• Published 13th Jan 2015
  • 3,062 Views, 42 Comments

A Tale of Two Dusks - New Beginnings - keaton-furman-prower



Dusk Shine helps Sonata Dusk rebuild her life. Is he up to the task?

  • ...
6
 42
 3,062

Cafeteria Conversations

Sonata and Sunset got in line at the lunch counter, eagerly awaiting their lunch. As they made their way forwards, however, Sonata couldn’t help but notice the way the students were glaring at her. Once or twice, she attempted to smile at them, but they always turned away before she could do anything else.

“Don’t let it get to you,” said Sunset. “Just give it time. Sooner or later, they’ll come around. I mean, before the Battle of the Bands, everyone hated me, and now everyone has accepted me as part of the school.”

“BURN IN TARTARUS SUNSET SHIMMER!!!”

Sunset glared at the offender.

“...Except for Bonecrusher, but he hates everyone, so it’s not worth getting worked up over.”

Sonata blinked, then sighed as she grabbed a burger.

“So, you were hated by everyone because of what you did, right?”

“I turned into a demon,” Sunset said as she paid for her meal. “Of course they hated me.”

“Oh,” said Sonata. “So what happened to you?”

“I got zapped by the magic of friendship,” said Sunset. “It basically helped me understand just how terrible I had been treating everyone, and allowed me to start taking steps in the right direction.”

“It helped you… understand,” Sonata repeated as they began to walk towards their table. “And then you stopped being a meany pants?”

Sunset raised her eyebrow as she sat down.

“Are you okay, Sonata?”

Sonata sat down and sighed.

“It’s just… ever since I got hit by that rainbow friendship magic thingy, I’ve been feeling… weird.

Sunset stared for a moment, before her eyes widened in understanding.

“You mean you regret doing everything you did, and you don’t want to stop being evil and make amends for your past mistakes?”

“Yeah,” said Sonata. “But also, I feel… worried about my sisters.”

“And why is that a bad thing?”

Sonata gave her a raised eyebrow.

“Okay, stupid question,” said Sunset. “But the thing is, making amends for your past doesn’t just mean getting others to forgive you. It also means forgiving others for the things they may have done to you. And sometimes, it means helping others to redeem themselves, even if you don’t want to do so.”

Sonata looked down for a moment, contemplating what she’d heard.

“So… you mean I have to help Ari and Dagi?”

“I wouldn’t say you have to, but I think you want to do so.”

Sonata sighed, leading Sunset to place a hand over her shoulder.

“Hey, don’t worry. You may be confused at first. I was too when I was first reformed, but I managed to make things work eventually. And I think you will too.”

Sonata turned to Sunset with an uncertain look. As Sunset smiled at her, however, she gave her a small smile of her own.

“Thanks, Sunset.”

The two girls smiled at each other, then began to eat.

Author's Note:

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to write anything. I have no excuse for my laziness :fluttershbad: