• Published 2nd Feb 2015
  • 18,620 Views, 1,952 Comments

A Journey Beyond Sanity - Darkwing Dust



Somehow transported from our world to Equestria, a young man unwillingly arrives in the form of an Earth Pony. Join us as we explore Stardust Balance's adventures, aiding the Mane Six throughout the seasons, discovering friendship... And love.

  • ...
 1,952
 18,620

Chapters Next
Prologue: Once Upon A Time

Once Upon A Time.

In a land filled with magical talking ponies, where everybody- sorry; everypony lived in peace and harmony. Fueled by the power of love and friendship, Equestria was a world bathed in light, protected by its generous all-powerful monarchs - who for some reason apparently don't address themselves as "Kings" or "Queens".

One day: a young studious unicorn, Twilight Sparkle, student under the great - with questionable wisdom - Princess Celestia, discovers an ancient prophecy informing the return of the forsaken banished sister to the Princess. While those around her were dismissive of her worries to this reemerging threat, Twilight was sent to a smaller town from the kingdom she spent her whole life within, to discover the importance and power of friendship.

But you all know this.

And this is not her story.

This is my story.

Across another world, far from Equestria itself, a young man, a brony slowly getting his way into the show and its fanbase, disgruntled and disgusted with the planet and species he resided with, was one minute asleep in his average cozy bed, to suddenly finding himself in the middle of My Little Pony's Ponyville. What's worse: he found himself in the form of one of the world's species.

An Earth Pony, to be exact. How boring is that?!

Shocked, confused, anxious and incredibly angry, our young stallion finds himself thrust into the beginning of the first episode, all the way to the finale of the last.

As he aids the Mane Six in their quests with his limited knowledge and sarcastic wit, he seeks for the truth: how did he get here? Why him of all bronies? Why doesn't any of the monarchs call themselves "King" or "Queen"? Why are some of the villains so bland in their goals? Why doesn't Spike the Dragon have wings? Is there a pony mating season? If so, how best does he avoid it? Why do some ponies wear clothing while the rest don't? What is that forsaken voice in his head, repeatedly telling him to go assist the main heroes in their adventure?

And most importantly: why does he find himself so attracted to a certain studious purple unicorn? Doesn't that go against all laws of... Well, wrongness?

All these questions will be answered as he traverses through this new world to find a way to return home.

This is his - and by that I mean my - story.

Author's Note:

This story was originally intended for Fanfiction.net only, and as a bedtime story for me to read to my little sister. But then I discovered this site and decided to also publish it here. There will be some tweaks and differences from the version on the other site. This will be the only Author's Notes for a while as well. Chapters will most likely be published weekly. I hope you like the grand tale of my sarcastic grumpy OC who is meant to reflect me in real life. Please inform me of any mistakes (i.e typos and grammar) I made in any of the chapters.

Without further adu: sit back and enjoy.

Chapters Next