• Published 27th Jan 2015
  • 9,830 Views, 96 Comments

I Found Love: Discord and Twilight - MLP Fangirl



Shortly after Twilight stood up for him, Discord found something he could only ever dream of having. Who knows? Perhaps she'll return the feelings.

  • ...
19
 96
 9,830

An Amazing Discovery

Discord was slumping in his chair, obviously upset about something. He was at Fluttershy's cottage for their weekly tea party. He was still surprised that she wanted to continue them after...his big mistake. But, being the kind pony that she was, Discord could understand her actions.

Fluttershy came back into the living room, carefully balancing a plate of cookies on her head. She trotted over to Discord and set the platter down in front of him.

"Double chocolate cookies. Help yourself," Fluttershy picked up one herself and gently took a bite.

Discord mumbled a thank you as he grabbed one.

Fluttershy noticed that Discord was not acing like his usual exuberant self. "Discord, are you all right?"

"Oh, I'm perfectly fine, Fluttershy. I've just had...a lot on my mind," He took a bite of his cookie and looked the other way.

Fluttershy sat down next to him. "Are you still feeling guilty about what happened?"

"No, well, not exactly. I...don't want to talk about it." Discord couldn't stop thinking about a certain lavender mare. Try as he might, she kept permeating his mind and wasn't leaving anytime soon. But, of course, he would never admit it. It would ruin his reputation.

"Discord, that's all in the past now. We're not angry anymore." Especially after reading that book yesterday.

"Yah, well, I don't think you can say that about everypony. I did do a lot of bad stuff," Discord stretched out his long body before finishing his cookie.

They sat in silence for a few minutes. Fluttershy perked up as she thought of something. "Oh, Discord! I just remembered. Twilight invited us all to explore her new castle with her. If you like, we can go together."

Discord cringed at the mention of the purple mare. He sighed. He had been wanting to check the place out.

"Sure, why not. I have been curious to see what else that glowy box bestowed. Let's go." Discord snapped his fingers, and they disappeared. He would have to push his undefined feelings aside. He would just act the way he always did.

Twilight, Spike, and four of her friends were waiting at the base of the castle. They were waiting for Fluttershy. They knew that Fluttershy was having her time with Discord, but they didn't want to count her out just yet.

At the thought of Discord, Twilight's mind went back to that book. It was just incredible how Discord came to be. She never would have guessed that Discord had once been a kind ruler. From what the princesses had told her, Discord used to be a sadistic tyrant, putting ponies, as Celestia worded it, in an eternal state of unrest and unhappiness. That book had changed her perspective on Discord. It also got her wondering what else she might not have known about the past. What other information might have been hidden from the world. But, she would have to focus on that later.

A bright flash of light momentarily blinded the expecting ponies. As their vision returned, Discord and Fluttershy were standing in front of them. Discord tried to avoid contact with Twilight trying to keep that feeling away.

"Fluttershy, I'm glad you made it. And it's nice to see you too, Discord." Twilight gave a polite nod towards the draconeques.

"Yah, yah, good to see you too. I--Ack!" Pinkie tackled him with a hug.

"I'm soooo glad you're here, Discord! I haven't seen you in forever!" She continued to hold onto him, much to his dismay.

"Uh, that's great, Pinkie," Discord detached himself from her by teleporting a few feet away. "Now then, Twilight, I believe we are standing in front of an unexplored castle. Shall we?" That's right, Discord. Just act casual.

"Of course, let's go." The group entered the large palace, eager to see what exactly this place had to offer.

Twilight was amazed. Scratch that, she was awestruck. This castle had literally everything! There was a game room and a movie theater. She already knew about the library (that was the first thing she checked out). There were numerous rooms all with different layouts. Twilight knew she didn't need all of this, but what was she going to do? Ask the box to take it back? There was no doubt this was going to take some major readjustments.

"Wow, does this place have it all!" Rainbow Dash hovered ahead, a big smile plastered on her muzzle.

"Twilight, dear, you are so lucky! A pony could only dream of living in a beautiful place like this. And to think that this all belongs to you!'' Rarity glanced over to the dragon riding on Twilight's back, bearing an unamused expression. "Oh, and Spike, of course."

Spike rolled his eyes. Crush or not, he couldn't help but be a little annoyed by the fashionista's overlook.

"This place is almost is large as the farm. An' this is jus' a buildin'," Applejack noted with awe in her voice.

"It could use some...added features," Discord smirked, preparing to snap his fingers.

Twilight used her magic to pin Discord's arms to his side. "Oh, no you don't. I don't need frogs hanging from the ceiling, thank you very much. No offense, but you wouldn't be my first choice for a renovator."

Discord chuckled, but secretly tried to keep that nauseating feeling down.

Pinkie was bouncing along, as per norm, when her eyes caught a glimpse of something that piqued her interest. She stopped by a ruby red door and looked up at the sign.

"The Elements of Harmony?" The sign depicted all of the girls' elements. Her mind raced with ideas on what could be in there. She opened the door and gasped.

"GUYS! YOU'VE GOT TO COME SEE THIS!" Pinkie shouted. The others came galloping over, wondering what the pink pony had discovered.

"What is it, Pinkie?" Fluttershy looked at the door.

"Are those your cutie marks? What kind of room is this?" Spike asked after reading the sign.

"This room is awesome!" Pinkie's voice came from the room. They entered the room and reacted in the same way Pinkie did.

The room was huge, about as large as two houses squished together. But that wasn't what made the room great.

This room was a conglomeration of all of their interests. The room was divided into six sections. One section looked like a supply store with quills, ink jars, scrolls, and anything else a student could ask for. Another looked like an open plain that spanned from one side of the room to the other. Perfect for a flight. There was a section that had almost every kind of fabric imaginable, plus sewing tools and other clothing material. There was a section containing baking materials and party supplies. A miniature apple orchard was set up, including a vegetable garden. Next to that was an empty pen, most likely for little animals.

They couldn't stop staring. Even Discord and Spike had to admit that this room was incredible, despite the fact that there was nothing here that interested them. This castle really did have everything.

The mares all rushed to their designated sections, pooling with glee.

"Oh my! Is this nylon silk?! All of the stores I've went to didn't have it in stock. It was either being sold out, or it was in too high demand! This fabric is perfect for spring outfits!" Rarity smoothed out the expensive fabric with a delicate touch.

"My animals friends would love it here. It's even got a feeding trough. This is beautiful," Fluttershy merrily trotted around inside the fenced area.

"Hey, there's nougat here! The Cakes just ran out. I can take some over there!" Pinkie grabbed a container of nougat and placed it in an unknown location.

"Wow! I was afraid I was going to have to buy everything all over again. But, I've already got everything here!" Twilight levitated a jar of ink, quill, and parchment in her excitement.

"I could fly forever in here. It feels like I'm actually outside. This is fifty degrees of awesome!" Rainbow proceeded to do some crazy flying maneuvers that only a pro-Pegasus could pull off.

"How is anythang growin'? Is this actual dirt?" Applejack picked up a hoof full of soil and sniffed it. "Good gravy! It is! This castle is full of surprises!"

Spike and Discord looked at the girls, watching them enjoy this newly found scenery.

"Too bad we don't get a section," Spike muttered.

"Well, what are you going to do? This castle was made by the Elements of Harmony after all. And since they are the bearers of the Elements, they get to have all the fun." Discord scoffed and leaned back, unknowingly hitting a hidden button. He felt something against his back and turned around.

A trapdoor opened leading down to another room. Twilight noticed this and came over. The others were too enamored by the intricacies of the room to notice. She stood next to Discord and peered down into the chamber.

She lifted her head and turned to Spike. "Spike, stay here with the girls. I'd like to check this out. Discord, you coming?"

"Huh?"

"Well, you did discover it. Come on," She carefully used her wings to descend into the hidden room. Discord jumped in instantaneously.

They landed on what felt to be a carpeted floor. Discord felt his heart thumping with excitement. He didn't know why, but for some reason, he could sense something...unexpected was about to happen.

Twilight lit up her horn to illuminate the area. For some reason, though, she found her magic waning. She was trying her hardest to produce light so they could see, but her horn wouldn't allow it. It was as if something was preventing her from using her magic.

"Discord, my magic isn't working properly. Could you?" She gestured towards the darkness of the room. Discord was a little surprised she couldn't do it but lit up the chamber with his magic.

They were met with an unexpected sight. It was an empty room, with the exception of one or two pillars, probably there for support. What was the point of this room?

"Well, this was a waste of time." Discord was about to head back up when Twilight's voice stopped him.

"No, there is something about this room. I can't put my hoof on it. I feel something...off. My magic doesn't work in here, yet yours does. Why?" Twilight put a hoof to her chin.

"Maybe your magic has bad reception," Discord joked, although he could tell she was not in the mood for jesting.

"You didn't have any trouble lighting this room up, did you?" Twilight ignored his previous comment and looked up at him.

"None at all. I pulled off that spell with ease. In fact, I actually feel awesome. This room has some special vibe to it. Makes me feel good." Discord flexed his hands.

"Wait a second, that's it!" Twilight's voice made him jump.

"What's it?" Discord was trying to figure out what she had come up with.

"I think this room is an anti-harmonic chamber." Twilight began to pace as she talked.

"Anti-harmonic? It doesn't like harmony?" Discord had never heard of such a thing.

"Well, kind of. Think about it this way. Anti means opposite. So, what's the opposite of harmony?" Twilight wanted him to think.

"Disharmony. So, what?" Discord's eyes widened as he came up with the solution. "Wait, are you telling me that this room only allows chaos magic?!"

"I think so. I have to assume that the Tree of Harmony created this room for you. After all, you did supply us with the final key to defeat Tirek." Twilight concluded, pleased with her deduction. "Rather counter-intuitive, if you ask me. But, I'm not going to question the works of a sentient magical embodiment."

Discord's mouth contorted into a huge smirk.

"Does this mean I can create chaos in here freewill?" He leaned down so he could look her in the eye.

Twilight was hesitant at first, but she relented. "Fine, but only if you promise to remain in here while doing so."

"Done deal." He shook her hoof as a sign of agreement. Her fur was soft. He could just run his fingers over it all--Discord instantly let go, cursing his mind for coming up with such ridiculous thoughts.

Twilight raised an eyebrow at that but shrugged it off. "We'd better head back up. Don't want the girls to wonder where we are."

"I doubt they even realized we were gone. Those mares get so easily entranced." Letting Twilight go first, Discord climbed out. He couldn't wait to let loose his chaotic powers. If Twilight hadn't--No. Now was not the time to think about that.

Discord climbed out and saw Twilight talking with her friends. He sighed, knowing he had some feelings to sort through.

Author's Note:

Here's another chapter. I was surprised when this story was listed as popular. Thanks to all who are liking this. I hope you all like this chapter, too.
I know Twilight's castle probably didn't grant her half of what I listed here, but it's not like we're ever going to see the full interior in the show. So, it's up to fan speculation to decide.
Again, I hope you guys enjoy this chapter just as much as the last one. More excitement is on its way. See you next time.