• Published 12th Feb 2015
  • 2,358 Views, 86 Comments

Chaos and Justice - AwkwardVoid



With Discord's keen intelligence on the Shadowbolts Inc and its members and with Fluttershy's interrogation skills and persuasion, they are determined to stop the company from spreading dark magic and find Fluttershy's father's killer or die trying.

  • ...
7
 86
 2,358

Pilot

Chapter 1- Pilot
"Oh dear, oh dear! I'm late. I'm late!"

A pegasus mare with a buttercream color coat and a pink rosy mane flew down the streets of Manehattan, frantically trying to get through the traffic and crowds. She gave many ponies words of "excuse me" and "sorry", her shy and innocent appearance making many mares and gentlecolts move aside for the tiny mare to fly on through.

She finally made it to her destination, the Manehattan Police Department, her teal eyes searching for the time clock near the desk where an orange pegasus colt with spiked up electric blue hair sat. She immediately punched in, sighing in relief that she at least made it within a minute.

"Fluttershy? Why are you-?" The colt started, yet was interrupted when the mare started to speak.

"Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry I'm late, Flash. I had to make my roommate lunch for her to take to her classes, then go over to the hospital, then take a trip to the grocery store to pick up food for our pets, and then-"

"Flutters, you know you're always early to work, so I don't know what you're so worked up about", Flash finished.

"Oh", Fluttershy blinked and blushed in embarrassment, hiding behind her long pink curls, "right. Sorry."

Flash chuckled, seeing the action caused by the mare in front of her.

Fluttershy started going through the door leading to the offices, yet just as he was about to turn the knob, Flash called her once more.

"Wait Flutters. Before you go, can you give this to Twilight? I wanted to give it to her earlier, but I didn't want to bother her while she was working."

His face turned a deep crimson, Fluttershy now the one giggling at his embarrassment.

"It will be my pleasure".

She grabbed at the envelope that Flash held out in his hooves and went through the door, heading straight towards her office. She was immediately greeted by a lavender alicorn suddenly hugging her in a tight yet gentle embrace.

"Oh, Fluttershy, we've missed you sooo much! We've already solved three cases while you were on vacation to Maris. Yet it really wasn't the same without our other Chief Detective", Twilight replied gleefully.

"Aw Twi, I missed you guys as well. In fact I brought you all kinds of souvenirs for you and Rainbow. In fact where is she-"

"Rainbow is coming shortly. She's actually pulling up in a van with our latest captor. We just caught him last night actually. One of the most dangerous criminals in all of Manehattan is what I heard, but of course we'll have more information on such".

"More...information?" Fluttershy huffed a shaky breath and sat down at their office chair, gazing at the portfolio that laid on the wooden desk in front of her.

Fluttershy and Twilight were and are the youngest detectives Manehattan has had and share an office solely for themselves, and because of it, are almost like sisters. It is said that Twilight graduated college at the age of fourteen, and yet, even though she derives straight from Canterlot royalty, she still decided to go into the business of Criminal Justice and be a part-time librarian in the local public library in downtown Manehattan.

"Yes, information. Apparently he knows a little bit about the Shadowbolts Inc. then we thought. And, more specifically, I will have to interrogate him. But, if I don't persuade him enough, you're going to have to use your little "Stare" on him to speak", Twilight concludes, tapping a hoof on the portfolio.

Fluttershy opens the portfolio, showing the open case that's been sitting empty for four months. She sighed sadly, her hoof stroking a picture of a dark gray stallion with a light cyanish gray mane with lighter streaks, the caption under stating: Chief Thunderlane; Chief of the Manehattan Police Dept. 1948-1997.

"Fluttershy. This interrogation might get us one step ahead. And you know the case is open as well. I think it is fair for you to take charge of it".

Twilight solemnly looked over Fluttershy's features, feeling empathy on losing her father. It's only been four months, yet some days it's felt like years since his death, for days dragged on and on with no end. But to Fluttershy it felt like yesterday he was wrapping her in his warm hugs, making corny jokes that her mother would be annoyed to yet Fluttershy would laugh whole heartily at.

The silence filled the room, the melancholy shadow's presence looming over its victims.

Twilight wanted to say more, yet saw the tears already brimming in the yellow pegasus's teal eyes. So once the door opened to reveal a female earth pony with a pale yellow coat and raspberry colored hair with light raspberry colored streaks, Twilight sighed in relief to have a distraction.

"Ah, Roseluck. What is it that you needed?"

Roseluck didn't listen much to Twilight's question, for she was too focused on the little pegasus that solemnly looked at a picture of her father on the Pony Press newspaper article, nearly cradling the paper in her hooves. The title of the article expressed everypony's views on Chief Thunderlane's death; Tragedy in Manehattan: Beloved Chief of Police Found Dead, for once that article was out, it seemed as if hope within the city was lost.

Roseluck felt pity for the pegasus. Everyone felt pity for the young pegasus, her friends, her family, even strangers who she's never met. It was just too depressing to know that the city's one time hero was gone.

"Roseluck?"

Roseluck snapped her head towards Twilight, clearing her throat and remembering her quest to their office was.

"Ah, yes. Um, what I was going to say was that Dash, Pansy, and the others have pulled up on the curb and are bringing in the prisoner as we speak."

Fluttershy looked up at this. Twilight had mentioned that they had caught a criminal just that night, for now Fluttershy's curiosity has caught up with her and dragged her to the room that lead out from the offices and into the lobby. Many of the officers were chattering about, curious about whoever was to go through the door, some who had been at the scene last night wincing and cowering at the thought of seeing whoever was coming once again.

Soon enough, the door opened. Every stallion and mare stood in silence as the cyan pegasus Rainbow Dash and the green unicorn Pansy came through, holding chains in their hooves that lead to a shadow that stood behind them.

They tugged at the chains, the shadow grunting and stepping inside, allowing all to see the shadow's appearance. And it was all the reactions he had expected to see.

Officers gasped, standing frozen in shock and surprise by his stature. Officers shrieked and screamed, cowering in fear and hiding behind desks and chairs. Some mares even fainting at the horrid appearance.

Fluttershy was indeed shocked, yet intrigued. Never before had she seen a creature like him before. He was made of many animal parts, his features distinct and secure on his long slender body. Yet what caught her attention was his yellow eyes with the bright vibrant red pupils. They gleamed with danger, violence, and hatred. Yet none the less, he frightened her quite a bit like everypony else, but to a small extent.

She shivered once his eyes took to hers, as if she were staring into the devil's eyes themselves. He gave her a toothy smirk, winking tauntingly in her direction. His eyes raked up and down her body, Fluttershy trembling at this.

When Rainbow noticed this, she yanked the chain that was connected to the shock collar that hung on the creature's neck, urging him to follow.

He snorted and rolled his eyes in annoyance but gave in and followed the forceful mares, two stallion officers following behind with stun batons.

He disappeared behind the door past the offices leading to the small prison where they temporarily keep prisoners, letting gossip and words on the sight now run free.

Fluttershy let out the air she didn't know she was holding, looking at Twilight in bewilderment.

"That was who you caught last night?"

Twilight nodded,"Yes, he's the one. Quite the trouble though, I must say."

Fluttershy gulped at the thought of having to interrogate him. If he looked at her that way before, who wouldn't say what would happen if she had to interrogate him?

"W-who is he? W-what i-is he?" Fluttershy sputtered out.

Twilight grimly looked ahead, straight at the door they disappeared past not too long ago.

"That creature, draconequus to be exact, is Discord, one of the most dangerous and chaotic criminals in all of Manehattan."

Author's Note:

Hope you all enjoyed!
The chapter was more of a background thing, but now you have one of our main protagonists introduced!:yay:
So yeah, hope you enjoyed and will try to update as soon as I can. :twilightsmile: