• Published 10th Jan 2015
  • 2,756 Views, 44 Comments

Fading Memories Create New Ones - Killjoy_Writer



Turquoise Blitz is having a hard time with Anthea's death. But one mare will help him keep a promise for life: To keep moving on.

  • ...
3
 44
 2,756

Chapter Nine - Hidden Secrets

Chapter Nine – Hidden Secrets


T woke up to the sound of Nidra's groaning. He casually stood up and shut the blinds. “And you told me to take it easy.” T chuckled as he walked over to her.

“Oh shut it.” she groaned, “I think that fourth martini really did it for me......”

“I'll get our breakfast.” T smiled, “And an ice pack.”

“Thanks.....” she continued to groan. T walked put and made sure to shut the door quietly. He walked along for a few minutes until he finally found the kitchen. It was a really large and well-stocked place that had all the foods and ingredients under Celestia's sun. He walked along until he bumped into somepony. “I'm so sorry Celestia!” he apologized as he helped the princess to her feet.

“Don't be, Turquoise.” she stated as she brushed off, “Never been in here?”

“Can't say that I have.” T answered as he looked around.

“I'm just glad my breakfast wasn't ruined.” she smiled as she revealed that she was carrying a triple fudge cake with pink swirls on the icing.

“Wait, isn't that-?” T began to ask when he realized who the recipe was from, “Was that from Candy's cookbook?” Celestia nodded. Why haven't I been here sooner??? “You're telling me that Candy gave you her Cookbook of Irresistible Sweets?” T asked.

“Why yes, she did.” another voice chimed in. T looked over Celestia's shoulder to see Discord reading the cookbook. He smiled at him and waved the book. “You know where to find me.” Celestia stated at Discord as she left.

“My oh my Turquoise,” Discord began as he shut the book, “I can see why these are 'irresistible'.”

“Yeah.” T started to grab his and Nidra's breakfast.

“So,” Discord began as he went to T, “How was the date last night?”

“It was fun.” T answered as he made an ice pack for Nidra, “Nidra's got a wicked bad hangover, though.”

“One too many Ciders?” Discord asked.

“Seven martinis.” T answered.

“Wow.” Discord smiled, “She must've been 'crazy' last night.” Discord nudged him. T blushed furiously. “Nonononononono!!!!!” T declined as he backed up from Discord, “Just to let you know, I slept on the floor!” Discord chuckled and left a red Turquoise alone.

T shook his head and headed back to a hungover Nidra. I'm going to wait for any of that, Discord. Just you wait.


T entered quietly, trying not to aggravate Nidra's headache. “I'm back.” he chimed quietly as he shut the door.

“Finally!” Nidra sighed as she sat up. The first thing to make contact with her body was the ice pack on her head. T handed Nidra her breakfast and sat beside her with his. Nidra's eyes widened as she realized what it was. “Is this from Candy's cookbook?” she ecstatically asked.

“Yeah.” T answered, “She gave her most prized possession to Celestia who gave it to her Royal Chef.” Nidra looked at the food and her expression faded. T looked at her. “Something the matter?” he asked.

“Just memories, that's all.” Nidra sighed as she remembered the friend who would brighten up anypony's day with her jokes that she learned from her mother. It seemed like she lost her true source of happiness when she passed away.

Nidra looked up as she felt something touch her neck. She looked with a blush and saw T nuzzling her. “I know.” T started, “I miss her, too.” Nidra smiled as she nuzzled him back. T got up and headed for the balcony. “What's wrong, T?” she asked.

“I have to check something. Be back.” T answered as he took off. I need to see Oasis. He thought as he took off.


T arrived at Ponyville at the start of the day's afternoon. He landed at the place he knew where his daughter was, the cottage. He landed at the front door, opened it, and walked in. “Oasis? You here?” he asked as he walked around. All he heard was silence. He continued to call out her name until he passed by his and Anthea's old bedroom after Fluttershy passed. What he noticed was that the door was cracked. He pushed it open and looked around the room and noticed that it was just like it was after he and Anthea decided to live in Canterlot after Apollo turned twenty-one. The only thing out of place was a gift wrapped delicately in yellow paper and finished with a red ribbon. He approached it and saw a tag on it that read:

Open when I'm gone
-A

Tears started welling in his eyes when he was opening it. His eyes widened as he saw what was in it: a pendant in the shape of a heart. He examined it and saw a button and pressed it. Inside was a picture of him and Anthea cuddling in the sunlight. T smiled as a tear fell. “That was your portion of mom's Will.” he heard somepony state. He turned and saw his daughter leaning on the door frame to the room. “Sorry I wasn't there with you guys at the funeral.” T apologized as he put the necklace on.

“Don't be.” she smiled, “It would've been harder on you.”

“Yeah.” he smiled back as he looked at the picture again. T then noticed something on the door of the pendant. It was the address of Claire's jewelry store. T stormed out of the room and headed out the door. “Dad?” she called after him as he exited the cottage. He quickly opened his wings and took off with a force that shook all the trees in a fifteen foot radius. We have a lot to talk about, Crystal Clarity.


Meanwhile in Canterlot......

A better feeling Nidra walked around the gardens, soaking up the warm sunlight. I think I can get used to this....but I don't want to because I have to help the ponies sleep. She thought as she passed Claire who was sitting writing in a book. “Hey Claire!” she called out as she walked up to her, “Whatcha doing?”

“Oh!” Claire jumped as she closed the book, “Nothing. Just recording something.”

“Is that the research book you and Princess Twilight started?” Nidra pointed out.

“Yes.” Claire stood up, “I'm using my pregnancy for research. It's a good chance to record any and all of the things that appear and happen.”

“You're starting to turn into an egghead like her, too.” Illusion chimed in as he approached the gazebo.

“But you still love me, Lulu.” Claire teased a little as they shared a kiss.

“That I do, Crys.” he smiled as they sat together.

“Um, guys.” Nidra chimed, “T's coming in and he looks pissed.” They stopped and saw Turquoise coming in at an alarming rate. He rushed past Nidra and abruptly stopped in front of his sister. He advanced on her and she backed up until she bumped into a railing.

Claire finally saw what has him so riled up: the pendant. “H-Hey, T.” she smiled sheepishly, “What's up?”

“You know what.” T glared. Illusion tried to push him away from Claire but T didn't budge. “I can explain.” Claire admitted, “But back up a little, please.” T backed up but not that much. Just enough to stay on her. Claire dusted off before she started with the confession. “When did you make this?” he asked before she started.

“Three weeks ago.” Claire admitted. She saw fury igniting in T's eyes. “You're telling me,” T started, “You made this........BEFORE ANNIE DIED?????”

“Y-Yes.....” Claire shrunk down. Out of rage, T slammed his hoof into one of the supports and caused it to buckle. Nidra put a hoof on his shoulder as he breathed heavily. “Anthea....” Claire started, “Wanted me to make sure that was put in her will for you......” she looked down as she started to remember that day


Claire walked along the streets of Canterlot to find First Canterlot Hospital because she was summoned by a dying friend. She entered the hospital and shook off the snow that had piled onto her lavender body. “Claire!” a nurse called out, “What are you doing here?”

“Just to see Anthea.” she answered as she headed towards the elevator. But as she got there, it dinged. As the doors opened, she saw T trough the opening doors and bolted for the stairs, trying to not be seen. Close one. She thought as she began her ascent. After a few minutes, she reached Anthea's room. She pushed the door open and closed it behind her. “That you, Claire?” Anthea called out.

“Yeah.” Claire sighed, “I just about ran into T.”

“Good thing.” Anthea smiled as she waved her over, “I had one of the nurses help me draw it.” Anthea pulled out a small piece of paper from under the covers.

What Claire saw were blue prints to a heart-shaped pendant that opened to reveal a picture. “Is this what you want me to make?” Claire asked.

“Yes.” Anthea nodded and her eyes squinted, “But T can't know about this.”

“I know how to keep a secret.” Claire nodded, “But why do you want me to make this?”

“Put it in my Will and it will all be handled.” she answered as she leaned her head back. A tear was starting to fall down Anthea's pale face. She jumped a little when she felt Clair kiss her cheek. “Thank you for taking care of my brother.” Claire thanked, “What picture do you want in it?” Anthea handed her a picture of them smiling at the camera. Claire nodded and went off. “Bye Claire.” Anthea waved bye.

“Goodbye, Annie.” Claire waved back then headed to her shop to start with the forming of Anthea's last gift.


Claire finished her confession and left to her room with Illusion in tow. “She did it for me.” T sighed as he looked at the picture.

“Do you know what Annie told me once?” Nidra asked as she held his hoof.

“No.”

“That she was passing your torch to me.” Nidra confessed, “She wanted us together, T.”

T grabbed Nidra by the chin and kissed her.

Looks like she got what she wanted......

Author's Note:

Time: 2026 hours
Watching: Scary Movie 4

Welp.......that's Chapter Nine for you!

Chapter Ten - Feeding the Flames of Love will be published tomorrow.

Hope you guys liked my story!

-TheNightShade

(Revised February 8th, 2015 by me)