• Published 31st Jan 2015
  • 4,734 Views, 183 Comments

The Other Sunset Shimmer - Jerec the Ascendant



The story is that the EG Sunset Shimmer is pushed into Equestria by Pony Sunset Shimmer who replaces her. On Hiatus due to popular demand.

  • ...
22
 183
 4,734

Discovery

Sunset Shimmer awoke from a pleasant dream and stretched her hooves over her head. Her body curved and straightened, and then it pressed against something small - something that shouldn’t have been there. Her other self - her figment of a depressed and tired mind - slept beside her.

She slowly sat up, keeping her eyes on the figment. Its tiny eyelids fluttered open as Sunset watched, and sleepily, it rubbed its eyes and sat up. Then it saw Sunset and scrambled to its knees, crawling to the edge of the bed, clearly wide awake.

“Not so fast,” Sunset said, catching the figment in her aura and lifted her over to her. She turned it over, examining its disheveled hair and wrinkled skirt. “You’re real? But that’s impossible…” Sunset straightened the figment out and looked in her eyes. “What are you?”

"How can you still see me?” it squealed back. Its eyes darted back and forth before a smirk appeared on her lips. “Well, thanks for keeping me warm last night. Now goodbye!”

The figment closed its eyes, its smirk growing. Sunset stared, confused. Soon its eyes opened again, and it quivered under Sunset’s gaze.

“Was something supposed to happen?” she asked.

The figment squeaked. "I'm not invisible? You shouldn’t be able to see me! I don’t want you to see me!"

"Look, you want me to let you go, fine, but first I want to know what you are and why you’ve been tormenting me!"

The little creature looked up at her and snarled. "No!"

Sunset relaxed; she was in control here, and she’d get her answers one way or another. "Well then, I guess I haven’t gotten my full payback yet. Tell me, did you cause my nightmares too?”

The figment repeated itself, but far more quietly. “No?”

"I'm sorry, that didn't sound genuine,” Sunset said, a giggle escaping. “I guess you just don’t remember. Maybe this will remind you!" She opened her mouth wide and slowly levitated the creature toward it.

"NO! PLEASE! I'M SORRY! I'M SORRY!" it cried, struggling futilely against her magic.

"Then tell me!"

"Please...I can’t,” the creature said, looking away from Sunset’s teeth.

She looked down at it for a few quiet seconds. "Then I'm sorry too."

Her mouth opened wide again and she continued moving the creature toward it. Her tongue flicked around, awaiting the meal. In truth, however, Sunset was not looking forward to this, and hoped the creature would buy her bluff before any of its matted hair touched her tongue.

Sunset was relieved when it finally called out, less than an inch from her teeth. "Alright! I'll tell you! Please! No more!" The creature started to cry, and Sunset put it down gently. Then, right in front of her, it changed.

Her body glowed bright, and seemed to break into shards of light which drifted off the creature’s body. Underneath stood an even smaller humanoid figure, with dark red skin and pointed ears. Her pupiless eyes shown a vibrant green, and from her shoulder blades sprouted a pair of elegant dragonfly wings. She wore a simple blue dress that shimmered slightly.

Tears still rolled down her cheeks. "I'm a sprite. My kind is native to Equestria."

"Okay, so why the torment?" Sunset tried to keep up the bad cop routine, but she struggled against the delicate beauty of the creature before her.

The sprite flinched. "My kind feeds on negative emotion. We’re drawn to it; we feed off it, draw strength, and grow. I came here years ago, drawn by the emotions of the princess. Then you came along, with even stronger emotions, and I just couldn't resist.” The sprite licked its lips. “I tried to stop myself from going too far...but the power, the taste...it was all too good to pass up.”

"So how far were you going to go?" Sunset gowled.

The sprite looked away. "Eventually...well, the nightmares were kind of a hint. Then you would have always been with me, with your emotions - so real and powerful.” It glanced at Sunset and was met by glaring eyes. “But you would’ve been safe inside me! I mean, besides the overwhelming psychological damage.” Sunset picked the sprite up by a wing. “No, please! I’m sorry!”

"But I should return the favor," Sunset responded coldly.

"You wouldn't eat another intelligent creature,” the sprite said, trying to laugh.

"I dunno, vengeance sounds pretty tasty right now." Sunset licked her lips to add a bit of menace.

"Y-you're a nice girl," the sprite sobbed.

"Not as nice as you think."

The sprite covered its eyes. "Please don't! Please, I didn't mean too, I-"

Sunset giggled. "Relax, I'm not going to hurt you.” She set the sprite down on her hoof. “So, what's your name?"

The sprite stared at her for a few silent seconds, and Sunset feared that she broke its little mind. But then the creature dropped to its knees and began kissing her hoof. "Oh thank you!” It spoke between kisses. “I'm Sylri. I'm sorry for what I did."

Sunset smiled. “Well, I guess you at least helped me with my magic. We are definitely going to make sure a certain princess knows about you now, my new little friend."

Sylri gulped before being snatched up in Sunset’s magic.

---

"Now she doesn't seem hardly as bad,” Sunset said. “And according to her, sprites have this magic that allows them to be seen only when they want to, but hers is going wrong somehow.”

"Every pony in the hall saw me!" Sylri squeaked, hiding ineffectively behind her wings.

Celestia looked between the two of them. "Well, I’m glad that you've found a new friend. But I think you should probably explain all this again."

Author's Note:

Anyone willing to do chapter art for either of my stories? Anyone?