• Published 25th Apr 2015
  • 2,005 Views, 15 Comments

Ninja Pikachu - Raichu



Something is out there. It had powers that seem unstoppable. It is not of this world. It also says 'Pika' a lot.

  • ...
5
 15
 2,005

The Arrival

“HELP!” Scootaoo screamed as she fell.

She felt as if this was a huge mistake from the beginning. She had only been trying to glide by jumping off Rainbow Dash’s house when her wing cramped up. She shouldn’t have been up there in the first place.

She was spending the night at her sister’s house when they had an argument about her not being able to fly. Rainbow Dash insisted that Scootaloo should try some easier flight exercises but Scootaloo wanted to actually learn. Rainbow had ended up saying that Scootaloo’s wings were much too small at the moment and flight exercises were for her own good. This made Scootaloo angry and she wanted to prove to Rainbow Dash that she could fly despite her undersized wings. She was now falling to what she assumed would be her sudden and hopefully quick death. Below her, ponies pointed at her.

“Help!” She screamed, hoping that somepony, anypony would save her. Then again, ponies in Ponyville normally pointed and panicked when something like this happened and her best bet was probably Rainbow Dash who probably couldn’t even hear her. Who was she kidding? She was going to die.

Suddenly, a moving solid something knocked her off course and threw her across the air. She hit a rooftop and tumbled onto it. She blinked as she tried to get over her near death experience when a dark shadow came over top her and she looked up to see somepony standing next to her.

“Rainbow Dash?” She asked as she looked up. It was not Rainbow Dash and it was certainly not a pony. It was a creature that was about her size. It was wearing a ninja suit. The only thing that stuck out from under the ninja suit were two long yellow ears that had black tips. It smiled at her and ran to the edge of the rooftop. Scootaloo stared at it in awe and it stared back. Then it looked at her sideways and turned to leave.

“Wait! What’s you name! Who are you?” Scootaloo asked. It saluted her.

“Pika!” It said and leaned over the edge just enough so it fell as it saluted her. Scootaloo raced to the edge, but when she looked over, it was gone.

***

“You were saved by a masked creature.” Twilight asked Scootaloo in disbelief.

“Yeah!” Scootaloo said as Rainbow Dash stood nearby. Nurse Redheart looked the filly over.

“Well, no harm seems to be done.” Nurse Redheart said. “No physical injuries anyways.”

“What you saw might’ve been an illusion.” Twilight said. “You might’ve passed out. The wind could have gotten in your eyes.”

“Then who saved me?” Scootaloo asked. “It wasn’t Rainbow Dash.”

“Well, whatever it was, you might as well thank it the next time you see it.” Nurse Redheart said as Twilight glared at the Nurse. “I-if it even exists.” She corrected nervously under Twilight’s harsh glare.

“We don’t want to encourage an unhealthy overly active imagination.” Twilight said as Scootaloo hopped to the floor.

“You think I’m lying?” Scootaloo asked Twilight.

“Well, I think you were suffering from the shock of a near death experience.” Twilight said. “It’s natural to think that something mysterious and odd saved your life.”

“I know what I saw.” Scootaloo muttered.

“I know.” Twilight said. “Now move on. I’ve got to talk to Rainbow Dash.”

Scootaloo looked at Twilight who smiled at her and Rainbow Dash who stared at the ground. She turned and left angrily, feeling as though no one believed her which happened to be the unfortunate case.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

“You didn’t save her?” Twilight asked Rainbow once Scootaloo and the Nurse were gone. Rainbow shook her head.

“I didn’t even know she was up there.” Rainbow said angrily. “That kid…”

“Did something happen between you two?” Twilight asked and Rainbow turned to glare at the window.

“Yeah.”

“What was it about?” Twilight asked in concern.

“We were discussing those flight exercises I’ve been giving her and she told me she wanted to actually learn how to fly. Well, I didn’t want to push her too hard because her wings… are… you know, little undersized for a filly her age. I told her that and she got angry at me.” Rainbow Dash explained.

“I think she wanted to prove that she could handle actual flight exercises by jumping off the house.” Twilight said and walked over to her friend. “You should have just told her that it was for the best and that you didn’t want her to get hurt.”

“Yeah.”

“Well, what do you think saved her? It certainly wasn’t you so who did it?” Twilight asked.

“I don’t know. Ditzy maybe?” Rainbow suggested. “Whatever it was, I’m sure glad it was there.”

“A masked creature. Do you think somepony’s become another mare do well?”

“She said ‘masked creature’ Twilight. I don’t think so.”

“Then what would it be?” Twilight asked. “I wonder if it’s anything native to Ponyville.”

“Maybe. Why did you tell her that she was imagining things if you thought it was real?”

“Did you see her face, Rainbow?”

“No. Was she ok?”

“When ponies receive a near death experience, they normally fall in love with the one who saved them!”

“Um what?” Rainbow Dash began to laugh at that absurd statement. Twilight frowned however. “How do you know?”

“It doesn’t matter how. She needs to be told that it was a fake.”

“So she doesn’t fall in love.”

“Exactly!”

“And why shouldn’t she?” Rainbow asked as if this was all some kind of joke.

“The love is fake.”

“What?”

“The love isn’t real. What she feels for her hero is a fake. Trust me, the last thing she needs is to know that somepony probably did save her.”

“So if I saved her…” Rainbow began with a frown and Twilight shook her head.

“No! It only works when you don’t know who saved you! Besides, she’s a little filly. There’s no way she needs to go through this horrible process.”

“Process?”

“Look, Rainbow, I’ve been through this before. It’s not pretty.”

“Sure, Twilight.”

“I get it if you don’t believe me. But love can be destruction.”

“Uh huh.” Rainbow said in disbelief.

“I want to find out what that thing was anyways.”

“For science?”

“Exactly!”