• Published 27th Jan 2015
  • 9,924 Views, 1,637 Comments

The Dazzlings Are Insane - Justice3442



A collection of short stories about the Dazzlings going through their daily lives of annoying each other and pretty much everyone around them.

  • ...
33
 1,637
 9,924

PreviousChapters Next
In Which Aria and Sonata are Kinda Mean! WHEN WILL THE MADNESS END?!

Adagio Dazzle excitedly threw open the front door to the Dazzlings’ home and stepped inside. She still wore her ‘professional’ outfit, though another button on her blouse was undone exposing her cleavage and a lacy purple bra underneath. Additionally, her hair was now a bit more tousled then it had been earlier in the day and her tights were uneven on her thighs. She could hear the sounds of digital gunfire and explosions coming from the living room, the tell-tale sign that Aria was currently engaged in online warfare.

Adagio quickly made her way through the entryway and into the living room where Aria sat on the edge of the girls’ purple couch holding a controller and wearing a black headset with a microphone in front of her mouth as she stared intently at a large flat-screen TV. Sonata sat in a nearby purple easy chair, a laptop on her lap as she looked at the screen with a smile on her face.

Adagio walked right in front of the TV, an act Aria protested with an irritated look on her face as she attempted to look around Adagio and continue to rapidly press buttons on the controller in her hand.

“I have exciting news!” Adagio exclaimed.

“Don’t care! Move!” Aria said irritably.

Sonata looked up from her screen with mild interest.

Adagio fulfilled Aria’s request of ‘move’ by stepping back closer to the TV and flinging up her mass of curly hair, allowing it to cover the screen as much as possible.

Aria let out an irritated growl as an explosion rocked out from the speakers followed by a loud masculine death rattle. “Dagi! Can this wait?! You’re making us lose the battle against fascist communists or whatever! I’m fighting for freedom over here!”

“Oh, just pause it!” Adagio exclaimed.

Aria focused her irritated gaze on Adagio. “Wow, you really don’t know anything, do you?”

Adagio rolled her eyes. “I’m not wasting my precious brain cells on how video games work. My brain has way more important things to concentrate on.” Adagio motioned to herself with a smile. “Such as the important task it’s going to be tasked with starting next week!”

“Oh! An important task!” Sonata piped up. She leaned forward in excitement as she fired off a few guesses. “Did you get charged with an important quest by a wizard?! Or… or an important quest by a Count? Duke?! Prince?! Princess?! King! QUEEN?!”

Adagio shot Sonata a slightly vexed glance. “No.”

“Oh…” Sonata leaned back with a slightly disappointed look on her face. “Then what’s the big deal?!”

“I’m trying to explain that!” Adagio said as she threw out her hands in irritation.

Aria grumbled to herself. “Can you try explaining later? Or not at all? Maybe I haven’t been explicitly clear here, but I don’t care!” Aria winced and sneered at her headset and glared up at it. “Give me a bit! My dumb roommate won’t leave me alone because she has something stupid to tell me!” Aria paused as she wrinkled her brow and continued to look up at her headset. “… Not as hot as your mom was last night, looser!” she said. Aria lowered her eyebrows and stared at Adagio. “She’s wearing… Like… this business lady outfit, except it and she are a mess like she just fooled around with someone.” Aria scrunched up her forehead in irritation. “What?! I’m not taking a picture, jerk-wad! My phone is, like, all the way across the room!”

Adagio glared at Aria. “Can you forget your stupid game for a minute so we can all discuss what happened to me?!”

Sonata put on a thoughtful expression then smiled. “Scientist discovered a new species of squirrel that only lives in your hair!” she said pointing at Adagio’s hair.

“What?!” Adagio exclaimed. “No! My hair is not—!”

Aria interrupted. “You’ve decided to trial test a new pill that will let you achieve your dream of sleeping all the time.”

Adagio thought on this for a moment. “Well… that would be pretty great, but—”

Sonata piped up. “Your hair has gained Senshi-Ents and now has a will of its own and also a team of magical tree people that fight evil with magic while wearing tight-fitting clothes and skirts.”

“I… WHAT?! How did you even—?”

Aria smirked. “You’ve joined a nunnery and taken a vow of celibacy.”

Adagio’s face contorted in confusion and irritation. “NEVER!” she declared.

Sonata grinned widely. “Your hair decided to devour one of your enemies and now we have a weapon to fight back against all who would stand against us!” she said as she thrust a first into the air.

Aria turned to Sonata and raised an eyebrow. “What is it with you and Adagio’s hair?”

Sonata shrugged. “It’s just so poofy and there’s so much of it! Who knows what secrets it contains?!”

Aria narrowed her eyes. “Well, currently it contains the secrets of what’s happening with the TV.”

Adagio sighed heavily and lowered her hair. “I can’t believe you two are so unbelievably stupid you can’t even figure this out from context clues…”

Aria rolled her eyes. “What, that you sleezed your way into getting a job? Yeah, any idiot could have figured that out from what you were wearing.”

Oooooooooh….” Sonata replied. “So that’s why she’s dressed like that! I thought she had just gone a few weeks without doing laundry or something.”

Adagio looked down at what she was wearing. “… You thought I ran out of clean ‘rocker clothes’ and resorted to dressing up to do laundry?”

Sonata shrugged. “I figured you’d worn all your see-through pajamas, too… You do wear those a lot, too!”

Aria pursed her lips slightly. “Well… Guess Sonata isn’t just ‘any’ idiot.”

Sonata grinned widely. “I’m special!”

Aria shook her head. “That is one word that would describe it…”

Adagio grimaced slightly. “Okay, so if you knew what my news was why aren’t you more excited?!”

Aria gave Adagio a bemused look. “‘Cause the jobs you get are always stupid and you give up them after a few days of doing them so there’s no point?”

Sonata giggled. “Yeah! How times do you just end up working at schools?!”

Aria shook her head. “Elementary school subs… High school gym teacher subs… It’s too bad no one will pay you to permanently scar children and teenagers!”

Adagio dropped her eyelids slightly. “Okay, but this time—”

Sonata smiled. “Oh I bet it’s a fast-food place again!”

Aria chuckled. “That’ll be a job that’s lucky to last a day!”

Sonata suddenly inhaled, a dreamy look coming over her face. “But I do like it when you get a job at Taco Hut! Your hair smells sooooo good when you get back from work!”

Adagio groaned. “Look, I know I don’t typically land ‘good’ jobs doing this, but this time is different!”

Aria laughed. “Speaking of fast-food places, remember when she got a job as a fast-food mascot?”

“Haha! Oh yeah! That was the best… for me, specifically! So many birthdays we got to go!”

Aria smirked. “Maybe it’s slightly different this time, like a sports mascot!”

Oooooo!” Sonata said excitedly. “I bet we’ll get free hotdogs!”

“Ugggggh!” Adagio exclaimed. “You two are hopeless!” she cried as she stormed off.

“Let me know when we get our free tickets to an exciting game of sports ball!” Aria called sarcastically after Adagio. She looked at the TV and began hitting buttons on her controller. “Man, talk about a waste of time…”

Sonata giggled. “I know right!” Sonata looked back at her screen and pressed a button on her keyboard. She gasped and let out a sound of girlish delight. “Aria! I just found a video of a cat trying to fit in a drink carrier! You’ve got to watch this!”

Author's Note:

Thanks to many of the commentators last chapter for some previous job ideas Adagio had. Specifically, RazDelacroix, Seether00, HighRollerHydra, and https://www.fimfiction.net/user/Telaros.

Also thanks to Tired Old Man, who continued to preread and correct this madness.

PreviousChapters Next