• Published 1st Feb 2015
  • 4,153 Views, 141 Comments

The Clock Is Ticking - PresentPerfect



Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie want to have a baby. But when Twilight casts a sex-change spell on Rainbow, will a week be enough time for them to do the deed?

  • ...
32
 141
 4,153

Still Day 6

The Clock Is Ticking
by Present Perfect

Still Day 6

The loft of Sugarcube Corner filled with the heady haze of lust as Rainbow Blitz carried his bride across the threshold and into her room for the second time. They gazed at each other with tense, loving anticipation, their skin hot and sensitive. He laid her gently on the bed and wiped the frosting from her brow, smiling down at her.

"I love you, Pinkie Pie."

She smiled back up at him. "I love you too, Rainbow... Dash." She sighed and rose petals rained from the ceiling. The lights dimmed and candles flickered to life around the room. Somewhere, romantic music began to play.

"Are you ready?" Rainbow breathed, straddling his lover -- his soulmate -- and gazing longingly into her bright blue eyes.

"I've always been ready," she whispered.

She reached up and pulled him close to her, kissing him with a passion borne only of the truest of loves. Their lips connected with the heat of a thousand suns, burning in the infinite vastness of space. Of all the kisses that two ponies had ever kissed in all of kisstory, this one was at least in the top ten. The bed rolled beneath them like an ocean, its calm surface belying the raging torrents beneath. Torrents of passion. There was passion literally everywhere.

Birds flocked to the north.

Angels sang.

Baby foals got their cutie marks.

It was a drop of pure, crystalline, romantic perfection.

...Okay, so actually it went more like this:

"Finally, time to get down to it! No more interruptions!"

"Right! So, where do we start?"

"Well, let me just, uh... Uh... Huh."

"Is... is it broken?"

"What? No! Usually, it just... I mean, like right away, it always... Lemme just..."

"Try shaking it!"

"No, no! Just... give it a second!"

"Maybe it's scared?"

"It is not scared! I swear this has never been a problem before..."

"Can I take a look?"

"No! I mean yes. Just, be gentle."

"Ooh, there it goes!"

"Yes! Get ready for the train to Love Town!"

"Really? Is that the best you can do?"

"Buh..."

"I'm kidding. C'mon, I've kept you waiting for too long. All we need now is the scene break!"

"The... what?"

"Oh! There it is!"

Author's Note:

With apologies to Piers Anthony (and myself, since I already used the joke at the end of this chapter once). I hope the intense romance will make up for this chapter's shortness.

Also, I think "Birds flocked to the north" is the funniest thing I've ever written. I read that while editing and laughed so hard I couldn't breathe. What does it even mean I DON'T KNOW AND I WROTE IT