• Published 27th Jan 2015
  • 9,830 Views, 96 Comments

I Found Love: Discord and Twilight - MLP Fangirl



Shortly after Twilight stood up for him, Discord found something he could only ever dream of having. Who knows? Perhaps she'll return the feelings.

  • ...
19
 96
 9,830

Seeking Help

Discord had been going down to that anti-harmonic chamber ever since the day they found it. He absolutely adored the place. He could spread his glorious chaos in there all willy-nilly, and the best part was, he didn't have to worry about hurting and/or upsetting anyone.

Twilight would keep a close eye on him, making sure he kept to his end of the deal. This, of course, did not help Discord in his current situation.

His undefined feelings kept bugging him. He tried so hard to forget about them, to toss them aside, but seeing her every day didn't help.

She was proving to be pleasant company. Sure, she was a organization freak who would ram him against the wall if he stepped anywhere near her books, but that was another aspect of hers that made his heart thump at uneven rhythms. If she was pushed the wrong way, she could easily blow up an entire city.

Thankfully, Discord was a skilled actor. He wasn't a novice at hiding his emotions, well real emotions. He continued to act the part of the pranking, frivolous draconeques, and she would never suspect a thing. If she did, she'd probably just shrug it off as another one of his jokes.

Discord decided that it was about time that he get some help to sort out his undefined feelings or possibly tell him how to get rid of them. He couldn't allow Twilight to continue being the main focus of his thoughts. He needed an expert's advice. Who did he know who was an expert on love?

It was a beautiful day in the Crystal Empire. The Kingdom was shining beautifully in the light of the noon day sun. The Crystal inhabitants happily trotted around their home, enjoying life to the fullest. Life in the Empire couldn't be better, especially for the monarchs of this sparkling region.

Princess Mi Amore Cadenza and Prince Shining Armor treated their citizens with kindness and love, and the Crystal Ponies happily returned the favor. After all, Cadence was the Princess of Love. It would make sense for her to shower her subjects with it. The Crystal Ponies couldn't ask for more appropriate leaders since their source of protection came from their love and unity with one another. Life in the Empire truly was wonderful, and everypony believed that nothing could interrupt this time of peace and tranquility. Oh, how wrong they were.

Princess Cadence sat atop her throne, filling in some paperwork that had been recently given to her. Shining Armor was in the process of training the newly-recruited members of the Crystal Militia. Young stallions who had just graduated from base camp had come here with the hopes of joining this rare army. It wasn't an incredibly busy day, they've had worse, but they had enough on their plate to keep them occupied.

A pony cleared their throat, gaining Cadence's attention. She looked up from her work and her gaze fell upon a brown crystal stallion with an unkempt grey mane. She raised an eyebrow at him. She knew almost everypony in the Empire, but this stallion's face was new to her.

"Good day, sir. I do not recall seeing you before today. Who are you, if I may ask?" Cadence set the scroll down next to her and faced him directly.

"You know who I am, Princess," he spoke in a familiar voice. Cadence recognized that voice, but she couldn't remember whose it was.

"I am sorry. I do not. Your voice sounds familiar, though. I can't quite put my hoof on it," She lifted a hoof to her muzzle trying to pinpoint where exactly she had heard it before.

"You most certainly have met me before, Your Highness. Just...not in this form." The strange stallion gave a small smirk.

Cadence took a closer look at the colt. She knew she had seen those colors before, but where? She thought back to his previous comment.

Not in this form. What does that mean? Her eyes widened as she came up with an idea. This form? Could this be...? No, I need to be sure.

She turned towards the guards in the room. "Leave us." They gave a nod and trotted out of the room.

She turned back to her guest. "Discord?"

"Bingo!" A burst of smoke erupted and the infamous draconeques strutted out of the cloud. "About time you figured it out."

"What do want, Discord? I don't exactly see you around much here. I know you're not here for just a casual visit. Now, I hope you have a good reason for coming here. Otherwise, I can easily summon my husband. I'm sure he'd be willing to escort you out of here, need be. Why are you here?" Cadence leaned back against her throne, hooves crossed in a business-like manner.

Discord dreaded this part of the meeting. He slouched down and let his head hang. "I, uh..." He muttered something inaudibly.

Cadence raised an eyebrow. "Is there something wrong? I've never known the Spirit of Chaos to go silent."

Discord sighed and looked up. "I need some...advice." His cheeks burned with the embarrassment he was feeling.

Cadence waited for more explanation, but he didn't give any. "Um, advice on what exactly?"

Discord looked up with an annoyed expression plastered on his face. "Come on, Cadence. What are you the princess of?

Cadence thought about his question, and realization dawned. Her mouth twisted into an amused smirk. "Oh, oooh! Has someone found that special somepony?" She asked in a teasing manner.

Discord groaned as his cheeks slightly lit up. "Noooo. I just have some...unsorted feelings to work out."

Cadence came down from her throne and trotted next to him. "Well, this type of thing can't be discussed in the open. Come with me to my room. We'll talk there." She headed for the door. "Also, you might want to revert back to that Crystal Pony form. Don't need you causing any unintentional disturbances."

Discord shrugged and instantly transformed into his previous form, quickly following after the pink alicorn.

Cadence walked past one of the guards and informed him to cancel court for the rest of the day. They turned a few corridors and entered one of the rooms.

The room was what one would expect the room of royalty to look like. It had a large queen-sized bed in the middle with a canopy overtop it. There was a small bookcase off to the side which probably contained at least fifteen or twenty books at the most.

There were purple cushions laid out on the floor with a velvet carpet beneath it. Of course, there were other intricacies of the room, but Discord didn't pay much attention to the rest of it.

Cadence placed herself in a comfortable seating position on one of the cushions and gestured that Discord do the same. Instead of doing that, he transformed the cushion into a full-sized throne. He plopped down on it, earning himself a weird look from Cadence.

"You are going to turn that back, right?"

"Of course, I will. But, you can't expect me to sit on that dinky, little thing. I find this much more suitable," Discord snuggled into his throne.

Cadence rolled her eyes and looked back at him. "Anyway, let's talk business. First off, who is it?" She looked at him with an eager expression.

Discord huffed and crossed his arms. "What makes you think I'll tell you? I do have a rep to maintain, ya know."

"Discord, I need to know so I can help you. No one's going to think any less of you for liking somepony. It's part of life, even for draconequi...es...?"

"The former."

"Right. Besides, I've given love advice to many ponies. You really think I don't know what I'm doing? I'm not the Princess of Love for no reason, you know." She gave him a knowing look.

"Yah, don't remind me," Discord rolled his eyes as he lowered his head.

"Now, tell me. Who is it?" Cadence folded her hooves in front of her chest as she waited for his answer.

Discord kept his head down but looked at her. "You promise not to laugh?"

"Uh, okay?" Cadence answered, wondering who he could like that would make her laugh.

Discord took a deep breath. "Fine. The pony who I like is..." Cadence leaned forward in anticipation. He mumbled the name.

Cadence thought she heard it but wasn't sure. "Who?"

"Oh, for the love of chaos! It's Twilight!" He blurted out, thankful he got it out before dying of mortification.

Cadence's eyes widened. Her mouth broke out into a huge grin. "Discord! That is so sweet!" She squealed.

Discord facepalmed. How did he not expect that reaction. "Yes, yes, Discord's gone sappy. Let the whole world know." He said in an irritated tone.

Cadence calmed down, but her grin remained on her face. "Well, Discord, I have to say I'm surprised. But, I'm happy for you. Twilight's a sweet mare. But, what I can't figure out is why? Last time I was in Ponyville, you had set out to ruining mine and Twilight's day by faking ill. And she's also told me about many of her other encounters with you. And every time, she mentioned how exasperating you were to her. Not to mention the fact that you were once enemies."

Discord rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "Well, I haven't exactly had these feelings for a long time. They've only developed recently. Ever since she called me her friend when Tirek was here, I've been...seeing her differently. And I can't stand it!"

Cadence jumped slightly at that. "What? Why? These feelings are nothing to be ashamed of."

"But, I can't be around her for five seconds without that sickly feeling showing up. Plus, she's the total opposite of me. She loves everything I stand against. I mean, sure I'm reformed now, but I'm still the Spirit of Chaos. She is like entrenched in the ways of harmony and all that is organized. If I ever tried to pursue it, it would never work out." Discord waved his hands in the air before setting them back down.

Cadence took in what he had to say. "Well, Discord. I understand where you're coming from. You two are of completely different and opposing natures. But, have you ever heard the saying, 'Opposites attract'? You and Twilight may have many differences, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't work out. Love is a strange and mysterious force, but most of the time, it provides you with the best result."

Discord turned his head. He felt a hoof touch his paw.

Cadence looked up to him with sincere eyes. "You know what I think? I think you should go with what your heart wants. You'll never know unless you try.''

Discord jumped up from his seat. "Whoa, whoa, you're not telling me to confess, are you? 'Cause if you are, I can kiss my chance good bye." He waved his talon.

Cadence stood up, too. "Like I said, Discord, you'll never know unless you try. Twilight may not reciprocate your feelings right away, but who knows? Only time will tell." Just then, the door creaked open, causing both of them to jump in alarm.

Shining Armor entered with his helmet covering his eyes. He used his magic to lift it off of his head. "Cady, where are the keys to the--" Shining stopped in his tracks as his eyes rested upon the third occupant in the room. Shining jumped into a defensive stance in front of Cadence and brandished his horn.

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY WIFE?!" He yelled with the ferocity of a manticore.

Cadence and Discord covered their ears at the high decibel level the stallion's voice had reached.

"Sheesh! Talk about quick to judge!" Discord rubbed his left ear with his finger before turning back to Shining.

"You had better leave in the next ten seconds or--"

"Shiny!"

"I-uh, yes?" Shining turned his attention towards his wife but still glanced at Discord through his peripheral vision.

"You have got to stop jumping to conclusions. Discord just wanted to talk about a few things," she said, giving Discord a knowing look.

Shining noticed this and grew suspicious. "What kind of things?"

"They are none of your concern," Discord turned his back and crossed his arms.

"Obviously, they are if you had to discuss them with my wife!" Shining glared at the spirit.

"Have you heard of personal issues? If not, I suggest you look up the definition. Let's see," Discord conjured up a dictionary and flipped through the pages.

"Do, de, do, personal, p, p, p, ah! Here it is. Personal means, 'of, affecting, or belonging to a particular being rather than to anyone else.' You know what that means? I don't have to tell you, Mr. Nosy Armor." Discord slammed the book shut.

"Then why'd you tell Cadence?" Shining continued. Cadence put her hoof to her head.

"Like I said. It's none of your business!" Discord put his hands on his hips, clearly annoyed with Shining's persistence.

"It is if my wife know--"

"Enough!" Cadence yelled, ending their argument. They looked up to see Cadence's disapproving glare. "Stop bickering like little colts. It's very immature." She turned to Shining Armor.

"Shiny, Discord has met with me to discuss some issues. I will respect his wishes by keeping them to myself. You do not need to know everything."

She then turned to Discord. "And Discord, remember what I said. It might do you some good to follow my advice. You'll never know unless you try." She gave him a warm smile.

Discord gave a side nod. "Yah, well, I'll consider it. Thanks for the help, Princess Cadence." He turned to the door and walked towards it.

He stopped when he was partway through the door. "Oh, and Shining Armor?"

Shining looked up with a glare.

"Don't keep your wife up all night because of your insatiable curiosity. You might be unpleasantly surprised if you found out. Tootles!" He walked out, and they heard a flash, indicating he had left.

Author's Note:

There you go. Another chapter. And with Cadence, who doesn't like Cadence?
So, I hope you like this chapter. Hopefully, it's just a good as the last two.
Now, then, will Discord confess his feelings? :pinkiegasp:
Not for a little while I'll tell you that.:ajsmug: I'm going to start working more on Twilight's role in this story.
After all, it can't be a romance story between Twilight and Discord if Twilight's not feeling anything.
Stay tuned for the next part. See you next time.

Also, that is actually the dictionary definition of personal. I didn't make it up.