• Published 29th Jan 2015
  • 411 Views, 3 Comments

Gabbygums: Who Smelt It? - Jake Witt



If it's not Applebloom, Sweetie Belle, or Scootaloo then who? Who is telling these stories? Who is Gabbygums?

  • ...
7
 3
 411

Gabbygums

Today was a day like no other... because the sun hasn't arrived yet. It was late. Why is the sun late? Is this Discord's doing? Yes, let's blame Discord. Or may be its something else, like the time both sun and moon were in the sky? "What is wrong with the Princess?" said a pony with no purpose in this story.

The time is 9:45am and there's barely any light to read the morning newspaper. When the sun finally rose back to schedule, burning the eyes of everypony unfortunate enough to be awake... Except for DJ PON3 who only put up her light equipment in response, ending her early morning rave. Everypony reached for a newspaper, not wanting to skip one of their most important routine now that they have reading light. But here's a surprise: there are two newspapers. The subscribed paper and the brand new paper, The Smelt Forge.

This starts our story about three fillies,
who usually act both dangerous or silly.
The Cutie Mark Crusaders,
within their clubhouse not meant for invaders.
The Earth pony, Applebloom
who arrived after cleaning her room.
Unicorn Sweetie Belle
thinking her day with Rarity went to Tartarus (pony hell).
And the chicken-pegasus Scootaloo.
Since Rainbow Dash was asleep... she had nothing to do.

"The spa? Seriously? Do ya know how many apples Ah had to clean up?" the apple one asked the unicorn.

Our favorite nonWebster dictionary replied with, "Why would you have apples in your room?"

"AJ said Ah was going to have an apple related cutiemark so Ah'm tryin' ta git it. Ah sort of think of it as side crusadin'."

The orange anvil spoke up at last, "Can we just go do something? My dayish day has been boring."

"WELL do ya have an idea that doesn't involve flying or magic?"

"N-no..."

Sweetie Belle sparked a bit before speaking, "What if we write to Babs?"

"Ah Face Timed her. She has no ideas, but she has about 20 creative selfies and some cat photos," Applebloom let the silence reign on for a bit before realizing her friends have no idea what she was saying, "There's barely any unicorns in Manehattan. They have these things call 'cellphones' that have an apple picture on it. Ah have one to contact her-" she was then cut-off by a loud sound.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

The three friends looked to each other then Sweetie opened the door,
but Apple Jack wasn't there like before...
In front of the clubhouse were ponies and newspapers
saying something about foalnappers and some trapped griffon tapers.
The last one was funny,
Griffons in a roll of tape, bound.
But not the ponies responsible for the day being less sunny.
Who took the credit? Well a surprise was found.
Gabbygums was the used name,
just like that newspaper adventure all the same.

"Ummm... Girls?" asked the high pitch voice of Sweetie, "I thought we were done with Gabbygums..."

They all looked to each other in surprise
filled with a question waiting to arise!
This from the farmer, "Come again?"
There will be an answer for them, but when?
The chicken asked, "If we aren't involved with Gabbygums then what is going on?!"
Sweetie Belle shrugged, then had a bonbon.
In unison the others asked, "Where did you get that?"
"Rarity gave it to me for not being a brat,"
Sweetie replied, "Though what're we going to do?"
They though the ponies would go away, but it was only the beginning: That we knew.


Is Discord actually Starswirl the Bearded?

We are Gabbygums with the most interesting story. Not from Discord, but from the horse's mouth a.k.a facts. Newest Princess Twilight Sparkle has interviewed with many average newspapers, but the Smelt Forge is not an average newspaper or tabloid. We are ponies who find the puzzle pieces to show the broad picture!

Now, Discord Lord of Chaos and Disharmony is Starswirl the Bearded the greatest unicorn wizard in history. That doesn't sound right. How can this great, brilliant, kind stallion and a tyrant, borderline dictator 'just for fun' the same guy?

Easy. Unicorn librarian and student of Celestia, Twilight Sparkle was given Starswirl's last spell. She described in her own words, "Nothing seemed to happened, but in reality her friends' cutie marks were switched and she had to fix it." In an interview with Princess Twilight and Princess Celestia, Truth B. Told wrote, "According to the Princesses, Starswirl kept to himself and would say he had no friends."

Friends = swapped destinies. No friends = what? Our guess could be that 'nothing' happened or we could open our eyes and realize his own body parts were swapped and he went insane, turning his orderly mind to chaos. Not much to say there...

They decided to stop reading and focus on the task at hoof. That article made fans, angry ponies, and angry fans come at them. There were boards on the windows and doors as the ponies attempted to climb to the roof, where our crusaders reside.

"What are your thoughts on the health system?" said a news mare from "the Musical Note" newspaper.
"Come down here!" said an angry pegasus. They truly are a race of bird brains.
"Let's get them!" said a- woah, when did a crystal pony get here?!
"Heresy! The princesses were his friends! C'mon let's get into gear!" said a nerd dressed in a grey wizard robe.

The trio huddle together on the roof
having a problem with the mob at hoof.
Scootaloo said, "Gabbygums got us in trouble now, just like then!"
Will this be the end of them?
Its funny. They are perfectly coordinated in fear and song
with nothing strayed or wrong.
But in a mob,
their lack of unity gave the fillies some what joyous sobs.
Suddenly a pie flew into the air... and it was not Pinkie.
It's the rock one that doesn't rhyme with Inky or Blinkie.
Maud gave them ten yard gaze,
while holding a rock, which name is a haze.

"Rocks..." she said... creeping the fillies out.


Where do the cakes go?

Before you burn your calories or set this page ablaze, give this a chance.
In Ponyville, EQ there is a hometown pony named Pinkamena Diane Pie also known as one of the bearers of the elements of harmony (laughter) and friends of Twilight Sparkle. There has been records and rumors of this earth pony having impossible abilities, like those wielded by Discord. Her most famous of the list of abilities is eating so much sugar that a normal pony would gain diabetes, usually in the form of cake. She can eat a ten tier cake in one bite! How is that possible?! She extends her tongue under the cake and...

SPLAT

"There's an alternate universe in her stomach!" exclaimed a mare, clearly not making a Kirby reference.
"She isn't a pony!" screamed a stallion, holding pies and apples to toss at the girls.

The fillies had enough time last night to barricade their clubhouse with dead trees and leftover barn wood as fans tried to talk to or assult them, still no wall cutie mark. Maud and Rainbow Dash helped to make the greatest defense needed for the fillies as Rarity transported their things to them and Apple Jack paid strangers to enter their farm before heading to Big Mac's station to buy clubhouse directions and pies... thinking they would be eaten.

"Well Rarity did want me away from Button..." Sweetie Belle said with a frown, within their fortress.

"Well I was going to avoid Rumble at school today, but no school," Scootaloo said, trying to toss a foil into a lunchbox with her wing to no success to trump the win-fail ratio.

"All the kids at school like oranges and peaches. Unless Ah meet an apple-crazed colt, then Ah might die alone," what's-her-face yellow pony said, not important enough to be remembered unless she has a horn or wings.

"That's deep," the flightless bird said to Applebloom with a worried look. The trio has spent two days in their clubhouse with nothing to do, which in the universe's opinion: Joy to the world. The reign of Gabbygums is helping more that hurting and we shall sing songs of this pony! Whoever Gabbygums is... Though, unknown to them, they might learn who he or she is.


Royalty and Why We Must Fear It.

Once upon a time, in a land far, far away lived stupid creatures with no magic and an idol called Obama they worshipped... then stopped liking because the new "Smash Bro.s" came into existence... What ever that means, I fear if Celestia were to be forgotten, then the apocalypse would come onto us faster than a freight train. Don't forget about Celestia. A moon will hurt, and the sun will burn.

Sorry for the shortness of this article, but enjoy this game!

From: Gabbygums. To: A bow, a dictionary, and a chicken.

I'm enjoying my work. If you want to stop my work: come find me. Otherwise I have a big story to tell, and the response is predicted to be amazing! The Smelt Forge has gained so many hits, it's going to Canterlot.

A clue for two
leaving the one with something to do.
Diamonds will cry
and the wings no longer fly.
I go here often
my curious feelings soften.
Come find me
and save what is bound by thee.

In the clubhouse, with more rocks in the barrier, the three fillies reread the message on this short passage. It took them a minute realize that it was for them, I mean seriously? The dictionary and chicken was a given... and Applebloom wears a pink bow.

Sweetie shrugged and spoke in her shrill voice, "'Diamonds will cry'? Sounds a whole lot like Rarity on a bad day."

Rainbow's stalker rolled her eyes, "Rarity cries on a sofa almost all the time! Where does she get it? And 'the wings no longer fly' means fallen feathers. Feathers are usually made into quills."

"So what? The Sofa and Quills store?" Applebloom asked, getting their 'what?' looks on their muzzles.

"Is that an actual place?" the unicorn queried her young redneck friend.

"Yes it is," she replied, getting the hen's feathers rustled... something on her mind.

"Why would there be a store like that?" the orange questioned before realizing, "'my curious feelings soften.' Now I understand, its weird so I must get used to it.."

The trio donned disguises of mustaches, glasses, and red-gold capes as they left the clubhouse. Just like in Spike's comics about Super Mane, the ponies never recognized them nor question why or how they were in the clubhouse. Led by their now important earth pony, they scooted into the marketplace and into the sofa store.


An employee that resembled an orange Cheerilee in a green vest and emotionless face greeted them and continue to ask in a manly voice, despite being a mare, "Are you the gate keeper? Oh wait, wrong one... Excuse me, are you the apple, squeak, and scooter?"

The trio looked to each other before the best pony spoke, "What if we are?"

"Let 'em entar......... NOW!" came a booming voice, followed by black smoke. I swear, it reminds me of Sombra.

The mare's face turned red, but there was no change in her Maud-like facial features as she trotted over to a door, fumbling for keys. There was a wet spot on the carpet, hopefully it was apple juice they walked around. They felt no fear as they walked in until the room became darker and darker, then pitch black.

"Hello my little ponies," the voice said in the darkness, "My name is Gabb E. Gums and I have a question for you three... Have a seat."

The fillies fumbled around until they could find a sofa to sit on. Suddenly two red lights appeared, looking at them angrily. The eyes moved around until lights were turned on, blinding the four besides him for a bit... wait four?

"Oh you've got to be kidding me," said our chicken scooter.
"Why does he have Babs?!" exclaimed our bow apple.
"What I was expecting... was not that!" spoke dictionary squeak.

Across from them, behind Gabbygums was Babs Seed tied up and hanging over some iron quills. You know? The unlimited durability quill enforced with a lot of safety magic? Those times a billion without magic and dulled points.

"Who is this guy and why is he taking fillies off the street?!" Babs screamed from her high place.

"My name is Gabb E. Gums..." said Featherweight, still wearing his metal mask. He lifted his hoof to the air and