• Published 18th Jan 2015
  • 3,930 Views, 94 Comments

A League Of Spiders : Beginnings - Kamen rider yokai



twilight and the mane six plus two others are about to have a huge change in their lives that effects equestria on a more deeper level than before.

  • ...
8
 94
 3,930

Training & Teamwork

"You don't think" said Rainbow.

"That the spiders did something besides changing our looks" stated Applejack.

"That would explain the spider emblem on my aspect" said all eight at the same time.

"They were the mental representatives of whatever abilities we gained. Now I see why mine called herself Webs she tried to clue me in to what she was" said Twilight.

"So we all got spider powers? We all probably share some powers. Enhanced strength, reflexes, the ability to cling to walls, and a kind of danger sense is most likely. We got to figure out what else is unique to us alone" said Sunset thinking rationally.

"Well since it's morning we better get out of here uh twilight are you getting down from there anytime soon" asked Applejack.

Twilight jumped down. After the eight changed out of the hospital gowns back into their outfits from yesterday Fluttershy was just glad her clothes are supposed to stretch.

"Let's relocate to my current residence we might be able to use the basement to train and figure out more" said Twilight.

"Good thing too I currently live there" said Sunset leading the way.

The eight mares soon stood in the library basement that was just a empty room. They stretched and decided to test if they did have similar or shared powers.

Twilight and Sunset had brought down some three ton boulders to test their physical strength.

The eight nodded to each other and surprisingly lifted it with barely any strain.

"Yep looks like we got the strength of a spider in proportion to our bodies" said Twilight after they set them down.

"Now to test the wall crawling ability for this tying my wings together is a must Fluttershy normally doesn't use her wings much" said Rainbow knowing her muscle memory would try to make her hover instead.

Applejack volunteered for the job and as one but Twilight tried to walk on the wall and saw they could.

"This is possibly close to cloud-walking to you guys mighty similar but with solid objects than compressed water vapor" said Rainbow which made the nonpegasi wide eyed.

"Now the reflexes and the danger sense for this we are going to toss these rocks at each other" said Twilight passing out buckets of pebbles.

"Ready" asked Sunset.

They all tossed their rocks at each other and reflexes kicked in as all eight felt some kind of buzz in their head jumping to the walls.

"Sis looks like your right on all the shared powers" said Twilight looking to Sunset. Twilight and the others decided to see what other powers they had.

Rainbow tossed a rock at twilight only for the unicorn to react pressing her index and pointer fingers to the palm of her hand her wrist shot out a web that latched onto it and she swung it into the boulders turning the rock to dust.

"Whoa that's definitely your unique power twilight we don't have webs like yours" said Applejack trying the same maneuver twilight did.

"I have something similar but mine is shape shifting" said Trixie as her choker became like liquid and expended to transform her into the likeness of her aspect.

"That kind of looks like a costume a superheroine wears" noted Rainbow.

"Gosh darn it what is mine" asked Applejack before a red energy shot out of her hand and cracked the nearest Boulder.

" Venom blast interesting you got a long range move to fit your close range style" said Twilight.

"Mine must be based on my job. I got electric hands" said Rainbow seeing electric static between her fingers.

Fluttershy eeped as flames appeared in her hands.

"Guess I got pyrokenisis" said Fluttershy.

"Hey I can blend into shadows but with my aspect that must be obvious" said Pinkie stepping away from Fluttershy to prevent getting burned.

"Mine seems to me better magic control so looks like besides twilight I can use magic with my powers" said Sunset.

"Mine must be more mental im having definite ideas on machines and how to build them" said Rarity surprised.

"Mine is obviously like Twilight's here. So now what" said Trixie.

"We spar that's what, get a feel of what we can do, Trixie your paired with me, Fluttershy you get Sunset, Rainbow you get Applejack this leaves Rarity with Pinkie" said Twilight and everyone nodded.

First up was Twilight and Trixie. The two got ready and started. They tested out their reflexes with punches and moved their heads to avoid them. Trixie soon jumped into the shadows on the roof and tried a stealth approach. She fired a black web from the back of her hand and it struck twilight's back and got her stuck to the floor.

"Oh for the love of the sun and moon!" Shouted Twilight shocked.

"What happened" asked Applejack.

"Her symbiote can hide her from the danger sense that's what and considering Nightmare Moon is going to appear during the summer sun celebration we might be in trouble" said twilight making everyone's eyes widen.

"What!" Shouted Sunset.

"It's been exactly a thousand years since Nightmare Moon was sealed in the moon. I been thinking on why Princess Luna became Nightmare Moon. It didn't click until Soul said that his sister looks exactly like Luna's corrupted self and that Celestia knew about the Symbiotes. Luna had came into contact with one and it increased her anger and doubt and eventually took over her body. Nightmare Moon is the form Luna takes when transformed like Trixie" said Twilight.

"You mean that child story the mare in the moon is actually true! But the tale of two sisters state that the elements of harmony are the only things that can possibly stop her" said Sunset.

"I'm confused" said Rainbow.

"On the day of the thousandth year the stars will aid in her escape, the mare in the moon shall arrive and unleash night eternal. That's what I read and considering that I found a record of what year Luna was sealed. I did the math. In five days Nightmare Moon returns. This is why I am so gung ho in learning about our abilities I think we were supposed to get these powers to protect equestria from these kind of threats. My parents had a old saying they used to tell me before that distanced themselves. 'With great power come great responsibility' each of us were gifted with these powers and we got to use them responsibly. Trixie even said on the way here that she has to fight and defeat the rest of the symbiotes and that we are to help her. There is one book we need to find the elements of harmony. The Elements of Harmony a reference guide" said Twilight standing after Trixie removed the webs.

"That saying is the only thing that Twilight never forgot about her folks" sighed Sunset.

"Explains why your brother is captain of the guard he feels it's his responsibility to protect his home" said Rarity.

"I don't know about this but I doubt your lying about this and if your right mah family is in danger. Alright I'm in but we can't let anyone know about these powers though Celestia will figure it out, Trixie being around people with spider powers will tip her off. She's the only one we might trust with this. I hate lying but this is necessary to protect mah family the town is right next to the everfree and ponies around here hate anything out of the ordinary. They will call us a menace for having these" said Applejack.

"So we just got to make it so that when we use our powers they can't connect it with us" said Fluttershy.

"And Trixie's transformed state gives me a idea how to do that" said Rarity.

"Problem our long hair will give us away everyone knows what our hair looks like plus I'm the only one with hair like this" said Rainbow pointing at her multicolored mane.

"Not if us unicorns work together to weave a illusion matrix in our costumes to change our hair color and I got a spell to incorporate the traits of gems into the dresses I make. It's how I make my designs built to last for years to come. The spell has been in my family for generations and my ancestor was the one who made Celestia's outfit" said Rarity.

"Of course that will work" said Twilight.

"But our suits have to not look identical. We need to tell each other apart" said Rainbow.

"I already got a idea for my suit. Let's make our suits based off our aspects and mindscapes. I got some noire like stuff from my Granny pie that belonged to my grand farther. Mainly son fatigues, a bullet proof vest and a utility belt. Rarity can make some fitting gear to the suit" said Pinkie making Rarity nod.

"Of course that will work can you go get them please I need to see what I'm working with" said Rarity.

"I will go design my own my aspect has a color scheme that will work for me. Let's change our hair to match our aspect's own that will fix the hair problem" said Twilight.

"Me and Fluttershy will need tech in ours. Oh so that was what my aspect was building that will work for me so well" said Rarity.

"I got a lab back at canterlot but I'm only here for the celebration" said Twilight.

"Maybe you can ask Celestia to stay here" said Applejack.

"I know I can trust Gilda to help us. She has powers as well. She's one of those mutants popping up. Her power is telepathy. She's got psychic abilities. She can help us stay in touch with each other during patrols just in case" said Rainbow.

"You accepted her for who she is" said Twilight awed.

"I don't leave my friends hanging. Gilda acted like a jerk before I befriended her. She was exiled from her country because of her ability. She just needed a friend to accept her for her" said Rainbow.

"Well that's some good news. But you all should know I already have a sixth sense. My body has random twitches and I found specific twitches always correspond with something happening for example a twitchy tail is a warning that something is going to fall. Added with this danger sense of ours and I think I now can be the sensor of the group" said Pinkie.

"Remember we still have to set for the celebration. I'm the entertainment for after the celebration" said Trixie changing back.

"I'm in charge of music I got some birds that love to sing" said Fluttershy.

"I'm in charge of food, I called to the rest of mah clan to help out with the farm there" said Applejack.

"Obvious what my job is here" said Rainbow.

"Decor" said Rarity.

"I'm in charge of setting up the party before Celestia raises the sun" said Pinkie.

"I'm to help with the Princess' speech. Though might have to change it if we manage to free Princess Luna" said Sunset.

"Well good to know. Now let's continue sparing and than get ready for the event" said Twilight.

"Right" said the girls.

Twilight nodded and they continued to spar getting a feel for each other's abilities and skills. Twilight knew that already they had a deep bond with each other. The eight were already tied by fate the same day they got their cutie marks and these powers they now had just deepened that connection. If she had to make friends she already knew that these six and her sister were the ones she will have no trouble making.

(End chapter)

Author's Note:

Well that ends the three part prologue next up is arc one the nocturne princess arc. I hope your excited to see what is in store.