• Published 21st May 2015
  • 5,890 Views, 382 Comments

The Equestrian Edda - Grey Ghost



The continuing saga of Jason Hughes as he moves into parenthood.

  • ...
45
 382
 5,890

2032

It was a cold night when Jeffery’s limo finally pulled into his driveway. Jet lag was currently draining his will to live, as it did every business trip. He bade good night to his chauffeur, making a beeline right for his front door.

His home was rather modest for his work, he didn’t like to draw attention to himself. With a quick turn of the key, he unlocked his door, stepping inside. Immediately, his hopes of going right to sleep were dashed.

Sitting on his couch, sipping at a flask of scotch, was a scruffy looking young man he had never seen before. He wore an old grey hoodie, with a vaguely familiar diamond symbol stitched into it. His pants were just as old, a pair of torn up jeans. His face was hidden behind a modest beard, though Jeffery could make out a scar under his right eye.

“Ah, Mr. Parker, just the man I wanted to see.” The young man sat up, running a hand through his waist long hair. “I was hoping to talk about a few thin-”

“The hell are you doing in my house?” Jeffrey slammed his door shut, his hand already reaching for his phone. He let out a curse, tossing the phone away as it burst into flame. “The fuck?” He felt his heart pumping, staring at the charred device.

“Okay, let's do that again.” Jeffrey returned his attention to the young man, fighting the urge to flee. “My name is Jason Hughes. I apologize for breaking in, but I didn’t think you’d meet with me otherwise.”

Jeffrey studied Jason closely, glancing between him and the phone. “Just tell me what you want, money? I can wire you any amount you want.”

Jason pinched his nose, letting out a long, exasperated sigh. “Look, just sit down will ya?” Jeffrey complied, taking a seat across from his uninvited guest. “Now then, we’ll be discussing one of your older properties, specifically: Friendship is Magic.”

Despite his fear, Jeffrey felt a pang of disgust run through him. This was obviously one of those ‘bronies’ that wouldn’t let the show go. “That show went off the air over a decade ago,” Jeffrey informed, not even trying to hid his sneer. “We’re not going to bring it back, even if you hold me hostage.”

Jason just shrugged, downing the rest of his drink. “Eh, the show was never my thing, got really surreal after a while.” He placed his glass on the table, turning towards the kitchen. “You owe me five bits Chrissy, I told you you got cancelled!”

Jeffrey opened his mouth to ask who else was invading his home, only to emit a string of gibberish. A tall, black horse stepped into view, locking eyes with him. Expect, she wasn’t just a horse. In place of fur, she had shiny black chitin, as well as sickly green eyes, beautiful butterfly wings and a wicked, sharp horn.

“Damn,” she cursed, her voice echoing strangely. “And here I was hoping we’d be something like the Simpsons.” Chrysalis trotted over to Jason, taking a seat next to him. “Anyway, we were so hoping you’d discuss a few plans with us, Mr. Parker.”

“What...?” was Jeffrey’s befuddled reply.

“See, there are a lot of things the world needs to know about.” Jason sat forward, locking his fingers together. “And we need Hasbro to help us get things started. Think you can do that?”

Jeffrey looked between the young man and the living cartoon character. Was he losing his mind? Did Jason drug him somehow? No, he’d done his fair share of drugs before, and this didn’t feel like a trip. And if it was real...

“W-what do you need?”

Jason smirked, pouring himself another glass. “Now, that's a good question.”

Comments ( 54 )

Wow, holding up the owner for mlp for unknown reasons. Low blow to the hero pit of Jason hun.

?????????

7927030 I like how that's your main take away from that.

7927035 Yes, let the confusion fill you

See, there are a lot of things the world needs to know about.” Jason sat forward, locking his fingers together. “And we Hasbro to help us get things started. Think you can do that?”
Jeffrey looked between the young man and the living cartoon character. Was he losing his mind? Did Jason drug him somehow? No, he’d done his fair share of drugs before, and this didn’t feel like a trip. And if it was real...
W-what do you need?”
Jason smirked, pouring himself another glass. “Now, that's a good question.”

I hope that it is about telling world that Equestria is really, as Asgard and Multiverse.See their(world,) reactions .... priceless:pinkiehappy::rainbowkiss:,well,for the same reason I hope that it also means that author is planning another stories in this uniwersu (with saying true to humanity and ect.)

I am confused about this chapter.

Very confused, though glad to see you updating more.

7927067 I'll give you a hint, consider the chapter title.

Just think about it, Hasbro is organizing a press conference about MLP brand, with politicians and media (using charity or ect. to gather them all), and then Hasbro press agent is telling them that Equestria exist . A moment of silence:rainbowhuh: and everyone laughs:rainbowlaugh: ..... and then on sky... appears portal and through it passes the airship:rainbowderp:. From the inside come out Ruler of Equestria and mane 6,than Then Jason start tell them his heritage. Total mind blown!.

7927137 Seriously? Not the year? Oh wait, is a this presidential election?

7927171 Oh no, its the year. But, why is the year important to the story?

7927174 Because until 2032 the story is not going to continue?

All I'm gonna say is, Lauren Faust or I go home.

7927174:trixieshiftleft: Something about Stargate or incoming apocalypse or it's linked to Ben 10?......it could be anything.

oooh! interesting!

I... am so confused. This just seems so out of right wing.

Also, dude. SPAG check before posting. I noticed so many missing words and wrong spellings it hurt.

You know I only say this cause we're friends.

7927267 Well, I kinda stole a page out of DC's book. Going full 52 on this

was this a teaser cause you been away for so long that is what it feels like

7927327 thought so good teaser by the way

Nicely done. Quite an unexpected twist

7927037 yes, yes it is.

7927327 awesome end chapter my friend and I can't wait for u to make a sequel to this story

Anything to do with Twilight's unconfirmed death?

Huh, interesting teaser. Should be fun. God to see you back.

'Jeffery’s' - Jeffrey's.

'If a quick turn of the key' - with

I know what you mean by 2032. That is the new supposed 'end of the world' by an asteroid maybe *shrugs*

7928238 It is? Huh, didn't know that

7928306 I was googling it wondering what you meant and I came across this under bateries

Ooh, things just got interesting.

7928448 Yeah, but the story ended. Had a good run, that Jason.

7939605 I never said a sequel wasn't coming

7939613 Neither did you say there was.

7945661 Yes you did. I just read the last update for this. AND I read the sequel.

7951127 It's obvious in the dialogue that Patty is not Zinnia. She's the one who displaced Zinnia.

7973099 I regret nothing!

If I didn't know any better, I'd still say this comes off as very evil looking.

On the whole, I did enjoy this story.

However, one gripe i have is the amount of crossovers and how they'd take me out of the story altogether. And i don't mean i had a problem with the number of crossovers, oh, no, i wasn't too bothered by that at all. What bothers me is that, when the crossovers happened, it didn't feel like another story was crossing over with yours, it felt like yours was crossing over with others.

Let me explain, my idea of a crossover is that, whilst it's the same thing in both stories, they're seen from the author's story's perspective, but that's not what happened here a large amount of the time, it even happened in the previous fic a fair bit, now that i think about it. No more obvious is this than in that chapter crossing over with that troll story. the moment we enter it, we're not getting anything from jason's perspective, or even Orm's. instead, it's like we're getting it from the perspective of the trolls themselves, as if from their fic, which, for those of us who only read your story because the other didn't really call out to us, we're completely confused about everything. The characters act like we know everything about them and their world, when we don't. Not to mention the whole using numbers in the words got confusing beyond hell to the point i had no idea what they were saying more than half the time, even when reasoning what letter the numbers were replacing.

And sadly, having read this all the way through, it tended to be how those crossovers went. the moment jason's in another world, we're not seeing it from his perspective, we're seeing it from the crossover's perspective. When i read crossover chapters in a displaced fic, i see it working better when it's seen from the story i'm reading's perspective, then, if i go to the other fic and read the chapter there, it's from that fic's perspective. Take the chapter where they all head into the Breezies' realm. that was how a crossover is meant to go. Sure, we saw things from the crossover character's perspective when we were focusing on him, but other than that, it was from Jason's veiw, thus it felt like another character had come into HIS story, not he went into THEIR story.

I did still enjoy this story, but yeah, the majority of the crossovers weren't as fun for me as they could've been due to it feeling like the crossover wasn't with your story, but that your story was going into other stories. Just a word of advice for the next time you do a crossover.

Anyway, as i said, did enjoy this story for the most part and am kinda curious about what will come after. not as much as i'd have wanted, but still curious, none the less.

8026212
Thank you for clearing that up. :twilightsheepish:

8310160
The original Delta Guardian was deleted by the author. Doesn't exist anymore

8310574
are you planning on making a third story with Jason?

9156224
Ah I remember you and I had done a crossover with my original Ben 10 story the ultimate surprise. Well I've rebooted it and was wondering if you'd like to do another

9157291
We'll talk about it

Login or register to comment