• Published 29th Jan 2015
  • 1,212 Views, 9 Comments

Let Your Mane Down, Lift Your Heart Up - TitanicPony



A certain pony hasn't been out much, recently. Send Pinkie to lift their spirits! Problem: It's Pinkie. Then send her best friend! Who's her best friend, anyway? Who understands her at all? (Also, a braincell goes on a journey, don't ask).

  • ...
5
 9
 1,212

Second Cell

Second Chapter Disclaimer: Written By Rarity I own nothing and claim no rights to this. Do as you will.
Warning: If you're willing to take a chance, Your Suspension of Disbelief is politely requested.
~it's everything you've ever wanted~
Now Available with Japanese Sub <> Chapter Two: Secondo Cello Techno-WoredeSalade-Chan Go! Go! Go!
<>Flashing Red Lights<>LEVEL TWO<>Flashing Red Lights<>
SECOND CELL
SECOND CHAPTER
~Let your mane down, lift your heart up.~
<<<<a hush falls over the pages>>>>

Pinkie went about her work at the bakery, with her usual disinterest. It had been that way, for her, for like, a way long time.

"How did i mess this up so badly.... oh yeah... i told all of Ponyville my feelings for Twilight, and then Twilight ran away to protect her privacy." Pinkie banged her head on the counter. "Stupid, stupid, stupid, song, why'd i sing you? I Haven't seen her in, like... what... years?" Pinkie Pie hung her head. "Stupid, stupid, STUPID, OH MY GOSH I'M LIKE- LIKE- TALKING TO MYSELF AND GOING COMPLETELY CRAZY AND I'M UNCONTROLLABLY BREAKING THE FOURTH-" Her long straight hair was inside the pie-mix.

"Sweet Celestia," Pinkie banged on the counter with her hooves "or something" Pinkie threw her head back "Help me." Pinkie sighed. The worst part about all of this is that she'd gotten used to it. "Maybe I'll just vent on Rarity later." She mumbled. "<Don't use your imagination> -deserves it."
-------

Second Cell was shocked. Of course it was shocked. Twilight's brain was bad enough... but this?? It pulled it's hood off. Second Cell stroked it's beard. It had been a hard journey for It. Twilight's heart collective had immediately assumed that Second Cell, and the rest of The Traveling Twilight Bunch, were in fact, Cancer. (Except for Rarity; Prequel in the making) Thankfully, in the chaos that ensued, Second Cell had somehow managed to transfer itself from Twilight, to Pinkie, in the spittle. Second Cell had been told by the manual that this wasn't possible, but the manual didn't know nearly as much as Second Cell did. (Disclaimer: This is not Science!!)

"Morons." The now elderly and incredibly 'wise' cell said as it passed a Nomadic Pack of Pinkie's Illiterate, Hippie, Braincells, and flipped them off. Second Cell came to the Command Center. It'd waited it's whole life for this. A slightly dumber cell probably would have enjoyed the moment, (and a slightly less grumpy cell) but Second cell had come way too far, and been through way too much to not desperately grab at this final, last ditch, plan.

"You are kidding me." Second Cell held his walking cane tightly. It was unavoidable. Out of necessity, and duty, Second Cell threw away it's cane. The Bow and Heart-Tipped Arrow on it's cell-hip started to glow.
-------

Pinkie's left ear twitched. "Something's being resurrected!?!" She shouted in alarm. "This is so exciting, and totally not okay, but- but- but-"
------

Second Cell strode into the completely abandoned Command Center of Pinkie's Brain. It was filled with cob webs. There was, one, other, main distinguishing factor between this brain, and the one that the 'former Second Cell' of Twilight's brain, noticed.

"Sweet Celestia, Jackpot." There was a banging at the door behind him. They were coming from all over the place. Second Cell summoned what remained of it's youthful, idealistic spirit, and lunged for the virtual reality helmet that controlled everything in the command room. It shoved it awkwardly over the top of Itself.

It's field of vision was filled with pixels. They cleared up. 'Enter Password'. A small box within the center of It's vision appeared. Second Cell extended it's tentacles. It had learned much.

"Thank you Pinkie Heart Collective." It said solemnly as It entered the password, they had told It. 'Love.' It typed with the virtual keyboard.

"Incorrect." The computer voice answered. "Two more guesses. Guessing games are fun." It continued in a monotone.

"How-"

"Incorrect. One more Guess." The monotone voice tried to interrupt.

Second Cell was ready to snap.

-Fun." Second Cell growled.

"Password accepted."

The door to Pinkie's Brain-Command Center blew apart, with little slivers of artificial wood flying in all directions.

"YOU ARE IN VIOLATION OF THE IMMUNE SYSTEM, THE PUNISHMENT IS IMPRISONMENT IN THE SPINE." A giant white blood cell proclaimed, as It pushed It's way through the doorway.

"Not even a lymph node can hold me, FOOL!" Second Cell shouted.

"COMMAND: ACCEPT VOICE RECOGNITION, SECOND CELL, HONORARY HEARTCELL OF THE PINKIE HEART COLLECTIVE."

[Error: 404, would you like to notify the stem cells?]

"Son of a-" Four powerful tentacles grabbed onto Second Cell. "Accept Voice recognition!" Second Cell countered.

[Error: System Scared, can i go into safemode please?]

"Yes, Fine, Jeez!" The helmet was ripped from Second Cells's head.

[System Notification: Fear has been quarantined.]

"Request, Audio Response!" The old cell yelled hoarsely as it was thrown against one of the walls of the Command Center with a loud (painful) smack. Second Cell's Mitochondria went into shock, and the energy that it produced stopped flowing into Second Cell. It was losing consciousness. Then it noticed the button. It was only a few nano-meters away. "Dangit!" Second Cell was paralyzed. "Wait..."

"YOU HAVE BEEN SLITHERING AROUND THIS BODY LONG ENOUGH. CEASE RESISTING ARREST AND YOU WILL NOT BE TAZED." The White Cell threatened.

"Status, Depression." Second Cell barked weakly.

The Pinkie Command Center's Operating System answered: "99.2%, Critical Meltdown Imminent, Alert the Necessary Authorities."

"I've failed, haven't I? It this some kind of greek tragedy? (Designed to add the 'Complete Tag' to the story of a lazy author?!? <gasp>)" Second Cell had never been more dejected in it's entire life.

"YOU ARE NOT RESISTING, YOU WILL NOT BE TAZED." The white blood cell informed Second Cell.

"Well that's a good-" Second Cell stopped talking. It's clarity returned. "MUWAHA, <Censored for your protection> is what i think about you, Frank!"

The white blood cell reached forward in a rage and touched Second Cell. Second Cell started shaking as the electrical charge ran though it.

Second Cell's CutieMark re-activated. The mitochondria restarted, and began absorbing the electrical current. Sensation returned to one of Second Cell's lower extremities. It slowly lifted it, and batted away the the tentacle that was shocking It.

"Take this, FRANK!!! MMRRRRRAAAHHHHHH!!!!!"

Second Cell smashed the glass around the button on the wall, and pressed it.

"OH NO, NOT THE EMERGENCY SONG BUTTON!" Frank ,The White Blood Cell, said in horror.

"You gave me no other choice." Second Cell pouted defensively.
--------
<~Pew Pew Pew J J, Abrahms-Lasers-Everywhereeee,~>
[Verse 1:]
It's close to midnight and something evil's working in the dark,
Under the moonlight, you see a delight that almost looks like a tart,
You tried to add cream, but there's the error that you found before you baked it,
You start to add cheese, you're an explorer looking right at two cream pies,
You watch them rise,

[Chorus:]
Cause this is filler, it's lemon alright,(FROM CANADA: HEY BRITAAAINNN!!! This is for you! :D )
And no pony's gonna save it from the down votes about to spike,
More than if it it really *were*, about Spike,
You know it's filler, filler delight,
It's exciting, writing filler, lemon filler, at home, at night!

[Verse 2:]
You add some jam, and realize you're about to have more fun,
You kneel and behold, and wonder when the pie will be done,
You close your eyes, against the oven's radiation,
But all the while, you hear the pie rising as it was designed,
It's almost time,
[Chorus:]
Cause this is filllllllllleeeeeer, filler wordcount (+2) delight,
There ain't no second chances, when the grocery store is closed,
You know it's filler, filler delight,
It's exciting to contrive a parody of thriller, alright, alright!
[Bridge:]
The crust starts to fall, (But Second Cell is now getting uppppp),
The unfed start to talk about throwing a parade,
There's no escapin' the jaws of townsfolk this time, they're open wide,
This is the end of Pinkie's Pie,

[Verse 3:]
They're out to eat you, there will be customers closing in from every side,
They will digest you, unless we tell them we're hot (or taken ;) ) and to wait awhile,
Now is the time for me to eat this pie, and put on a big smile,
All through the night, eating lemon and cheese pies while I'm unseen,
Where is the brie?

[Chorus:]
This is filler, filler alright,
Cause i can fill in one more; the most you'd dare to fill a pie!
Filly, this is brie filler, brie filler delight,
So let me fold in the cheese in, alllllrrrrrright,
(The author starts to breakdown laughing, drop the beeeeeeaT,)
and bake a killer, thriller, filler,
Filler-brie-delight!!!

Pinkie shook her head, and came back to her senses.
"I just did three days worth of work innnnnn-" Pinkie shook her head again "-two minutes..." She sputtered woodenly 'i wonder what I'll do with myself now?' She scratched her chin with a hoof. 'Maybe, Shower?' She looked around. It looked like a bomb had blown-out the oven. "Not like i can bake anymore, anydoddles." She muttered.
------
Second Cell was thrown back and forth in the command center, it's limp form sliding back and forth on the floor until it grabbed onto the command chair.
"Accept Command, Restart Relationship." It mumbled weakly towards the VR helmet attached the chair in the middle of the room.
"Request Denied. Moral Base Code 834 requires mutual consent to restart a relationship." The monotone computer replied.
Second Cell went limp. It's cutie mark power was fading. "Think Cell, THINK!!!" It's consciousness was fading again. At the corners of it's vision, it saw a large number hippie right-brain cells, closing in.
It gasped. "Got it! Bring up the main menu!" Second Cell had been thinking about this all wrong. Second Cell's long personal trials on it's journey had jaded it a little. But not enough!
At that moment, a dozen of Pinkie's right brain cells made contact with his limp form.
"Initiate Brainstorm." The Pinkie-Cells said as one. Second Cell's thought center was engulfed in conflicting emotions. Mostly, depressing emotions. It was in danger of losing it's sanity. It tried to call on all it's schooling... but the Pinkie Cells were too powerful...
"Warning: Critical Meltdown in 5, 4, 3-"
Second Cell tried to clear it's mind. It did nothing but bring more chaos.
"2, 1-"
Second Cell uncleared it's thoughts, and opened them freely.
-------
"Woah, Twilight really does love me? And... and... she-" Pinkie started to tear up.
-------
The cells around Second Cell helped it up. The VR helmet was placed back on it's head.
YOU MAY PUT ON YOUR 3-D GLASSES NOW
(*Elevator Music Briefly Plays in the Background*)

It was barely conscious, but at least it wasn't connected to those hippie cells anymore.
"Are you-" The Pinkie Cells began.
"-YEAH YEAH YEAH." Second Cell blushed furiously.
"We have collectively decided that you are 'The Chosen Second', do you consent?" A doctor cell slid over, and began treating Second Cell. The other cells manned their stations. They cleaned them. They were incredibly efficient, when the mind was put to it.
"I am not the cell for this task, i am a Twilight Brain Cell, i only came to deliver-"
"WE KNOW WHAT YOU ARE." The cells said as one. Second Cell sighed, leaned back in the chair, and rubbed it's tentacles over it's sensory receptors.
"Hey! You're supposed to play along. This is part of 'the hero's journey'. I'm old, i'm infirm, and Frank won't leave me alone! Cut me a break already..." Second Cell was overcome by conflicting emotions.
Frank cleared It's throat. "Sorry about before, just my job." The White Blood Cell mumbled.
"Shut-up Frank. I'm a logical left brain cell, so i don't need your-"
The room burst out in laughter. It was hurting Second Cell's ears.
"Fine! You cells peered a little too-much into me, didn't you?" Second Cell grumbled shyly. The doctor cell had fixed Second Cell up as best It could.
...
...
...
"Lead on, Last Right Brain Cell of The Twilight! Hurrah!" The Pinkie cells grinned in unison.
Second Cell took a deep breath. "Accept voice command. RESTART PONY!" It roared.
-----------
Pinkie Pie stretched her hooves up and yawned. Her hair poofed up.
"THAT was a sucky fantasy. Never touchin' the fourth wall again. Never. Head hurts too much." She shook it one more time for good measure, and trotted confidently out the door.
"Canterlot, Twilight, awesome train ride, ERROR: 404, here we come!" Pinkie bounced down the street.
-----------
Twilight hunched over her desk. Her mane was filled with dead brown leaves.
"Twilight ruins everything," Twilight muttered dejectedly before rousing herself from her stupor, "yes, yes, that's the spell." Twilight grinned as she stared down at the book, and flipped the page. "Artificial Happiness." Twilight rubbed her hooves together and cackled insanely. "Good times, here i come!" She licked her lips.
---------------
Spoiler:

Second Cell grinned (somehow) "This is my REEEEAL plan." It whispered. It knew that Twilight's braincells were just as wacky as Pinkie's. It took off the VR helmet, and observed It's surroundings. Second Cell had ordered everycell but Second Cell to vacate the Command Center. And for good reason. The whole place was filled with grimy smoke.

"This explains so much," It grumbled, "Dang Hippies." Second cell took a moment to calm down and then put the VR helmet back on.

"Accept command: Open DOS." Second cell sat calmly in it's chair. "Accept Command: Authority, The Chosen Second of the brain's Command Center, Authority: Honorary Cell of the Heart Collective."

Second Cell's cutie mark flickered weakly. "I am wwaayy past my life expectancy." It grumbled.

"Confirm command: Warning: You are entering the subconscious." The operating command whispered coldly.

"Woah." Second Cell was magically transported into the classroom in Pinkie's head. It was apparently the teacher now. It looked down. It flickered. "Hologram, huh?" Suddenly Second Cell was surrounded by little cells.

"Hi." "Hi." "Hi."

Second Cell grinned. "Break out your Engineering Books, and your Diplomacy Books. I have a super-project in mind."

"YYYEEEEYYY. Reading is fun!" The little stem cells said.

Author: Warning. "The plan is for the next chapter to be the worst possible thing!!!... it will be hard to write. PREPARE YOURSELVES, FRONTPAGE! We're going deep into the heart-collective in:

~Rarity's Redemption Arc~ Three Nights in the Twilight Zone. Rarity's at it Again

Coming Soon.

Rarity Threw her quill down, triumphantly. "And if not, i shall bribe the tabloids." She sighed. "Best Handle, Ever!"
------
Rarity's Braincells prepared to take the pill. The hulking monster was back.
"F-"
"Like, OHHH EMMMM GGGGGGEEE, wrong colour pill! Jeez." Rarity's Lead Cell rolled it's organelles.
<<<<You can return to reality now... in three... two... one, upvote, each>>>>
Dedicated to the pony that made a youtube music video about my first song. (Link in mah name somewhere) The second song isn't as good. Just thriller filler. WWWOOOOO talk about bringing back something that ponies thought was dead, huh? :D
Now with 5% more pseudo-science :D :D :D :D :D . It's the healthy share/follow. Ask your Doctor about Brie filler. Cures all your ailes, it does. ;)
That's a wrap... for now... Dun-dundun
Rarity is Best Pony :) No! Best pony ARG RARITY IS BEST PONY!!! You can't Censor- ... Rar- Wro- It- Btr
A Monotone voice inserts itself. "Stage Two Complete, 002."

Spoiler/Preview: "Yessss, Yesssss, all according to plan. E-HE-HE-HE." Rarity adjusted her binoculars as she watched Pinkie tap on Twilight's Door. Rarity's eyebrow twitched. "Yeah, Wow, i really need to stop... eventually~"

A pin fell out of Rarity's pocket.

Pinkie Whirled in place. "Caught ya off guard, didn't I!"

The binoculars tumbled from Rarity's hooves.

<<<A very short interlude into Rarity's thoughts; an aside, if you will>>>

A spotlight illuminates the dazzling mare. She takes in the world as if it is her oyster.

"I'm hungry for brie for some reason."

~Let Your Mane Down, Lift Your Heart Up~

Author's Note:

~Don't put it in your script if you don't know what it is, don't put it the script, don't put it in the script.~
Equestrian Tabloids Give: 'Let Your Mane Down, Lift Your Heart Up', 3.5/5 Diamonds, Critic named Rarity, Agree.
Other Critics Say: "...It was mildly entertaining, at times; however, at other times..." AND: "It's Drivel, but i finished reading it anyway." AND "It was consistently dreadful; i did, however, derive some sick pleasure from watching the author spiral into complete obscurity and irrelevance.". AND "I think the whole thing is a substandard parody of Thriller. 5/5."

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment