• Published 14th Jan 2015
  • 2,538 Views, 54 Comments

OC, Oh Crap! - SmokeShadow95



Three humans end up in Equestria. Three friends who have no idea what they're doing most of the time. Things will not be easy for them in Equestria. From being naked to dealing with danger these three will have plenty of shenanigans to deal with.

  • ...
10
 54
 2,538

New Lives

The next day came too soon. The day before had been long for all involved. Every pony and other thing was exhausted by the end of the day, whether they knew it or not. Twilight more so than anypony else. She had to use her last bit of magic to teleport all of her friends as well the three strangers back to her castle. She did it. . . barely.

Twilight collapsed from all the teleporting she had done that day. Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash carried her off to her room. Fluttershy said goodnight to them all before flying off with Twilight, much to Dash's annoyance. That left three ponies left with three strangers. Nobody there knew what to do at that point. Until a certain baby dragon walked in.

The doors to the throne room opened up and an unhappy looking Spike walked in. His steps were heavy and slow. A wide yawn escaped him. He looked half asleep. “Alright. I was this close to falling asleep when you all showed up.” Spike held up two fingers until they were barely touching. That was close. “Now, would somepony like to tell me why I was woken up from what I was sure was going to be a good nights sleep?”

“Sorry, Spike, for wakin' ya up and all,” Applejack said, “But these three need rooms here in the castle, and we ain't sure where to take 'em.”

Spike's face changed when he realized what three she was talking about. It was bad enough earlier when it just the one with long hair. After all that he took the Cutie Mark Crusaders out for milkshakes. He needed to unwind. Now there were two more, and one of them was even bigger than the other two. He stared up at them for a few moments. His eye twitched slightly and he did not speak.

“Just lead the way, Spike. Ah will go with y’all.” Applejack said warmly. She just wanted to leave herself. She was tired too. It was late. Spike leaned over a bit and looked past Applejack. Applejack followed his gaze and knew what he was thinking. “Yes, Pinkie can come too.”

“YAY!” Pinkie exploded with confetti as she leaped into the air. She stopped in the air and looked down at Applejack. “Wait, where am I going?”

Applejack just sighed as she left to follow Spike. Pinkie walked down from her place in the air and followed them. The three strangers all shared a look of confusion, amusement, and tiredness between them. After that they all followed the ponies who followed the dragon.

Spike lead them all to a hallway not to far away from his and Twilight's rooms. He would have liked to have them farther away, but he was too tired for that. One by one, he showed each of the strangers to a room. Each room was side by side in the hallway. Each of them said goodnight and turned in.

The next day came too soon. Sunlight poured in through the windows, and probably shone through the crystal structures of the castle somewhat. Austin rolled out of bed with one last yawn. He was rather reluctant doing so. The bed was soft and warm and comfortable, but he left it anyway.

He had taken his shirt off before sleeping and thrown it over the back of a chair. He took it up and was about to put it on when he saw something. He also had a large standing mirror in the corner of his room. He saw himself in the mirror, but it wasn't himself. At least, not all the way, not how he remembered himself. And Austin liked to believe that he knew himself pretty well. It wasn't really that different. It was a couple of things. He was never the skinniest or strongest of people before he came to Equestria. As he looked over himself in the mirror he could see that he was most definitely thinner than before. And there were some definite muscle that was starting to show. Austin gave a small chuckle at his own image and threw the shirt on. Just then a knock on his door drew him away from the mirror.

The door opened up to reveal Twilight herself standing there. Ben and Tessla stood behind her. Ben looked awake and ready for the day. Tessla looked like he was ready to go back to bed.

“Come on, sleepyhead. It's time for breakfast.”

Breakfast. One word that would always get Austin moving. He quickened his step and practically bounded out the door after Twilight. She lead the way a foot or so in front of them. The three of them took the opportunity to talk.

“Anyone else wake up feeling different?” Austin asked.

“I have been feeling different since the moment I got here,” Ben replied. It was only then that Austin noticed he was wearing the green coat. He pointed at it and raised an eyebrow.

“I don't have any other clothes.” Ben explained, “Unlike you two, Rarity never gave me anything.”

“Anyway, what did you mean by 'different', Austin?” Tessla asked.

“Okay, this may just be my imagination, but I swear I am different. I am thinner. I have a bit more muscle. It may be just me, but I don't know.” Austin illustrated his point by gesturing his hands over his stomach and tracing lines down his upper arms.

“And you think what? The fall caused it?” Tessla asked.

“I don't know, and that worries me a little.”

Any further talking was cut off. It was actually Austin who stopped it all. Even though he was deep in conversation with his two friends he still paid attention to what was going on around him. He noticed that Twilight had stopped walking and stopped the three of them before they ran over her. She glanced behind her momentarily before the walking continued. Interesting.

They made their way to the dining hall. Before they even entered wonderful smells drifted out on the air. It passed through the group and swirled all around each of them. Except for Twilight all those present took in the deepest breath they could of that delicious scent. It promised that even more delicious food was coming. Oh boy, were they ever right.

Twilight took one last turn and brought them all to the doors of the dining hall. The doors glowed with the power of Twilight's magic and slowly opened. Tessla, Ben and Austin waited until they were fully open. Every pony from before was inside. All the mane six, except for one. Even the Cutie Mark Crusaders were all present. Twilight walked in and took her seat at the long table. The three strangers were stuck for a moment.

“Well come on in, fellas.” Applejack waved them over and pointed to a few seats at the table. “Ah didn't spend all mornin' cooking this up for y'all to just stand there.”

Of course. Applejack made breakfast. That explained all the smells and the food. It also explained why Tessla and Ben were drooling a little bit. Austin smiled and took a seat next to Fluttershy. Next to him sat Ben, and Tessla took the last seat. Next to him sat Apple Bloom. She glared at him and made the hoof to her face and then to his gesture. She wanted him to know that she was watching him. Tessla returned the gesture before moving for some food.

Soon after the whole table was abuzz with activity. There was talking and laughter and even a little food throwing. Rarity got on Sweetie Belle about that. Sweetie Belle proclaimed her innocence while Scootaloo snickered in her seat. Meanwhile the strangers were all enjoying their breakfast.

Among the food served that morning there were delicacies like apple pancakes, apple breakfast tarts, and other apple related foods. There were also some simple things like oat cereal and eggs. Tessla helped himself to the latter. He was a simple breakfast type of guy. There were also drinks such as apple juice, orange juice, and plain milk.

Austin got a large plate full of apple pancakes and some apple juice to go with it. He didn't even know they made apple pancakes. A little bit of syrup and it would be as good a breakfast as he can imagine.

After everypony and other thing was done getting their breakfast Twilight made an announcement. She had been patiently waiting for a chance to speak and now was it. “Excuse me,” She said. “Excuse me. I have an announcement to make.”

No pony was listening to her. They were all deep into their own things. There were a few that were looking up at her, but it was far from all of them. Twilight groaned and her horn flashed. Magical covers appeared and covered up every plate on the table that was being used and some that weren't. Not everypony was happy at this. Rainbow Dash glared at the cover, as if hoping it would shatter under her gaze. Apple Bloom hammered hers with her fork while Scootaloo attempted to wrestle hers off. Needless to say none of the attempts worked.

Twilight smiled as everypony and thing looked up at her. “Now, as I was saying. I have an announcement to make. This pertains mostly to Tessla, Austin, and Ben, but that doesn't leave you ponies out of it either.”

“Uh, Twilight, can you get to the point,” Rainbow Dash asked. “My pancakes are getting cold while you're talking.”

Twilight groaned again. “The point is that the Mayor and I are going to introduce the three of them to Ponyville tomorrow morning. Until then, I want you to stay here in the castle and out of sight. Can you do that for me?”

“I think we can handle that, Princess,” Austin said.

“Good.” Twilight's horn flashed and the magic covers vanished, revealing the food once again.

Rainbow Dash almost literally dived back into her breakfast like it was an island of pancakes in an ocean of syrup. Scootaloo was still wrestling with her cover when it vanished. She fell right into her bowl of cereal. That got a big laugh. Breakfast went on as usual after that. Everyone ate their food, drank their juice. Twilight watched as they all talked and laughed.

It was a good breakfast. No, it was a great breakfast. And then came the time to clean up. Twilight's castle was still missing pretty much all of the normal royal things. That list included a kitchen staff to clean the dishes, so she was stuck doing it herself. At times like that she was so very happy she had magic. Fluttershy helped her with the dishes while the others cleaned off the table. It was a bit of a mess.

Applejack strapped Apple Bloom's hooves with some scrubbers while Rainbow Dash brought the soap and water. She splashed the table and Apple Bloom scrubbed it down good. At one point she slid right off the table and into the waiting hooves of her best filly friends. They all laughed and threw Apple Bloom back onto the table.

“Well, they seem to have this under control,” Ben said. “Which makes this a good time to bring something up.”

They moved off to the side and out of earshot of the ponies. “What's up, Ben?”

“Okay. I was up last night thinking, and something occurred to me. We are in Equestria. We're actually here, but we're here as people. What about our OC's?”

Austin had an answer. “Just add that to the list of answers we need to find.” Even if it wasn't the one they were looking for it was one they expected.

Austin's response was met with a heavy sigh. They needed a lot of things. Answers most of all. At the moment they had none. So they just stood there and accepted the fact that more questions were going to be piling up.

“What's an OC?”

This time everyone jumped. Austin and Ben and Tessla all leaped back. When they looked back they saw that it was just young Scootaloo standing there. They took a moment to collect themselves again and calm down a bit.

“You guys are pretty tense, you know that?” Sweetie Belle walked up and stood with Scootaloo. “Either that, or you're just really afraid of Scootaloo. What did she do this time?”

“I overhead them talking about something called an OC, whatever that is.” Scootaloo told her filly friend.

“Hey, were you eavesdropping on us?” Tessla asked. He was half joking. The other half actually wanted to know what she knew.

“I was not eavesdropping,” Scootaloo defended. “It was more like overhearing with intent.”

“Okay then,” Sweetie Belle said. “So, what is an OC anyway?”

“Its just something from our world. I don't think you would understand.” Austin told them with a smile, hoping they would leave it alone. He should have known better. This was CMC he was dealing with. Luckily, he was saved by a couple of big sisters.

Applejack and Rarity walked over to the group. Apple Bloom had her saddlebags for school on and the older ponies were carrying the others. Without warning Applejack dropped Scootaloo's bags down onto her. They were a bit heavy. Scootaloo was busy remembering how to breathe while Rarity gently helped Sweetie Belle with her bags.

“There. Now off to school with you three. You can talk with these three later.”

The three young fillies all trotted off on their way to school. However, they were stopped before they even made it to the doors of the dining hall. Applejack ran up to them and looked them right in the eyes.

“You three know you can't tell anypony 'bout this, don't ya? Nopony can know about these three. Not yet anyway.”

“Yeah, Applejack. We know. Can we get to school now? We're gonna be late if we don't hurry.”

Applejack nodded and they were off once again. Scootaloo boarded her scooter as the other two climbed into the wagon behind it. They were going to make it to school on time. No need to worry. Unless you're Rarity. Then you always find something to worry about.

Rarity let out one her big and dramatic gasps. GASP! When everyone looked at her they saw that she was staring at none other than Ben. He was just standing there, drinking some orange juice. It took him a second to notice all the eyes on him.

“What?”

“What do you mean 'What?'?,” Rarity asked dramatically. “How could you not tell me that I neglected to make you some fine clothing as I did for those two?”

“Oh, I was going to, but then I got distracted by breakfast. It was delicious, by the way.”

Austin and Tessla echoed this fact. Applejack blushed a bit, but that faded quickly. “Thank ya kindly.”

“This is unacceptable. Unacceptable I say! You are coming with me!” Ben's coat began to glow and Rarity dragged him so fast his glass of orange juice hung in the air for a moment.

“Rarity, he can't leave the castle. You can't take him to the boutique.” Twilight yelled after her as she rounded the corner out of the room.

“Then I shall bring the boutique to him,” Rarity yelled back.

Twilight sighed and turned back to Austin and Tessla. They were staring at Ben's glass of orange juice which was still in the air. Even Twilight was kind of puzzled at that. Austin reached out a hand and grabbed the glass. Nothing happened. Absolutely nothing. He took the glass and set it on the table. Still nothing. Guess it really was nothing but a normal glass of orange juice. Okay then.

Well, that was that. Breakfast time was over and it was time for the ponies to get back to their daily lives. Applejack returned to Sweet Apple Acres, Rainbow Dash went to take a nap before she changed the weather for the day. It was sunny for now and could wait. Pinkie Pie went to do. . . whatever it was that Pinkie Pie did in her free time. Roll around in the park maybe. Fluttershy went home to her animals. As for Twilight, she had a busy day of royal duties ahead. Spike would be helping her with that. That left two with nothing to do.

As each pony left for their own reasons Tessla and Austin were left to their own devices. They left the dining hall and headed in the general direction of their rooms, maybe. They thought they were. As they walked they talked.

“So, we can't leave the castle. What do you think about that?” Tessla asked of Austin, who seemed to be deep in his own thoughts. He usually was.

“I think,” Austin said after another moment of thinking, “That I would like to see the library in this here castle.”

“OOH, the library. I forgot about that. That would be nice.”

“Well then it's decided. Off to the library we go. Just one problem.”

“What's that?”

“Where in the hell is the library in this place?”

Meanwhile. . .

“Hey, Rarity. Not there. No, that needs to stay there. No! No, no, no! I am keeping those.”

“Oh, please. It is completely normal-”

“Naked is not normal!”

Rarity backed away from Ben. His outburst surprised her greatly. She assumed he was simply a gentle giant, but he did have some spunk in him. And now that he was down to nothing but his skivvies he was showing a lot of it. Ben grabbed the nearest screen and hid behind it. Rarity rolled her eyes and finished the pair of pants that she had been working on for him. He had specifically requested that she incorporate some pockets on the sides of the legs for extra carrying space.

Rarity finished up the final stitching on the pockets and lifted the pants over the screen to Ben's waiting hands. He fumbled around with the pants. They were a nice medium blue color the he liked. She had made plenty of shirts for Tessla and Austin already and now she just used her magic to make a few larger to fit Ben's larger frame. She chose one of the white shirts she had. It was rather plain, but she got the impression that him and the other two strange creatures like their clothes that way. Plain. It did, however, have an intricate dark blue border around the sleeves and collar. The blue around the collar dipped down into an inverted cone like pattern.

“Oh, I like this shirt, Rarity.”

“Thank you. Mixing the two colors was a nightmare, but I was quite up to the challenge.”

“I believe it.” Ben stepped out from behind the screen for the first time wearing his new clothes. Although they seemed plain Rarity had to admit it was some of her better work, given the strange conditions she had work with.

“Well, now that I have some clothes, what will you do?” Ben asked of Rarity as he inspected his pockets.

“You have a ceremony tomorrow, yes? Why, you will need some of the finest clothes I can produce, and I have yet to make them.”

“Then you better get going. I'll be fine here, restricted to the castle. You have work to do.”

“Darn right I do!” Rarity shouted to both of them. She lifted up some of the larger items that she brought with her and ran out of the castle as fast as she could.

Ben was left standing there, alone. At least his new clothes were comfortable. He moved out the doors and started wandering the halls of Twilight's castle. He was moving in the general direction of his room, and then he remembered the thing he forgot. His coat. It didn't really fit in with his current clothing, but he would like to to keep it with him anyway. He raced back to the room and snatched it up real quick like.

“Okay, now all I have to do is search an entire castle for two people. I wonder where Tessla and Austin are?”