• Published 6th Dec 2015
  • 4,138 Views, 142 Comments

Changeling Doll: White Lie - PiercingSight



White Lie has good intentions. He just hopes he can get them them see that. [Official Changeling Doll Canon]

  • ...
6
 142
 4,138

Stars

The cold night wind sent a shiver through the side of White Lie's jaw. That's when he remembered the gash from earlier.

"Dangit!"

Thinking quickly, he transformed back into Stately Writ, however, this time with wings. Thankfully, it seemed that the transformation hadn't undone the stitching, despite deforming it a bit.

Normally it was against changeling protocol to have both a horn and wings, for obvious reasons, but this was an emergency, and White Lie couldn't afford to risk bleeding out.

White Lie continued to speed toward Damascus' house.

But what was Chrysalis doing right now? Would she even be at Damascus' house? It was a bit odd that she appeared and disappeared so quickly. The entire castle had been put on lock-down following the incident, and considering there hadn't been any further problems, it seemed unlikely that Chrysalis was still inside. She wasn't good at restraining herself when angered. Had she fled?

Or did she plan for that?

Did she know I would go to protect Damascus' family?

If she hypnotized Damascus, it was entirely possible that she would know about their friendship, and that she would use it to-...

White Lie quickly flipped upside down and pulled up, diving hard toward one of the main city streets below.

"Cloak!"

"Your Highness! We're almost to the house."

"Change of plan, I won't be meeting you. You and the others take care of Damascus' wife and daughter. Make sure they're okay."

"Yes sir! What happened?"

"I'll explain later. Also-..."

As White Lie neared the street, he angled his approach, then kicked off of the ground with his hind hooves and pushed hard with his wings, launching him back toward the castle. He kept low to the ground, speeding toward the crystal heart at the end of the road.

"-the HMP will be me."

"What? No! Sir, you shouldn't-!"

"Just worry about yourself. I'll warn you of any threats at the house. Please trust me."

Silence.

"Good luck, sir!"

HMP or HiveMind Pulse. A changeling spell that allowed one to sense any and all nearby hivemind users by connecting to them for a short moment, and, if the caster so chooses, establish an indefinite link with any of them before it wears off. The more magic put into the spell, the greater the radius of its reach. However, due to its nature, it also severs all of the caster's existing hivemind connections prior to reaching out.

It is normally used to help establish temporary or even new hiveminds, such as in situations where a small stealth team wishes to be able to communicate with each other without potentially exposing the main hivemind. If one of them were to be caught, it is possible that a magic user could invade the mind of the captive agent and abuse the hivemind connection to gain information.

Another situation where it would be useful would be if a small group of changelings decided to break off and start their own hive.

However, there is one more, lesser known application of the spell, thought to be too risky to ever implement tactically, because a final effect of the spell is that it loudly broadcasts the location and immediate thoughts of the user to any hivemind user within range.

Clearing his mind, White Lie closed his eyes and cast.

In his mind's eye, a field of stars suddenly appeared in all directions. Some brighter than others. Each one broadcasting its thoughts into the world.

Scattered lights put off positive feelings about the cool breeze, the moisture in the air, and the minerals in the dirt.

A clump of thousands of tiny stars twinkled with thoughts of finding sugar and protecting the hill.

And six blindingly bright sources behind him put off thoughts, and even visuals, of a mare and her child.

But those thoughts were interrupted, and their attention suddenly drew to the new intruder into their minds.

White Lie kept his mind blank as he continued searching. Any thoughts or plans would be immediately revealed to every hivemind lifeform in the city.

Three more brilliant lights appeared in the distance. The warm, kind light from the crystal heart was too intense to even give attention to. But there was another inside the castle, moving swiftly down hallways and up stairs approaching the throne room. Its thoughts were murder. But it immediately recognized the mental intruder, and its attention slipped southward towards the final light.

Chrysalis was fleeing. Her thoughts focused on Canterlot and her revenge. Before White could process this, her mind flashed back in his direction, knocking him out of the spell.

White Lie blinked, restabilizing his flight path.

She can block that?

There was no time for those questions.

"Cloak! Three in the house, the mare and foal are alive. Keep them that way."

"Yes sir!"

And with that, White Lie pulled up, aiming for the path of the assassin on an upper floor of the castle.

Comments ( 14 )

I can't wait to see what happens next...

An update! :heart:

The dolls' true purpose, ready to activate!
Keep going! ;)

I. Uh. What? what is going on?

...

Clearly I need to reread this story, 'tis been too long.

8977620
I was reading it fast and don't get it either because of that.

8988082
That is alright, but not exactly what I meant I think.
Well I don't exactly compare reallife horses to cartoon ponies, but I think my main argument in that comment was, that if you do, that you maybe also consider what a hoof would do to the ponies/ other horses.

edit: Oh okay, I still don't compare them but I just saw that you had desribed a horse hitting a horse, which was what I wanted to know.

In several stories I'm not sure if the Changeling "armor" as it is described would even hold out a little bit more.

8988325
In this story, when the changelings transform, they are biologically ponies inside and out, no changeling armor. It isn't simply an illusion or "skin". And so a horse hitting another horse is the most appropriate way of thinking about it.

when is changeling doll getting updated or since their are two different authors their would be no real way to answer my question.

If that is the case then keep this one up good job.:pinkiehappy:

And with that, White Lie pulled up, aiming for the path of the assassin on an upper floor of the castle.

Nooo I caught up again.

This. This is an AU I wish wasn't apparently dead as it is quite nice.

10669390
[wiggles in ded]

I haven't decided whether or not to mark this as cancelled. I still have a story direction, but since it's also dependent on another story that hasn't gone far in a while, and probably won't any time soon, who knows if this will ever be completed.

10692258
If you do decide to cancel it, is it possible to have script on how it should have gone? Just to get closure. But I hope you can finish it, it's a really interesting story.

Login or register to comment