• Published 19th Mar 2016
  • 1,697 Views, 113 Comments

True Story - Eyeswirl the Weirded



In the face of ambiguity as to what happened between Blueblood and Rarity the day he came to town, curiosity and wild guessing run rampant.

  • ...
3
 113
 1,697

Bonus Chapter 2: Remember She Likes THOSE Books

In the week following the whole rumor debacle, Blueblood dropped by the Carousel Boutique to claim the suit he'd been promised.

"The craftsmanship really is something," Blueblood said as he looked himself over in the new tuxedo, "it's really only lacking in minute details!"

"Why thank you, I-" The proprietor's smile froze, then went very, very rigid as she forced herself to giggle. "Excuse me, what was that last part?"

"Oh, nothing," he said with a chuckle, "it's just now that I'm actually able to look at one of your designs up close, I can see the tiny, but numerous imperfections, like the inelegant angling of the buttons, or one sleeve of the jacket being just a few millimeters longer than the other. Not to worry, though, nopony can expect Canterlot Quality™ out of a Ponyville establishment."

Teeth clenched and one eye twitching, Rarity managed to hold the smile. "Haha, funny, then, because that might explain why you were sent here. Certainly can't have a Canterlot Quality™ prince who behaves so boorishly, belittling ponies' work and insulting them to their face."

His own fake smile much more rehearsed through many, many high society parties, he chuckled again. "Ohh, I wasn't insulting anypony. If I wished to insult them, I might say that their mane style was fashionable ten years ago, but today makes them look like an out-of-touch tart trying too hard to fit in with the Elite crowd."

Visibly burning with barely-suppressed rage, Rarity stepped closer, her 'civil' smile barely intact. "Oh? That would be amusing, especially if it were to come from a pony who just lets their mane fall anywhere like a ragged mess!"

A nerve struck, so did Blueblood. "Then it is a pity that no such sentiment was expressed by any such pony, for the only thing resembling such a style, for those unversed in mane care-" Rarity flinched as though she'd been slapped, "-would be the very deliberately-styled windswept look, for those who could tell a swept look from an unstyled one when they saw it. Pity such ponies are in such short supply, is it not?"

Breathing heavily, Rarity's eyes narrowed. "You cad."

And they launched at each other, hooves scraping against the other's fur as their lips locked, tongues furiously-

Oh, good grief, Sister...

---

"What?" Still holding the little white unicorn figures she'd been using for demonstration purposes, Princess Celestia hadn't lost her smile. "Hasn't anything like that happened yet?"

Standing next to the mortified Princess Luna, who tried in vain to cover her flushed face with one hoof, Blueblood answered in a tired deadpan. "No, though I should have known how you would respond to those ridiculous stories."

"You think that is bad," Luna muttered, "try living with her!"

Blueblood smiled a little. "Been there, done that."

Sharing understanding, sympathetic looks, the two giggled, but Celestia silently confirmed that things remained chaste between her nephew and the seamstress. She was still rooting for Trixie, but that didn't make the thought of a dramatic fling any less exciting!

Author's Note:

In hindsight, I should have published this one first. :derpyderp2:

Comments ( 14 )

personalty I would prefer to ship Blueblood be shipped to Sunset Shimmer.

7723880

Between Trixie and Sunset, he would try to geld himself and live in celibacy.

A hilarious ending to a good story. Perhaps it's my shipping goggles, but does it seem like in the end Pinkie has developed a bit of a crush on Blueblood? I might be biased because one of my favorite all time romances on this site was with that couple. Nevertheless on the whole I agree with Princess Celestia. :trixieshiftright:

Trixie's version of the tale is of course the greatest, BTW. Overprotective Shining Armor was also great.

She was still rooting for Trixie, but that didn't make the thought of a dramatic fling any less exciting!

:twilightsmile:

But who does Celestia ship for her niece and her three students? Hmmm?

LOL! Excellent wrap-up to this story. :-D I really loved the exchanges, emotional content and humor all through out. And, yeah, I really liked Trixie and Celestia sneaking in THEIR spins even AFTER the mess was cleared up. :-D

TFW you forget reading all the other stuff in a series and have to go back and skim through it to remember just what is going on.

Celestia silently confirmed that things remained chaste between her nephew and the seamstress. She was still rooting for Trixie, but that didn't make the thought of a dramatic fling any less exciting!

Well, I guess that gives Trixie a bit of a lead, then :trixieshiftright:

No, not Trixie. Ship Bluebird and Pinkie Celestia!

8094744
From these people, apparently. I confess I've never done deeper research into the matter. :derpyderp2:

8094768 YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!:pinkiecrazy:

I just finished reading all of the Stallionverse stories (except for Sunny, Moonie, Twily). These stories are all incredibly well-written, and I am greatly looking forward to future installments!

8623052
It's too bad that there won't be any new stories, but I respect your decision. Thank you for creating a universe such as this, and I wish you the best in your future endeavors.

8623138
I didn't create it, but I'm glad you enjoyed what Jetto and I wrote. For what it's worth, Sunny, Moonie, Twily is still pretty fun itself, and may even get a finishing chapter some day. :pinkiesmile:

Login or register to comment