• Published 21st Jan 2015
  • 18,119 Views, 1,526 Comments

The Awakening of a Tactician - Mountainmanmad



A young man decides to attend a convention with his friends dressed as his favorite character from the Fire Emblem series. Next thing he knows he's in Equestria.

  • ...
72
 1,526
 18,119

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 31 - Putting Your Hoof Down

The following excerpt is from the Canterlot Times:

Several days ago, the town of Ponyville was visited by a traveling Minotaur. Said Minotaur goes by the name of Iron Will and runs ‘assertive’ training classes for the timid individual. It was during his stay that the Minotaur really spiced up the quaint village and locals say they could hear his voice when he spoke from even the other side of town.

It was towards the end of his stay that the incident happened. As most know by now, the mage known as Robin the ‘Tactician’ has taken up residence in the Everfree forest. Robin had slowly began to integrate into pony society and is now more or less welcome by the residents of the town.

It was early morning when Iron Will and Robin crossed paths while walking through Ponyville. According to eyewitness' the two got into some sort of argument which resulted in a strange confrontation.

According to the town's librarian, Robin was in town to pick up books from the library that day and the fateful encounter happened nearby. Robin, who reads often, was making the mistake of reading while walking. It was this mistake that caused the mage to walk into the large Minotaur.

In response to this mistake, Iron Will began demanding for apology. Eye witnesses claim that the bull was 'flexing his muscles' and 'tried to look threatening'. In response to these aggressive actions, Robin appeared, according to bystanders, 'uninterested' and 'bored'.

With Robin's apparent lack of interest, it angered the bull enough for him to start pushing his finger against Robin's chest. With the physical contact, Robin chose that moment to retaliate. The only problem is, he made no visible movement. Ponies swear that Robin won the battle without even lifting a finger.

Apparently, after Iron Will threatened the mage, Robin merely locked gazes with him which began a simple staring contest. Said staring contest lasted almost a minute before the peculiar event occurred. Ponies say that during the tension, Iron Will's face became more and more troubled until it transformed into outright terror. The bull, after the one minute time frame, immediately began screaming and running away in terror. In his mad rush to get away, he caused mild amounts of property damage. This lasted for almost five minutes until Iron Will blacked out. He was later taken into custody and dropped off at the Canterlot Asylum.

Iron Will is currently recovering from shock and refuses to speak to the doctors about what happened. The only information they could discern regarding his condition is that he's now terrified of the dark to the point where he's developed a phobia of it. In addition, the Minotaur often wakes from his sleep screaming about a "six, red eyed demon". Doctors and Officials alike are baffled as to how such a thing could transpire from a mere staring contest. Officials are unable to detain Robin for simply staring into another's eyes and for defending himself against an aggressor. In addition, the unicorns that had been employed to investigate the incident found no trace of residue magic, which only confused investigators further. Many of the townsfolk side with Robin, claiming he did nothing wrong and the bull had been causing trouble around town.

Canterlot Times attempted to schedule an interview with Robin, but was denied such. When reporters visited his home he continued to refuse and further threatened to take violent actions for trespassing on private property without a formal invite. The mystery still eludes Doctors and more information will be released once further testing has been compiled.

- Quick Quill

Author's Note:

I wanted to try something a bit different. It came out all right and it served its purpose.

PreviousChapters Next