• Published 12th Jan 2015
  • 1,726 Views, 42 Comments

Kingdom Hearts: Star Swirl´s Legacy - NightmareShredder



When the Tree of Harmony is destroyed and three suspicious ponies arrive in Ponyville, it is up to Twilight and her friends to uncover a secret, which is older than Equestria itself, to prevent the darkness from swallowing their world.

  • ...
2
 42
 1,726

Chapter Six

Author's Note:

Really? A new chapter?

Eeyup!:eeyup: Took my lazy ass long enough.

Have fun. :pinkiehappy:

Chapter 6 – Gummy's Super Stellar-bration

Sora stood in a clearing in the middle of a forest. It was dark and quiet, with only a few stray rays of silvery light through the canopy allowing him to look around.

The forest before him looked calm and beautiful. The leaves rustled in the soft, near-autumn breeze. A small pond reflected a beautiful night's sky.

"Looks like your spell worked, Donald," Sora said, inspecting one of his new hooves. "I'm a pony now?"

"Uh huh. This world's full of 'em. It should be easy to blend in," Donald explained.

Donald's own pony form was white, with a slightly ruffled mane and tail. His favourite blue hat rested on his head; a spiraling white horn, a little stubbier than the ones on the statues in Twilight Town, peeked out from under the brim. His wand lay next to him on the ground.

Goofy's coat was cream-colored, his mane gray. He had also kept his hat, a battered orange bag of felt, and his shield was strapped to his foreleg. Two gray wings sprouted from his back. He reminded Sora of Hercules' friend Pegasus.

"Look at you guys! Why the long faces?" Sora joked.

Donald and Goofy both pointed at him. "Look who's talking!" they said together.

The trio's careless laughter echoed through the woods.

After they calmed down a bit, Sora checked his reflection in the pond. He was brown, his mane just a bit darker than his coat. His eyes were still blue, and he still wore his necklace with the crown-shaped pendant. Unfortunately, he didn't see a horn or wings. "Hey, why didn't you give me wings?" Sora asked with a hint of jealousy.

"I'm sorry, Sora. I didn't add these," Donald answered, poking his horn with his hoof. "This world has its own magic."

Sora shrugged, and turned back to his reflection. There was something on his flank. A closer look was enough for him to identify it as the star-shaped paopu fruit. "Guys? Do you have these too?"

They did. Donald's looked like a magic wand topped with the king's seal, while Goofy's looked like the shield on his foreleg, decorated with wings.

"Wah! What are these?" Donald flopped to the ground and tried to scrape off his mark, but when he looked again, it was still there.

"Don't worry Donald. I bet it's just more of this place's magic!" Goofy said reassuringly.

"I just hope it isn't permanent," Donald grumbled.

Sora stepped away from his friends, listening to the leaves rustling of leaves in the wind. Faint among them, he thought he heard music, and occasional peals of laughter. An excited smile crossed his face, and he turned back to his friends.

"Enough standing around. Let's go exploring!" he said, following the sounds of fun.

The other two followed him, chuckling in anticipation.


Their search didn't take long. The music, it turned out, was coming from a small village. Despite the hour, there were all kinds of ponies in the streets. By following one group of ponies, Sora, Donald, and Goofy reached the town square.

The square was positively packed, with ponies, fairground games, and an array of food stands whose keepers hawked strange and familiar wares. Sora's nose wrinkled at the thought of daffodil sandwiches or "hay fries," but his inner child kicked up its heels when he saw the enormous array of sweets.

The music came from a stage, decorated with a banner that read Gummy's Super Stellar-bration. A white unicorn with an electric blue mane and violet shades spun a pair of turntables, and the crowd was happy to dance along.

It all reminded Sora of King Mickey's world, Disney Town; peaceful, yet exciting, like a childs dream come true. Radiant, colorful, innocent, having been spared the touch of darkness for a long time.

Sora was just about to share his amazement with Donald and Goofy when a pink pony landed directly in front of him, bouncing happily and seizing him with a curious glimmer in her sapphire eyes. "I found you!"

Sora blinked in surprise. "Were you looking for me?"

"Of course!" the pony said, bubbling with barely-restrained excitement. "You're new, and every new pony should feel welcome in Ponyville. So I threw you a party, and now you'll just have the best night ever, and make a bunch of new friends! Like me, Pinkie Pie, and my pet alligator Gummy. He doesn't normally help with my parties, but he was so excited about this one. Do you like it?"

Soras head spun with questions as he tried to follow Pinkie Pie's breakneck stream of consciousness. She'd known he'd be coming? Or her pet "Gummi" did? But Sora simply couldn't suspect the pink, fluffy pony. The friendliness in her face was so real, Sora couldn't help but smile along. Suddenly, her eyes went even wider, and she gasped. "Silly billy, I forgot to ask your name!"

"It's Sora," he said, "and my friends are Donald and Goofy. Should I call you Pinkie Pie?"

"Just Pinkie," she said with a smile. "It's what my friends call me. Ooh, let me introduce you! I can show you around too."

"Sounds great! We're right behind you."

Pinkie led the trio deeper into Ponyville, bouncing like Tigger did on his spring-loaded tail instead of walking.

"I don't think we should waste our time here," Donald whispered.

"It can't hurt to take a look around, Donald. Don't be so serious all the time, " Sora countered.

"Whatever it is we are looking for, I bet we find clues if we talk to as many ponies as possible," Goofy added. "Yen Sid told us to invast … invers … "

"Investigate," Donald corrected, then did a double take and sighed when he realized he was arguing against his own point.

"See? What Goofy said," confirmed Sora, adding a bit of spring to his steps to catch up to their guide.

They eventually reached the buffet, where Pinkie jumped into a group of four other ponies and one creature Sora had never seen before. It looked like Mushu from the Land of Dragons, but much taller and with a Halloween Town makeover. The dragon's limbs were from all over the animal kingdom, tied on with bandages.

"Hey guys, I have great news! I made three new friends! I told you missing out was not an option," Pinkie giggled. Her friends turned their heads couriously.

"Sora, Donald, Goofy, these are my bestest friends in the world! This here is Applejack," she said, pointing at an orange pony with cowboy hat, then hopped between two winged ponies. "Here we have Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash." Finally, she pointed her hoof at the last two. "And last but not least, Rarity and Discord. Only I can't say last but not least because there's one more pony you just have to meet … "

Pinkie's rambling faded into the background amidst the scene Donald was making. He'd gasped and hidden behind Goofy as soon as he spotted Rarity. He looked like the poised white unicorn, or maybe her purple dress, reminded him of someone.

"Daisy?"

"What? Did you say something?" Rarity asked."You know it's rude to stare at a lady like that."

Sora nudged his friend. "Sorry! What he meant to say was that we're glad to meet so many nice people."

"What're people?"

"Huh?"

Applejack looked skeptically at Sora. "You just called us people. We're ponies."

Sora gulped. Too many slip-ups like that, and the ponies might find out there were other worlds!

"Yeah, sure! I meant to say ponies. We're from kinda far away, so … " he stammered.

"Well we've traveled all over Equestria, and I've never been called a people," Rainbow Dash was hovering now, her forelegs crossed in front of her chest.

This was getting difficult. All eyes were glued on Sora and his friends, even Fluttershy's, through her mane. Fortunately, Pinkie interrupted, pointing excitedly. "Found them!" Sora followed her outstretched hoof toward an approaching purple pony, slightly taller than the others, with wings and a horn. A small purple dragon with green spikes rode on her back. "Sora, Donald, Goofy, meet our bestest dragon-friend in all of Equestria, Spike, and the Princess of Friendship, Twilight Sparkle!"

"Princess?" The trio gawked, then bowed stiffly. "We're honored, your majesty." Twilight regarded them with a curious twinkle in her eyes, and bade them rise with an awkward smile and a wave of her hoof.

"I heard what happened. It can be overwhelming meeting so many new ponies at once." Twilight's expression turned wistful for a moment, then she composed herself and approached the trio.

"Would you like to talk one on—er, in private for a bit?"

"Uhm … yeah, sure."

Thankful for the escape, and hopeful that the princess could give them a clue to this world's seven pure lights, Sora and his friends followed Twilight. She and Spike led them away from the busy square, towards a huge crystal structure that glimmered in the moonlight.

"Talk about overwhelming! What is this place?" Sora craned his neck up in awe. The ediface grew like a tree, with a palace perched in its branches, all topped by an enormous crystal starburst.

"This is my castle. I'm still getting used to it myself," Twilight answered. Her horn glowed, and the big double doors swung open to let them in.

"You're way too modest!" Spike said. "Twilight got this rad castle after she and her friends defeated this gigantic, magic-stealing Monster named Tirek and—"

Spike was interrupted as Twilight shut the doors behind them and looked around to make sure they were alone. Then, abruptly, she rounded on Sora, her voice eager. "Okay, who are you?"

Sora, not expecting the princess to start interrogating him again, fumbled for words. "I'm Sora, and my friends are Donald and Goofy. Didn't you hear Pinkie Pie?"

"You know what I mean. I know where they say 'people,' and it's not here in Equestria. You're from the human world right?" Receiving no answer, Twilight narrowed her eyes and pressed harder. "And I have a feeling that you can tell me about all the crazy things that have happened today"

Sora's jaw gaped in surprise. Fortunately, Goofy stepped in. "So you're sayin' you know about the other worlds? I thought they were supposed to be a secret."

Twilight frowned. "Other worlds? I know of one. I have a magic mirror I can use to go there." She paused. "But if you didn't know that you couldn't have come through. So how did you get here?"

Sora sighed. There was no point trying to keep their secret now. Twilight had already traveled the worlds. She had the right to know what he knew. Maybe she would even be able to help. Sora looked at his friends, first Donald, then Goofy. Both gave him reassuring nods.

It took a while, but they told Twilight all about other worlds, about the broken barrier, and about their mission to find seven pure lights.


"So … you are three are travelers who fly from world to world, defending them from creatures of darkness called Heartless. And since we might be on the precipice of disaster, your master sent you out to help us."

It was all so much to take in for Twilight. She sat there, trying to process it all. The more she thought about it, though, the more it all fit together. The sky breaking, the new stars, even her dream. She was sure Sora was the stallion she saw on the stained glass platform. She still couldn't figure out what it meant, but she knew she had to stick with those three, if she wanted to uncover what happened to Equestria.

But she decided to keep the dream between herself and Princess Luna for now.

"Yeah, that sounds about right," Sora said. "Do you know anything about seven pure lights? Or did anything strange happen? Maybe some guys in black coats showed up?"

Twilight shook her head, trying to fit these new pieces of information into her rapidly expanding universe.

"I've never heard of seven pure lights. There are the Elements of Harmony, but there's only six of them." Sora's face fell, and Twilight scrambled for something to tell him. "My friends saw some suspicious creatures near the Everfree Forest. We think that's where all the trouble started. We can't get in and check it out, though. It's closed off by magical thorns. Discord can get us in, but he was injured, so we're waiting for him to recover."

"We'll come with you," Sora said. "That sounds like it's our best shot to find what we are looking for anyway."

"And I think it is about time you got back to the party. Keeping your friends waiting is such rude behavior for a princess." Sora's head snapped to the door in surprise, but Twilight recognized Discord's teasing voice. His magic must be returning. He hadn't popped in, but he'd gotten the door open without a sound. Not that he was keeping quiet any more.

"I know it's not every day we're joined by a trio of handsome stallions, but running off just as soon as you meet them? Ponies will talk." He slithered up to the ponies, an impish grin on his face.

Twilight was about to respond, but was interrupted by a magical glimmer flying in through a window and blinding everypony with a flash of light.

Twilight rubbed her eyes to get back her vision. What at first looked like a pink blurr, soon resolved into a very familiar pony.

"Cadance?"

Twilight quickly jumped in front of her. She had so many questions. "How did you get here? What happened? Why didn't you answer my letter? Where's Shining Armor? Why—" She was interrupted by a small claw, poking the side of her neck. "Hey!"

Spike shook his head silently, gesturing at Cadance. Her eyes were wide and unblinking. Her mouth sputtered, opening and closing with the pink alicorn's own unspeakable questions.

Twilight took a step forward and poured all the reassurance she could into a hug for her former foal sitter. The others watched in silence.

Shortly, Cadance's breathing began to calm down. She sighed. "Thanks Twilight, but we don't have much time." She broke the hug, the better to look seriously into Twilight's eyes. "The Crystal Empire is under attack! Shining Armor sent me here with this," She held up a blue, star-shaped crystal. "I have to talk to Princess Celestia and Princess Luna immediately. I don't know how long he can hold them back."

"Spike, send a message to Canterlot!"

"You can count on me!" The baby dragon jumped off Twilight's back, running into the nearest study for paper and a quill.

"You've been attacked? What did they look like?" Sora asked insistently. Both princesses flinched at the reminder that they were not alone.

Twilight spoke first. "Cadance, these are Sora, Donald and Goofy. They came here to help."

Her sister-in-law sized them up, her expression softening. Still, worry clearly quavered in her voice. "They had all kinds of shapes. Some of them even looked like ponies, but made of darkness, with yellow eyes and heart-shaped crests instead of their cutie marks."

"So the Heartless are already here?" Donald sighed and lowered his head. "This is very bad."

"Heartless?" Cadance's eyes widened further at the implications of the name.

"Yes, and it's our job to defeat them," said Sora hotly. "How do we get to the Crystal Empire?"

"Normally we'd take a train … " said Twilight, in a tone that said that wasn't an option. The last train of the night had left hours ago. And walking would take weeks. "How did you get here Cadance?"

"Shining Armor shoved this under my wing and it somehow brought me here." Cadance stretched out her hoof to show the star again, but it was gone. "Where is it? I swear I had it just a second ago!"

"Now, where have I seen this before?" Discord mused, turning the crystal in his paw to get a look at it from different angles.

Donald, however, recognized the device immediately. "Wah! Sora, that's a Star Shard."

"You know how to use it?" Twilight asked. Donald nodded vigorously. "Discord, you have to give that back!"

"Okay, okay! No need to be so rude. I was just curious." the draconequus made to hand the crystal over, but suddenly it began to glow. Within seconds, the first faint glimmer had grown to envelope Discord, transforming him into a ball of light that beelined back out the window.

They all stood there, mouths agape, looking first at the spot where Discord had been, then at the window and back. Their only way to get to the Crystal Empire was gone.

Spike came back, a waving a scroll in his claw. "Twilight! Celestia already answered! You— Hey, why's everypony so quiet? Where's Discord?"

Twilight wanted to cry out at the unfairness of it all. Thousands of questions, no answers, and as soon as she saw some way to untangle all the loose ends, it literally flew out the window. But she needed to keep calm. She took a short breath, putting a hoof on her chest and letting it extend as she exhaled, just like Cadance once taught her.

"It's okay Spike. What did Celestia say?" she said, her voice brittle.

The dragon's eyes flew over the letter for a second. "She wants to talk to Cadance … They're going to organize an offensive to get back the Crystal Empire … Oh and she's given you and the girls the okay to fix the Tree of Harmony. "

Spike glanced up from the parchment, his pupils narrowing into slits. "Twilight, watch out!"

Twilight turned, and jumped in surprise. Only a few feet away, a horde of the grasping, fidgedty shadow creatures from her dream rose balefully out of the floor.

"Impossible! What—?"

Before she was able to shake her initial shock, a bright light flashed before Twilight's eyes. She blinked them clear, just in time to see Sora and his friends slam into the enemies.

While Goofy spun in quick circles to corner the shadows, Sora sprinted right through them, wielding a huge key in his mouth like a sword. Charging in with a battlecry of his own, Donald pointed his wand into the air. A barrage of lightning struck all the remaining creatures, turning them into black mist.

In a matter of seconds, the battle was over.

Cadance, Spike and Twilight stood there, looking at the trio of fighters. Spike found his voice first. "What the hay were those things?"

But Sora was still tense. He raised a hoof to stop the others from questioning further. "It's not over yet. Can you hear that?"

Twilight listened. There were screams coming from Ponyville. Her dream was coming true! The flames … the darkness … she had to save her friends!

Without a second's thought, she teleported away.

Comments ( 2 )

UH-OH, THE HEARTLESS ON PONYVILE HAS BEGUN!!!:pinkiegasp:

I need more of this awesome!!!

Login or register to comment