• Published 14th Jan 2015
  • 2,537 Views, 54 Comments

OC, Oh Crap! - SmokeShadow95



Three humans end up in Equestria. Three friends who have no idea what they're doing most of the time. Things will not be easy for them in Equestria. From being naked to dealing with danger these three will have plenty of shenanigans to deal with.

  • ...
10
 54
 2,537

More Questions

Subject: Spike the Dragon

Description: Small, covered in scales, purple and green in color

Location: Currently unknown

Leads: Carousel Boutique, Rarity

Subject believed to meeting with Rarity at some point in the day. We will-

“Tessla,” Ben said, “Please stop doing that.”

“Sorry,” Tessla said. “I got bored just sitting here and waiting for Spike to show up.”

“We've only been sitting here for, like, a minute,” Ben responded. “Come on, lets go and talk to Rarity.”

Ben stood up off the bench and started walking over the boutique. Tessla hopped up to join him right after. The boutique seemed to be a bit busier than they expected today. Lots of ponies were going in and out of the shop. They went in bare, as naked as they normally were, and they came out wearing beautiful masterpieces of fashion that only Rarity could create. It was surprising to see so many ponies out and about at that hour. It was still pretty early in the morning.

Ben opened the door and three ponies stampeded out before he knew what happened. He was safe on the side as he opened the door. Tessla was not so lucky. He was right in their path of destruction and could not escape in time, even with the powers of chaos at his disposal. Ben looked down at Tessla, who looked quite literally flattened with hoofprints up and down his body. He looked like a cartoon character who had just been, well, run over by a stampede of ponies.

“Tessla, you okay?”

A shaky hand raised high and gave Ben a thumbs up. Tessla picked himself up and he popped back out to look normal. He was kinda shaky at first but got his legs back pretty soon after. He nodded to Ben and they walked inside the boutique finally.

Rarity was buzzing around the place in a flash. She moved from one side of her shop to the other in an instant. She always had something she was doing. Cutting some fabric there and placing it on a pony sized mannequin, cutting ribbons down to size and tying them around other dresses that were still unfinished. And she was doing all of this in a complete and utter style of grace. She would say that no matter what she does she does it as a lady.

“Hello, Rarity,” Ben said.

Rarity stopped in her tracks and looked over at him. She smiled wide as she laid eyes on him. “Ben! Just the human I wanted to see,” She said happily, “And whoever you are. Your name escapes me at the moment.”

“Tessla,” Tessla said. “My name is Tessla.”

“Right. My apologies, Tessla. This morning has just been a very stressful one,” Rarity explained. “I had to make twenty dresses for some fancy party. I get the eighteenth one completed and then they come in and tell me they need all the dresses in a lighter shade of blue, and with emeralds instead of opals. I almost said no, but I do need the business. It has been kinda slow around here lately.”

“Well then, we won't keep you away from your work,” Ben said. “Just wanted to ask you a few questions.”

“I have no time for questions, but I can work and talk at the same time,” Rarity said. “You let me design an outfit for you and I will answer any questions you have.”

Rarity was already leading Ben away as she was talking. Ben wasn't going to say no anyways, but this just kinda made up his mind for him. Ben was lead up onto a small platform surrounded by mirrors on the back and sides.

“Alright,” Rarity said. Ben felt a small tingling sensation travel throughout his body. “First step,” Rarity began. Ben felt his clothes tug. It was barely there, but he could feel it because it was all of his clothes. “Let's get these clothes off you.”

“AAHHH! My eyes!” Tessla shouted as Rarity forcefully, and magically, disrobed Ben down to nothing.

“AAHHH! My clothes,” Ben shouted. He grabbed the nearest thing he could find. It was a scrap of spare cloth Rarity wasn't using for anything at that moment. He immediately used it to cover up his. . . ahem. . . jewels. ”Rarity, a little warning next time.”

“Oh, right,” Rarity said as she remembered something, “You humans have a thing about clothes. How did you put it before?”

“Naked is not normal,” Ben said.

“Well,” Rarity said with a huff. “Too bad. If you want your questions answered, you will just have to deal with it for the time being.”

“Bu- Wha- I mean-,” Ben stammered. “Tessla, are you okay?”

Ben looked past Rarity to see where Tessla was. He had fallen to the floor before and now he was gone. In his place was a white chalk outline. Ben could barely register it as the doors to the boutique shut again as Tessla was carried out. A moment later another pony flew in. A messenger flew up to Ben and offered something in his hoof.

“Telegraph for you, sir,” He said.

“You certainly are popular today,” Rarity said as she hovered the measuring tape along Ben's bare legs. He shivered as he glared at the telegraph.

“Could you please read it to me?” Ben asked the messenger pony, who gave him a blank look. “There is an extra bit in it for you if you read the dam telegraph.”

The messenger pony ripped open the envelope and produced a small piece of paper.

“To Ben,

AAHHH! My eyes! STOP

I think I might have died. STOP

I'm at least scarred for life. STOP

I'm going to see Zecora. STOP

Oh, and have fun with Rarity. STOP”

“Damn you, Tessla,” Ben cursed under his breath. “You abandoned me here? Now?”

“Darling, you must quit moving,” Rarity demanded as she tried to measure Ben's backside. Suddenly, a shiver ran through him and Ben could think of little else other than leaving this place and getting his clothes back.

“Well,” Rarity said after a moment of silence, “What is it you wanted to ask me?”

“Oh, right,” Ben said. Maybe focusing on the task at hand would help him get through the whole ordeal. “Have you seen Spike today?”

“Yes, he stopped by earlier. It was before I got so busy,” Rarity answered. “Why do you ask?”

“We heard something about Austin and Twilight and heard Spike knew something about it.”

GASP! Rarity stood up quickly on her back legs and placed her forhooves on Ben's chest. “You heard about that? How scandalous, isn't it? Who would have thought, Twilight and Austin. I mean, it's obvious they are crazy fro each other, but so soon.”

“Whoa, whoa, whoa,” Ben said, “Slow down. What happened between them?”

“This is what Spike told me,” Rarity said. “Apparently, he was up late one night reading his comic books again. He saw Twilight leave her room and she did not return alone. A while later Austin left in a hurry. And all this was well after midnight. But you didn't hear this from me.”

“Okay,” Ben said. He was already curious about it but now he was determined to find the truth about what happened. “Next question: Do you know where Spike is now?”

“Yes, I believe he said something about going to Sweet Apple Acres for some reason I cannot recall,” Rarity said as she was taking her final measurement. At least, she was trying to.

“Ahem, Ben, dear,” She said, “I can't take all the correct measurements if your hands are in the way. And that cloth.”

“Dammit,” Ben cursed under his breath.

===

Now was the time. Austin was ready to go. He had everything with him that he needed. He took one last moment to go over everything in his head. Had he taken care of everything that he needed to? His room was locked, his books shelved and organized, Ben and Tessla knew about him leaving. Yeah, that was the important stuff. He almost laughed at the thought of shelving and organizing his books being so important. Most of them were magic books and they could cause problems if left out. Austin took a breath and continued walking. He was going to meet Twilight outside.

Austin made his way through the castle quickly. He wanted to get to Canterlot as soon as possible and get this whole mess sorted out. These dreams of his were haunting him every night. He was barely getting any sleep at all at this point. And what little he did get was far from restful.

He half jogged his way through the halls of the castle. He could almost see the outside. He would be laying eyes on the doors at any moment. He could practically feel the cool, gently breeze already. He took a deep breath to take it all in, and then it hit him. Austin doubled over quickly, before even a gasp could escape him. He clutched his head with his hands.

“What is-” He groaned out. “Gaaahh!”

Images flashed before Austin's eyes. He knew they weren't real, and yet they were. There was something familiar about them. The images. A barrier of light. Two figures, separated and apart from each other. Tears flowing, both of them crying. And then light. Light, a flash of light that is blinding an unbearable. Austin fell to his knees as he held his head between his hands. More images poured into his mind.

An arm, bloody and separated from the body it belonged to. A figure, large and in pain. Blood poured from him. He was suffering greatly. And then there were crystals. Crystals, placed by him and overtaking him. The crystals were to become one with this figure. They took the pain away. But what did it all mean? The final images were just as confusing as all the rest.

Eyes, twisted and contorted. Anger. rage had taken root and corrupted this person. The eyes shifted in color, never staying the same. Power erupted from this person, great power. Power and anger came together, and with it brought pain, suffering, and death. Nothing could stop it. Not words, not actions. Not pony, or human. And finally there was just black.

The whole world fell to silence. Austin slowly opened his eyes. He had them closed so tightly. At first it was just a blur and then the world came into sharper focus. It was a slow transition, but Austin managed to get to his feet as it happened. Whatever it was that just happened to him was not a dream, and that scared Austin more than anything else in this world or any other.

===

A few days went by after Austin left. Those days were fairy quiet. Not a whole lot happened. The days passed by in silence. Twilight was in Canterlot with Austin. The rest of the Mane Six were still in Ponyville, along with Ben and Tessla. Which was a pretty good thing seeing as how they got an unexpected visitor one day.

He walked through the middle of town. His eyes scanned over everything and everyone. He didn't mind as so many of the ponies passed by him and stared. He was definitely a strange individual to them, not something they had often seen. And so he stood there. Watching, observing.

“Zakir. Is that you, Warchief Zakir?”

Indeed it was the Warchief of the Zebrican Nation. He stopped and turned to the voice that was speaking to him. It was none other than Mayor Mare. She trotted up to him with a genuine smile on her face. He smiled back at her in kind.

“Ah, yes. You are ze Mayor, correct?”

“Indeed I am,” Mayor Mare said. “I received a notice from Princess Celestia saying that you might stop by. You should have sent word ahead, we could have prepared a little party for you.”

“Dat is very kind of you,” Zakir said, “I suppose I should have. I have heard many zings about this town, Ponyville. I had to zee it for myself before I left to go back to the Nation.”

“Well, if you would like I can give you the grand tour of our little town,” The Mayor offered, her smile never fading.

“Of course, Mayor,” Zakir replied, “But you must be very busy mare. I wouldn't want to take you away from your duties.”

Mayor Mare looked at him. She still had that smile on her face. It was all a show, however. On the inside she was panicking. She didn't know what to do. This was not a situation she was familiar with. A zebra stood before her, and he was so nice and reasonable. What was she going to? It's not like the answers were just going to fly right by her. Or were they?

“Hello, Mayor,” Fluttershy said as she fluttered by the Mayor on her way to the market.

“Fluttershy!” The Mayor blurted out suddenly, catching Fluttershy off guard and startling her.

“Yes, Mayor? Did you want something?”

“Fluttershy, have you met our guest? He is not only new to Ponyvile, but to Equestria,” Mayor Mare asked. “His name is Warchief Zakir.”

“Please, just call me Zakir,” He said to Fluttershy. Fluttershy looked up at him to get the first real good look at him. She had seen him at the party a few weeks before, but that was not a good look. The light was all wrong and there were several ponies blocking the way. And now that she finally saw him, she was nervous.

Zakir was a Zebra. He was just like Zecora in that aspect. That was pretty much where their similarities ended. For the Zebra standing before Fluttershy was big, enormous. He stood at least half a foot taller than most fully grown stallions. Dark stripes curved and angled all over his body. They flowed through his coat, seeming to shape the musculature he had. He was wearing the same simple cloak that he had been when she first saw him, but she could still tell that he was rippling with muscle. And then there were his eyes. They were a deep yellow, like that of a painted sun. They looked down onto the nervous mare. Fluttershy could tell there was more to his eyes, even though they looked at her with nothing but kindness and warmth. All in all, Fluttershy found this zebra to be very intimidating.

“N- n- nice to m- meet you,” Fluttershy barely squeaked out. She shakily offered a hoof and flinched when Zakir actually shook it.

“Yes, well Fluttershy, I was wondering if you would be kind enough to show Zakir around town a bit,” Mayor Mare said to her, her tone implying that she was more telling than asking.

Fluttershy's heart was already pounding, but it skipped a beat when the Mayor said that. Fluttershy, nervous and timid and scared. She wanted her to show him around Ponyville. What was the Mayor thinking? She couldn't do this.

“Okay,” Fluttershy said quietly. Mayor Mare smiled a bit wider and trotted off happily as a near disaster was once again averted by the convenient timing of one the Mane Six. She was so happy and jubilant that she never even noticed how much Fluttershy's legs were shaking.

“Your name is Fluttershy, correct?” Zakir said, startling Fluttershy even more.

“Wha- Oh, yes. Fluster- I mean Fluttershy,” She stammered out in response to him, “My name is Fluttershy.”

“Well zen. Where do we begin, Fluttershy?”

Fluttershy lead Zakir through town. She made sure to keep at least a ponies length, from tip of nose to end of tail between them a tall times. Zakir either didn't notice or didn't care, because he never brought it up. Fluttershy quietly told him all about Ponyville as she lead him through the main streets. The two passed by many familiar places with many familiar faces to greet them.

Roseluck waved at them as they passed by before getting back to watering her flowers. The CMC raced by them a couple times. They were caught up in another one of their crusades again. What it was they were trying this time was anyponies guess. Those three together were nearly as unpredictable as Discord himself. Zakir found it heartwarming the energy and spirit in those three little fillies. And as they walked along they came across another pair of familiar faces. However, these two were slightly less pleased to see Fluttershy than the others.

“Fluttershy!”

“EEP!” Fluttershy let out the small sound and hit the ground with her wings covering her face. Even Zakir was startled by the sudden sound of the raised voice. He shifted his hooves as if ready to fight, but it never came to that as he saw who it was talking at them.

“Fluttershy,” Her name was said again, this time quieter as the voice that said was closer. Lyra and Bon Bon approached them. Neither of them seemed what Fluttershy would call happy.

“Fluttershy, where is Austin?” Lyra asked, annoyed.

“Oh, well,” Fluttershy said as she stood back up on all hooves. “I don't know where he is. I haven't seen him in a couple days.”

“Neither have we,” Bon Bon said. “And he was supposed to come over and taste test a new recipe that I've been working on.”

“Oh, that doesn't sound like him,” Fluttershy said.

“Excuse me,” Zakir said, “But this Austeen? He is one of ze humans, is he not?”

“Not for long,” Lyra said angrily. “What about Twilight, Fluttershy? Have you seen her around? She always knows where that guy is?”

“She is in Canterlot,” Fluttershy explained. “She had to go and see Celestia about something.”

“Oh, for the love of-” Lyra exclaimed loudly.

“Have you tried the other guys?” Fluttershy asked. Immediately, both Lyra and Bon Bon stopped what they were doing. They stopped and looked at each other. Neither one of them was exactly pleased with themselves at that point.

“Oh, I feel so stupid right now,” Lyra said. “Where are the other two?”

“Last time I knew, Ben was over at Rarity's,” Fluttershy said. “And Tessla was heading into the Everfree Forest last time I saw him.”

“Thank you, Fluttershy,” Lyra said. “And sorry for acting like a maniac just now. Kinda lost my head, I guess.”

“It's alright. I forgive you,” Fluttershy said kindly and with a smile. Lyra and Bon Bon returned the smile and walked off together in search of Ben and/or Tessla. They possibly had answers that they wanted and they were going to get them one way or another.

“You are a very kind pony, Fluttershy,” Zakir said as he stood right next to her.

“Thank you,” Fluttershy replied. She opened her mouth to return the compliment with one of her own but found that she had nothing good to say about this zebra. She looked over at him and remembered how intimidated she was just being this close to him. She turned her mouth into an awkward smile and scurried a few paces away. She kept her eyes on him as she started walking again. She didn't get very far before running into another pony. Fluttershy hit the pony like a rubber ball and bounced off, landing in pile of ruffled feathers in front of them.

“Whoa, there Fluttershy,” Rainbow Dash said. “You gotta be more careful where you're walking.”

“Oh, yeah. Right, okay,” Fluttershy stammered quickly as she got back on her hooves again.

“What's got you all messed up, huh?” Dash said. She didn't need an answer as Zakir came walking up to them.

“Oh, I see how it is,” Dash teased. She flew up to Zakir and hovered in front of his face. It was the only way she was going to get eye level with him. “So, your him, aren't ya? The zebra that crashed the princesses party a while back. That was you, right?”

“Yes, dat was indeed me,” Zakir admitted. “If I had known a party was going on I would have waited before introducing myself to ze Princesses.”

“Right. Name's Rainbow Dash, and I am the best flyer in all of Ponyville,” She boasted a bit. “Just thought you should know that ahead of time, mister. . . uh. . .”

“His name is Zakir, Dash,” Fluttershy said, “And he is a Warchief.”

“Warchief, huh? Sounds kinda cool,” Dash said as she sarcastically sized up the zebra. “Anyway, what are you doing with Fluttershy here?”

“She waz giving me a grand tour of your town,” Zakir replied. “It has been quite enjoyable zo far.”

“Awesome,” Dash said. “You taken him to Sugarcube Corner yet, Fluttershy?”

“No. We were on our way there when we bumped into you.”

“Well then, let's go already.” Dash flew a wide loop before speeding off to Sugarcube Corner faster than either Fluttershy of Zakir could keep up with.

“Are they here yet?”

“No, Pinkie,” Dash said. Her voice mixed with boredom and hunger as she slowly drooled onto the table. She was staring at the wooden surface of the table and now she was seeings in the grain of the wood. Was that a cupcake?

“Ah!” Dash exclaimed with extreme annoyance. “Pinkie Pie, when are you gonna give me some food?!”

“When Fluttershy and her zebra friend get here, of course.” Pinkie said with a bounce. Her eyes were glued to the front door as she waited for Fluttershy to show up.

“Pinkie Pie,” Dash said weakly at first, but her voice raised as she shouted, “I have been sitting here for twenty minutes! I'm frickin' hungry! I mean, really. I'm practically wasting away over here.”

“Oh, come on, Dashie. Quit being so dramatic,” Pinkie said. “That's my job, remembered? Along with being unexplainably strange and/or odd with a hint of unpredictable and a hoofful of WTF. That is the basic list of ingredients for one Pinkie Pie. Hehe!”

“You know if we wait for Fluttershy, we're gonna be here til tomorrow,” Dash said as her belly grumbled loudly.

“Why would stay that long,” Fluttershy asked. “I'm right here.”

“Fluttershy!” Pinkie screamed joyfully as she ran up and engulfed the yellow mare in a hug that nearly made her eyes pop out of her head. “You're finally here. Sit down, sit down. I will bring you some food. How does some delicious cake sound? Don't answer, I already know!”

“Pinkie, wait,” Fluttershy said quickly as she was about to dart into the back. Pinkie froze midway through the motion and slowly creaked around to face Fluttershy once again. “You haven't met Zakir yet,” Fluttershy said plainly.

“GAAAAASSSSSSPPPPPPPP!!! No, I have not,” Pinkie said with awe and disbelief. She ran up to Zakir and went to extend her hoof, but found herself to be much to short. Thankfully she had the solution.

Pinkie grabbed a nearby chair and placed in front of the zebra and hopped up. She smiled and looked at him, but she was still too short to see his face clearly. This made Pinkie frown, but not for long. She had a solution for this as well. She ran into the back real quick and came out carrying a bundle of cookbooks. She slammed them down on the chair and jumped up once again. When she reached the top she saw that she was now up way too high was above his head. She sighed and jumped off. She took one book out of the stack and tossed it back behind the counter.

“That should do it,” She said with a smile before traversing the mountain of pages on top of the chair. When she reached the top she looked at him and found herself to be not quite at the height she wanted to be at. She needed just another inch or three. She pondered it for a moment and when she had the answer, her mane lit up with some light from within. She reached a hoof into her mane and pulled out some long, colorful balloons. She quickly twisted and contorted them into the shape of a small step ladder with only one step. She stepped up and finally she looked Zakir in the eyes.

“Ahem,” Pinkie cleared her throat. She looked at Zakir with a wide smile and extended a forehoof once again. “How do you do?”

Zakir genuinely chuckled as he took Pinkie's hoof and shook it gingerly. “I am well. You make me laugh. Pinkie, your name is?”

“Yep. That's me. Pinkie Pie! It says so right here on my name tag,” Pinkie said as she gestured towards a blank spot on her apron.

“Umm, Pinkie,” Fluttershy whispered, “Your not wearing a name tag.”

“Aw, dammit,” Pinkie said. “Gummy must have eaten it again.”

“Pinkie,” Dash groaned out weakly. “Get me some damn food or I am going to eat you.”

“Whoa, Dash. Not in front of the customers,” Pinkie teased and joked with her. “Save that kinda talk for later, will ya?”

Pinkie darted into the back real quick like. Fluttershy took a seat next to Rainbow Dash and Zakir took the chair across from them. The three of them sat that way in an awkward silence for a moment.

“So. . .,” Dash finally spoke up. “Zakir, what are you doing in Ponyville, other than seeing the sights?”

“I have heard so many tales of Equestria from my home in the Zebrican Nation. I just had to see dis land for with my own eyez,” Zakir said. “Many of ze stories I heard were about dis very town, Ponyville. I had to see it before I left.”

“Oh, okay then,” Dash said weakly.

“Cake time!” Pinkie sprang up out of nowhere with a cake in each hoof and two balancing perfectly on her mane and tail. Zakir simply stared at this sight for a moment. He could not explain how she was doing that with not one, but two cakes. She was right before. Some of the things she did were unexplainable.

Pinkie served the cakes out to the ponies and took a seat with them. She had the time. Sugarcube Corner was surprisingly empty.

“So, Zeker,” Pinkie said. “What is your favorite color?”

Zakir took a moment to savor the flavor of the first bite of cake he had just eaten. It was divine, delicious, delectable. It was the best thing he had ever tasted in his life. When he did return to reality he noticed the pink pony was uncomfortably close to him and then he remembered her question.

“At ze moment, it iz pink,” He answered with a smile. He looked deeply into Pinkie's eyes.

“Oh, you're just saying that 'cause I gave ya cake,” Pinkie teased him while looking into his own deep, yellow eyes.

Dash was slowly chewing her own bite of cake and watching this whole thing go down. Fluttershy was just watching. Both of them were awestruck and had their eyes wide open. This had never happened before. They had never seen this before. Nopony had even dared to attempt it in all the years they had lived in Ponyville.

“What is going on?” Fluttershy asked nervously.

“I think,” Dash said, “I think he is hitting on Pinkie Pie.”

“What should we do now,” Fluttershy asked Dash.

“Slowly back away, Fluttershy. Slowly back away,” Dash said as she very slowly and carefuly got down off her chair. “But don't forget the cake.”

Both of them slowly took their cake and left the place. They moved quietly for the front door and didn't dare to even breath until they were safely out of the building. When they were finally they out they breathed deeply a breath of fresh air and walked away.

“Howdy, gals,” Applejack said as she trotted up to the two of them. “Pinkie in there? I need to talk to 'er about somethin'.”

“Yes, but you don't want to go in there.” Dash warned Applejack.

“Uh, why not?”

“Just trust me, AJ.”

“Really, Applejack, don't go in there,” Fluttershy said.

“Okay, is this some kinda prank,” Applejack asked. “Dash, I expect this kinda thing from you, but why drag Fluttershy into it?”

“This is not a prank, AJ,” Dash said. “I swear its not.”

“Really?” Applejack asked. She didn't believe it for a second. “Ahm going in.”

Applejack pushed by the two of them and headed straight for the front door of Sugarcube Corner. Dash cried out for her to stop but she ignored her. Fluttershy ran up and bit down on the end of he Applejack's tail, but that didn't even slow her down. She just pulled the yellow Pegasus along with her.

Dash flew up above them. “Fluttershy, just let go. It's not worth it.”

Fluttershy looked up and then closed her eyes. She quickly came to a decision. She let go. She unclenched her jaw and Applejack's tail whipped out of her mouth. Applejack came up and knocked on the door. When she got no answer she almost turned back. Both Dash and Fluttershy sighed a sigh of relief. That is, until Applejack heard something moving inside and opened the door.

“NOOO!” Dash and Fluttershy screamed out.

“What in tarnation?!” Applejack screamed out loud enough for Canterlot to hear her.

===

Ben shifted in his clothes. They were new. Rarity had just made them for hm. They were similar to his old clothes. Shorts with large pockets and side pockets for him to carry things in. An extra large T-shirt with a simple design on it. Rarity made it a blend of purple and yellow. Artistic opposites they were. Complimentary colors. His shorts were simply a darker blue. It was the same stuff Ben usually wore, but for some reason he was just uncomfortable in these clothes. Maybe it was that fact he was-

“Stripped!”

“What? No I wasn't!” Ben said in his defense to no one in particular. The only pony nearby was a younger news pony. He gave Ben an odd look and got back to his business.

“Get your paper here. Stripped! Stripped of all the nonsense. Full of nothing but the cold, hard facts.”

“Whew,” Ben said. “Calm down. It's just a boring old news pony.”

“Get your facts here. Facts about the humans, and how they really are.”

Ben immediately stopped and turned around. He walked hastily up to that new pony. He stood there for a moment, towering over the poor pony. Ben looked curious, and from that pony's view slightly angry.

“What did you say about humans?” Ben asked.

“It's all in the paper,” The pony said nervously, holding up a paper to shield him from Ben's piercing gaze.

“How much?”

“One bit.”

The pony felt as the paper was ripped out of his hands. His eyes were clenched so tightly he wasn't able to see anything, but he did hear the sound of a bit landing on his stand. After a moment of nothing, he finally decided to breathe again and opened his eyes. Ben was long gone.

“In a recent interview with the three humans that mysteriously arrived in Equestria our very own Long Story can indeed confirm that the they are all connected. Long time friends, Tessla, Austin, and Ben, the humans have arrived in Equestria and ever since danger has followed in their wake at every turn.”

“What the hell is this?” Ben asked aloud, to the universe, as he walked along.

“Ever since these humans arrived in Equestria there has been an increase in dangerous occurrences all over the country. Timberwolves attacked in Ponyville almost right after they arrived. The human known as Austin sent a pony duelist to the hospital at one point. He is still recovering from that vicious and violent assault. And then there was the camp of ponies who were sent to secure the Changeling Hive. Numerous ponies were injured during that time. While it is true that the humans did not directly harm these ponies, they made that camp a target! These things are happening, and they will keep happening as long as they are here. They must be dealt with."

“Screw you, asshole,” Ben yelled at the paper he held in his hands. A few ponies passing by gave him some wary looks, but he was too absorbed in the words to notice.

“Ya know, ya shouldn't be talkin' like that in public.”

Ben heard the voice, but he could not figure out where it was coming from. He looked to his left and all he saw was the path he was on. He saw the fence that ran along the path, and the empty field that lay beyond it.

“Nope, not over there.”

Ben looked to his right. The right side of the path also had a fence running right alongside it. Beyond that was a short stretch of grass and then the edge of the Everfree Forest. He always forgot it was this close to town.

“Not there either.”

“Dammit, voice in my head. Where are you?”

“Between yer feet.”

Ben stopped and looked down. Sure enough, the voice was coming from beneath him. He looked down and into the wide eyes of one Apple Bloom. She was smiling and looking up at him in turn. Ben remembered what time it was and figured she must have just gotten out of school. That would explain the saddlebags she had with her. Normally she would be with the other two, though.

“What are you doing here?” Ben asked the little filly.

“Walkin' home. What's yer excuse?”

“Heading over to see Applejack,” Ben said.

“Cool,” Apple Bloom said. “We can go together then.”

Ben stuffed the paper in his back pocket and walked along with Apple Bloom. He was quiet for a while and she was just happy. She was smiling and skipping about. After a while, though, Ben noticed she would look back at him every now and then.

“So. . .” She said, “What was that all about? With the paper?”

“Some idiot reporter pony is writing that me and Austin and Tessla are the cause of all the bad things that happen in Equestria. Like the timeberwolf attacks, and the duel that Austin fought. And the Changelings. He actually thinks we are the cause that ponies got hurt in the Changeling Assault.”

“That's just silly,” Apple Bloom said. “Everypony knows you guys have saved ponies tons a times.”

“Exactly,” Ben said. “That's why I called him an idiot.”

“Yeah,” Apple Bloom said. “Anywho, why you goin' to see mah sister?”

“Wha? Oh, I need to ask if her she has seen Spike today,” Ben said. “Have you seen Spike today?”

“Nope,” Apple Bloom said. “But I did hear mah sister talking to him as I left for school.”

“Great,” Ben said. “Anywho, what's got you in such a good mood, Apple Bloom?”

Apple Bloom could not wait for him to ask he that. She had just had an amazingly awesome day. As they walked back to the farmhouse she told him all about her day at school. First of all, Diamond Tiara was late for school and had to sit in corner for five minutes. It was most peaceful five minutes of school she had ever had.

Secondly, the focus of the day was gym, P.E., exercise and all that. Basically, it was everything in the world that made both Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon groan and complain. Well, maybe not everything in the world, because then that would be almost the entire world. Those two didn't like much other than themselves. Anyway, since it was gym day Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo could finally show those two up at something. With all the crusading they did they were pretty good at exercise. Especially when it came to running, and the obstacle course. They did only did a little bit worse than the top three fillies in their class.

“. . . better than those last place losers, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon,” Apple Bloom finished as they came up to the farmhouse.

“Wow, you have had quite the day,” Ben said. “And so have they. What is going on?”

Both of them looked over at the barn. Applejack was sitting up on a bale of hay, a blank stare smeared across her face. Her eyes wide with a look that clearly showed she had seen something that she will never, ever unsee. Fluttershy was hovering beside her with a large fan and was waving it slowly. The breeze was blowing Applejack's mane back and forth a bit, but she didn't even respond to it. Rainbow Dash paced back and forth in front and was just muttering to herself about something.

“What in the hay,” Apple Bloom questioned as she ran up to them. “Hey, sis. You okay?”

“Oh, crap,” Dash said as Apple Bloom's voice snapped her out of her pacing trance. Even Fluttershy stopped fanning as the little sister approached them. Ben wasn't far behind her. He came up on his thick, human legs and walked right over to Applejack.

“What's wrong with Applejack?”

“I swear it wasn't our fault,” Dash blurted out immediately.

“Oh-kay,” Ben said. “So, what happened?”

Dash's eyes darted between Ben's face and Apple Bloom. She was nervous about talking about it with a pony so young so close nearby. Fluttershy was just as nervous. She was hiding her face behind the fan, only peeking out to see what was going on.

“Apple Bloom,” Big Mac said. His deep voice, echoed through the air and shattered the awkwardness that had taken root. He stood at the front of the barn just a few paces away from the rest of them. “Go inside and do yer homework. After that's done Granny needs some help in the kitchen. Got it?”

“But, Big Mac,” Apple Bloom said with a pleading voice. Only a sibling who had heard and built up a resistance could say no to this voice. “What about Applejack?”

“She's fine,” Big Mac replied quickly. “She just stayed out in sun too long, I reckon. Now git goin' on inside.” Big Mac nudged Apple Bloom along as he spoke and she finally got moving on her own. She grumbled about it all the way to the house, but there was no arguing with Big Mac.

“So,” Ben said. “About Applejack?”

“It was horrible,” Fluttershy burst into a fit of crying. “We were in Sugarcube Corner. Zakir was with us. You know, the zebra that arrived in the middle of the party a few weeks back.”

“Yeah, I know who he is,” Ben said.

“He was with us,” Fluttershy said, “I was showing around town when he got hungry. And then Rainbow Dash said we should go to Sugarcube corner.”

“Alright, Fluttershy, calm down,” Dash said. “Look, we were just sitting there eating our cake. It was all going normal like, and then it happened. That zebra guy, Zeke, or whatever. He took a bite of his cake. One bite, and then he started- he started- he-”

“He started hitting on Pinkie Pie!” Fluttershy blurted out loud. Immediately after which she covered her mouth with her hooves and her hooves with her wings.

“Whoa,” Ben said. “That's, uh, that's something all right.”

“Nobody does that, Ben, nobody.” Dash explained. “I only know of one pony who even tried. It was from before Pinkie moved to Ponyville. This pony starting hitting on Pinkie, flirting with her a whole lot.”

“What happened to this pony,” Ben asked, slightly afraid of the answer.

“He is still in the ward,” Dash said. “Something Pinkie Pie did to him changed him forever. It really messed him up. Hasn't been the same since.”

“Okay then,” Ben said. “So what's wrong with Applejack?”

“She opened the door, man,” Dash shouted. “We left! We got out of Sugarcube Corner. We closed the door behind us.”

“We warned her,” Fluttershy sobbed. “We warned her. We tried to stop her, but she was too strong.”

“She opened the door and saw it all,” Dash sighed. “And she's been like this ever since.”

“I don't get it,” Ben said. “What did she see?”

“Enough, Ben! She saw enough!” Dash said. “Why does it matter to you?”

“Because I need to find Spike, and the last thing I heard was that Applejack knew where he was.”

“Why do you need to find Spike?” Dash asked, confused as to why Ben was searching for the only dragon in all of Ponyville like he was some hard to find missing pony.

“Well, is there anything we can do to help her,” Ben asked. “Anything at all?”

“I don't know,” Dash answered, “Normally I would have gone and gotten Twilight by now, but she went off to Canterlot. Wait a minute, what about Austin? He's all magikyl and stuff right? Ya think he could help her?”

“Maybe,” Ben said. “If he wasn't with Twilight in Canterlot.”

“What?!” Dash and Fluttershy both reacted the same way.

“But I think I have a better idea,” Ben said. “Pinkie Pie is really unpredictable at times. She can be really strange and random, right? Almost chaotic?”

“No, you aren't thinking about him are you,” Dash said. “AJ won't like it.”

“Good, because I wasn't thinking about him,” Ben said. “Just a part of him.”

Just then the ground started shaking. Dash and Fluttershy dove behind the bale of hay Applejack was on. They pulled her back behind it as well. Big Mac kinda guided Ben over to the side of the barn and they both took cover there. The tremors only got more intense as the seconds passed before the ground finally split. The earth quaked, and opened up. And from the darkness of this deep rose a great box. A large, blue, booth. All of them peeked or leaned out to see what it was. All of them except for Applejack of course. The door opened up and Tessla stepped out.

“Hey guys,” He said. “What's up?”