• Published 27th Jan 2015
  • 703 Views, 9 Comments

Liberation - SoManyPuns



AU Twilight rescues escapee Rainbow Dash from a would-be pegasus tamer. Now they must save Fluttershy from the same horror.

  • ...
0
 9
 703

The Sun and Moon

Author's Note:

There’s a bunch of notes for this chapter, so brace yourselves. Firstly I would like to thank everyone who has viewed, commented, bookmarked... Basically anyone who had any sort of interaction with this story!

Secondly I would like to apologize for the unplanned hiatus . I sorta jumped the gun on this one, instead of waiting and planning out the entire story, I got a vague idea of where it was gonna go and ran with it. The first three chapters have basically been me running amok with Discord-level chaos just doing whatever caught my fancy. :facehoof:And then my computer was for some reason trying to feed me through a proxy server, and, seeing as I don't have a proxy server I couldn't go anywhere.
But now I have everything planned and such so the chapters should flow better and be more cohesive as a whole. There may even be edits or even full overhauls to the original three chapters if I think they need it.

But now that all of that is out of the way, updates should pick up, hopefully.

Celestia and her sister walked in unison to the balcony, a sense of ceremony resonating in the air between them. The honor guard stood silently by the double doors, staring resolutely ahead. As the sisters exited the halls and stepped into the clear night air both white furred guards dipped their heads in unison. Luna and Celestia returned the gesture in equal silence and then turned their attention to the sky.
The royal sisters turned to face one another, Celestia facing east and Luna west. They crossed their horns and each accessed their massive stores of magic. Horns glowing they raised the sun and lowered the moon respectively. When the sun and moon were equal on the horizon they paused and for a moment stood in quiet stillness as their elements were for an instant, in harmony. Then the sun continued its ascent and the moon took refuge behind the world.
Their horns faded and the sisters stepped away from each other. Celestia allowed a small benevolent smile to grace her features, Luna returned the gesture and they vacated the balcony. It was time for breakfast.
An interruption came in the middle of the morning meal. A curl of green mist appeared over the table and reformed itself into a roll of parchment. A letter. Celestia levitated the paper to herself, unrolling it.
“Who is it from?” Luna asked curiously, leaning over to look at the page as well. Celestia shifted to allow her sister a better angle.
“Twilight.” The sun princess answered, mildly surprised. Though she received daily letters from her pupil, they usually came in the evening. Regardless, she began reading.

Dear Princess Celestia,
I have a situation that desperately needs your attention. This morning I rather abruptly aquired a unique guest, a pegasus named Rainbow Dash. She is on the run from a mare calling herself 'Trixie' who claims to tame pegasi.
Awaiting your swift reply,
Twilight.

The two princesses exchanged a glance, mutual emotion passing through both of them in tandem. This does not bode well


Comments ( 4 )

I hope this continues. I'd like to see where this goes.

Nice to see this isn't dead. Hopefully it will continue in its interesting direction.

Yay, it updated~!

This is such a good story! Makes me kinda sad it’s not continuing, but it’s worth the read. It’s a really creative idea too.:pinkiesmile:

Login or register to comment