• Published 13th Jan 2015
  • 5,297 Views, 152 Comments

Loves Weird - ILIKEBOOKS



Spike has a crush on Rarity, but certain fillies are making him question his feelings for her.

  • ...
13
 152
 5,297

Chapter 3

Spike sat up from his basket and he pulled the blankets off of his body then stood up. Spike pulled his arm up to smell it an action that he immediately regretted doing. "Wow I smell horrible I guess sweating in your sleep makes you stink, I should go take a shower. Spike walked out of the room as quietly as possible so he wouldn't wake up Twilight. He walked into the bathroom and stared at himself in the mirror.

"Who's that handsome dragon in the mirror oh wait it's me" Spike spun around and struck a pose. After Spike finished admiring himself he turned on the bath and allowed the water to fill up the tub. Spike added bubble bath to the the pool of water. Spike dipped his toe in the water and sighed the water was perfect he then slowly lowered himself into the tub. Spike soaked himself in the water for about a good twenty minutes. Afterwards he drained the water from the tub and wrapped a towel around his waist.

"Hey Spike you're up early," Twilight said. Her eyes had a slight tint of red in them an obvious sign the the alicorn stayed up late reading and studying.

"Yeah, I did go to sleep pretty early," Spike said trying his best to sound annoyed. Not wanting to push the subject Twilight just nodded and walked down the staircase. "Thank goodness I really didn't want to tell her about my dream especially after what happened at the end" Spike thought as he used the towel to dry off the rest of his body. Spike walked down the stairs and saw Twilight eating a bowl of oats. Spike had no idea how she could eat that without even a grain of sugar. He walked in the kitchen and grabbed the box of oats. He poured it into the bowl, grabbed a jar of sugar and scooped out a spoonful of sugar and dumped it into his cereal. Spike always wondered why ponies used forks and spoons they seemed like they were made just for griffins, dragons, and minotaurs. He ate his food quickly and placed the bowl in the sink.

"Are you going to Rarity's house today, Spike?," Twilight already knew that he had a crush on the white unicorn in fact anypony with eyes could tell that the dragon was completely enamored with her, well except Rarity.

"Actually no, I'm spending my day with The Cutie Mark Crusaders," Spike said. This answer completely threw Twilight off guard.

"Wait, what you are going to spend the day with The Cutie Mark Crusaders?" Twilight said.

"Yep, I'm spending the entire day with them," Spike said. A small grin grew on Twilight's face. She always wanted Spike to spend time with fillies his age now that he is she couldn't help but smile. "Maybe if Spike spends time with fillies his age he would finally get over his crush on Rarity, He might even get a marefriend," Twilight wasn't one for romance but Spike dating one of the CMC might be the cutest thing she ever seen.

"Well have fun Spike, don't stay out too late and send me a message if you want to spend the night at one of their houses," She said.

"Don't worry, Twi I got it covered," Spike then grabbed the door handle and opened the door. Spike walked outside and made his way to the Carousel Boutique. The town wasn't big and busy like Manehattan or Canterlot but a decent amount of ponyfolk were out at the vendors or talking to each other about idle gossip. Spike passed by Lyra and Bonbon who were talking about how candy was made or about Lyra's recent concert. Spike swore those two never seem not to be together. As Spike continued walking he spotted Applejack at her vendor selling apples.

"Howdy Spike," Applejack called out in her usual southern accent.

"Hi Applejack watcha doing?" Spike asked.

"Same old, same old selling apples," Applejack pulled one out of the bucket and handed it to Spike. "Want one?"

"Sure, how much are they?" Spike asked.

A grin formed on her face. "For ya, consider them on the house,"

"Really, no joke?" Spike asked with enthusiasm in his voice.

"Sure, thang after what Applebloom told me ya did for her consider it a thank you," A small patch of pink formed on the drake's scales as she mentioned Applebloom. Spike happily grabbed the apple and made his way down the road. Spike took a big bite off the apple and savored the juices. With no doubt in his mind that the Apple family grows the best apples in all of equestria. As Spike continued walking the Carousel Boutique came into view. He opened the door and small chiming could be heard from the bells placed on the door. Rarity walked down the staircase and said.

"Welcome to The Carousel Boutique how can I hel.. Oh hello Spikey Wikey," Rarity said dropping the salespony voice. Rarity walked over and gave Spike a playful nuzzle. Which caused the drakes cheeks to go red. "So what do you need darling?"

"I came here to pick up Sweetiebelle," Spike said with almost literal hearts in his eyes.

"Oh yes, SWEETIEBELLE YOU HAVE A FRIEND HERE!" Rarity yelled to get Sweetie's attention whom was upstairs.

"I'll be down there in a sec sis," Sweetiebelle called from upstairs.

"Sorry for the yelling Spikey it's just sometimes she won't listen unless she hears you perfectly,"

"Can't say that Twilight never yells at me, but it's usually don't burn the books when you sneeze Spike!" Spike said in his best Twilight Sparkle impression. Which caused both the drake and mare to start giggling. Sweetiebelle hopped down the stairs with a wide smile. "Hey Sweetie, what's with the saddle bags?"

"Oh these have supplies so we can come up with things for us to get our cutie marks" Sweetie said. "So you ready to go?"

"You betcha," So the pair headed off through the city.

Author's Note:

What will happen next? Will Spike get a girlfriend? Will Pinkie stop liking cupcakes. Will Twilight lose her horn? Find out next Dragon Ball Z umm I mean the next chapter.