• Published 19th Jan 2015
  • 4,210 Views, 83 Comments

Changing Colors - DiscordFan



The Mane 6 hold a meeting discussing changes, and consider welcoming a new species... Until the five of the Mane 6 find out who the new species' leader is!

  • ...
38
 83
 4,210

2

Each of the six former ponies had their eyes closed, but then they all snapped open at once.

"T-Twi? What in the buckin' hay happened to us," screamed Applejack. The others were just as curious, and poor Spike just watched his best friends become monsters (in his opinion).

The purple changeling took a deep breath and said, "We have been reborn and learned the Truth. A-and I think that w-we should pick new n-names?" The purple changeling braced herself for a verbal assault that didn't come. The yellow changeling spoke up.

"Alright," she said, "I will be... Shifting Kindly." The light-gray changeling blinked.

"I will be," said the light-gray changeling, "Morphing Charity." The blue changeling pondered for a moment. She was the former element of loyalty, but to what?

Finally she decided, "I am Bending Loyalty." She struck a pose for emphasis. The orange changeling shook her head but decided.

"Ah' m Honest Change," she said proudly while sticking out her chest. The pink changeling looked at the ceiling for a few minutes.

She finally said, "I am Laughing Flip-Flop!" The purple changeling scanned the room, surprised at her friends' willingness. Her worries disappeared.

"Spike," she said, "Would you like an orb?" The small dragon looked up, shocked for a moment, fear the next, but finally determination.

"Yes," he confidently stated while stomping his left foot. The changeling queen that had been forgotten for a moment, made an orb appear and levitated it over to Spike. The young dragon studied for a moment, but he did swallow it. Suddenly, he felt the pain the former Mane 6 felt minutes ago. His fangs became sharper. His scales, darker. His spikes retracted into his skull, causing him to scream in pain. A horn, about the size of a unicorn foal, but curved, sprouted above his forehead. Dark green wings, matching the color of his eyes, shot out of his back. His mind was filled with information. Celestia being a dictator. Luna being brainwashed. Twilight... Twilight and the Mane 6 being lied to. Spike was no longer Spike.

"I," he announced, "am Morphing Thorn." The purple changeling nodded and turned around to look at Chrysalis. She was smiling.

"Young changeling," she spoke regally, "I see it fit that you take my place as queen, for my subjects died long ago."

"Please take my place... Princess Shimmering Dusk."

Author's Note:

I know, I know... this chapter is even shorter, but in my defense, I'm writing what's being put into my brain by (possibly) God. So shut. The. Buck. Up. That will be all

-DiscordFan