• Published 19th Jan 2015
  • 4,207 Views, 83 Comments

Changing Colors - DiscordFan



The Mane 6 hold a meeting discussing changes, and consider welcoming a new species... Until the five of the Mane 6 find out who the new species' leader is!

  • ...
38
 83
 4,207

5

Queen Shimmering Dusk was nervous. She had laid her first egg yesterday! Chrysalis had told her that it took at least twenty-four hours. It had been twenty-three hours, fifty-seven minutes, and forty-two seconds. Forty-three. Forty-four.

Ooo... I'm so excited, girls! My first drone! What are we gonna name him. And just so you know, Chrysalis already confirmed it's a boy!

How about... Spectrum!

Emerald!

No way! Apples!

I nominate the name Blue Cake!

Um, Laughing? Why Blue? If you don't mind me asking...

'Cause a changeling's eyes are blue! Duuh!..

Girls!? Seriously!? You're just naming him after your pony names!

You know, changelings are usually referred to as numbers.

Well... I'm the Queen of the Hive so I can change the rules!

... That's true...

Hey! What about me!? I think we should name him Blue... Warp!

Thorn... You're a genius!

What did I do?

We'll name the drones a color than 'Warp!'

That's actually a great idea... Warp... Yes...

It's decided! We'll name him... Cerulean Warp! Agreed?

Agreed! *CRACK*

... He's hatching!!! Go, go, go!

C'mon every-ling. Cerulean Warp is waiting for us! The changelings ran to the black basket that the egg was laying in. It was the size of a newborn foal, round, and green. *crack, CRACK*

"My baby is hatching," screamed Dusk. She began buzzing her wings nervous-exci-ti-ly. And Laughing, before you say anything, yes, I used nerv-excited.

Aw... Thanks, DiscordFan!! You're welcome, Laughing...

Hey, Laughing? Who are you always talking to?

Nopony. You are talking to nopony, Laughing Flip-Flop!

Nopony! Good... Thank you, Flip-Flop.

You're welcome, Nopony! <facehoof> Back to the story...

*CRACK, CRACK, SPLACK* The egg had hatched revealing a tiny changeling, but he was a little different. He had a cerulean mane (too much of a coincidence) and tail, and his eyes were a little darker than cerulean. Shimmering Dusk picked him up and began cooing at him.

"Welcome to the world, Cerulean Warp. Welcome, my first son," she whispered. She nuzzled him. He grabbed her muzzle. She smiled. He was the first of many.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Queen Shimmering Dusk was now laying two or three eggs a day. Some were drones; some were harvesters. The drones, as you already know, are boys. The harvesters, you may have guessed, are girls. The boys were name a color and 'Warp,' and the girls are named 'Changing' and a color. Shimmering Dusk, however, simply called them "C 'color'" or "'color' W." The other older changelings did the same.

"Alright, girls," Shimmering Dusk said, "It's time to teach one-week-ers how to fly!" Every Saturday, the adult changelings we're going to gather up all the changelings that had been born that week. Once they did that, they were going to teach them a lesson on "How-To-Be-A-Changeling" with Chrysalis' help. The baby changelings were lined up. Cerulean Warp, Red Warp, Changing Indigo, Mustard Warp, Changing Magenta, Changing Coral, Teal Warp, Changing Violet, Pink Warp (a changeling that Laughing absolutely loved), and Changing Periwinkle. So Shimmering Dusk had laid eleven eggs.

Dusk, darling! I still can't believe you laid eleven eggs. The changeling population will be back to normal in no time!

I know! I can barely believe it myself! *CRACK, CRACK, SPLACK*

I'll get him/her, Queen.

Thank you, Shifting. Shimmering Dusk had finally grown use to her title, and she held it proudly. She would give life and protect her children, no matter what! She was the most determined Queen of the Hive Chrysalis had ever seen (or seen through past queens' memories)! Chrysalis was happy she had chosen wisely, unlike some of her past actions. She winced at the thought.

Aww... Don't worry, Chrysy! We've forgiven you!"

Laughing, stop breaking the forth wall and getting every-ling's thoughts and emotions when we want to keep them private.

Whoa! You can break through the forth wall too, Chrysy?

THAT'S IT!! What the BUCK is the forth wall!!?!

Here, Dusky! This is How to Break through the Forth Wall for Idiots! I wrote this book a while ago! Dusk's eye twitched. She wrote a book on what she does!? *CRACK, CRACK, SPLACK*

Shifting?

Already on it, Queen Dusk. I'm already on it. And just so you know know, they're both drones...

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Queen Shimmering Dusk was lying on her bed. She was tired of hiding from Celestia! It had been a ten years now, and she was still repopulating the changelings.

"Mommy," a buzzing voice asked. She rolled over to see her oldest child. She smiled. He was her favorite, not just because he was her first either. He was smart, he understood, and he was an excellent combat-fighter. Dusk's children had to at least have been here for five years. He was the best. He picked up on moves fast, and he planned strategics with a poker-face. He was now ten-years-old. When he was eight, he began... changing. Instead of only one color for his eyes, they became dragonic like Mommy's and his Aunts'. His horn now had holes in it. His mane and tail sported new colors, such as purple, red, and orange, but cerulean was still dominant. But... all of his changeling-siblings hadn't gone through this. Just him. In fact, when he turned ten, Mommy had titled him a prince, and renamed him from Cerulean Warp to Sundown Shifter.

Prince Sundown Shifter. Her first son, and the first royal-born. Shimmering Dusk loved him dearly.

"C'mere, Sundown," Dusk smiled warmly. Sundown Shifter came rushing over to snuggle with Mommy. He curled up against her barrel. She wrapped her wings around him. Dusk smiled again. "You will make the Sun go down, Sundown Shifter. You will avenge our changelings... You will destroy your pony-uncle for harming our changelings. You will change our fate, forever..."

Comments ( 27 )

5552744

If somebrony actually likes Shining...

WHAT THE BUCKING BUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5552772 You and me both sistah! (Are you a girl? :twilightblush:)

5554817

Haha!!:rainbowlaugh: :rainbowwild:Yeah, don't worry about it!:twilightsmile:

Well didn't you just change your way into Taco Tuesday? :duck:

5555123

And I hate tacos.

5555152
i'm sorry want something else its just a title i'm a master sort of chief so anything else i can give you

5555200

No, just,like... what!?! No, why? Why a Taco Tuesday video? Just curious!

Is it bad to say that Changeling Twilight looks kinda hot?:unsuresweetie:

5630285

:rainbowkiss:

:rainbowlaugh: No! No, it's not!

5630577 *sighs* Good.
I was starting to get worried there for a second.

Whoa! You can break through the forth wall too, Chrysy?

:pinkiehappy:Finally an author who realizes how much pinkie breaks the fourth wall , and that she is not the only one who does it.
encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRn3t8M3rUhogz7cprnH16XK9PPFJazYujX598-p1OosmlLPSsqgA

P.S. You have earned my like and fave

5850245

You like others breaking the Fourth Wall? Then check out Nurturing Chaos (I'm too lazy to put a link down). I Fourth Wall breakers in that too.

It gets kinda hard to tell sometime when their always interrupting though...

5630285 that's what caught my eye

6153561

Thank you for pointing these out. I'll go fix them.

Why not just 'show Shining the error of his ways' by having Dusk give him an orb. Besides, it's not like Chryssie made a good first impression. Actually, why not 'free' all of the other princesses. Luna in particular would appreciate it since she can probably remember Celestia controlling her. Which reminds me, my new headcanon for this universe is that babies are born crying because Celestia's spell takes hold the moment they are born.

6154200

Oo... I like that headcannon...

And because this was my first story. I didn't think everything through at all.

You could always add it as bonus chapters. Perhaps Dusk has a change of heart when she goes to kill Shining and ends up converting him instead. From there Cadence would follow willingly due to her love for Shining and they sneak in to convert Luna under Celestia's nose.

6154267

Naaah... I'd rather have Shining killed. Actually, I don't remember what I was planning in the sequel. Meh. Whatever.

6154291
In that case, you could split it into a 'good end' and a 'bad end'.

6154310

No, I looked at my plan. No dead Shinings here. Drat!

6252111 in the show's canon yes. This story doesn't exactly follow the show's canon though.

6290348

Maybe. I don't know.

6380798

This was my first story I wrote, second published.

6841319

I know, right!?:raritystarry:

One of my firsts. I've gotten better.

Well this was rushed to hell and back. But it did kill time at work and was fairly amusing sooooo time we'll spent.

Login or register to comment