• Published 20th Jan 2015
  • 4,877 Views, 35 Comments

Twilight's Pet Tentacle - Michael Hudson



Twilight adopts a wounded baby tentacle beast from Fluttershy for the sake of researching the never before seen monster. This is their story.

  • ...
23
 35
 4,877

The End

Twilight sat back as Fluttershy finally started to back away from Tentle. Sweat covered the yellow pegasus’s brow and at any moment the stare would break. It was the only way they could come up with though to not get either possibly killed, at least not while getting him there. When he woke up was a different case.

Magic filled the air around Fluttershy and when she simply couldn’t take it anymore, she blinked. Immediately she was ten feet away from the clearing and could hear the roar that their pet gave out to the change in environment. Trees let out loud smacks, branches let out a cacophony of crashes, all while tentacles flew about in a wild frenzy of fear. Fluttershy backed away while Twilight stood resolute.

“You don’t actually expect him to be able to listen to you anytime soon, right Twilight?”

Twilight only watched the chaos instead of looking back as she answered. “I hope he will and if he can’t, I will face the dangers. He was and still is my responsibility and I’m not just about to abandon him without saying goodbye. You may go if you wish Fluttershy. In fact,” she paused as she mulled over the idea in her head, “I think I would actually prefer it if you left.”

Fluttershy’s eyes widened. “Are… are you sure.” She watched as Twilight nodded and saw the a solitary tear fall from her face. Fluttershy gave her friend a soft smile as she turned away. She herself had experienced such pains before, but knew Twilight was more than strong enough to take it.

Tentle let out another roar and Twilight swallowed hard as she watched him dig up the hard earth beneath him. He had already grown to be so big so fast. This also meant he had become quite deadly, at least in theory. Her horn flickered to life as a scent she could barely trace filled the air about her.

The beast froze in place as it picked up the scent and let out a low pitched whine. Twilight almost felt her heart break as the tentacles became more frantic as he now grabbed whatever was in reach. She sent her magic out again and placed a calming auric hoof near his base. The creature slowed its movement, though the earth in front of it still almost exploded with about ten tentacles.

Twilight stepped forward and ducked underneath one of the black vines as she came closer. One blow would probably knock her out and she couldn’t risk it. The magical hoof disappeared momentarily and appeared on the other side of the core. She slammed herself to the ground the free tentacles whipped about to now try to reach for its mother again.

At this point loud echoing whines filled the clearing. Twilight’s eyes filled with tears as she hopped over the last obstacle and she was finally next to the core of her pet. Her wonderful, little pet. She nuzzled against it before sitting down, unable to control the few more tears that fell from her muzzle.

Two tentacles snaked around her hind hooves tentatively to make sure it was the real thing and not another fake and felt her shake. One of the bulbed vines came around to in front of her face before nuzzling her. A slight giggle escaped from the princess as the sucker took one of the tears.

“I’m sorry Tentle. We should have at least warned you you were moving, but then we would have had to tell you why.”

A low growl came from Tentle. Twilight guessed it was because she thought she was hurt, and the few more tentacles that came over and started to prod her body for injury proved it to her. “I’m fine, I promise.”

Tentle retracted his limbs as he tried to figure out what it was. He had only heard his mother and beloved Twilight be like this about one time and then that had been after he had tried mating with her. Twilight heard the growl become a roar as she was pulled into the air.

“Tentle, I’m okay. Nopony hurt me.” Even with that said she couldn’t stop crying.

The beast kept Twilight in his coils as he continued to check her and more and more of his tentacles decided to join. None of them found what caused her pain though. She had tension, but no where near the levels she had had in the past. Tentle let out small whine as he brought her closer.

Twilight extended her one free hoof and stroked against the core of the beast. For a moment the tentacles squeezed her tighter. They let go though and it only broke Twilight’s heart further. He trusted her so much, but now she had to betray him. You have to. Just keep telling yourself that Twilight.

“Tentle, after today, I don’t know if I’ll ever see you again. I… I can’t keep taking care of you. Other ponies wouldn’t understand and-” Fear raced through her as a tentacle closed her muzzle. Another came around wrapped over her throat. Finally her eyes were covered and she was a mummified pony within his coils.

Heat was all around her, and soon Twilight realized she had nothing to fear. None of the tentacles were touching her inappropriately, and they barely moved. She was simply being held by the creature she had grown so fond of and would enjoy it for all she could. After what she had hoped was hours, the tentacles moved away.

She could hear its whine. Hear the crashing of the tentacles as it moved away of its own volition. Twilight never opened her eyes though. She would want one more hug, on more nuzzle, one more massage, and she couldn’t. Instead she turned around and did as the beast did: cry until she found her way ‘home’.

Comments ( 30 )

Posting all of the chapters to a story at once usually isn't the recommended course of action.
I'm going in!
~TOOWC
EDIT(X2): All in all, it was nothing special(no offense). Worthy of a like, at least. :twilightsmile:

5528657 I tried fixing the line as you are correct that it was a good bit harsher then Flutters should be. Also, thank you for spotting the screw up there in the story. As for the whole, don't publish all chapters at once, this is written to be a one shot, but two chapter breaks made sense to me since the middle chapter is so full of page breaks and is of a different style then the other two.

THAT'S SO SAD:fluttercry:

5528934 Quick question. Did you ever think you would feel bad for the tentacle beast in a tentacle fic?

yea i would if it wasn't the raping killing kind then i would :eeyup:

5528949 Oh, a tentale beast is a cliche thing now, so subverting expectations is in vogue. There are quite a few unfortunate tentacles there in the archives.

I'm not quite sure what happened there.
Also,
Why is there a sex tag?

5529229 It is because of sexual bits that are suggested and talked about in the journal though no sex happens. As for what happened, Tentle left. I have a couple different reasonings for it, but I like to leave it to your interpretation.

A new tentacle fic? Whoah it must be my birthday
Oh wait... it is my birthday

5529471 Nu. Take that.... thing away.

Awww I feel so sorry for Tentle now. The feels are real

way to give in to peer pressure, twilight. 'other ponies wouldn't understand.' fuck other ponies! he trusted you, and you left him to fend for himself! fuck you twilight and fluttershy, just fuck you.

5529705 I see it as her remembering it is a beast, a dangerous one at that. If Twilight had not done what she did, there could have been dire consequences for other ponies and him by the end of it.

5529730 and discord was the physical incarnation of chaos, yet they let him get reformed. and he didn't even stay reformed! he betrayed them later on! at least Tentle was raised on pony nature. yeah, there were some hiccups here and there, but he never hurt anyone, and clearly demonstrated that he was intelligent enough to both understand and communicate with ponies. so how is him getting left in the evefree raised? that would be like raising your dog domestically, and then releasing him into the wilds.

5530254 I could argue that nopony wanted Discord in the first place and it was only on Princess's orders that he was allowed to be released and live with others. Discord also didn't kill ponies, something Tentle showed himself to be very capable of. I would really rather not continue this argument though as this is currently the worst voted thing I have and that is just down right depressing for me. I'm sorry you can't see how Twilight might be hoping to protect him with a plan made on such short notice, but this is how I decided to end the story and I'm sorry you don't like it.

5529705 It ate a fucking bear. I think it'll be okay

Interesting story. I applaud you for writing a non-clop piece of tentacle fiction and I especially like how you provided a reasonable explanation for why tentacle creatures have sex with mammals.

But this story has a couple of issues that I think are holding it back. There are a few grammar/punctuation type errors and some odd sounding dialogue. But the larger issue is that it's a bit too short. There's a lot going on here and you gloss over a lot of it. Twilight's growing acceptance of her new pet, why she is so convinced pony's won't understand if she wants to keep him, and Tentles rapid growth.

I like the journal entries mixed with regular story telling, I just think there needs to be more of it. It's hard for me to feel bad for the tentacle monster if I barely know him.

Alright, a couple of times you strayed from the journal entry format to standard narrative, with no transition.

Dear diary,

It has officially been two months since I first adopted Tentle. I am taking this rainy night as a chance to catch up as my work has kept me away from this journal. Tentle is doing well, though Spike doesn’t like it now being larger than I am. My guess of another two months seems to be fairly accurate, if not a little overshot for when it must be moved.

I have been allowing Tentle more time to stretch his tentacles and become more accustomed to the castle in its entirety when I can. I believe my guess on its territorial patterns are correct as he often ends up only leaving for a few minutes to explore a few feet before returning to his home. I am a bit afraid of being smacked when we have to move him, but it is a risk I will have to make.

I still have not made much progress on whether it is male or-

Boom!

Twilight glanced out the window when she heard the thundercrack but then looked behind her to Tentle’s steel box as it rattled. She flew up and over it before peering within. Tentle was backed away into one corner, a mass of eighteen tentacles that writhed about.

Dear Tentle,

It’s me Twilight and my heart breaks as I listen to you outside. I know the bear wasn’t from near by. I know you were just trying to protect us, but Fluttershy could have taken care of it.

Crunch, snap, slurp.

Twilight looked outside into the dark night and the outline of Tentle. It had been about sunset when the bear had arrived. Tentle had just wanted to protect us, but to watch him devour such a beast part by part. Twilight swallowed hard to control her gag reflex. She trotted over to Fluttershy and sat on the couch next to her.

Fluttershy glanced over. “I don’t think he can stay. He was already starting to outgrow the clearing anyways.”

“Don’t say it like that.”

She glanced down. “I’m sorry Twilight. I’m just trying to tell you the truth. I was hoping it might help.”

Twilight glanced back out and rubbed her eyes. “You’re, you’re right. I’ll… I’ll take care of it tomorrow.” She levitated the book back over and wrote, I loved you as my pet Tentle, and I promise to find you somewhere safe to finish growing. Promise.

-Twilight Sparkle.

The story really needs something to make the entry portions more clear if you are going to use both styles. I have seen both 'all italic' and 'quote box' formatting work quite well in other stories with this style of writing.


5530294 I wouldn't really worry about the guy who can't even use proper grammar in his posts. Especially if his arguments and similes don't hold water.

that would be like raising your dog domestically, and then releasing him into the wilds.

Really? Because it is nothing like that. Dogs have been raised domestically for thousands of generations and had their instincts deliberately bred out. So then, given that generations of select breeding makes a poor comparison to an individual that was the first of its kind to be taken from the wild and raised in captivity, lets say a wild born wolf.

that would be like raising your wild born wolf domestically, and then releasing him into the wilds.

Well, no that still doesn't hold water. Wolves are pack hunters depending heavily on strength of numbers to overcome stronger prey. Tentle tore apart a fucking bear. Highly territorial with asexual reproduction requiring only a host of any fair sized species for incubation means that it is most certainly a solitary predator. Extremely strong, armored core, proven 'super predator' by the bear, survived an alicorn's panicked attempt to kill it, and camouflaged... That right there just fucking screams apex predator. It was also at least the size of a manticore at the end there and it was never stated that it was finished growing which makes it one of the largest predators, baring the Star Beasts. So then the final, accurate, simile would be;

that would be like raising your tyrannosaurus domestically, and then releasing him into the wilds.

...
Wow, with an accurate simile the very basis of his outrage just shrivels up.

at least Tentle was raised on pony nature. yeah, there were some hiccups here and there, but he never hurt anyone, and clearly demonstrated that he was intelligent enough to both understand and communicate with ponies. so how is him getting left in the evefree raised?

Tehehehe, he really just said that they were wrong because Tentle was raised by ponies and then immediately asked in what way was Tentle raised by ponies! He really just pissed all over his own argument!:rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh:

5531517 Out of curiosity, did you enjoy the story still?

5532195 Oh, yeah. I liked it. But you talking about it being your most unpopular being depressing, some people will dislike just for the tentacle thing. Given the guarantee of anti-tentacle dislikes any real issues that could potentially bring a reader below the actively upvote threshold will have a disproportionate impact on the overall rating of the story.

Needs an alternate ending.

This didn't follow any of my expectations and turned out to be one of the sweetest pony/pet stories I've read. You combined Twilight's of fear of the unknown and uncommunicative and her tentative (lel) confidence that her friend won't hurt her intentionally and it worked very well. I also felt your characterization of the ponies was faithful to source in an otherwise bizarre situation, so kudos.

So thanks for that.

Tentle noooooooo :raritycry: :fluttercry: :pinkiesad2:

Well, that certainly didn't go down nearly the way I expected it to, just going by the tagging. One of those rare few times when morbid curiosity actually paid off for me - that was an interesting and kinda of heartwarming read, in a slightly depressing kind of way.

Poor Tentle...

What will happen of someone find him accidently?
(Better not think of that.)

And what will happen if he remembers the way back to Ponyville?
Will he be mad/happy/sad/something else to see Twilight again?


5529471
Do you want to scare the living daylight out of us?
Because that's how you scare the living daylight out of us.

Twilight guessed it was because she thought she was hurt, and the few more tentacles that came over and started to prod her body for injury proved it to her. “I’m fine, I promise.”

I believe this word is meant to refer to Tentle, and as such, the word should be "he"

This was a nice story. Gave me some of those feels. No tears, of course, but it was nice.

Login or register to comment