• Published 21st May 2015
  • 5,887 Views, 382 Comments

The Equestrian Edda - Grey Ghost



The continuing saga of Jason Hughes as he moves into parenthood.

  • ...
45
 382
 5,887

Lizardy Madness

Author's Note:

Crossover with Jsyrin's story, I Got 682 Problems, But a Lizard Ain't One, found here: https://www.fimfiction.net/story/234626/i-got-682-problems-but-a-lizard-aint-one

Jason sighed, looking out at the village that had sprung up around the castle.

“Are you sure it was a good idea to hire Trixie?” Rarity asked, joining him out on the balcony. She adjusted her wings, looking up at her husband with a hesitant look.

“I think it’ll be good for her. She’ll be able to get used to her new body here and not someplace where people will judge her.”

“I suppose you're right,” Rarity said, noting a twinkling in the distance. “Hmm..I wonder what that is.” She spread her wings, buzzing out toward the object. She returned a moment later, holding that strange scale from before.

“That thing was still out there?” Jason asked, taking it from her. “I wonder what this thing came from anyway?”

“Perhaps it’s a Displaced token?” Rarity suggested, fixing up her mane.

“If it is, I’m not getting a message from it,” Jason said, turning it this way and that in his hands.


Several Universes over, Drake stood in lizard form over the corpse of a particularly uppity Keter Class AEC that had to choose that day to try and escape confinement. The lizard snorted, blowing tiny droplets of blood off his muzzle in the process. The AEC’s sole talent was causing heart attacks on contact - nothing even remotely worth assimilating. As he proceeded to desecrate the remains further, he felt a most curious tugging sensation behind his navel.

With a last confused glance at his stomach, he disappeared in a flash of light.


“I suppose it’s just a weird scale,” Rarity said after a few moments of nothing. “I’ll be heading to bed, Chrysalis is already waiting for us.” She gave him a wink, quickly trotting back into their room.

“I’ll be right there, babe!” Jason called with a grin on his face. He turned on his heel, starting to head inside.

He was interrupted, however by a sudden flash of light and the curious feeling of something large and scaly smashing him into the floor with a strangely distorted, “Oh fuck!” issuing from, presumably, its mouth.

“Get the fuck off me!” Jason hissed, pushing at whatever the hell it was.

The thing obliged, rolling off and revealing a demonic - and quite nauseous - looking giant lizard-beast that promptly regurgitated an improbable amount of blood and acid onto the balcony, melting a hole straight through. It shook its head and squinted at Jason, “Oi... where the HELL am I?”

“My castle. I take it this is your scale?” Jason asked, holding it up.

“Yeah. So, who’re you?”

“I’m Jason Hughes, and you are?” Jason raised his eyebrow, looking the creature over.

The creature impossibly shifted into a human being with several reptilian features, including a swishing tail with wicked looking scale-shaped blades.

“I’m Drake Long, nice to meet you.” Drake went in for a handshake, stepping carefully around the puddle of vomit melting through the floor.

“Okay... may I ask what the fuck you are?” Jason asked, eyeing the man’s hand warily.

Drake shrugged. “Human... ish. I just have some... very interesting DNA that just so happens to be more reptilian than anything else. Or at least, that’s what the doctors told me. Don’t worry, I’m not about to give you some weird disease or anything. Even though I can spit clouds of hallucinogenic chemicals...” Though Drake whispered the last part to himself, Jason still heard it.

“Yeah, don’t do that,” Jason said glaring at him. “I take it you didn’t even know you had a token?”

“Huh? No, I did... uh, you heard the message right? Sometimes it doesn’t play, I think... I think I messed it up a little when I made it. I think the message only plays once, so... yeah.” More shrugs, this time with an additional tail flick that carved a small gouge into the stone floor.

“You know, you picked a great time to show up,” Jason sighed, running a hand down his face.

“What’s happening?” Drake wondered, idly gouging patterns with his tail and toe claws.

“My wives are inside waiting for me,” Jason deadpanned with a glare.

“Oh. Uh... I have no idea what to say to that. Sorry.” Drake was already halfway to the railing, planning on finding someone else to bother. “I’ll uh... I think I’ll just leave for now.”

“Hey, I’m not letting you out of my sight lizard boy.”

Drake glared, “Look man, you got multiple women waiting for your scruffy ass. I am not about to intrude into someone else’s sexytime like that. Other than being incredibly awkward, I am also in a relationship with someone who can set me on fire from the inside out. Ergo, good day, have your sex, I’m going to go find someone else to talk to.” With that, Drake leapt from the balcony, sprouting a pair of wings and taking off into the sky with the resounding thunderclap of Mach 3 flight.

“Oh hell no!” Jason said, jumping off the balcony and shifting into Slipstream. He put it into high gear, following after him.

Drake noted the pegasus following him and, after slowing down to properly process the fact that a small gray pony was catching up to Mach 3 flight, shifted and grew, growing to just shy of a thousand feet long and becoming a massive, winged snake flying at Mach 4.

“I said I’m not letting you out of my sight!” Jason shouted, still keeping up with him.

“You asshat! Aren’t your wives waiting on your stupid ass!?” Drake took things up a notch once more, vents opening up along his sides as his serpentine form grew a rainbow colored crest. “Let’s see how you deal with speeds like this!”

An earth shattering roar erupted from Drake’s position, flames blasting from the vents and the edges of his wings, as the massive snake blasted from Mach 4 straight to Mach 10, leaving behind a crimson shockwave and a massive trail of smoke.

“Oh come on!” Jason sneered, glaring, “Ok think... um... Omnitrix, XLR8!” He dropped to the ground as he shifted, starting to race after the beast. “Hey! I’m not leaving you alone!” he shouted up at him, still able to keep up.

“Tch. He won’t leave me alone, fine. Then how about....” Without warning, Drake dove, wings disappearing and flames sputtering out. Shrieking out of the sky, the massive snake managed to accelerate a tiny bit further and thus slammed into Jason ten seconds later with all the force of 61869999300 Newtons, destroying the ground and Everfree forest for almost a mile in every direction due to the shockwave.

XLR8 was gone at that point, though there was a strange green substance in the crater. It sloshed together, raising up to form Goop. “Oh thank Yggdrasil for the quick change.”

The basilisk was gone as well, though the bottom of the crater was filled with disgustingly foul reddish orange slime. As Goop looked on, the small lake of slime roiled and quivered, compressing back into the giant winged snake he had been chasing.

Except this time it was on fire.

“Seriously bro?” Jason asked with a sigh, looking at him.

“SERIOUSLY.” Crackling flames only added to the ominous quality of Drake’s triple-toned hiss.

“I could just send you home ya know,” Jason said, watching him closely.

“HOME IS FULL OF BOREDOM. MY GIRLFRIEND IS ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE PLANET FROM WHERE I WAS, I WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF A BASE CAMP WITH NOTHING TO DO OTHER THAN GUARD A STUPID TIGER THAT GAVE PEOPLE HEART ATTACKS, AND I JUST KILLED IT A FEW MINUTES AFTER IT BROKE OUT OF ITS CAGE AND KILLED ALL MY TEAMMATES.” The quetzalcoatl shook itself and compressed back into Drake.

“So if you could kindly step off and get back to your spousal duty, I’m gonna go find something to eat. You guys have donuts on this planet?”

“I am not letting you roam free in my world,” Jason said, reverting to normal. He clenched his fist, starting to conjure up an Ultima spell. “What about that do you not understand?”

“And I’m perfectly safe as long as nothing tries to kill me. Have some faith in the shape shifting lizardman, why don’t you? C’mon man, you got wives waiting for you.” Drake ignored the Ultima and strode off, ignoring the tiny chunk of biomass calling to him from under a rock.

“I said no,” Jason repeated, holding his arm out, “Don’t make me force you to leave.”

“Oh please, that ain’t gonna do jack shit against me, pal. But whatever. It’s your world, ne?” Drake shoved his hands into his bright orange jumpsuit pockets, idly scratching at his neck with his tail.

‘I think I should get more outfits than just this stupid jumpsuit... maybe Rarity could help with that... haven’t seen her in a few weeks, but that should be fine enough...’

“Yeah, I doubt this won’t hurt you. Ultima packs a hell of a punch.”

Drake shrugged and meandered toward the edge of the crater, noting the wave of destruction stretching from the impact point, “Holy shit... I knew Isaac Newton was the deadliest son of a bitch in space... but damn, even planetside he’s deadly.”

“And I’m going to have to clean it up, thanks a lot asshole,” Jason growled at him.

“Hey, you’re the one who followed the guy that just wanted to explore the planet for a few hours. Granted, I coulda handled that better... stupid short temper... but still. You don’t just leave your spousal duty to follow one dude.” Drake paused, hand on his chin, “At least... I think that’s how it goes...”

“Crap like this happens more often than you know,” Jason said with a sigh, “I can’t in all good conscience let you just run around unsupervised.”

The lizardman stopped and stared, “Ho- are you one of those hero types!?” The expression on his face was a mixture of surprise and a tiny bit of respect.

“Depends on who you ask really,” Jason shrug, “Why do you ask?” he looked the lizardman over, frowning a little.

“Not a lot of people like that back home. Most of the planet’s stuck in pragmatism and anti-heroism. Me n’ Eve are about the only heroes we got... and I’m not exactly a hero considering how many people I kill due to collateral.” Drake muttered.

“Jason if you had to deal with a Displaced you could have just said so,” Rarity said as she landed next to him, looking at Drake, “Hello there, my name is Rarity, a pleasure.”

Drake stared at the pony with wings, uncomfortably noting the familiar hairstyle. “Uh... hey, I’m Drake. Drake Long, shape shifting lizardman and occasional hero of the day; at your service.” He bowed theatrically, arms sweeping out and tail lashing.

“Quite the gentlecolt,” Rarity said with a giggle.

“You act like you’ve never seen a pony before,” Jason chuckled.

Drake scratched the back of his neck sheepishly, “Ah heh, that’s because I haven’t. Everyone back home was just a human with tacked on parts like mine... except more unicorn horns and feathery wings... some of the D-Types had horns too... and the Princesses... and Doc Twilight... had wings and a horn... there were tails too, but none as amazing as mine.”

“I never want to go to your world,” Jason said with a shudder, “That’s way too close to the uncanny valley,”

“To each their own... so, back to my other question, do you guys... have donuts?

“Of course we have donuts you fool, why the hell wouldn’t we?”

“Jeez, just asking, jerk.” Drake folded his arms, “Ah, Rarity, please don’t call me a gentlem- colt... I’m not. I’m just very... how did the on-site psychiatrist put it before her mind broke under the strain...?” He tapped his chin and trailed off, lightly slapping the back of Jason’s head with the flat side of his tail.

“Stop that,” Jason said, slapping the tail away. The Omnitrix chirped, taking a sample from Drake’s tail.

“Uh... what was that? What was that noise?” Drake twitched, slightly paranoid about strange noises.

“The Omnitrix took a sample of your DNA,” Jason said, popping the dial of the Omnitrix up, browsing through the selection for the new form.

“Oh shit. If you’re doing what I think you’re doing... uhh...” Drake seemed inordinately nervous as Jason scrolled through the forms, subtly stepping between Jason and Rarity.

“And what do you think I’m doing?” Jason asked, not looking up from the watch. “Ah here we go, my sample of whatever the hell you are.” Jason peered down at the silhouette, which was reptilian.

“Well... it looks like you’re planning on trying to do something with that sample. Uh... my DNA doesn’t exactly... play nicely though...”

Jason just smirked, pressing down on the dial. He shifted forms, this time into a large Komodo Dragon-like armored lizard with an electric blue mane. “Well, I certainly feel stronger.”

“Ohhhh dear. Better hope your mental defences are up to par... My... species... I guess? has a four way split consciousness and three of them are going to be actively fighting you for control for a while until you stabilize....” Drake warned, slowly backing off with Rarity behind him.

“I already have two other personalities in my head,” Jason just rolled his eyes, “I’m pretty sure I’ll be fine.”

“No fourth? Oh man you’re screwed... if you don’t have a fourth... it automatically locks into an insane bloodrage. And that fourth part is always the strongest part.” Drake backed up further, “Rarity, you might want to run, because if Jason loses control, I’m the only one who can stop him.”

“I have confidence in him, he’s had a history of... bloodrages after all,” Rarity said, shaking her head.

“Does that include a maddening desire to kill and devour every sentient being in the Universe?”

“Erm, perhaps not...” Rarity said with a nervous chuckle.

“We’re boned,” Drake muttered. “Okay, Jason, you’re gonna wanna stay calm, because the bloodrage is gonna hit hard and hit fast. It’s most likely gonna latch onto Split 3, the predator instincts. One of your personalities was probably funneled in there, so be wary if he/she starts acting more homicidal than normal.”

“Bah! As if simple blood rage would take me,” Hughes spoke through Jason, sounding rather confident.

“Hey, who’s that new guy? The lizardy one with the red eyes.... oh dear. Best wish us luck readers, this won’t end well at all.” Hodgepodge spoke next before Jason howled in pain, shaking his head.

“And there it is, folks. Rarity, you may want to run and/or fly as fast as you can. And I mean haul ass. Your life may literally depend on it.” Drake never took his eyes off of the new lizard, hands already lengthening into the talons of 682.

“Do try not to hurt my husband,” Rarity said before taking to the air, flying back to the hive.

“Tch. We’re annoyingly resilient, us S’xeituus. He’ll be fine.”

Jason growled flickering his tail, his eyes pure red.

“Oh fuck... red eyes, check. Cross shaped pupils... thankfully not yet...” Drake muttered, shifting into full lizard form, standing a good two feet taller than Jason. “Thank God we’re already in a destroyed crater...”

Jason roared before barreling at Drake, biting into his forearm. He shook his head much like a dog to maximize damage. Drake roared in annoyance, blasting Jason and carving massive trenches into the blue lizard’s armor. Shaking off the bleeding, Drake ceded control over to SCP 682, eyes changing from emerald green to blazing orange and body growing more powerful.

Jason got to his feet, snarling in rage. He let out a roar, causing a blast of intense wind to smack into the the larger lizard.

“Tch. You’ll need to do better than that to best me, whelp!” Out came the organic rockets, explosive shards of bone firing from 682’s open shoulders and smashing Jason through whatever rubble lay in the area, improbably arcing around to blast the berserk reptile from multiple directions.

Jason howled before shielding himself with a dome of ice. He burst out of it a moment later, pouncing on 682, ripping into his neck and tearing large chunks of flesh and muscle out.

“WAHAHAHA! MUCH BETTER! THAT’S IT! FIGHT LIKE THE BEAST YOU ARE, YOU BLOODRAGE FILLED WASTE OF REPTILIAN GENETICS SIRED BY THE FILTHIEST LIZARD WHORE IN THE SLIMIEST BROTHELS OF LIZARD-TOPIA!” 682 gave as good as he got, the crater running red and green from the strange mix of blood and acid each carried in their veins.

Jason bit into the elder’s stomach, 682’s innards starting to freeze and shatter like they had been exposed to liquid nitrogen. 682 roared in pain as blue and orange liquid spurted from the wound, unfreezing the organs as they regenerated. The oddly colored antifreeze dyed the ground further, now making the crater seem like a crude(r) rendition of Jackson Pollock’s distinctive art style.

Jason hissed, letting out a roar that shook the very ground from the sheer force.

“You call that a roar!? THIS IS A ROAR YOU INSOLENT BASTARD CHILD OF A DISGRACED GECKO WHORE!” What followed wasn’t so much a sound so much as it was a lethal application of force in a radial area that forced all the air for a several hundred meter radius away, creating a temporary vacuum. Such was the volume that even the far away Ponyville heard it, all of its inhabitants wondering what that terrifying sound was.

Jason got to his feet, snarling in anger. He pounced again, wrapping his tail around 682’s neck, slashing his face with his claws. SCP 682 just laughed, easily ripping through the un-bladed, finned tail with his own red hot tail blades and leapt into the air, wings ripping from his sides as he ceded control to AEC 682 and shifted into a far more agile, though now slightly smaller than Jason, size.

Jason recovered quickly, his tail healing almost instantly. “Ok let me try something,” Hodgepodge said, worming his way into the drivers seat. Jason’s eyes turned plaid, as did his mane. “Oh goody it worked, but the body still needs some work... hmm...”

“Plaid? Really? What a horrible choice of colors.” AEC muttered, still wary but not exactly prepared to attack.

“Oh hush you, don’t question me, I’m not all there,” Hodgepodge thought for a moment before their body shifted, taking on the characteristics of various dinosaurs. “There! Much better~!”

‘AEC, tell Jason that his other voices are insane, will you?’ Drake muttered from inside his mindscape.

‘You do it, hatchling.’

With that, Drake found himself back in the driver’s seat, body shifting to a well balanced mix of power and speed. “Okay seriously, that has got to be the weirdest damn S’xeituu form I’ve ever seen. And I can turn inorganic at will, so that’s saying something.”

“What? Not a fan of dinosaurs? I thought it was appropriate as Jason wanted to be a paleontologist before coming here.”

“I like dinosaurs just fine. They taste great when they’re still futilely trying to claw your throat out. I ate the last dinosaur alive three weeks ago after it thought it could take on the Emperor of Reptiles, a.k.a. ME.” Cue proud pose.

“Meh, thats Godzilla’s title.”

“Like hell it is! Godzilla’s King of the Monsters!” Drake yelled.

“I’ve heard it both ways,” Hodgepodge taunted with a smirk.

“Che! Don’t make me laser-eyes you into extinction, Triassic Man.”

“Oh please, if I were in my true form I’d turn you into a chihuahua, so you can bark all you want doggy.”

“Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!” With one last huff, Drake dropped back to the ground, back in his human form. “You gonna change back now?”

“Nah, I want to stretch my legs. Yes, screw you too Hughes. Omnitrix, Hodgepodge.” he ordered, shifting into his corresponding form. “There we go! Wait, the italics are still on give me a moment.” He looked up, commandeering his author’s mouse cursor. He moved it up, clicking off the italics button. “Testing, testing. Ah there we go, normal text!”

“... okay then. So, donuts? I don’t have any cash though, so... wanna help a brother out?” Drake asked, looking up at the draconequus.

“Sure! But first,” he snapped his fingers, fixing the crater, though it kept all the weird colors. “There, soo... Donut Joe’s it is!” A moment later they were in said establishment, startling the patrons. “Well? Order your donuts already.”

“Lesseeeeee... Three chocolate, two glazed, one pink frosted sprinkled donut... and whatever the hell a cronut is.” Drake ordered, tail wagging back and forth.

“You got it!” Joe said, quickly gathering up the donuts, bagging them. “Here ya go, that’ll be five bits.”

“Huh. Lot cheaper than they’d have been back home... Oh wait, shit,” Drake turned to Hodgepodge, “Uhhh you’re paying for this right?”

Hodgepodge rolled his eyes, pulling the bits from behind Drake’s ear. “Here you go, kind sir,” he said placing them on the counter. “Come on, let’s get back to the village.” He snapped his fingers, teleporting them back to the Everfree village. “Well, ready to go home?”

“Nah, I kinda still need to talk to Jason about that S’xeituu DNA he scanned. Know the dangers and such, y’know?” Drake stuffed a donut into his mouth, rapidly consuming the donut by unhinging his jaw and swallowing it whole.

“Oh fine, also, thats a really lame name,” Hodgepodge said, tapping the Omnitrix, switching back to Jason.

“Okay... my head hurts a lot...” Jason said with a groan.

“Serves your fool head right for selecting that damn sample in your fancy watch, idiot.” Drake slapped the back of Jason’s head again, this time with more force.

“Shut it,” Jason said, growling at him.

“Honestly, not even asking about the dangers of transforming into an unknown race? That’s just stupid.” Drake sighed, “Well, might as well get comfortable, because this is gonna be a long talk about your new form.”

“Turning into unknown races is kinda my thing,” Jason said with a laugh, “Besides, I’m Jotun, I can handle it.”

“If you turned into a S’xeituu where there were more sentient beings than just me and Rarity, you would have fallen even faster and the streets woulda run red with chunky pony salsa. Look man, us S’xeituu? And believe me, it’s just us. Thank god. Anyway, from what I know about myself and my... race, I guess... well, you know the four way split consciousness thing... I guess I should start at the beginning... Okay, this is gonna sound insane, but I’m actually not the first mind to inhabit this body. SCP is; he’s the Predator Instinct part of my split. He came first, back when the S’xeituu were an actual race in some Universe. Then came AEC, the Paternal Instinct. The Bloodrage manifested after a particularly intense bout of emotion. Unfortunately, the Sapient Mind, me, didn’t naturally manifest, since those only manifested upon adulthood and the moment this body reached adulthood, the Universe ended on SCP. Flash forward an indeterminable amount of time, and we get this one guy who seals the quantum mess that is the body of a S’xeituu into a patch of fabric. The same one sewn to the back of my shirt. I buy that patch, I get sent to Equestria, and I get turned into the main facet of the mind of a beast that literally survived the end of a Universe. That’s my start, so that’s how I know about my race. You with me so far?”

“Yeah, I got ya,” Jason said with a nod.

Drake nodded as well and continued, “Right well, the S’xeituu are not a natural species. We’re too good at unconsciously adapting to everything to even remotely resemble anything living. Hell, we can actually switch between being organic and inorganic. I literally adapted to a laser by turning to glass once.”

“Sounds like my race. The first Jotun, Ymir was the first being in this universe. The Jotun have been around for so long that we laugh in the face of biology.”

“Huh. That’s actually pretty cool. Anyway, the creators of the S’xeituu were the ones known as the Aosif. Brilliant geneticists, the lot of them, S’xeituus wiped them out for being horrifyingly cruel slavers, warmongers, and bioweapon manufacturers. The S’xeituu were an old race. Billions of years of evolutionary stagnation, since they were already at the top of the ladder. Thing is, nothing can kill a S’xeituu without complete disintegration of all of its cells. Yes, even the dead ones that flake off every second. As for why this is a problem, the consciousness of a S’xeituu is spread out through its cells, with a connection that transcends spacetime. Ergo, if almost all of a S’xeituu is destroyed, the largest clump of dead cells will reanimate and start consuming raw materials until it regrows its body in full.” Drake toyed with a random twig, waving it around as if it were a lecture pointer.

“Go on...”

“Right. So, after that first transformation, you should be fine. The Bloodrage only really manifests upon the first transformation; after that, it’s only if your mental defences are shattered while you’re pissed off. Uh, be warned though, S’xeituu DNA is notoriously expressive, so you may end up gaining another voice in your head.” More donuts were consumed as Drake spoke. “The abilities I have are exclusive to me, due to the runic system carved into my lizard form. Those mess with my DNA and store the DNA of the things I choose to assimilate, allowing me to use their abilities. They’re carved into my soul, apparently, so unless you copy them exactly onto your soul, you’re not gonna get anything beyond the standard reactive adaptation and immortality.”

“I’m already sorta immortal,” Jason said, leaning against a tree.

“Oh, well, being a S’xeituu would make you even more immortal, probably. So... I’m pretty sure that’s about all you need to know about the S’xeituu... unless you want to know culture and stuff. For a race of immortal beings with anger problems, there was a surprisingly rich culture, even without a lot of the cultural items present in most societies.”

“Uh huh... whatever you say lizardman, all I know is you gave me yet another voice in my head.” Jason sighed, hanging his head.

“Maybe you just shouldn’t have scanned me, then,” Drake muttered, looking around at the village. “So what else is there to do around here?”

“This is normal Equestria, not your weird human place, what do you think?”

“I’m gonna guess that there aren’t video games or anything present in twenty first century earth.” More mutters as the lizardman drew patterns in the dirt.

“Well... there are but they’re all mine,” Jason said, watching him, with a raised eyebrow.

“What do you have?”

“A PS3.”

“Damn. Haven’t had one of those in a long time...”

“Meh, not a whole lotta power out here.”

“So, what games? Anything good?”

“My whole collection. I went home and cleared my room out.”

A quick facepalm from Drake. “That’s not saying much.”

“Or is it?”

Flat stare. “Nope.” Drake sighed and dropped his face into his hands, “If you’re not gonna let me game, then I guess I’ll just... go home. Ugh. Snow and corpses, here I fucking come.”

Drake looked up, “Uh... how the fuck do I get home again?”

“Drake, our contract is complete,” Jason said simply.

“The fuck was that suppo-Ohhhhhhh shiiiiiiiiii......” And thus the lizardman disappeared into a swirling portal of madness, spewing obscenities the whole way down.

“So... coming to bed?” Rarity asked, batting her eyes rather suggestively.

Jason just smirked, scooping her up into his arms, “What do you think?” he asked, heading back toward the castle, a bit of a spring to his step. Once they got there however, they found that Chrysalis was no where to be found.

"She must have gone to check on the eggs," Rarity said, flying over to the bed.

"Should we wait for her?" he asked. The two of them exchanged a glance before smirking.

"Nah.” Just as they got into bed, Chrysalis came trotting into the room, three eggs held aloft in her magic.

“Ah! There you two are! I was wondering what happened to you,” Chrysalis said, moving over to a corner and looking it over.

“Yeah...” Jason said, blinking a few times, “Chrissy, whats up with the eggs?”

“These are our eggs!” she cooed, spitting some goo in the corner. She gently sculpted what looked like a nest out of it, setting the eggs inside.

“I get that but, what makes these eggs so special out of the what, hundred you laid?”

“Because those are my eggs, these are our eggs,” she pointed out, “Those eggs are unfertilized, and depending on how much and what kind of love they’re given, will hatch into various kinds of drones.” She gestured to the nest. “These eggs were fathered by you and will hatch into monarchs.” She moved over to the bed, climbing in with them. “Now! Let’s have some fun shall we?” she asked, licking Jason’s cheek, a predatory smirk growing on her muzzle.