• Published 5th Feb 2015
  • 843 Views, 22 Comments

Pawprints and hourglasses - RustyKat



Wolves and dragons..... a story of a ponywolf hybrid who just wanted to belong.

  • ...
20
 22
 843

A little closer than friends......

"Woah, wait.... if I get captured... who will watch Rusty?" His eyes narrowed in contempt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vlad and Crystal tried to work out a plan through their fogged brains, but the thoughts simply fizzled out before they sprung up into a plan.

"Okay.... there's nothing we can do, except wait for this damn drug to wear off." said Vlad. "But in the meantime..." , He pointed to a nearby cave. "We can hide until they give up the search."

"Hide with you!?" The very thought of being alone with someone she just met sprang a few questions of her own.

Vlad gave a light chuckle. "That's what I said." In the faint light of the sunset, he finally got a good look to his friend Crystal. The sunlight gently reflected upon her dark coat, making it turn a different shade of blue, and dusted the ends of her mane a light gold. The eyes of red and green searched him for answers, but as they met his, he couldn't help but feel as though he must protect her. He suddenly brought her closer, and shivered as the air temperature lowered by 2 degrees.

"It's getting a bit cold out here, and I don't have a thick coat like you do to protect me. You don't mind, do you?"

"No...n...not at all." Crystal flattened her ears as they went into the cave, catching the faint smell of worn leather. His grip was firm but soft... and reassuring. It felt safe in his hooves, despite what she thought. She heard herself give a light low purr.

"You feel safe, no?" said Vlad with an amused tone. He watched as Crystal fell asleep, before he did as well, relishing in the faint smell of the woods upon her thick luxurious fur.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Well, that's a good question... where is she anyway?"
They both looked around, and there was no trace of the little pup who was just dozing moments earlier.

"This is bad.... very bad. What if Crystal finds out I lost Rusty!?" His spines on his back arched with alarm. He knew Crystal's temper very well. If she found out about him loosing Rusty..... He gave a shudder. "We have to find her."


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Meanwhile, Rusty had woken to her father talking to a bug mare. Strange, she thought. What kind of animal is half bug? But as luck would have it, she was suddenly distracted by a small yellow butterfly that had flown closer. She jumped to catch it in her tiny paws, but missed, and chased the butterfly as it began to fly away. She didn't realize how far she had chased it though, before it flew out of her sight.

Suddenly, a gasp. "Hey! Dude, look at this!" A changeling picked up Rusty and looked her over with his blue compound eyes. "It's some sort of puppy!"
Rusty wagged her tail, oblivious to the obvious danger in front of her, happy to meet someone new.