• Published 27th Jan 2015
  • 9,824 Views, 96 Comments

I Found Love: Discord and Twilight - MLP Fangirl



Shortly after Twilight stood up for him, Discord found something he could only ever dream of having. Who knows? Perhaps she'll return the feelings.

  • ...
19
 96
 9,824

Nothing Can Break Us

Discord awoke from his peaceful slumber, refreshed and ready for another day. He stretched his arms out in front of him, giving his appendages a crack.

"Mmmm! Nothing like a good stretch to work away all those nasty little kinks." He flew over to his floating mirror and gave his appearance a once-over.

He smoothed his black mane back with his talon and smiled, "For a mismatched creature, you are one handsome devil."

He snapped his fingers, causing a calendar to appear. "Let's see. What's on the agenda for today?" He stared at the calendar. Nothing was marked for the day, or any day for that matter.

"I really ought to plan more things. Oh, well. I know what to do." Discord summoned a bouquet of lilac tulips. "I haven't given Twilight much lately. This should make up for it. All mares love flowers after all." With an approving nod, Discord teleported away.


Discord arrived at the front door of the castle. He figured he ought to arrive in a much more dignified manner. Suddenly popping in and out of thin air did not leave a good impression.

He casually opened the palace doors and proceeded to Twilight's lounge, since he knew that's where she spent most of her time.

"I haven't seen Twi for a few days now. I bet she's been dying to see me." He chuckled as he approached the lounge.

He opened the door and walked in. "Hey, Twilight. Miss me? I brought you some..." He opened his eyes and was met with an unusual sight.

Twilight was here all right, but she wasn't alone. She was talking with a light gray unicorn stallion with a swept-back black mane with brown highlights. His cutie mark was that of an open book with a magic wand touching it.

Discord dropped the bouquet, while his eyebrows furrowed. He decided to make himself known, "Ahem!"

Twilight's ear flicked, and she turned her head, "Oh! Discord! Sorry, I didn't see you there."

"Obviously," He muttered softly.

"So, this is the famous Spirit of Disharmony?" The stallion said appraisingly.

"Yup. Discord, this is Professor Archaic Theory from Canterlot University. He came here to discuss some theses on alicorn magic." Twilight explained.

"Charmed to make your acquaintance, Discord." Arcane stretched out his hoof to Discord.

Discord begrudgingly shook the stallion's hoof with his paw, "Likewise."

Twilight looked at Discord with a bit uncertainty. "Are you okay, Discord? You seem a little tense."

Discord ruffled her mane with his tail, "Oh, of course, my dear. I'm fine." He assured her with a smile.

Twilight still looked unsure but decided not to worry.

"It was nice to meet you, Discord. But, I believe we should cut this meeting short. I have to get this down in my lesson schedule. I'm doing a lecture on alicorn magic on Thursday. I'll need all the help I can get." Professor Arcane nodded apathetically.

Twilight nodded in agreement, "He's right. I'm sorry, Discord. You can come by again later. I'm kind of held up at the moment." She looked over at Archaic Theory with a smile.

Discord narrowed his eyes, "Fine. I'll see my way out. Enjoy your lesson, Professor." He flourished his talon and snapped his fingers, teleporting away.


Discord teleported into the open sky, far enough away so that nopony could hear him sulk.

"Who does that stallion think he is? He's wasting Twilight's valuable time. I was planning on taking her for a stroll in the Everfree Forest, but thanks to Mr. Canterlot University Professor, that plan has to be put on hold. Hmph!" He crossed his arms in an indignant manner. "Whatever. I'm fine with that. If Twi wants to hang out with a boring magic teacher, that's fine. We'll...just have to make up for lost time, that's all."

Discord nodded in satisfaction. After a few moments of silence, he realized something. "Well, now what do I do? My plans for today went down the tube. So, what can I do?"

He glanced down at the little town of Ponyville, seeing innocent-looking ponies going about their normal business.

Discord's mouth turned upward into a malicious grin, "Genius." Discord teleported away, preparing to prank a few unsuspecting ponies.

He silently approached Lyra Hearstrings, who was playing her harp.

"Such lovely music. I almost don't want to do it. Almost," he snickered. He snapped his fingers, turning the strings on Lyra's harp into noodles.

Lyra's grip on the instrument was lost as her eyes widened in horror. "What the huh? How did--?" She turned her head when she heard a familiar laugh. She could barely make out the silhouette of the Spirit of Chaos hiding behind a nearby tree.

Lyra groaned, "Ugh, you'll pay for this, Discord!"

"Send me the bill," he chortled and quickly vanished.

Discord crept slowly and cautiously through the orchard, trying to decided what to pull on the Element of Honesty. He noticed Applejack and her brother bucking some apples.

"Hmph. Do they ever do anything else?" He glanced around Sweet Apple Acres, and it him.

"Oh ho! Discord, you clever guy." He said as held a red apple in his claw. With a look of pure mischief, Discord snapped his fingers, and every single apple in the orchard turned into pears.

Applejack had just finished bucking a tree when it happened. Big Mac came over next to Applejack.

Applejack just looked on with alarm, but then she realized what happened.

She narrowed her eyes, "Last time ah checked, we lived on an apple farm. Not a pear farm."

"Eeyup," Her older brother agreed.

Applejack turned around and caught a glimpse of the saboteur, "Only one spirit has the nerve to do this. DISCORD!" She began galloping towards him at a speed that would make Rainbow Dash gawk. "YOU GET BACK HERE AND CLEAN UP YOUR MESS, YA HEAR ME!!!!"

Discord laughed, "Make me!"

Applejack jumped with the force of a recently-oiled spring and hit the draconeques head on.

She pinned him to the ground, steam coming from her nostrils, "Ya'll heard me. Change it back, or I'll buck ya into Saddle Arabia."

After that encounter, Discord believed that she very well could pull that off. He quickly snapped his fingers, turning everything back to normal.

Applejack lifted her hooves, "Thank ya, kindly, Discord. But, jus' remember, do something like this again, and I'll give ya a poundin' so hard, you'll be out longer than you were a statue. Have a nice day." She trotted back over to her brother, acting like nothing happened.

Discord gulped and decided it'd be best to make his departure.


Later that evening, Discord decided to attempt another visit to Twilight's place. He couldn't imagine that dimwitted professor having to take up an entire day studying magic.

"I don't know anypony who has spent one whole day studying. Well, except maybe Twilight, but she's a rare case." Discord chuckled to himself. He approached the lounge a second time that day and opened the doors.

"Twilight? It's me, Discord. Are you here?" He looked around the room, the purple alicorn nowhere in sight.

Discord huffed, "Guess not. Well, she's somewhere in this castle. I can sense it. The question is where?"

A faint aroma wafted into the room. Discord gave the air a sniff. "Hmm. Smells like something's cooking. She's probably having dinner. I'm sure she won't mind if I join her." He nodded to himself and teleported away.

With a flash of light, Discord reappeared in front of the dining hall. He casually walked inside.

"Hey, Twi. Smells good, mind if I--" Discord stopped upon spotting the other pony in the room.

"Oh, hi, Discord. We're just starting dinner. Would you like to join us?" Twilight politely invited.

Discord paid her no mind. His gaze was affixed to the same stallion that had been here earlier. He was STILL here!

Discord snapped out of his outraged daze upon feeling the stares of both Twilight and Professor Theory on him.

"Oh, forgive me. I was just a little surprised to see that you're still here, Professor." Discord said in the nicest voice he could muster at the moment.

"Well, the discussion went on longer than either of us had anticipated. So, the Princess kindly offered to provide dinner. I'm not one to turn down such a generous offer." Arcane smiled.

Discord felt heat rising in his face. "She is quite the giving soul, isn't she?"

"Definitely, especially for a Princess." Archaic Theory joked.

Twilight giggled, "Oh, please. The other three Princesses are just as giving. We are not here to be served, we're here to serve. Imagine being run by a leader who wanted nothing more than to be waited on."

"That is very true, Princess. It wouldn't be easy living, that's for sure." The professor gave his hooves a stretch. "Well, I fear I have taken up enough of your time, Your Highness. Thanks ever so much for the information. I'm sure the students will be very interested."

"I should hope so. Alicorns by themselves are incredibly fascinating to study. I'm not saying that out of bias. I may be an alicorn, but even I don't understand everything about what I am. I hope your lecture goes well, Professor."

Arcane nodded, "So do I. I'll let you know what happens. Have a good evening." He bowed in respect.

Arcane approached Discord, "It was nice to meet you, Discord. Nice to know that we don't have to worry about you causing anymore trouble."

Discord had been silent the entire time. The stallion was nothing but a goody-four-hooves. But, Discord felt inclined to at least offer a bit of gratitude. "Thanks. You...have a good night."

The professor nodded and trotted out of the castle.

Twilight walked over to Discord, "He's a nice stallion. I hope his students appreciate his lecture. We had quite a good discussion today." She looked over at Discord.

Discord huffed silently, "I'm sure you did."

Twilight's ears picked it up, despite his efforts to conceal them. "Discord, are you all right? You don't seem like yourself today. Is something wrong?"

"Of course not," Discord quickly brushed her comment aside, "Nothing you need to worry your pretty little head about. It doesn't concern you."

Twilight's eyes remained on Discord, not buying that statement. "Of course, it concerns me. If something's troubling you, then I want to know what it is. Let's talk in the library." Twilight tugged Discord's paw with her magic, forcing him to follow her.


Once they entered the library, Twilight pulled Discord over to a chair with her sitting adjacent to him.

She sat down, gesturing for him to do the same.

"All right, what's up?" Twilight began, sitting up in a business-like manner.

"The ceiling. Not sure why you couldn't see that, but whatever." Discord tried to push Twilight's concern away by making a joke. Obviously, that did not work.

Twilight lowered her eyelids,"Really?"

Discord coughed to cover up for his embarrassment.

"Come on, Discord. What's wrong? I can easily tell you're bothered by something. Would you mind telling me? You can trust me, right?" She batted her eyelashes at him, causing him to blush.

"Um, of course, I trust you. It's just..." he sighed, "You're going to think I'm silly."

Twilight smiled, "I already do. And nothing you say is going to make me think any less of you. Tell me."

Discord sighed again. She was persistent. "Tell me honestly, Twilight. If you met a stallion who you could picture yourself with, would you leave me?"

Twilight pondered that question for a few moments. "Where'd the question come from?"

"Just answer the question, please."

Twilight didn't understand why he would ask such a thing. They were perfectly happy together. No stallion in the world could give her what Discord offered. He wasn't what she had in mind when she thought of her special somepony, but they had made it work.

"I'd never leave you, Discord. You've made everyday of life exciting. I would never consider breaking up with you. Why are asking about thi...Wait." Twilight stopped and thought for a moment.

Then, realization dawned. "Oh...I get it. Now, it all make sense."

Discord stared at her in disbelief, "Tell me you didn't?"

"How funny that you ask this question the same day I met up with Professor Arcane. A...stallion. Why, Discord, were you, by any chance...jealous of the professor?" Twilight smirked, with a teasing expression on her face.

Discord winced, "Maybe."

Twilight, to the surprise of Discord, laughed.

"Oh, Discord. That's funny and sweet at the same time. Honestly, Discord. Just because I'm talking to another stallion, doesn't mean I'll fall head over hooves for him. I'm not one of those mares who swoons whenever a stallion talks to her." She chuckled.

She hopped down from her chair and walked over to Discord, "And besides," she flew up and gave Discord a peck on the cheek, "I'm already taken."

Discord was deeply touched. To think he ever thought she'd leave him. The moment was too perfect, so Discord decided to end it on a good note.

Without warning, he leaned forward and connected his muzzle with Twilight's. Twilight jumped in surprise but found herself kissing him back.

They pulled apart and looked at each other. "Wow. That was...I don't know what to call it."

"Call it a kiss, my dear." Discord stroked her mane and kissed her softly on the head.

Discord and Twilight will face many obstacles in their relationship. But, one thing's for sure. Nothing will be able to break their bond. They both found love, and nothing would ever come between them.

Author's Note:

THE END. For now.
I'm bringing this story to a close. I felt that this chapter seemed like the perfect ending.
I know many of you are probably disappointed that it's over.
But, don't worry.
Like I said before, I'm doing a romance series featuring famous couples. Each story to follow will take place after the events of this one. Discord and Twilight will still be together in the rest of them.
I'm thinking of either doing Rainbow and Soarin or Pinkie and Cheese. Comment on which one you'd rather have.
I hope you've all enjoyed this. Until next time.

Comments ( 18 )

This was sweet. Thanks for writing this story. I can't wait to read your next one.

That was a sweet ending. And it was the perfect ending for the story. I honestly don't care what pairing you do next.I'd be happy with whatever.

Pinkie and Cheese

this thingĀ“s perfect can you do Cheesepie next?

6002021 That's probably the route I'm going to take. I already have an idea. So, unless I change my mind, which I probably won't, the next one will be Pinkie and Cheese.:pinkiehappy::heart:

hmmm not a bad story enjoyed it a lot
but personaly id love for this ship to continue as in you go deeper into their relastionship
there is no way everyone will be ok with them being a thing and id like that to happen. like the hardships mentioned id love to see them sometime and have them over come it X3

awwww.
*falls over and pouts* I wanted more..... I don't want to have to read about another couple just to get more Twi and Discord....

6135507 Yup, Shiny's always been the overprotective one. Although, he didn't even know about Discord's thoughts about his little sis at the time. I can only imagine what he was like when he did find out:twilightoops:.

I rather enjoyed this story. Can't go wrong with a TwiCord ship. lol

This was good at first, but after the first chapter or two, it just became painful to read...

~Crystalline Electrostatic~
9:50_7/26/2015

6734242 Ohh I understood that very well, but that still doesn't hold water when you use two different concepts interchangeably.

Someone whom nailed the Yin-Yang idea was Bluegrass Brooke on this site in the story
"This Cruel and Random World "

6740321
Oh, I'm quite familiar with Bluegrass Brooke and TCARW. That's one of my all time favorite Twicord novels. She actually gave me a few pointers.
And, yes, she got down pat the idea of chaos and harmony being compatible.

Ya know... this fanfic is my bedtime story. i know it by heart. It's one of the best Twicord fanfiction i've ever read. i find no mistakes here...
Um, no, maybe one because of my curiosity. In "under the weather" Discord shows his care for Twilight... not in a way i expected. Like a friend, not a paramour.
Aaaand... more hugging! More descriptions! Describimg is magic, yeah!
need a sequel.... :applecry:

7065622 :twilightblush: Wow, thanks! That's really encouraging to hear. Glad you enjoyed it so much.

7065634
you know... i wonder... are you planning to wirte other Twicord story?
just askin'

7225394
Win.
(woah, that comment was forever ago. I don't even remember this story very well. I do remember liking it.)
~Melly~

Login or register to comment