• Published 14th Jan 2015
  • 2,538 Views, 54 Comments

OC, Oh Crap! - SmokeShadow95



Three humans end up in Equestria. Three friends who have no idea what they're doing most of the time. Things will not be easy for them in Equestria. From being naked to dealing with danger these three will have plenty of shenanigans to deal with.

  • ...
10
 54
 2,538

Nothing I Can't Handle

Silver Spoon was so desperately trying to cool Diamond Tiara off. She was on fire, so that's that. You see, Tessla took up Austin's suggestion on how to deal with the two fillies. He went out that very day. Just minutes after Austin left he set out to find the CMC. Thinking back Tessla might regard that as one of the worst decisions of his life, as well as one of the best. This is what happened.

Day 1

First things first, Tessla had to find the CMC. Since their quest for their cutie marks usually ended up with something broken and them stuck in a tree covered in sticky sap Tessla figured he would start looking wherever there was some havoc in Ponyville. Unfortunately, Ponyville was a little light on the havoc as of late.

Tessla walked through town on his way to Sweet Apple Acres. He was sure he would be able to find at least a clue as to where the CMC were. He was still being followed by Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. They had stopped talking to him for now. He wasn't sure why they were suddenly silent, but he wasn't complaining.

The first stop in his search for the CMC was their clubhouse. They did spend a lot of time there, planning crusades in their search for their cutie marks, hiding from Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon, or figuring out how they would repair the damage they caused to Ponyville and/or the ponies that live in Ponyville. Sometimes they did all three in the same day. Sometimes multiple times a day. But as for today, they were nowhere to be seen.

Tessla frowned. HE had done a lot of walking today and that was something he was not exactly used to, as his gut clearly showed. As he thought about it he looked down. To his surprise his gut was actually quite small. Or at least smaller than it was when he first arrived in Equestria.

“Ugh. Why are we here?” Diamond Tiara looked away from the clubhouse like it was disgusting pile of old garbage that somepony had left out to rot for one too many years.

Dear god, they started talking again.

“Yeah. Like, why are in the blank flank capital of Ponyville?” Silver Spoon whined.

Tessla groaned in response. These two little fillies were the worst. He really didn't like them, but he was trying to avoid exploding on them. Luckily he didn't have to.

As he groaned he heard something. Something that was not him groaning. No, this sound was a sharp snap. He checked the ground to make sure he didn't step on a twig or something. The ground was clear of any twigs or small branches. It was then he remembered something that Austin had once told him. When people are looking for something outside they very rarely look up. He was just full of advice today. And so Tessla looked up.

He looked to see a blur falling at him. This white blur also had some light purple thrown in the mix. That was all he was able to discern before said blur met Tessla's face. And then Tessla met the ground.

“Hey! I'm okay?!” Sweetie Belle said as she looked up from her rather rough landing. “I'm okay, girls! Come on down!”

She shouted out at what appeared to be nothing but the air. She didn't even notice her two mortal enemies standing just a few feet away staring at her. They really should have seen coming what happened next. But they didn't.

“AAAHHH! Blank flanks are falling from the sky!!!” Diamond Tiara screamed. After Sweetie Belle shouted at at nothing something happened. Another member of the CMC appeared. IT was Scootaloo this time. Diamond Tiara wasn't sure where she came from. All she knew was that one moment she was standing with Silver Spoon and the next Silver Spoon had been crushed by a Scootaloo shaped projectile. Scootacomet? Scooteor? Anyway, she was freaking out. She really, REALLY should have have seen this coming.

THUD! Diamond Tiara lay flat on the ground with her legs going in every direction. Her head was spinning and her back hurt like a safe just fell on it. She groaned and slowly opened her eyes. The pain in her back lessened as her blurry vision came back into focus. What she saw did not make her happy. But nothing really did, so that makes sense.

“Here. This thing fell off yer head.” Apple Bloom offered Diamond Tiara her hoof. In it was none other than the tiara that Tiara was always wearing. “Ya know, I wasn't really sure if that thing came or not. I kinda though it was just a part of yer head.”

Diamond Tiara said nothing as she snatched the headpiece from Apple Bloom with a huff. She put it on and made sure it was adjusted perfectly before even acknowledging the presence of anypony else. When she did finally look back she saw Apple Bloom standing there with Sweetie Belle. The human, Tessla was behind them massaging his face. It was much redder now than before. To her right she saw Silver Spoon. She was out. Gone. Her eyes were swirls. There were birds flying in a circle around her head. One hoof slightly twitched, but that was the only sign the filly was even still alive. Scootaloo on the other hoof just popped up like a picture in a pop up book.

“WHOO! That was awesome!” She climbed off Silver Spoon real quick. “Sorry about that, by the way,” She whispered back as she left. Silver Spoon groaned.

Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle stifled a laugh that just gave Scootaloo an even bigger boost to her ego. She had literally, if unintentionally, knocked her mortal nemesis down a peg. Maybe two.

“So,” She said as she approached her other mortal nemesis. “What are you doing here?”

Diamond Tiara turned her head with her chin up the way all those rich, uptight, brats have a habit of doing. She even made the “Hmph!” Noise. “I came with him.” She pointed back at Tessla.

Scootaloo turned to Tessla and gave him a dirty look that she must have learned from Rainbow Dash. “Why would you bring them here?”

“I came here on my own,” Tessla defended, “They have been following me all day. Don't know why.”

“Oh.” Was all Scootaloo said. She looked between the filly and the human with some confusion. She just shrugged it off and then trotted up to Tessla. “Well then. What can we do for ya today?”

“You could start with washing off,” Tessla bluntly said to the filly.

The CMC looked themselves over and then they looked at each other. Yep, they were dirty. Like so many of their other adventures this last one ended with them stuck in a tree. So naturally they were covered in tree bark shavings, leaves, various things none of them wanted to think about and most of all, they were covered in sap. Sweet, sticky, messy, tree sap. The CMC giggled as they realized just how many times they ended up like this. Yet as they giggled they could hear a significant gasp from just behind them. It was Diamond Tiara realizing just how dirty she was, and she was mortified.

“AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!”

“Hey! Shut your yap, will ya?” Apple Bloom said. “It ain't gonna kill ya.”

“I. Hate. You. Blank flanks. So. Much.” Diamond Tiara grumbled through her teeth. She was glaring angrily at all of them. Even Tessla was subject to this angry gaze of hers, not that he cared. He actually found the whole situation hilariously funny. Except for the part where his face hurt. “I am so going home. I need to forget this whole day ever happened.

As Diamond Tiara turned and strutted off Apple Bloom called out to her. “Hold up. What about her?” She pointed over at Silver Spoon with a hoof. She was still passed out with swirly eyes. Only now she had laughing Pegasi flying in circles around her head instead of chirping birds.

“Well that seems appropriate,” Tessla said.

“What do you want me to do,” Diamond Tiara asked snobbishly, “It's not like I can drag her all the back into town.”

“Do you want me to give you a ride in the wagon?” Scootaloo asked.

If looks could kill there is a good chance Scootaloo would have died just then. She got a look so evil and dirty and nasty that Discord himself would have shuddered under its gaze. And this came from a filly. “I would rather let the timberwolves drag me off into the Everfree Forest then accept help from you three,” She hissed out at the CMC before turning her eyes to Tessla. “And you. You are so not cool anymore.”

“Fine by me.” Tessla responded.

Diamond Tiara turned back and ran off for Ponyville and her shower. She wanted that gunk off her as fast as pony possible. One by one the CMC and Tessla all found themselves standing around the still out Silver Spoon.

“Now what?” Sweetie Belle asked.

Apple Bloom picked up a nearby stick. Tessla stepped back and she pointed one end at the filly on the ground. The other two members of the CMC shook their heads in unison. No stick poking today. Tessla sighed a sigh of relief and stepped up again. They nearly put a stick up his nose when they poked him in the crater.

“Why don't you take her home?” Tessla asked.

Three heads snapped up to look at him.

“Why would we do that?” Scootaloo asked.

“Yeah. She is out mortal nemesis!” Apple Bloom pitched in.

“Yeah, this won't end well,” Sweetie Belle put it plainly.

Tessla sighed again. As much as he liked the CMC they were a pain in the ass in their own way. I guess it was his turn to teach them a lesson.

“You three are better ponies than those two,” He started. “We all know if it was one of you out here they would just leave you. However, you can show everypony in town how much more mature you are by helping those you don't like and who don't like you. Do you understand what I'm saying?”

“Yeah, yeah,” Scootaloo mumbled, “I'll go grab my scooter.”

Day 2

Tessla woke up the next day surprisingly awake. That groggy feeling people get when they first wake up from a night of dreams that may or may not have been good was not with him that morning. He sat up feeling awake and alert. He didn't even yawn once as he climbed out of bed and dressed himself as he got ready for the day ahead of him. This was going to be the very first day he spent with the CMC actually doing things. A little worry entered his mind, but he pushed it off. For some reason he was feeling really damn good.

“This is gonna be a good day,” He said to himself as he left the room.

He walked over to Austin's room. He had been back at the castle for a day now, and he was curious as to what he had been up to. Or what Twilight had been up to. Austin had performed a minor feat of magic after all. Tessla reached out to knock on the door when it suddenly flung open from the inside. Austin rushed out, taking barely a second to register Tessla's presence and move around him. He left the door wide open as he moved down the hallway at a brisk pace. Tessla blinked once before following.

“What's up with you?” Tessla asked.

“Was up all night reading some books Twilight gave me on magic,” Austin said. Even though what he said was true one could barely tell. You see Austin was rather strange in that way. He could stay up all night and then work the next day with almost no problem, except for the fact that would be a little bit loopier than usual. He like to refer to this as “high functioning while under the effects of sleep deprivation.”

“Oh. She question you on that display of magic during the timberwolf thing?”

“Yeah, she did. Told her the truth. Don't know how I did what I did.”

“What did she say to that?”

“She wants to teach me pony magic.”

“Can you even do that? You're just a person.”

“I will find that out today. Don't you have some fun with the CMC planned or something?”

Tessla didn't get to answer as Austin was quite literally dragged away. He finished his sentence and then a field of magical energy enveloped him entirely as Twilight's smiling face greeted him. Not her creepy smiling face, just her normal face with a smile.

“Good. You're here. I am so happy you decided to come. I can't wait to start teaching you some of the magic that I learned when I was young. Let's go!”

Twilight turned so fast it was almost like she teleported. In the same exact spot, just facing the other direction. Nevermind, that sound just ridiculous. She was just excited and therefore moved quite fast. She snatched Austin up like a diamond dog snatched up gems and then ran off with in much the same manner.

Austin's last words as Twilight carried him into the unknown were, “This feels so strange!”

“This place never gets boring,” Tessla said.

Tessla reached the main lobby that lead to the doors that lead to the outside about ten minutes later. Yes, it took Tessla ten minutes to reach the front doors. He only got lost once on the way. If he hadn't he would have gotten their at least five minutes earlier.

“Sup, dude.” Rainbow Dash was flying slowly beside Tessla now.

“Sup, Dash.”

“So, I just saw Twilight carrying your friend off with her magic. She had a creepy smile. It was the same look she had when she decided to do a bunch of experimenting last time Trixie was in town.”

Tessla thought about that for a moment. “I'm sure he'll be fine.”

Nothing more of note happened that day. Tessla sat around with the CMC and they had a tea party. That was all. Just a tea party. That lasted all day. Yep. That's it.

Day 3

Tessla walked over to the CMC clubhouse. He was having a pretty good time hanging out with them. It was more fun than he thought and much less dangerous. He hadn't actually planned on hanging out today but Scootaloo had woken him up early in the morning telling him something about something he had to see right away. He told her he would be there in about ten minutes.

“What the hell?” Tessla stared at the object in front of his eyes. It was a large round, red egg. It was about the size of a Scootaloo's head. And it was just sitting there in the clubhouse.

“It's an egg,” Apple Bloom said happily.

“Got that,” Tessla replied without taking his eyes off the egg.

“And we're gonna hatch it!” Sweetie Belle proudy and joyfully exclaimed.

“I'll just say it again,” Tessla said, “What the hell? Sweetie Belle, I would have thought you smarter than this. What could possibly make you think this was a good idea?”

“We have tried everything else,” Sweetie Belle said, “Now we want to try and get our cutie marks in monster egg hatching.”

“Have you at least talked to Fluttershy yet?”

Silence. Each of the three looked at each other with puzzled glances. After a moment they looked back at Tessla with sheepish slightly embarrassed smiles on their faces.

“That ain't a bad idea,” Apple Bloom said, “Let's go an' do that.”

Getting the egg out of the clubhouse was not as easy a task and Tessla thought. The damn thing was heavier than hell and he got the feeling that it was getting close to hatching. But he got it out and managed to get it gently into the wagon that Scootaloo pulled behind her scooter. He held up while Sweetie Belle placed a few blankets down. It was still an egg after all.

There wasn't enough room in the wagon for everyone to fit, especially with a big human tagging along. And so Apple Bloom stayed with the egg while Tessla and Sweetie Belle ran after them.

Scootaloo raced through town with that surprising speed she could pull out on that scooter of hers. Even with that heavier than hell egg in the backseat she was still going pretty fast. Of course, this all came at the cost of Apple Bloom. She was stuck with the egg. It wanted to roll with every turn, shift with every speed up and jump with every bump. Keeping that egg upright was more of a job than babysitting Rainbow Dash in Canterlot's most popular prank shop.

Eventually the odd group carting a large egg through the streets of Ponyville made it to their final destination. A small, humble looking cottage on the outskirts that was home to the one pony who might be able to tell them just what kind of egg they had.

“I have no idea,” Fluttershy said. “I mean, I have never seen an egg like this before. Never ever.”

Fluttershy examined the egg more closely. It was actually three different shades of red. They all overlapped and faded into one another that it was hard to see all three unless you looked really close. She looked over the egg until her eyes had scanned every last inch of the surface and every last crack. Wait a minute. Crack?

“Oh my! It's hatching!” Fluttershy quickly, yet gently placed the egg down on the floor. She stepped back and eagerly waited for the egg to do something. Tessla just stood back and watched as the CMC got more comfortable. They had a feeling they would be there for a while.

For half an hour nothing happened. Fluttershy had not moved in that entire time. Her eyes were glued to the egg while the rest of her body was stuck in same position a dog took when it wanted to play. Her head was down with her tail in the air. Her wings were slightly away from her body, and that was how she stayed.

Another half hour passed with little more than mouse farting to break the silence that had overtaken the room. The mouse excused himself and scurried back into his hole in the wall. Fluttershy's big eyes and smile hadn't faded as she watched the egg. Scootaloo was not so quietly snoring a few feet away. Apple Bloom was playing cards with Angel, and losing. Sweetie Belle was still watching the egg. Tessla had been adjusting his hair for the past fifteen minutes. He needed a shower. He was about to announce his leave to go and take one when Fluttershy sounded off.

“AAHHH!” She screamed in sudden excitement, catching them all off guard. Angel's hand of cards went everywhere as Fluttershy screamed once again. Scootaloo rolled over and continued snoring.

It was a happy excitement that drew them all closer, except for Scootaloo. As the three visitors crowded around her she thrust out a hoof to point at a specific spot on the egg. All eyes were drawn to that spot and they watched intently as a truly miniscule crack emerged at the top of the egg.

“That's it?” Tessla said. “I was expecting something . . . bigger.”

As Tessla finished speaking the egg shook violently. It rocked back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and then it stopped. And then shook back and forth one more time. Cracks appeared all over the egg. They spread down from the top as the egg shook. Every pony and human took a step back as the egg shell shook one last time before exploding out. Shell fragments rained everywhere in Fluttershy's home. One of the larger pieces flew over and landed on Scootaloo's head, leaving her with a new hat and some strange fluid covering her head.

“So. . . “ Apple Bloom said, “What is it?”

The question was directed at Fluttershy, but she didn't answer right away. Apple Bloom looked back to see Fluttershy crawling out from under her sofa. She blushed momentarily before stepping forward to join them once more.

Fluttershy looked over at what used to be an egg. Only a few, small fragments of the shell remained now and what was in the egg now lay on Fluttershy's floor. She looked it over, up and down and side to side. She checked every side of that thing before coming to a sound conclusion.

“This is. . . ,” Fluttershy explained. “. . . A chicken. A rare Everfree Pink Chicken to be exact.”

Jaws dropped. All of them. Before them really was a pink chicken. It looked just like a normal chicken, only pink! All pink, all over. The thing was small and fuzzy right now. It looked at all of them staring at and then it fell over.

“You can't be serious,” Apple Bloom said.

“Oh, I am,” Fluttershy said, “The rare Everfree Pink Chickens are indigenous to the Everfree Forest and very endangered. As you can imagine chickens don't last long in there. But they are really quite smart and have a fondness for dancing. That's how they find mates, you know. It really is quite amazing.”

“This is awesome!” Scootaloo raced up to the chicken. She still had the shell piece on her head. She stared at the chick right before her eyes and it stared back. As she looked at it it reached out to touch Scootaloo. It stole the egg shell hat off her head and put it on it's own.

“AWW! That's so adorable!” Fluttershy crooned over the baby chick. And just is this adorable moment was happening Tessla felt a great disturbance was coming to ruin it all.

The door to the cottage flung open with a loud bang. Thunder clapped and lightning flashed even though it was a sunny day outside. The flash illuminated the silhouettes of two little fillies as they stood in the doorway.

“I thought I felt something bad coming,” Tessla mumbled to himself.

“What are you two doing here,” Sweetie Belle asked, annoyed.

Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon stepped inside to talk. “Well, after I left that filthy, horrid place you call your clubhouse I went home and took, like, five showers. I went to bed and the next day Silver Spoon showed up. She had to take, like, seven showers to get the filth out of her hair.”

“No, I took eight showers. I still didn't feel clean after the seventh so I took another one.” Silver Spoon shuddered a bit at the memory of being dirty. Tessla resisted the urge to start yelling at them.

“Right, that's it. Anyway, we got to talking after morning tea time and we decided to give you another chance,” Diamond Tiara explained. She made a point to make sure it was just Tessla who got the chance. “After all, you did get Silver Spoon back home safely.”

“I didn't have anything to do with it,” Tessla said, “It was all these three.”

Diamond Tiara glared over at the CMC, who had formed a wall in front of the baby pink chick. Diamond Tiara knew they were up to something, and she wanted to know what.

“What are you hiding back there?” She forced her way through the filly wall and looked down at the baby chick. It looked up at her with its adorable pink fuzzy self all puffed out. Diamond Tiara stopped in her tracks. She had never before seen something so cute and adorable. She stood there and she felt something deep inside of her. It was something she had never felt before, stirring around and coming to the surface. Was she starting to. . . to care? To feel?

The little pink chick leaped up and snatched the tiara of her head. It landed behind her and took off at a full sprint before Diamond Tiara could stop it. It raced out of the cottage and headed for Ponyville. Diamond Tiara angrily glared at the CMC.

“I AM NEVER COMING ANYWHERE NEAR YOU EVER AGAIN YOU BLANK FLANK-”

Tessla and Fluttershy quickly lunged to cover the ears of the CMC. Diamond Tiara went off on a tirade of bleeps, blips, tootsy-fruitsies, and several other sounds that would traumatize Fluttershy later on. Even Silver Spoon was taken aback. A very red in the face Diamond Tiara stormed out of the cottage leaving smoldering hoof prints in her wake.

Silver Spoon looked back and forth between the open door and the CMC. She just shrugged her shoulders after a moment and headed for the door. But before she left she stopped and looked back. The CMC had their ears free now and she told them something they never thought they would hear from her lips.

“Thank you,” She said, “For taking me home, I mean.” Then she was gone.

“Whoa,” Pinkie Pie said, “That was intense.”