• Published 27th Jan 2015
  • 912 Views, 6 Comments

MLP origin of spike - joeyrock76



When Spike is troubled from his past. A mysterious relative warns Spike of a slumbering evil. Spike now has a mission. To search out his time immemorial , find what has been taken, and defend Equestria from an awakening Evil . can he handle the truth

  • ...
2
 6
 912

Ch1:The Birthday Breakfast Special

OPENING THEME STORY: MLP:FiM Love Conquers All (Extended Orchestral Version) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ViDPWCcwmg

Chapter 1

The Birthday Breakfast Special

In the meadow field of Ponyville, not far from here was a purple dragon laying in the grassy fields sleeping. As he awoke, he heard the sound of a strong blowing wind. He sat up, and looked around at his surroundings. Ponies, who he knew, and loved for the past many years surrounded him. They began to leave, and Spike stood up, and followed after them. For some period of time, he made it to a hill side, and surveyed the open valley. He saw his hometown Ponyville. He looked upon its beauty, and smiled, but after he smiled, it was then replaced with a frown.

Radiarc – Battlegrounds: watch?v=UKYoObuTp3s

He saw a role of black clouds beginning to forming around Ponyville, and he was shocked to see that those black clouds had reached to the ground as well. He could not see his home anymore. He turned to his friends, but to his surprise, had vanished. He looked back to his hometown as the fog began to clear. He was awestricken to see that his home was destroyed. Pieces of wooden homes where scattered, chunks of brick were on trees, and rubble was strewn everywhere. The area was in complete destruction. He again felt a strong wind blow from behind him. Slowly he turned around, and found most of what was left of personal belongings like: toys, books, and furniture. He looked at it all, and could not look away. He was alone in this nightmare, and behind him darkness came. Spike ran but it was getting closer and closer. Surrounding every part of him to where he could not see until he screamed.

Spike wakes up to the calling of Twilight. "Spike! We're going to be late."

Spike took a deep breath as he slowly arose up from his bed. He placed his hand on his heart realizing that it was beating quite quickly. "I'm coming!" Spike called back. He climbed out of bed, and got dressed. "(Sight)…Sixteen..." Spike expressed to himself while looking at his reflection in the mirror.

"Spike? Let's go." Twilight called again.

"Coming!" Spike responded as he dashed down the stairs into the main hall.

They both walked out the door. "Are you excited?" Twilight asked with great cheer.

"Ya." Spike responded non-enthusiastically.

"What's wrong?"

"Umm…Still tired."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes I'm fine Twilight." Twilight stopped Spike in his tracks, and checked every inch of his face for a fever.

"Hmmm…" Twilight expressed. "Are you sure you are not sick?"

"Yes! I am fine Twilight. I'm not a baby anymore." Spike yelled as he waved his hands around his face spastically; shewing away Twilight's hooves from his face.

"Okay." Twilight said with concern eyes.

Twilight, and Spike made a stop by Pinkie Pie's bakery, The Sugarcube Corner, for a delicious, freshly, baked breakfast. The little entrance bell rang as Twilight opened the door.

"Hello everypony! Welcome to the Sugarcube Corner. What would you like today?" Pinkie recited excitedly. "Oh! It's you Twilight. Oh! And you too Spike." Spike smiled sheepishly. "So what can I get you today?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"Don't you remember what today is Pinkie?" asked Twilight.

"Oo, oo, oo! I love guessing games. Is it Ground-dogs Day?"

"No." Twilight responded.

"Is it Equestria Day?"

"No."

"Is it…The Pony Fall Festival?"

"It's summer Pinkie…"

"Oh, well….is it….Ponyville's one thousand three hundred fifty eighth Anniversary?" "Pinkie!"

"(Gasp) how could I forget?" Pinkie pulls out her Party Cannon, then jumps on top of the top of the counter screaming on the top of her lungs while firing the cannon, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY SPIKE!" When the cannon was fired it was unintendedly pointed directly at Spike's face. Spike the spat all the confetti out of his mouth.

"Umm…Thanks Pinkie Pie." Spike said while scratching the back of his head. Twilight gave a disgusted face toward Pinkie Pie for even pulling out the cannon out in the first place.

"Sorry." Pinkie apologized. "So, the birthday breakfast special I presume?" As Pinkie put the cannon back.

"Yes, two please." Twilight ordered.

"Coming right up. Please take a seat anywhere." Spike and Twilight found a table alongside the bakery's front window.

"Spike, something is bothering you. Would you mind telling me what the matter is?" Spike only folded his arms on the table, and laid his chin on top of his arms. "Spike. If there is something wrong; I want to help. Especially on your birthday."

"I don't know Twilight. I may have just laid on the wrong side of the bed, or something. Maybe I am just be having one of those days." Spike explained.

"Hmmm…" Twilight speculated. "Perhaps, it is just puberty. Like any teenager would have."

"Maybe." Spike suggested.

Pinkie Pie brought their breakfast from the kitchen to the table in a quick, pink, streak of lightning. "Here ya go." Pinkie announced. "Some yummy, strawberries Strudel. Chocolate, glazed donut with party sprinkles and cream filling. Two blueberry pancakes with Maple Syrup. Milk, party hats, and streamers!" Pinkie shouted while jumping up and down, with the spring sound effect that nobody still does not know where it comes from, since Pinkie Pie is not wearing any springs at all.

Twilight's eyes looked up noticing the party hat on top of her head. "Thanks again Pinkie." Twilight said

"You're welcome!" Pinkie responded with a big smile. Pinkie Pie hopped off back to the counter to continue taking care of business.

Spike seemed to have cheered up when the food was delivered. He ignored the party hat on top of his head that to his opinion would be embarrassing to wear, but the food needed the bigger attention. The entrance bell rang again, and in walked AppleJack. "Hello everypony! Welcome to the Sugarcube Corner. What would you like today?" Pinkie recited again.

"Yes Pinkie, I would like to pick up a pre-order for…" Applejack stopped and turned to the table Twilight and Spike were sitting at. "Spike!?" Applejack shouted in surprise.

"You want to pick up a pre-order for Spike?" Repeated Pinkie Pie perplexedly.

"No, sorry Pinkie. Just hold up on that order. I'll get back with ya." Apologized Applejack.

"Okie dokie arta chokie…(cough)" Replied Pinkie Pie.

"Spike, Twilight, what are ya'll doing here?" Asked Applejack.

"Having breakfast." Replied Twilight.

"Really? Here? I thought so. Should I recall…that it's somebodies special day." Applejack hinted. Spike stopped eating to look up at Applejack. "Happy Birthday Spike!" Applejack cried cheerfully.

"Thanks Applejack." Replied Spike.

Applejack then turned back to Twilight. "So Twilight, are ya'll going to be meeting us at the, (mehem), place for lunch?"

Twilight gave a little giggle. "Yes, we will." She said. Spike was confused as to the secrets. So he gave them eyes of suspicion, then turned back to eating.

"Aaaaahhhh!" Pinkie screamed.

"What!?" Twilight, Spike, and Applejack all collectively shouted.

"My tail. It's twitch, twitch twitching!" Applejack gasped, and Twilight hid under the table, while Spike was choking on a mouthful of pancakes. When Spike recovered from his mishap; they all waited, but nothing seemed to happen over the awkward silence. Pinkie Pie surveyed the room from her counter in search for the anomaly, but turned her head back to the twitching tail of hers.

"Uuummm…?" Expressed Applejack, but then they could hear a faint yelling gradually getting louder.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!" (Boom)! Everypony turned to see through the front window, and they all could see that Rainbow Dash had fallen out of the sky, and face planted into the ground; and for a few moments, all that everyponie did was stare.

"(Gasp)!" Went Rainbow as she raised her head from the ground, and without a second more she dashed into the bakery, and screamed, "I overslept! I'm so sorry Applejack. I meant to get the order but…"

But Applejack interrupted her. "It's okay Dash. I gotcha ya covered."

"Whew!" Expressed Rainbow Dash as a sigh of relief, as she plopped onto the floor from the rush. Everypony else also gave sighs of relief, and continued about their businesses. Rainbow Dash tries to justify herself. "I had a heart attack! I was up so late last night helping Rarity set up the decorations but I…I…"

"It's okay Dash. It is all taken care of." Explained Applejack.

"Okay…Thanks." Said Rainbow Dash.

"Helping Rarity with what?" asked Spike. "What was she working on last night?" Twilight, Applejack, and Rainbow Dash all hesitated to give an answer.

"Well! To help decorate a party at princess Celestia's castle ball room of course." The three girls all stared at Pinkie Pie as if she had said something unbelievably crazy.

"Oh. Celestia is having a party, and Rarity volunteered to help decorate for her?" Spike remarked.

The three all nodded their heads in agreement saying, "Yes."

"Okay." punctually replied Spike, and he returned to finishing his breakfast. Twilight, Applejack, and Rainbow Dash all gave sighs of relief, then all turned to Pinkie with disgusted eyes.

"What?" Pinkie asked.

Comments ( 4 )

No romance? :pinkiegasp: I'll add to read later when I leave school :pinkiesmile:

I look forward to what follows.

When's the next chapter

Login or register to comment