• Published 4th May 2012
  • 6,570 Views, 484 Comments

Silent Dreamweaver - -Brutus



This is fanfic about deaf pony (myself installing my life with being deaf).....

  • ...
24
 484
 6,570

Chapter 3

It happened in all slow motion, in fact it was a total of three seconds.

This pink blur threw open the door of the cafè, blurred over to Silent and, when it seemed that the blur was going to crash into him, only to stop in ...mid-air? Silent stared at huge blue eyes, which was only a inch from his green eyes then she sprouted something. Silent was sure it was actually a whole sentence. As this pink blur became more definitive, Silent gave her a quick glance over; she was, well pink, with cotton candy shaped mane and tail which, was a darker pink. Bouncing around, disappearing and reappearing from bottom, left, and right of his field of view. She then popped from top of Silent's view, and was STILL talking.

Those three seconds were over and time returned to normal speed.

Slowly Silent backtracked back to stool where his saddlebag laid on the floor, plucking out his bottle of liquor, pacing himself in reading while blatantly ignoring this mare. Being deaf has its advantages: she is still moving her mouth, but no sounds came to him. The cream-colored waiter just froze at her spot looking on a unique, yes oddly typical scene.

Silent began muttering to himself.

Now, let's see...

Absolut Vodka

This superb vodka was distilled from grain grown in rich fields of Southern Equestria. It has been produced at the famous old distilleries near...blah blah

Flipping the bottle around, finally he found what he was looking for: warning label. Silent began to read aloud in his head.

GOVERNMENT WARNING: (1) According to the Surgeon General, mares should not drink alcoholic beverages during pregnancy because of the risk of birth defects. (2) Consumption of alcoholic beverages impairs your ability to walk, fly, or do magic and may cause health problems.

Doesn't this say anything about hallucinations? I'm going to give this a read-over in case...

Nope, still nothing about hallucinations.

Taking his eyes off the bottle, Silent looks up and....

Nothing.

That pink mare was gone. Silent began to put off what he just experienced as hallucination. Conjuring his magic to hold his bottle as he got on all of his legs, and turned arou-

ARGH! Silent jumped then screamed deactivating his magic dropping his vodka bottle shattering on the floor.

My treasured water of life!... I haven't even finished it!

This pink mare was still right there, bouncing gleefully holding Silent's bag with her mouth, and her mouth was still moving. Silent finally began to discard his theory that that mare was his imagination. Blinking out of his thoughts, he held out his hoof cautiously to ask for the bag back. She seems to get the message, dropping the bag in front of Silent and bounced at the spot. Smiling awkwardly as he picked up the bag; suddenly this mare just gasped, while shooting up in the air at same time then only a second after pink earth pony 'flew' over his head and out of the establishment.

Blinking once, then twice.

Looking around in the cafè, Silent noticed the waiter there snickering. Probably not at him but the situation as whole. Words that he thought out earlier rang once again ...our days. Whatever, probably not too much of interesting things would happen in span of four days... Silent had to admit that something rather interesting has actually happened. Sighing inwardly to himself, he realized he would have to start hunting for a liquor store or a bar in the town to replace his drink that was shattered mercilessly. Silent began to clean up the mess that his drink left behind, picking up the remnants carefully. The waiter came out of her counter to offer help, which Silent accepted, and in no time all the floor looked like new. Silent looked up as the waiter had her mouth moving, assuming that it was her thanking him for staying behind to start on cleaning. Nodding, the unicorn opened the door to outside with magic, as he stepped he made a mental note.

I better start on carrying a back-up drink from now on...

Cracking his neck, he let out a satisfied sigh, “ahhhh.”

Adjusting his bag until it was comfortable, the strange circumstance that he was involved with still rang in his head.

She, she...s. defied both logic and physics! Is that mare on drugs or something?!..I think she actually froze in the midair when she left like that..argh, a headache already just thinking about it. I might should avoid her if that is case...

Realizing that he made it into Ponyville centrè- his thinking distracted and unattached himself from sense of time and distance- he looked around the surrounding area. Stallions and mares, fillies and colts of all colors, shapes, race, and sizes, chatted, played or simply went on their daily business. Before Silent figured where he was, he found himself in middle of marketplace. Drawing in the many sights, stands and unique shops. In small distance he could see a...gingerbread house? Apple, oranges, lettuce, tomato and various other stands with mares or stallions with their respective cutie marks to match.

Well time to hunt!

Two...hours and...NO LIQUOR STORE?! Silent was beginning to panic internally, wondering where he could get some good-to-Celestia drink?! Silent felt his heart stopped for second time now, first being at that train station- Minus the crazy pink mare, that was completely different thing. Silent was panting, sweating some under the blast of hot sun, too hot!

Silent sat on his hunches, activating his magic pulling off his black turtleneck shirt and packed it into his bag. A gentle breeze brushed over him, provoking a small gentle smile on Silent's face. His need of liquor was quelled for now, but it was sure to snake its way back up sooner or later. As he began to walk again, he started to really take in names of stores or various services.

Quills and Sofa...nah, another cafè...already ate, soap stand?! Nope and nope. Bowling alley?! This hick town had one? I should check it out..ooooo do they have drinks?!. Mental note! Sugarcube Corner?...my stomach is already hurting from thinking about too much sugar..Carousel Boutique..yewch, too girly.

Silent began to follow a trail that was little out of the way, coming across a maple tree that had...windows sticking out? Telescope on the top, lanterns wait.. A tree being a house? The white unicorn circled around it and he saw a sign that was posted outside, it had no words but just open book. Glancing over to the slightly open door, slowly a realization that came to him that this is a library! Silent wanted to do a jump then click his hind legs together in mini-celebration.

As this was a library, he figured it was okay to just walk in so he did. Taking a deep breath, in least he was somewhat content with where he was. Beside drinking and occasional weed to escape, he had at least one healthy form of escape and that was “reading”. Silent trotted over to the bookshelves, it was very organized and in excellent condition. Rummaging through his bag, pulling out a notebook and old books that he did his best to keep together.

Flipping backwards through the notebook to first or two page and it had list of books that Silent wanted to read.

Hopefully this will jump my memory a bit, hopefully this library would have those in stock... Let's see.

Eternal
The Promises We Keep
Daring Do and the Quest for the Sapphire Stone
Daring Do and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Daring Do and Temple of Doom
Through Eyes of Another Pony
Purple Haze
Silence is Bittersweet
Number One
Memories of the Dark, Prospects of the Light
No Need for Words

Eh, I still have more books to list out but those should be enough for some worthy search for now...

Silent began at “A” section and ran his way all way to first letter in his list “D”, plucking out one Daring Do, and it was the Quest for the Sapphire Stone. Silent chose to put off one Daring Do for another reading tomorrow, or two days from now. Reminding himself over and over to not forget about purchasing a ticket to get out of here on Tuesday morning, first thing.

Muttering to himself, walking over to next letter in his list. Eternal...not in the mood for that. Moving on...Number One and No Need for Words, and Silence is Bittersweet seemed good for a reading later, he plucked out those three then began to carry four books in neat stack with his magic. Silent decided that two more books will be enough, six books for four days. A few minutes later he added Purple Haze and Through Eyes of Another Pony to the stack. Carrying it over to the small wooden counter with his magic, noticing and there was still nopony stationed at it but it had a bell ring. Levitating his notebook, flipping it over until he found a empty page to write down as he rang the bell. Remembering the etiquette that libraries had- having to put down your full name and everything to check out a book or books.

”Hello, My name is Silent Dreamweaver and I would like to check those bo-.”

Silent dropped his pen as his motor control was lost for minute, when a lavender unicorn mare with pink stripe running through her tail and mane, and her purple eyes making contact with Silent's eyes. Finally his motor control came back as he picked up the pen with his magic, and finished what he was writing.

oks out. If you're wondering why I'm communicating to you through this is because I'm deaf.

Silent was always blunt about it, he found it was best way rather than beating around the bush to get that fact out. Silent turned over his notebook, the purple mare smiled which melted Silent's heart for few moments. She turned around the notebook, which grabbed Silent's undivided attention. The hoof-writing of her response was very regal and pleasant.

Yes, you may borrow those books. Sign your name on the back of the books, then hand over those little white cards with your name over me. You can borrow those books for up to week, but over that, there will be fee of 2 bits per book for each day overdue. My name is Twilight Sparkle by the way, are you new to town or something. I don't think I ever seen you before. Wait, how much do you like reading? Almost nopony ever comes to library to read or even borrow a book. Who's your favorite author, what about your favorite series?! Do you study anything?

Twilight peered at Silent, watching him with greeting smile. As Silent proceeded to do what she asked. Unknown to white unicorn, Twilight's eyes were jumping from scar to scar that adorned his body. Finished signing his name on all six white cards and handed over the cards which Twilight nodded with slightly awkward smile on her face, it seemed like she wanted to ask a question. Her powerful urge to learn it all, know it all began to slowly take over her mind. As all of kinds of questions popping up in her head, she snapped out of it as she noticed the notebook was turned around with a answer from Silent.

I'm not exactly moving in per say, I missed my train stop at Trottingham. I apparently overslept and missed it. The train won't be running for four days so I'm stuck here until then. It was very nice to meet a sensual mare like you, I ran into..well she did. It was earth pink mare with poofy mane or something, I thought she was a hallucination! Anyway. I don't have any set of favorites really, I read those books to...escape. It's long story, anyhow! Thanks for the books!

Instead of actually reliving Twilight's curiosity, Silent's answer brought even more questions for her to ask for some other time, if it ever happens. By the time Twilight snapped out of her thought-indicted trace, her library was empty once again. Silent Dreamweaver had apparently packed up his notebook and his loaned books then left.


Special thanks once again to MrMinimii for being awesome editor.