• Published 6th May 2012
  • 5,063 Views, 62 Comments

My Little Angel (Bunny vs. Changeling) - Gdenofa



Fluttershy is surprised on the sudden 'change' of her beloved bunny who has suddenly become quite

  • ...
2
 62
 5,063

Chapter Two: Bunny vs. Bunny

My Little Angel

Chapter Two: Bunny vs. Bunny

Fluttershy and Angel stood motionless while staring at the tiredly panting 'Angel' who was covered from tip of ear to tip of his tail in… pickle juice. The pegasus shook her head in disbelief as she bounced her sights from Angel to Angel.

"I-I I… D-don't understand?" Fluttershy shakily asked. "H-How-how can there be TWO Angels?!"

The pickled bunny narrowed his little black eyes at the Angel sitting right next to Fluttershy; HIS Fluttershy.

The two white rabbits' eyes locked onto each other as the pickled bunny flashbacks…

************

Angel was hurriedly gathering carrots from the vegetable garden. A strange sound alerted the bunny to turn around; only to see a zucchini coming down his head. When he comes to, he finds himself in a barrel, surrounded and emerged in pickles from the neck down. Angel grimaces; wondering on how such yummy, crisp cucumbers can turn into these yucky, bitter things.

Angel hears snickering and when he looks up, the little rabbit is shocked to see 'himself' peering down at him. The other Angel smirks with a wave of his paw and replaces the lid.

He tried pushing the lid, but it was sealed with some sort of green gummy sealant. It seemed hopeless, but Angel was a very determined bunny! He took some deep huffs and puffs and bounced and rocked until eventually the barrel fell over. He then used his small. yet powerful hind legs to kick the lid multiple times and the cover off his pickled prison began to loosen.

Angel hated that imposter… even more than pickles.

************

The flashback ended and the pickled bunny stomped over to the other one and angrily chattered, thumping his foot. He gestured to the front door… AKA: the exit. The other Angel sniggered at the salty, soggy bunny who spits out a pickle; which only made the other Angel laugh harder while paw-pointing at him.

The pickled Angel shook his fur and ears, wetting the other Angel's fur. That stopped his snickers and the two bunnies sneered while pressing their noses into each other. Soon, both were rolling and tumbling at one another as the observing distraught pegasus covering her open mouth, flapped in midair.

"Oh, no..!" Fluttershy pleaded, "P-Please don't fight!"

But the winged-mare's pleas went on deafened ears as the white, fury, furry pair rumbled.

When Angel had the other Angel cornered, that bunny hopped straight up and the charging bunny's head met the wall. Dizzy, Angel rubbed his head and got his bearings from the snickers that were coming… above him? The bunny looked up in shock; the other Angel was sitting on the ceiling!

Fluttershy was just as stunned. "What? How… in Equestria can a bunny do that?!"

The upside down Angel crept down the wall and tried jumping on top of his challenger; who managed to dodge him and grab a hold of a stalk of celery. He grinned while gesturing his wiggling paw; suggesting that the other Angel try and take him on.

The other Angel then copy-cats (or copy-bunnies), and both began fencing. Back and forth they clash their veggie swords till Angel pokes the other Angel, making him giggly side tracked and trip by the couch. Angel's hunch was correct; the other Angel had his ticklish tummy too. The standing bunny points his weapon at his fallen opponent who puts his paws up in the air as Angel smiles triumphantly. But his victory was short lived as the other Angel grabbed a fallen couch pillow and whacked him over, causing the bunny to bump into a bird's perching mirror.

Fluttershy quickly sees the perch wobbling and she flies over and catches it before it fell as the two, arguing, little rabbits continue romping and pulling each others' feet and ears.

"Oh, please you two… You don't have to fight! We can work this out… if we all just try to relax and-- EEP!!"

The winged-mare had seen the dueling bunnies in the bird mirror and was quite alarmed. For it had revealed that the other Angel was in reality: a changeling. Being startled on the revelation, Fluttershy's hooves lost their grip and the perching mirror dropped and shattered on the floor.

This explained how the copy-bunny could walk on ceilings and walls, and why he looked just like her little Angel. He was so prompted with flipping the vanity mirror because unlike the Queen of the Changelings, it turns out that reflections gave her minions' deception away.

More concerned than ever, the pegasus landed on the floor, away from the shattered mirror and turned her attention to the quarreling pair.

Nervous, Fluttershy meekly called out, "Stop fighting. P-Please stop..."

After turning the cottage inside out, the two Angels tumbled into the carrot cake and both began tossing chunks of cake at one another.

The anxious pegasus suddenly became intolerant. "Please… stop… RIGHT NOW!!"

With Fluttershy's unexpected outburst, both Angels while still hold holding globs of cake, froze in place. The only movement from them was blinking of their beady black eyes and frosting dripping from their whiskers.

Fluttershy was fretful of the changeling but stayed brave for her little Angel. She took a deep breath and slowly stepped towards them. There was no way of telling the two apart for the closest mirror broke and the winged-mare was afraid if she left the room, the two would resume combating the daylights out of each other.

Fluttershy watched as both wiggled their pink noses and puffy tails in cute bunny fashion. "Oh, my goodness..! Who's really Angel?"

Both of the little rabbits pointed their paws to their chests in sync.

Fluttershy blinked nervously. "O-O-kay. Who is… um.. The… changeling..?"

This time, both bunnies sternly paw-pointed at each other in unison.

Fluttershy sighed. "Well, it was worth a try."

The anxious pegasus paced the room. Differing between Angel and the changeling was more problematic than anything now. They both looked exact; two, little, white rabbits, covered in icing from the previous cake-fight. Both of their fur was quite a mess…

The pegasus paused her pacing and her eyes briefly twittered. A mess! That's it!

Fluttershy faced the two Angels and shook her head. "Oh dear! Look at all that sticky fur. It looks like it's… Bath-time…"

The Angel on the right happily nods and hops up to the winged-mare, putting his front paws up to be taken to the wash-room while the Angel on the left gave a silent scoff as he turned his back on the pegasus, crossing his tiny paws over his chest…pouting.

The obliging bunny's smile quickly drops; shocked to see Fluttershy walk right past him and goes towards the sulking, little rabbit. She places a yellow hoof on his back and warmly smiles. He knows that she knows that he is the true, one and only stubborn Angel.

Her best companion gives a relived smile and bounces in his happy care-taker's forelegs. "Oh, my poor, sweet, little Angel..! Are you okay?"

The bunny nods and briefly rubs his cheek against her pink mane.

Fluttershy and Angel halt their reunion as they stare at the white-furred fraud.

"You're NOT my Angel," Fluttershy told him in a low tone with the true Angel nodding with firm agreement.

The phony bunny grimaced. His eyes glowed green as he stood on all four legs; the cake icing melting off of the vexed creature. Bright green, enchanted flames engulfs around him and the imposter flashes to changeling form.

"EEK!!" the pegasus yipped as she flew up in midair; frightened at the sudden sight of the hissing, black creature's white fangs, hole-ridden legs, tattered insect-like buzzing wings, torn ears and tail and mane.

Fluttershy focused on staying in the air so her wings would not lock to her sides from fright; so she could protect Angel… Speaking of the bunny; his tongue hung out after he had to recollect his breath from the shocked squeeze from his hugging, startled care-taker.

The changeling hovered higher in the air; white pupils enviously glowered down at the little rabbit being held by Fluttershy. Gradually, the creature's orb-sized eyes seem to be filled with hurt than anger as his sneer faded into a frown.

The storm outside gave off a loud thunderclap and bright lighting which made Fluttershy close her eyes. But when the timorous, stammering pegasus reopened them…

"Uh… wha-where, did-did he go?"

…the changeling was out of view.