• Published 1st Feb 2015
  • 4,152 Views, 141 Comments

The Clock Is Ticking - PresentPerfect



Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie want to have a baby. But when Twilight casts a sex-change spell on Rainbow, will a week be enough time for them to do the deed?

  • ...
32
 141
 4,152

Day 2

The Clock Is Ticking
by Present Perfect

Day 2

It took Twilight an entire day to locate, decode, and prepare the spell, but once she felt ready, she called all her friends together in the library. Rainbow Dash and Pinkie had been informed of the spell's effects, but the others were still in the dark.

"Ah don't get it, Twilight," Applejack said, scratching her head. "Whattaya need all of us here for, anyway?"

"I'm casting a spell on Rainbow Dash," Twilight said. "I just want you all to see it first-hoof, so you aren't surprised by the outcome."

Applejack exchanged looks with Fluttershy and Rarity, who shrugged.

"I suppose we will just have to wait and see," said Rarity.

"Ready, Twi?" Rainbow asked, all but bouncing in place.

Twilight nodded. "Just stand there. I've got all the components at hoof. Now let me just run over them one more time to be sure..."

"C'mooooon Twilight!" Pinkie exclaimed, hopping up and down. "I wanna throw Rainbow Dash a party after you cast the spell!"

"All right! I'm ready! I'll need complete silence!" Twilight squeezed her eyes shut, and the glow of her horn suffused the room. "Three, two..."

Beams of light shot out, surrounded Rainbow Dash, and lifted her gently from the floor. The ponies had to cover their eyes, aside from Pinkie Pie, who just so happened to have produced a pair of emergency sunglasses. The glow intensified, then broke with a flash. They blinked stars out of their eyes and heard four hooves hit the floor.

"Did it work, did it work?" Pinkie asked a potted plant. "I can't see through these glasses!"

"I think so, Pinkie," said a gravelly voice. "Whoa... It really did work!"

"It did!" Twilight squealed. "Everypony, look!"

Though still a blue pegasus with rainbow mane, tail and cutie mark, Rainbow Dash had grown a few inches in height as well as bulk. Her fetlocks had grown out, and her eyebrows were more prominent, as was a very square jaw. She spread her wings experimentally and found her wingspan had likewise.

Twilight clapped her hooves together. "Rainbow Dash, you're a stallion now!"

There was a murmur of awe from the other ponies present.

"Wow, Twi, that was quite the trick!" exclaimed Applejack.

"Why Rainbow Dash, just look how handsome you are!" Rarity said, smiling. "Ohh, I'll have to break out my tuxedo patterns while there's still time!"

"Y-yes, Rainbow Dash," said Fluttershy weakly. "You're very... oh my..."

There was a noise like a bleating gloat, and Fluttershy stiffened and fell over, a small trickle of blood coming out of her nose. Applejack and Rarity gave each other a look and set about righting their friend. Pinkie bounced over to Rainbow and gave the new stallion a nuzzle.

"Wow, Rainbow Dash, you look great!"

"Thanks, Pink." Rainbow grinned, giving his hooves a shake. "Man, it's gonna take forever to get used to how my voice sounds."

"Well," said Twilight, "you've got a week. That should be more than enough time for you two to... you know." She elbowed Rainbow, grinning and waggling her eyebrows.

Rainbow fixed her with a tired gaze. "Twilight, that was dorky as hay, never do that again."

Pinkie Pie hopped in place. "This is so exciting, Rainbow Dash! I can't wait to get started!"

A chorus of muffled coughs sounded around the room.

"That's your filly name, though." Pinkie tilted her head, tapping a hoof against it. "You should have a different name while you're a boy! How about Rainbow, uhh... Rainbow, umm..."

Their friends immediately began rattling off suggestions all at once.

"Rainbow Chunk!"

"Handsome Dash!"

"Dash the Mighty?"

"How 'bout Rainbow Kicker?"

"Ooh, I know, Cloud Stomper!"

"Really, darling, Strong Dash would be most fitting."

Twilight cleared her throat and all eyes turned to her, behind a wooden lectern atop which was one of the largest books in the library. When she was certain she had everypony's attention, she lifted her head primly and said, "Spectrum Sprint."

"Ehh..." Rainbow made a face. "Honestly, girls, it's okay. I can keep my name no problem."

"But what will you tell the weather patrol?" Fluttershy asked.

"Uhh... Okay, you have a point." Rainbow moved to the lectern. "Lemme see that book, Twilight, what is it?"

"It's a thesaurus!" Twilight smiled brightly, turning the book for Rainbow to see. "You look up words and it provides lots of other words that mean almost the same thing."

"Huh." Rainbow nodded and glanced at the page, which was already on 'dash'. He scanned the entry, then his head shot up, a determined look on his face.

"Rainbow Blitz!"

There was an instant outpouring of, "Yeah!" and "That's really cool!" The ponies crowded around the lectern, stomping their hooves in approval.

Rainbow grinned at them. "And we'll just tell everypony that I'm Rainbow Dash's brother, from Cloudsdale! And that she's... off, tending to a family emergency?"

Twilight frowned. "That won't work. Why wouldn't her brother be there too?"

Rainbow's face betrayed a tiny bit of fear. "Oh, uh, how about she's... auditioning for the Wonderbolts! And I'm here to take her place on the weather team."

Rarity shook her head. "What would ponies think when Rainbow Dash returns in a week and isn't a Wonderbolt? You yourself would be heartbroken! My word, this is already getting confusing!"

"Why don'tcha just tell 'em the truth if anypony asks?" Applejack raised an eyebrow and looked intently at Rainbow, who rolled his eyes.

"Pssh, like that would work. This isn't exactly something that happens every day, AJ. Besides, I don't think our love life is really anypony else's business, you four aside. Plus, you're all assuming this'll take more than a day." He grinned. "But if it happens, we'll deal with it then, right Pinkie?"

Pinkie nodded and made a noise of agreement.

"Awesome."

Rainbow flew into the center of the room, finding himself moving far more quickly than he had anticipated. The larger wings compensated quite nicely for the added bulk, not to mention they seemed to have quite a bit more wingpower than he was used to.

"Well, Pinkie, what're we waiting for?" He swooped down and lifted Pinkie into the air. "Let's go make some babies!"

They shot out the library door, leaving a chorus of whoops, hollers, and well-wishes behind.


Pinkie found herself whisked back to Sugar Cube Corner, up the stairs, and deposited swiftly, if lovingly, onto her bed.

Rainbow Blitz -- it would be hard, getting used to that name -- hovered above her, waggling his lightning-shaped eyebrows at her and grinning. While different than the Dashie she knew and loved, on the outside anyway, she had to admit that those eyebrows were pretty cool. And maybe a little silly. With a snort, she began laughing, and Rainbow's grin faded.

"Uhh, Pinkie, what's up?"

Another snort. "I'm sorry, Dashie... I mean Blitzy!" Very hard to get used to. "I was just thinking about how your eyebrows look like celery!"

Said eyebrows knitted in the middle of Blitz's forehead. "You... wha?"

Pinkie held her sides and rolled back and forth on the bedspread. She kicked her legs and laughed until tears squeezed from her eyes. Blitz crossed his hooves, frowned, and lowered himself onto the edge of the bed.

"Pink, c'mon, gimme a break. This is weird enough as it is. I mean, you're the one who wanted this, so we should just..." He suddenly blushed. "Uh, y'know, um, do the... the deed...?"

Taking deep breaths, Pinkie calmed herself and reached up, patting Blitz on the cheek. "You're right, I'm sorry for laughing so much. I'm kinda nervous, actually, and you know how I get when I'm nervous!"

"You bake muffins," Blitz deadpanned.

"No, I mean the other times when I get nervous! I start laughing at everything because it makes me not so nervous anymore!" She scooted over, patting the left side of the bed. "C'mon, you're right, we should have some fun just to make sure everything works out all right. Plus..." She lifted herself up on one foreleg, batting her eyelashes at Rainbow and reaching up to stroke his chest. "I'd like to get to know the new you a little better."

Blitz grinned once more, his eyebrows rising enough that Pinkie had to bite her lip to keep from laughing again. She was trying, really she was. At least Blitz seemed to take the hint, spreading himself out on the bed beside her and pulling her in close.

As a mare, Rainbow Dash was about the same size as Pinkie, slighter due to her athleticism, and toned and taut where Pinkie tended to be a little more bouncy. Rainbow Blitz, on the other hoof, filled up an entire half of the bed and then some. His muscles were more pronounced, and she smiled to herself as she traced a hoof over them. She could get to like this. Leaning in, she kissed his blunted nose and giggled softly. He kissed her back playfully.

"Rawr!"

Pinkie swung up over him and kissed him again, waggling her eyebrows and eliciting a hearty chuckle from him. He stroked her mane, playing at her lips with his, when all of a sudden she felt something poke her in the tummy.

Her eyes went wide. His eyes went wide and he blushed. Her gaze traced down his neck to his chest, and then down between them. When it settled between his legs, her mouth began to distort. Her head lifted up, cheeks inflating as her eyes began to water. When Pinkie could hold it no longer, her cheeks deflated, releasing a guffaw that rolled her off the bed onto the floor. Holding her stomach, she doubled over in laughter as a rather distraught Rainbow Blitz peered down at her.

"Aww, c'mon, Pinkie... I just got this thing, I can't control what it does!"

"But it's... It's like a big noodle!" She hooted and snorted, pounding the floor with a hoof. "It's so silly!"

"Pinkie..." Blitz's cheeks reddened. "You're making me feel weird here..."

"I'm sorry!" Tears flowed freely from her eyes as Pinkie curled into a tight ball, trying to stop the laughter that was shaking her from poll to pastern. "I'm so sorry! It's too funny!"

Blitz grumbled and rolled over, flicking his wings at her. A knock sounded from the door, and the voice of Mrs. Cake came muffled into the room.

"Pinkie, is everything okay in there? We heard a lot of thumping!"

"Sorry, Mrs. Cake!" Pinkie called. "I'm... haha, I'm okay!" She took a few calming breaths, wiping her eyes with both hooves.

"Well, okay then. Hope I didn't interrupt anything!"

As the sound of hooves clomped away from the door, Blitz mumbled, "Not at all, Mrs. Cake."

Pinkie climbed to her hooves and patted Rainbow on the shoulder. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have laughed, and I feel bad about it. I just... I don't have any experience with boys, you know that, Blitzy." She kissed him on the back of the neck and he murmured something unintelligible.

"Just give me some time," she continued, "to get to know you like this. Once I'm comfy with your new you in a day or two, then we can make all the babies we could ever want!" She bit her lip, brow creasing in worry. "Does that sound good? Can you forgive me?"

Rainbow sniffed, then rolled over to face her and gave her a wan smile. "I've been a colt for less than an hour and I'm already self-conscious about my... stuff." He rolled his eyes. "Yeah, I forgive you. This whole thing is kind of weird." He scooted across the bed, rucking up the covers, and patted the coverlet.

"You're right. Let's take it slow. I mean, we've got all week, and I've got that cover story for going to work. I'm sure we'll have plenty to time to make babies." He was finally able to muster a grin and she slid in next to him, spooning up against his chest. "I'll try not to poke you again."

Pinkie smiled, closing her eyes. "And I'll try not to laugh if you do. Love you, Blitzy."

He nuzzled her mane. "I love ya too, Pinkster."

Author's Note:

The name and design of Rainbow Blitz are ripped lovingly off from Trotsworth.