• Published 14th Jan 2015
  • 2,537 Views, 54 Comments

OC, Oh Crap! - SmokeShadow95



Three humans end up in Equestria. Three friends who have no idea what they're doing most of the time. Things will not be easy for them in Equestria. From being naked to dealing with danger these three will have plenty of shenanigans to deal with.

  • ...
10
 54
 2,537

The Hive Pt. 2

Yawn. That was the first thing he did when he woke up. He yawned and stretched out his limbs, trying to get out all the kinks of the previous nights sleep. Then he stood and reached for one his shirts, forgetting for a moment that he wasn't back in his room. He dug around in one his bags until he found one that he like and slipped it on over his head. He got the last yawn out before leaving the tent.

He was immediately greeted by a couple of pony guards who wasted no time in whisking him away to some other part of the camp, and without any breakfast first. They walked fast, forcing him to move at a near running pace. They weaved their way through the bustle of the camp with ease and got him to his destination within minutes.

The command tent. Much emptier than he thought it would be. That also made it much quieter, almost eerily quiet. Only a few ponies stood inside. Twilight and Shining Armor were there, along with a couple of guard ponies from the Crystal Empire. One of them seemed to really be enjoying his job. He had a smile on his face that he was trying to hide and failing at it. Every step he took had a bounce to it. It all seemed odd for a Crystal Guard pony.

“Hello there. Nice to see you again.”

. . . . .

“Hey, Ben,” Austin said. “Glad you could make it.”

“Shining Armor is here,” Ben whispered to Austin, “Why is he here?”

“He's the pony in charge of the camp,” Austin whispered back.

Their talking was cut off by Twilight coming from another entrance into the command tent. She had a look of intense determination about her. He had not seen her like this before. It was an interesting sight to behold.

“Ben, glad you could join us,” She said, “Austin said you could help us with the Changelings but he did not go into detail on the matter. Would you care to fill us in?”

Blank. That was all his mind was capable of producing at that moment. He had just woken up and he hadn't even eaten yet. He needed some food to jump start his thinking process, and then the rest of him. But for now all they got was, “Umm. . .”

“Ben,” Twilight said, “You okay?”

“Yeah, I'm fine,” Ben said, “Just a little hungry. As for your question, I have a unique view on the Changelings that gives me an advantage when I deal with them, not that I actually have any experience dealing with them.”

Ben heard a snap to his left and saw Tessla standing there with a tray of food. Ben cautiously grabbed an apple and took a big bite out of it. Within a nanosecond he knew something wasn't right, but it still tasted delicious. It just didn't taste like the apple he thought it was. It tasted more like. . .

“. . . pudding?” Ben questioned.

“Well, I remember how much you said you love desserts, but its time for breakfast so I improvised,” Tessla said, “Just wait til you taste the oranges.”

“I don't want to know,” Ben said, “Back to the Changelings, please.”

“Yes, the Changelings are the more important matter here,” Shining Armor stated. “What exactly is this advantage you claim to have, Ben?”

“It's hard to explain,” Ben replied, “I'd rather show you.”

“Then it's decided,” Twilight said, “Ben will accompany us into the Hive.”

Shining Armor shot Twilight a quick glare, hoping that no one else noticed. “Can you give me and my sister a minute, please?”

One by one everyone nodded and left. Austin was the last, lingering just long enough to let Twilight know he didn't want to leave. It was that look in his eyes that only she understood, that way he crossed his arms defiantly. He leaned against a tent post as if he was getting comfortable, but he wasn't staying. He had seen the look Shining Armor gave her, and he didn't like it. Twilight silently told him to go, though, and so he did. Reluctantly, Austin left the

Ben and Tessla waited outside the tent. Austin came out a moment later looking worried, which was a drastic change in his usual demeanor. He took a few steps and sat down on a rock near the entrance to the tent.

“What was that all about,” Tessla asked, eating an orange from his tray.

“Same thing anypony talks about nowadays,” Austin said, “Us. Only it didn't exactly sound pleasant this time.”

===

“What is your problem with them?” Twilight demanded of her brother. “Why don't you like the humans?”

“It's not that I don't like them, Twilight, I just don't know them. And I don't trust those that I don't know.”

“You know me, and I trust them,” Twilight said, “Isn't that enough?”

“Normally, yes, but this is different.”

“You mean they are different.”

“Yes! That is what I mean. They aren't ponies,” Shining Armor said, “I don't want them anywhere near the Changeling Hive. I told you before, we don't know what will happen. They could be even more susceptible to their magic than ponies. I am not taking that chance.”

“You're right, Shining. We don't know,” Twilight replied, “And we never will if we don't take at least one of them with us.”

“Dammit, Twilight!” Shining Armor roared, “This is not one of your science experiments. I am risking the ponies of the Crystal Guard here. I will not toy with their lives just so you can get some answers.”

Twilight stepped back and turned around. She needed to not be looking at her brother for a moment. She sighed heavily once, and then again. She closed her eyes in a slow blink before composing herself. Slowly she turned around to face her brother once again. He was not as composed as she was. She calmly stepped up closer to him and calmly looked him in the eye.

“You're right, big brother,” She said, “This is not one of my science experiments. I never said, or thought, it was. I understand how you feel about your guard ponies. I brought my friends with me, in case you've forgotten.”

Twilight took another step closer as she spoke. With each sentence she was a step closer to her brother. “I don't know what happened to you, but you aren't acting like my brother. You are acting like somepony I've never met before. Somepony that I don't know.”

Twilight was up to her brother by this point. She was right in his face, barely whispering the words as they slid off her lips, but he was hearing them just fine. “And I don't trust those that I don't know.”

She swiftly turned toward the exit of the tent. Twilight stopped just short of the exit. One thin, cloth panel lay between her and leaving her brother to his own thoughts. She stopped there with thoughts of her own. “When you want to start acting like my brother again, come find me,” Was the final thing she left her brother with.

“That sounded intense.”

Twilight stopped suddenly. The voice came out of nowhere seemingly, but all she had to do was look to her left to see the source. She was just so caught up that she didn't realize he was there.
She sighed a heavy sigh that was like all the weight of her burdens were sliding off her shoulders.

“I take it you heard that,” Twilight said, “I thought I put up a silencing spell around the tent.”

“You did. I just happen to be sitting inside the radius,” Austin replied, “Twilight, can I offer you some advice?”

“Sure, why not?”

Austin stood up and walked over to Twilight. He was taller than she was, but he knelt down so they were more eye to eye. He looked at her and told her just one thing.

“Don't let humans be the thing that separates you and your brother,” He said, “I wouldn't want that, and neither would the guys.”

“What do you suggest I do then?”

“At the moment, let him sit and think. You both need it. After that. . . .hell if I know.”

The two went their own ways after that. And then the day went on like normal. The minutes ticked on by slowly. Tick tock, the hands on the clock moved around. Every minute felt like five, and the next felt like ten. It was like the whole camp was moving in slow motion, and not a pony was aware of it.

Eventually the minutes turned into hours. Hours rolled on by, one and then another. The hand on the clock rolled over to strike noon, and yet it seemed that a day had passed. And the hours continued, pushed on by ticking minutes. Together the two made up an everlasting, unending cycle.

With nothing to do, but stare at the clock, Ben sat in the tent. He and Tessla had left Austin to sit and eavesdrop on Twilight arguing with her brother. They didn't want to be anywhere near that particular powder keg. And so, Ben sat in the tent. Tessla had fallen asleep yet again and was snoring

“Gah. I need something to do, anything,” Ben said to himself.

It wasn't long after that that Austin returned. He didn't say much about Twilight and her argument. Just that it was about them, and her and her brother were on opposing sides. He walked over and shook Tessla awake a bit more violently than he meant to. It got the job done, however as Tessla raised his head and opened his eyes. His chaotic was now a stylish dark blue in color.

No time was wasted as Austin informed them of a meeting that was taking place in an hour. They all took the time to ready themselves. They all washed up with a few pales of fresh water and some cloths. Rarity assisted them in choosing out the best clothes for the situation. Nothing to flashy, easy to move in, and also quite comfortable. They got everything done and with a full five minutes to spare. They immediately headed off for the command tent.

“It's mighty crowded in there,” Applejack warned as they got close. “Watch yer step. Don't wanna be stepping on anypony's hooves.”

Austin elected the stay outside with Applejack's. He hated large crowds and avoided them as best he could. Tessla stayed as well. He liked large gathering of people, or ponies in this case about as much as as Austin did. He was glad to hear that Rarity was staying out as well. She had her own reasons of course. Mainly she didn't want to be stuck in a large area filled with little but stallion testosterone and the smell of sweat. She shuddered at the thought. Ben did go in, though.

Ben entered the tent and seemed to cross into another world. The world outside was dark, as the light of the sun slowly descended as Celestia lowered it. Soon the only light would be coming from the distant stars and the moon that Luna would raise. Still, the chill evening air swept through the camp in the low light of the setting sun. And then Ben stepped in the tent.

Ben crossed into a sauna. The level of heat in the tent was almost palpable. It was nearing a smothering level. With as many ponies were in the room, Ben wasn't surprised, though. All those bodies created a lot of body heat and then they all got crammed into a small space. Not a good idea. Ben forced himself to ignore the heat, however and focus on the pony speaking.

“Scouts have officially located the Changeling Hive,” Shining Armor said, “We now have an exact location, and after days of watching we now have an opening to strike back. They took the former Captain of this camp, as well as four guards. We will get them back. Tommorrow, we strike!”

His words were inspiring. Many of the ponies around Ben signaled their approval. Some of them stomped their hooves, others hollered out their feelings. Still some others were content to just stand there and nod. Ben remained focused on the stage Shining Armor was standing on.

Twilight stood beside him with her head held high. She wasn't smiling at all, not that that was unusual. This was a very serious time, but he sensed it was more than that. He could probably get an answer or two from Austin later.

“We will march on the Hive tomorrow. As the sun rises with Princess Celestia's will, so shall we! And by the time Princess Luna raises the moon, we will be marching home with victory at our backs.”

Again the ponies all around erupted with cheer, from whoops and woos to hollers and nods. Ben's attention was caught on another pony however. It wasn't Twilight or Shining Armor. Instead it was the pony who stood behind Shining Armor. He had seen that pony before. The last time he was in the command tent Shining Armor waved him off. He seemed so chipper and full of cheer. His every step bounced, he smiled all the time and he was full of energy it seemed. But not now.

Now he just seemed to be the opposite. His smile had twisted into a frown that he made little effort to hide. His legs were wobbly and unstable, giving the impression that he was either very tired or very drunk. Overall, he just looked drained of everything that mattered.

Ben politely moved through the crowd of ponies. He pushed his way past the ponies leaving them with his apologies as he went. Everypony else was obsessed with Shining Armor and his rousing speech of inspiration. They were completely oblivious to the pony, and that caused them to completely miss the signs Ben was seeing.

Ben was now rushing. There was no telling how bad this could be. That, and he was absolutely terrified of the aspect of him being wrong. If he was, Shining Armor would hate him forever and never talk to him again. So would Twilight, for that matter. He hoped with all hope was good for that he was right. By this point, Ben was practically shoving ponies aside. He got more than a few nasty looks, but otherwise had gotten no attention. That is, until he jumped up on stage.

“What the hell do you think you're doing?!” Shining Armor asked, demanding answers from the human.

“Sorry, can't talk,” Ben replied. He kept his eyes locked onto that pony. He was so out of it that it was only then he realized a human was standing right in front of him. His eyes widened with fear as the human raised its left hand and slammed it down on his face.

“Ben! What are you doing?” Twilight pleaded.

Sure hope this works. Ben reached inside of him, He went deep down, to the places he didn't even know he had. There was something he had, or thought he had. He just wasn't sure of it, and now he was putting everything on the line for a longshot he wasn't even sure would work. But he had hope, and he also had love. And that shed away the false appearances of most things. Ben brought forth the power of love and cast away the disguise of the pony under his hand. And before him and everypony under the tent, stood a changeling.

“Oh, crap.”