• Published 27th Jan 2015
  • 9,842 Views, 96 Comments

I Found Love: Discord and Twilight - MLP Fangirl



Shortly after Twilight stood up for him, Discord found something he could only ever dream of having. Who knows? Perhaps she'll return the feelings.

  • ...
19
 96
 9,842

What is This Feeling?

Twilight had been spending a lot of time with Discord these past few days. Whether it be with her friends or just the two of them. During that time, Twilight couldn't help but see something...different in Discord.

He wasn't being annoying, he wasn't messing with her, and when he did, he always would stay in the limits. Twilight could tell that Discord had definitely changed since that day.

But besides that obvious factor, Twilight began to feel something. She couldn't identify it, but whenever she was around Discord, she was happy. This happiness, however, felt different to the happiness she felt around her friends. She didn't know what to call it.

The mischievous spirit must have been rubbing off on her. She began to see chaos magic differently. She couldn't execute it without causing damage, but the entropy of that Element of Order intrigued her.

Order is comprised of two elements: Harmony and Chaos. One cannot exist without the other. During her time with Discord, Twilight began to realize that it was true.

Whenever Discord was around, she would feel off, but in a good way. She wanted to find out what it was that was causing her to feel this way. And who better to go to for advice than your closest friends?

The girls were having lunch at Fine Dining, the classiest restaurant in Ponyville. It wasn't often that they went out to eat. It was Rarity's suggestion, and none of them disagreed with it. This place was rated five-out-of-five-stars. They also were given a rather nice discount due to them being relatively famous. Twilight insisted that they pay the normal price, but the manager wouldn't allow it. So, they made due with the 40% discount.

Rarity levitated a breadstick into her mouth and daintily wiped her mouth with her napkin. "So, ladies, what's new?"

Rainbow took a sip of her cola before responding, "Ah, that hits the spot. New you ask? I'll tell you what's new. I just got a letter in the mail from the Wonderbolts! You already know that I made it into the Reserves, right?"

They all nodded.

"Well, one of their members sprained their wings. So, they asked me to sub for them. Can you believe it?!" Rainbow's eyes were bright and full of joy.

"Wow, Rainbow Dash, that's fantastic!" Twilight placed a hoof on Rainbow's forearm.

"Soooo, does this mean your Wonderbolt now?" Pinkie asked. Rainbow was about to answer before Pinkie interrupted. "Because if you are, that means you'll have to perform every single day. And if you perform every single day, you'll never have time for us. And if you never have time for us, we'll all be sad. And if we're all sad, we--"

"Pinkie! I am not a Wonderbolt. Well, yet anyway. But, even if I were, I'd make sure I found time for you guys. I wouldn't join if I couldn't," Rainbow elbowed Pinkie.

"Well, we're all very happy for you, Rainbow. What about the rest of you? Has something come up in your life that you would like to share?" Rarity glanced at all of them before taking a bite from her salad.

Applejack raised an eyebrow. "Are you implyin' somethin'?"

Rarity put down her fork. "I'm not implying anything. Is it wrong to want to know how my friends are doing?"

Fluttershy took a drink from her water. "Well, I don't think we would want to share secret things. Unless, you're okay with it, in which case, feel free."

Twilight thought back to her strange feelings. She figured now would be a good a time as any to get some clarification on the subject.

"Well, there's something that's been bothering me lately," her friends immediately turned to her. She slumped down a little as they were staring at her.

"Oh my, are you okay?" Fluttershy asked, concern in her voice.

"I'm fine. Really. It's nothing major. But, I've been feeling...weird lately. I don't understand it," Twilight's eyebrows furrowed.

"Well, what kind of feelin' is it?" Applejack asked, sipping her apple cider.

"Are you sick? Do we need to get Nurse Redheart to give you a checkup?" Pinkie began examining Twilight very closely.

"Not exactly," Twilight pushed Pinkie away with her magic.

"Can you give us a description of what it is?" Rarity asked, finishing the last of her salad.

Twilight sipped the last of her lemonade and pushed the glass away. "Well, it's like..." She sighed. "That's the problem. I don't know how to describe it."

Rarity put a hoof to her chin. "Hmm. You know what? We'll discuss the rest of this outside. By the empty plates, I'm assuming we're all done?" The group gave collective nods.

"Well, I'll go up and pay. Fluttershy, can you come up with me?" Rarity turned to the Pegasus.

"Oh, uh, sure. I don't have much, though." She gestured to her yellow satchel.

"That's fine. We'll meet the rest of you outside." With that, the others headed for the exit.

The group began to head towards Twilight's castle. It was all the way across town, so it would take them a few minutes to get there. That would give them plenty of time to talk.

Rarity walked next to Twilight, "So, let's see if we can figure it out. What kind of feeling is it? Is it happy or sad?"

Twilight bit her lip, "It's more on the happy but weird side. I'm okay with it, but at the same time, I'm indifferent with it. Does that make sense?"

"So, you both like and dislike it. I guess that makes sense. Then again, I'm not a psychiatrist, so I wouldn't know," Rainbow shrugged her shoulders.

"Do you feel it often?" Fluttershy asked, stepping over a rock on the street.

"Well..." Twilight rubbed her neck sheepishly. "To be honest, the only time I feel it is when I'm around..." She mumbled the last word incoherently.

"What was that, hon?" Applejack strained her ear.

"You need to speak up, darling," Rarity moved closer to Twilight.

Twilight sighed, "Well, I feel it whenever I'm around Discord."

They all stopped. Silence reigned supreme for a few minutes. Twilight suddenly felt awkward.

Rarity cleared her throat, "Well, that is...uh?"

"Why don't we discuss this inside? We're here anyway," Applejack suggested, still unsure of what to make of Twilight's previous comment.

In agreement, the girls entered the crystalline castle.

They all settled down in Twilight's lounge. Cushions and chairs held them comfortably. Spike was sitting comfortably next to Twilight, munching quietly on a gemstone. Rarity fluffed up her cushion a bit before sitting down.

"Now then, Twilight, please forgive me if I'm wrong, but did you mention Discord? As in that's when you get these feelings?" Rarity looked towards the purple alicorn.

Spike began choking on his gem. He spit it out causing Twilight to flinch away. "Whoa, hang on. What did I miss? Twilight's not telling me anything." He shot an annoyed glance at the young Princess.

Twilight gave him a sheepish smile. "It's nothing to worry about. I'd just like to know what I'm feeling."

Rainbow hovered gently in the air, her hoof to her face. "You could be annoyed by him. I mean, he is known for causing mischief."

"Now, Rainbow, Discord has been doing his best to get along with everypony. He's not causing any mischief. He's changed. You should now this by now," Fluttershy scolded Rainbow Dash in a gentle but firm tone.

"Yah, and besides, Discord is a lot of fun. His chaos isn't bad if he's not using it to torment ponies. Like the chocolate milk! Who doesn't like chocolate milk? I love chocolate milk!" Pinkie smacked her mouth with her tongue at the thought of the delicious beverage.

Applejack rolled her eyes, "I never would've believed it." Deadpan obvious in her voice.

Rarity cleared her throat, "We're getting off track. Back to the subject at hoof. What have you been doing with Discord?"

Twilight began telling them about the days they spent together from the days in the anti-harmonic chamber to the day in Canterlot. From what she was telling them, she and Discord had been getting a good amount of bonding time in. The listening ponies shared knowing looks.

From Twilight's description, it was pretty obvious what the mare was feeling.

"Well, Twilight, " Rarity had a small smirk on her face. "I believe we have the answer to your feelings."

Twilight's ears perked up. "You do? Great. So, what's the story?"

Applejack came over and patted Twilight's shoulder, chuckling slightly. "For a smart pony like you, you can be so naïve sometimes."

Twilight shot her a questioning look. "What's that supposed to mean?"

Rainbow came down and landed on the ground, "Egghead, you really need to get out more."

Twilight's eyes narrowed. "I'm not getting an answer. Apparently it's a subject that I'm oblivious to. What is it for Celestia's sake?!"

Pinkie laughed. "Your feelings, silly, are just that. Feelings!"

Twilight facehoofed, "I kind of got that, Pinkie. Somepony please start making sense!"

Spike scratched his head, "So, does Twilight feel sorry for Discord?"

Twilight put a hoof to her face, "I don't think that's it."

Everypony groaned. "Do I have to spell it out for you? Twilight, according to what you said, I believe that..." Rarity walked over to Twilight.

"You. have. feelings. for. Discord."

Twilight's brain registered this and immediately Twilight reacted. She jumped off her seat, backing away from her friends. "Whoa, whoa, whoa! You're not suggesting what I think you're suggesting, are you?"

"You can't argue with the evidence, Twi. The proof's all there," Rainbow gave her a sly look.

"I don't have feelings for Discord!" Twilight tried to defend herself.

"Well, what would you call it?" Fluttershy asked, stepping into the conversation.

"Well, I--"

"Twilight likes Discord? Since when?" Spike was unable to believe it.

"I don't! Not in the way you're implying," Twilight insisted.

"Keep telling yourself that, Twi. Your mouth may be saying, 'no.' But, deep down, you want to say, 'yes.'" Pinkie winked.

Twilight groaned, "Girls, you've got it all wrong. I like Discord. But, I don't like him like him."

They all exchanged glances. "Let's test that, shall we?" Rarity levitated Twilight over to the couch and laid her down on it, as if she were being seen by a psychiatrist.

"Rarity, what are you--?" A hoof was pushed to her mouth.

"We are going to ask you questions. And I want you to answer truthfully. We won't think of you as any less. We promise," Rarity gestured to the others who were Pinkie Swearing.

"What kind of questions?" Twilight asked with a wary look.

"First up, what do you feel around him?" Rarity asked, ignoring Twilight's previous inquiry.

"Remember, Twi, honesty is the best policy," Applejack winked.

Twilight rolled her eyes and sighed, "Fine. I feel...happy. It's kind of hard not to around the guy. He's been showing me that chaos, when it's being kept under control, isn't that bad. I know what he does goes against everything I live for, but order can't exist without both elements. So, he's broadened my horizons, I guess."

Rarity looked towards the others with a questionable smile. Pinkie giggled and raised her hoof, "My turn! My turn!" She trotted over to Twilight and stared at her. Pinkie was staring at her very intently, making it hard for Twilight to maintain contact.

"Uh..."

"You've got a piece of hay in your mane, " Pinkie said in a completely serious tone (well, serious for her).

Twilight looked quizzically to the side of her face and grabbed the piece with her hoof. "Uh, good observation, Pinkie."

"Thanks! Now, for my question. What do you feel when you're around him?"

"Didn't she just--"

"Not emotionally. I'm talking physically," Twilight gave a confused look. "Like...do you have butterflies in your stomach? Does it feel warm when you're around him? Do you sweat?"

Twilight bit her lower lip, "I, well, maybe the second one. Only a little though. I just figured it was the warm weather. It has been in the upper seventies lately."

They all laughed. Spike was still oblivious to what they were talking about. But, what do you expect from a baby dragon?

"Seriously, Twi. Do you know nothing about romance? I'm not an expert, but even I know the basics," Rainbow shook her head while smirking.

Twilight rubbed her eyes with her hooves. She certainly did not envision this part of the day. But, perhaps they had a point. Discord wasn't that bad. He had his downsides, that was obvious, but his upsides made up for them. He was funny, had a millennia of knowledge behind him, he was charming in an odd way. The idea seemed to disgust Twilight, but at the same time, she kind of liked it. Was it possible that she had developed feelings for Discord? She shivered at the thought.

Twilight sighed, "Guys, my personal life doesn't concern you. My emotions are strictly my business. I appreciate your compassion, but can we talk about something else?" She got up off the couch and began walking towards the door. The others scampered after her.

"But, darling, this is your love life we're talking about. It can't just be swept aside," Rarity said, walking behind her. Twilight stopped suddenly, causing her to bump into her.

"Whoa, back up. Who said anything about love? That is going a little overboard don't you think?" Twilight looked at Rarity with leery eyes.

"Yah, Rare. Let the gal be. Her business does not involve us. Unless she asks for advice, we don't give it," Applejack gently shoved the white unicorn.

"Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd let to get home. I promised to read a story to Mama Bear's new cubs. You know how babies are. See you girls later," Fluttershy headed towards the nearest window and flew out.

"And I'm foalsitting the Cake twins again. They're turning a year old in two days. Catch you later!" Pinkie quickly gave each of them a hug and dashed off.

"You'd all better leave too. I'm sure you've got something you'd like to do before the moon rises," Twilight gave a calm smile to her remaining friends.

"You're probably right. I've got some chores I need to work on. Take care, ya'll." Applejack trotted towards the exit.

"Eh, not really. But, I'm sure I'll find something to kill the time. See you two later," Rainbow took off in a cloud of smoke, leaving behind her signature trail.

"I'll see you later, Rarity," Twilight gave Rarity a hug.

"Bye, Rarity!" Spike said from down the hall.

"Good bye, Spike!" She responded.

"I'll see you later, darling," she began to walk towards the exit, but turned back. "Oh, and Twilight?"

Twilight looked in her direction.

"Don't forget what we talked about. Think it over. He wouldn't be my choice for a coltfriend, but you never know. Ta ta!" She left the purple alicorn alone, leaving the mare in question with some heavy-duty thinking.

Author's Note:

Twilight's beginning to see Discord in a different light. Oooh! I told you it would happen.
Discord's going to confess to Twilight later on. Don't worry.
Hopefully, you'll like this chapter. It turned out longer than I thought. See you next time.