• Published 16th Jan 2015
  • 809 Views, 13 Comments

I'm In Love With A Changeling - GameMare



Two different species of ponies will fall in love, will they live happily ever after? Or be torn away never to see each other again.

  • ...
1
 13
 809

A Peaceful Day Or So It Appeared

I was snuggled into my bed sleeping soundly until Speedy threw my door open, causing it to slam. He walked over to where I was sleeping and started to bounce on my bed. I woke up to see his smiling face, making me groan in frustration, while putting my pillow on top on my face.

“Get up, Cream Field!!” Speedy sung and threw the covers off me. “Princess Cadence said she has a surprise for all of us.”

I leaned up and Speedy jumped off the bed and skipped out the door, going down the stairs. I looked in the mirror, shook my head to fix my mane, and then flicked my tail getting it smooth. I spread my wings, seeing that some feathers were out of place. I started to nip at them, smoothing my wings down, making sure they were clean. When I was done, I shook my wings and started to walk out my room.

Upon seeing that Alteris and Evala had their heads in the fridge, I simply shook my head and gave Metal Feather an angry face.

“Oh, good morning Cream Field” He smiled towards me. His bright smile disappeared when he saw the look on my face. “What’s up? Bad dream? Tummy ache?”

I rolled my eyes, “You’re teaching Alteris and Evala to be just like you,” I said, pointing towards the two. “It’s bad enough you stick your head in the fridge, I don’t need one pony and two changelings doing the same.”

“Oh right, come on you two grab what you would like to eat and close the fridge. Uncle Cream Field doesn't like it when I do it.” Metal Feather smiled as they grabbed their food and closed the fridge.

I saw Alteris that was still a crystal pony. He had an apple held in his mouth and sat it on the table.

“Could you make Evala and I something with this red thing, we've never seen anything like it before,” Alteris smiled brightly.

“That is called an apple, their popular in a town called Ponyville. We have them shipped here from Sweet Apple Acres,” Metal Feather smiled, picking up the apple, slicing it.

“Apple? Ponyville? Sweet Apple Acres?” Evala repeated.

“Why don’t you have apples here?” Alteris asked.

“Well, apple trees, that’s what apples grow on, can’t live here because our soil isn’t fertile enough to grow any crops. So we get all our fruits and vegetables from Ponyville and neighboring towns.” Metal Feather answered dipping the apple slices into something creamy then placed them on a baking sheet.

“Wow, there is so much to Equestria! How will a changeling discover it all?” Alteris smiled “Silkana would read us stories about the two royal sisters, but that’s all she could get her hooves on. She would go out once a full moon and try to find old books, but sometimes the books would be too torn to read.”

As Alteris spoke, Speedy flew out of nowhere and tackled Alteris, who laughed loudly. They both started to play-wrestle as Metal Feather pulled the glazed apple slices out of the oven.

He then placed four or five slices on plates, while putting them on the table. Alteris and Evala took a small bites, then their eyes shined, while a huge smile slipped onto their faces. They ate the rest of the apple slices and drank some apple juice.

“That was amazing, Daddy,” Evala said, then frowned. She looked at Metal then looked down “I mean, um….”

Metal walked over to Evala, nuzzling her gently, “You can call me Daddy if you wish.”

Evala smiled, then ran to the restroom with Alteris, so they could brush their teeth. I finished my apples and placed the plates in the sink, washing them. Speedy walked outside and started to trot around, spreading his wings.

When everything was finished we all walked to the castle, where all the crystal ponies were gathered in front of the castle. I saw Silkana, who ran over to me and hugged me. She didn’t say a word. I stared at her for a moment until we all saw a carriage being flown down. All of us walked next to the Princess, Prince, and Captain Meta who bowed at us. I couldn’t believe it! The famous six ponies from Ponyville!

“Twilie!” Prince Shining Armor smiled and hugged the famous Princess Twilight Sparkle. She then pushed back the stallion and started to bark at him.

“Why didn’t you tell me you stepped down from the rank of captain?!” The Princess growled. “It’s like your wedding all over ag-," Before she could finish, she turned to see Captain Meta who puffed out her chest.

“Uh, Shining Armor? Why is there a changeling wearing the royal armor? More importantly, why is there a changeling in Equestria?!” The Princess’ horn lit up as her wings spread apart with a gust of air. The other five stood beside her, angry at the changeling, ready to fight.
Captain Meta pushed her ears back, backing up slowly. Princess Cadence stood in front of the purple princess and hugged her.

“This is Captain Meta. She and three other changelings joined us in the Crystal Kingdom.”

“No offense, Princess Cadence,” Rainbow Dash started, “But are you crazy!! Changelings are what almost took over Canterlot, who almost trapped you and Twilight forever, and almost stole your husband!”

“I know it may seem like an odd thing to do,” Princess Cadence stated, “but these four aren’t like Queen Chrysalis. They are loyal, gentle, and loving. I think there might be a changeling who has been wanting to meet you ever since she heard about you. Silkana, would you please come here?”

Silkana walked over to Princess Twilight Sparkle, bowing in respect.

“Wow I can’t believe I am meeting the unicorn who became an alicorn. Who learned about the good in magic and friendship.”

Silkana almost cheered in glee. I smiled at her joy, looking towards Princess Twilight who was giving a forced smile.

“I was hoping you could befriend Silkana and teach her the magic you’ve learned.” Princess Cadence smiled, wrapping her wing around the other alicorn.

“Anything for you, Cadence,” Princess Twilight smiled. She then looked at Silkana and all of us walked into the castle.

Princess Twilight looked at me as we made our way into the castle. “You must be the Lieutenant? Am I correct?”

I nodded “Yes ma’am. I am Lieutenant Field but my friends call me Cream Field.” I pointed towards the two stallions beside me “This is my brother Speedy and our friend Metal Feather with his adopted the changeling foals, Alteris and Evala.”

Rarity stopped and turned to see Evala, who was hiding behind Metal Feather’s foreleg. We turned slightly to see Rarity who smiled at the filly. “Well hello there, Evala. Your mane is absolutely beautiful! It’s very poufy, it looks like my little sisters’ mane. No holes? How is that possible?”

“That is a good question, Rarity” Princess Twilight said. Captain Meta then walked into the room, looking at her. “Could you tell me everything there is to know about a changeling? I know nothing about them, other than what I saw years ago.” Twilight asked Captain Meta.

“Well of course, we changelings are a very odd race,” Captain Meta smiled. “When fillies are born, they always have a full set of a mane and tail. After fillies grow into mares, their hair starts to change and they eventually form holes.” I looked towards Silkana, who spoke up looking at the princess.

“But when it comes to colts,” Silkana looked towards Alteris. “They are born with no hair because colts are born only to serve the Queen as her workers or army. They were never given that gene when our race was created long ago.”

“Who was the first changeling ever known to pony-kind?” Princess Twilight asked.

“None of us know, only Queen Chrysalis knows and she forbids any pony from reading the documents or asking about it.” Silkana sighed. “I would know, I tried and lost my position in the hive guards. That was just a warning.”

“So why did you come to me to learn magic? When I last saw Queen Chrysalis she knew all kinds of magic,” Princess Twilight said as we walked into the library.

“All was for evil, I always believed there was good magic.” Silkana said, as her and I sat on the couch. “I only know teleportation and lifting spells, nothing like you know.”

“Well I could teach you, but you would to follow my rules and no funny business.”

“Funny business! That sounds like a laugh!” Pinkie Pie cheered, who then jumped onto Speedy. They both started to laugh while making funny faces towards each other.

“Well, it sounds like we all are going to have our hooves full with meeting each other,” Rarity smiled “I must create a design for you four! Although, I’ve never designed dresses for changelings.”

“I might get a kick out of this. Maybe I can make some delicious apple recipes for ya’ all to try” Apple Jack said, while Evala and Alteris cheered, jumping up and down.

“What are you going to do, Fluttershy dear?” Rarity asked.

“Oh I might take Evala and Alteris out for a walk to see the animals. They look like they would have fun.” The pink manned mare smiled.

“And you Rainbow Dash?”

The blue mare just snorted “I don’t know why you all are being nice to them! Their QUEEN tried to take over Canterlot! They could be spies and they could just be waiting until we let our guard down and BAM” Rainbow Dash flew in the air and threw a punch. “We go down like a tower and they have the Crystal Kingdom.”

“Rainbow Dash!” Apple Jack barked “One, Alteris and Evala are just babies. Two, Silkana here barely knows any magic, that’s why Twilight will able to stop her, no offense of course,” Apple Jack frowned at the mare who just simply smiled. “Three, the other pony here with strength is Captain Meta and she was afraid of us when we came this morning and now? We are bein’ rude to them, trying to act big!”
Rainbow Dash flew down rolling her eyes, “That doesn’t mean it’s not an act. You’re so gullible AJ.”

“What can we do to make you see that we’re only here because we want to fight for good not evil?” Silkana frowned.

“Race me” Rainbow Dash grinned “If you beat me then you win my trust.”

The six friends started to argue saying “It was a stupid idea” and “It’s obvious Rainbow would win”

“I’ll do it” Captain Meta said, stepping up. She looked down at the mare, who then flew up and met her glare, more powerful than the Captains.

“Right now” the blue mare grinned.

Rainbow Dash and Captain Meta walked out to the field with all of us following. Speedy and Pinkie pie were still talking about nonsense, still oblivious of the situation at hoof. Silkana and I stood beside the rest the pony friends, while Evala and Alteris played with Metal Feather.

Princess Twilight was up high in the clouds with Captain Meta and Rainbow Dash. At the sound of a “GO” both raced around the field as fast as their wings could take them. All of us watched in “awe” as the two were neck and neck, but the loyal pegasus was quicker. When the dust cleared both of the two were crouched, wings spread, panting, and eyes fixed on each other. Princess Twilight flew down and her eyes grew, she looked towards the two in front of her, then back at us.

“I don’t believe this,” the purple alicorn said “Captain Meta you lost, Rainbow Dash won.”

I saw Captain Meta’s eyes lower and her emotion changed as the blue pegasus gloated and cheered. I then looked down and saw my Captain who had her head low and eyes fixed shut.

“Hey, you flew really fast” Rainbow Dash said, actually feeling bad for winning “I mean no pony has ever gotten close to being as fast as me other than the Wonderbolts.” My captain picked her head up, eyes open slightly. “Look, I’m not saying I trust you just yet. It’ll take some time, but maybe you can be a nice flying partner, alright? So cheer up?”

The changeling lifted her head and smiled looking down at the mare before her. “Okay.”

Pinkie Pie and Speedy jumped in cheering, “This sounds like a great time for a PARTY!”

In the Crystal Square, a party was being held with Speedy and Pinkie Pie as the hosts. The changelings were laughing and having fun. I’ve never seen so much happiness since the Crystal Heart was returned. Evala and Alteris sat with Metal Feather, Apple Jack, and Fluttershy (who mostly talked to them about animals) as they ate most of the delicious apple sweets that laid before them. The rest of us played the games and talked about anything that came to mind. Rarity pulled my captain away into a building close by.
We all looked at each other, then gasped as Captain Meta came out with a stunning red, orange, and yellow dress on. The changeling’s mane was tucked back into a bow with little bits of hair down in the front. She wore a bow that changed color from the main colors of her dress. The top bit of the dress was yellow and the sleeves went down her forelegs and flared out, and an orange belt wrapped around her waist. The long red dress draped around her tail almost reaching the ground. Captain Meta looked at herself and spun a couple of times. She stopped, looking at Rarity, who then hugged her tightly.

"Thank you, Rarity" Captain Meta cheered.

"You're welcome dear, I have dresses and suits for all of you ponies!" Rarity said as she walked into the house, a smile plastered on her face.

The mares went into the house Rarity walked into and got changed. Us colts went into the other house and got into the suits laid out for us. Alteris had some trouble putting on his suit, but with the help of Metal, he was dashing. We exited and the mares were already finished waiting for us. I gasped when I saw Silkana's dress.

Her dress was glittery silver that sparkled in the moonlight. It had beautiful white roses that laid on the lower part of the dress. I then looked down and saw Evala with a tiny pink ballerina outfit on with a giant bow wrapped around her waist. Metal Feather picked her up and nuzzled her. I walked over to Silkana who was laughing with Rarity. She looked towards me and I bowed, she giggled slightly and bowed right back.

"Care to dance?" I asked as the music softened.

Silkana took my hoof and we pressed our chest together with our cheeks touching and both danced slowly. I looked over seeing Evala and Metal dancing together, while Alteris and Captain Meta danced. Silkana and I closed our eyes, but when I opened them Silkana was looking up at me, smiling.

"The party is already over, Field" Silkana giggled.

I blushed slightly and nodded. We both walked to the castle where the rest of the group was, all laying in front of the fire, talking. Alteris and Evala were soundly asleep next to Metal who was talking to Rarity. Fluttershy and Apple Jack had already fallen asleep while the rest were trying to keep their eyes open, all while still talking softly. Princess Twilight greeted us and we laid down beside each other. Silkana laid her head on my foreleg and my head rested on her head. Rainbow Dash was the next to fall asleep, then Metal Feather and Captain Meta, after Princess Twilight and Pinkie Pie soon fell asleep. I was the last awake and I looked out the window staring at the moon. I slowly got up and made my way outside to the balcony. The moon sparkled and so did the surrounding stars. I blinked, seeing Princess Luna who stood in front of me. I bowed quickly.

"Lieutenant Field" Princess Luna spoke as I rose my head "You have done remarkable work. You have shown Princess Twilight and her friends that there is kindness in a changeling"

I was about to say 'Thank you', until the alicorn before me spoke again. "But Princess Celestia and I fear that Queen Chrysalis will take her revenge and Equestria, I fear she won't only take the love away, but destroy pony-kind."

Fear rose in my voice "H-how can we stop her?!"

"My sister and I are discussing how we can bring safety to all ponies, but in the meantime, do not speak a word to any pony," Princess Luna stated. "We do not want to put fear into the ponies and cause a panic, so for now keep this to yourself, alright?"

I didn't speak, only nodded. She brushed her muzzle against my cheek, then started to disappear into the starry night sky. I sighed, then walked back into the castle laying down beside Silkana once again with my head on her neck and my wing wrapped around her body.

I promise nothing will hurt you my love, I promise to the Sun and the Moon that I will protect every pony. Even if my life is put on the line.


When morning came, we all ate some apple recipes Apple Jack came up with, which made Evala and Alteris jump for joy. After breakfast was over, all of us went outside and Rainbow Dash was teaching Captain Meta some new tricks and moves. Speedy was teaching Evala how to fly while Metal kept a good eye on her. Silkana and I went on a walk towards the Crystal Tree.

My vision then began to blur and the air around began thicken as if I was being forced to lay down. I looked over, but Silkana was nowhere to be found. I panicked and the whole world turned black, but the Crystal Tree was still bright and shiny. I ran towards it but stopped as the tree started to glitch, fuzzing in and out. I gasped to see Silkana next to the tree, her back turned. A giant black pony came out from behind the tree. I tried to run, but I felt my legs weren't getting me anywhere. Then the black pony lit up the tree in a fiery green blaze with its magic and the tree shattered.

I covered my face then looked back to see Silkana in front of me with a blank expression, sporting half lidded, dull eyes. I held my hoof out to touch her face but she burst into flames. I saw the black pony rise before the green fire. I gasped to see it was Queen Chrysalis. She grinned at me and I heard snickers and laughter. I began looking all around me, seeing nothing but her army.

"There will be a war soon, better be ready to defend yourself." Queen Chrysalis cackled. Then everything went quiet and I couldn't see anything. I heard a familiar voice calling out for me. It was Speedy, his voice was in a panic and it sounded like he was crying. I opened my eyes to see a white ceiling. Turning I saw Speedy, Silkana, and Captain Meta sleeping in chairs. I looked around to see I was in the hospital. I lifted myself up, then whimpered in pain holding my side. I saw bandages wrapped around my ribs. I looked at Captain Meta who was staring straight at me, she sighed in relief, and got up setting her hoof on my leg.

"What happened, Captain?" I asked

"I don't know. You and Silkana left the field, next thing we knew Silkana was running back, crying and screaming. We ran over to where you were and saw your eyes were a solid bright green, then you burst into a strange familiar green flame." Captain Meta answered. "We all were so worried you wouldn't wake up, Speedy and Silkana have been here since you were brought here."

"How long have I been here?" I asked

"You've been asleep for four days" my captain said, looking down. She had a smile on her face when she looked back up, "But you're awake, and every pony will be thrilled."

"Cream Field?" I heard a soft voice speak.

I looked behind my captain to see Silkana, then Speedy both looking at me, they both started to cry and ran over to hug me. I hugged them both as they cried into my shoulders, I then started to cry, nuzzling them both.

"Hey there little bro" I heard an awfully familiar voice speak.

I opened my eyes and all four of us turned to see it was Speedy and I's big brother, Golden Luck. The bright golden yellow pegasus grinned, then was tackled by Speedy's hug. Speedy and I haven't seen him since our mother passed away. He patted Speedy on the back, then walked over to hug me tightly.

"When I heard what happened, I got on the next train and came straight here, it took a couple of days because my train kept getting cancelled due to snow." Golden Luck explained himself. I just hugged him again, just happy knowing he is here and safe. "So that's why I'm not leaving ever again. I felt just awful knowing I left you and Speedy by yourself," he responded after. He looked over at Silkana and smiled, "You must be my brother's mare-friend, I was talking to Metal Feather before I came and he told me all about you and my little brother."

"Oh, yes. It's nice to meet you Golden Luck," Silkana smiled wiping the tears away.

"You're okay we her being a changeling?" I asked.

"Little bro, Love is Love." Golden Luck smiled to me "It doesn't matter where you came from or what kind of pony you are, if you love her and she loves you, it was meant to be."

I nodded at his wise words. Golden Luck was always good with helping other ponies. He always knows the right words to say, I think he got it from our grandmother. I snickered lightly to myself.

Even if Queen Chrysalis will come with an army, we have twice as many soldiers and twice as much love.

Author's Note:

GOLDEN LUCKS BACK!!!

LONGEST CHAPTER SO FAR!!

I just figured out that this might end soon and I don't want it to, Maybe I shall do another chapter will two special some ponies. Maybe the cutie mark crusaders could stop by and say hello.

Next time~

Comments ( 2 )

When is the next chapter ready? :pinkiecrazy:

Um... I'm worried. Why there isn't a new chapter?

Login or register to comment