• ...
19
 247
 7,886

Epilogue

Disclaimer: I do not own My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. It belongs to The Hub, Hasbro, Studio B, and Lauren Faust. I do not own any of these characters in any way or how, nor do I claim ownership to the pony franchise. These characters are simply my toys.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Only a matter of time."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Winding Roads
Epilogue

It was when Braeburn was lying in his room, trying to get some well needed sleep after a week straight of Apple Bucking that the knock came to his door. He found himself groaning in slight anger and frustration. He wasn't really in the mood to deal with people trying to "change" him from his lifestyle. The news of him being a coltcuddler must have reached Princess Celestia in the month after Soarin left by the way everypony treated it like it was something special. He had also stopped trying to convince others that it was natural for him, for they didn't listen.

Nonetheless, the yellow pony still found himself rolling out of the bed and onto the wooden floor. The floorboards creaked under his hooves as he trotted to the door. He found himself opening it with more force than intended "Listen buddy, I don't care what ya say, I ain't gonna change!"

"Um... okay." The voice came, it was fillyish. Braeburn opened his eyes in slight frustration, until he saw the pair of wings on the back of the pegasus at his doorway. He let himself calm down his feelings, knowing she would get frightened. He spotted the saddle bag she was carrying at her side.

"Sorry, I thought you were somepony else... can I help you?" He asked, trying to be more polite through his annoyance at not being able to sleep.

"A-Alright..." The pegasus mumbled "Y-You see, my name is Derpy Hooves, and I've just been promoted in being a mailpony, and I'm allowed to travel around Equestria delivering mail now, isn't that great?" She asked, smiling happily. Braeburn noticed her cutie mark of bubbles. It was... strange for a mail cutie mark.

"Okay... so do ya have mail for me?" He asked, chuckling lightly as he thought the bubbles might be for her bubbly brain.

"Oh, sorry, let me see..." Derpy began to fumble around in her saddlebag. Braeburn thought it odd, nopony ever sent him mail, and he meant nopony. He was entirely anti-social, Soarin had been his only friend in a long time. A letter was taken out of the mail bag and handed to the yellow pony. "There you go, that'll be one bit please!" She said happily. Braeburn handed her a bit as he looked at the letter. There was no name, just an address in Los Pegasus that he didn't recognize."

He cracked open the parchment. The tip of a light blue feather popped out. Braeburn felt his heart skip as he suddenly ripped the letter open, pulling out the piece of parchment and unfolding it.

Dear Brae,

I know it's been a while, sorry for not getting a letter out sooner, shows and all. I just really wanted to talk to you, sometimes I don't think I can make it the next five months. This is gonna sound sappy, but I miss you so much sometimes I can't even stand it. That sounded cheesy, sorry about that. I hope you're doing good, and nopony else is being a jerk to you, I'll kick their ass if they are, don't worry. I think I better end this soon, I'm not good at writing letters...

Love, Soarin

P.S. I never did get my apple pie...

Braeburn shot his head up. "Derpy, how fast can ya get a letter back to this address?" He snapped, holding up the envelope. She looked shocked, and Braeburn chose to ignore why she was still there. She fluttered her wings as bit and jumped back, bumping into the hallway in the apartment complex, knocking down a picture frame. "Oops..." She mumbled, looking worried.

Braeburn rolled his eyes "I'll pay for it, please answer the question."

"Um... about three days If I leave now." She said "B-But I still have to go back to Ponyville too..."

"I'll pay ya twenty bits." Braeburn said. There was a chance Soarin was still there... it was slim, but there was still a chance.

"Yes sir!" Derpy proudly shouted as she gave a salute, knocking her head into the wall as her eyes spun. The mark had to be for her bubbly brain.

"Okay, give me ten seconds." Braeburn said before trotting off to one of the small tables on the desk. He ripped open a drawer and pulled out parchment and a quill, along with a bottle of ink. He thought for a while about what to say. He then realized that Soarin wouldn't care what he said... as long as it was from Braeburn...

He calmed down, and began to take his time.

"Dear Soarin." He mumbled aloud through the quill between his teeth.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Be Continued In Entangled Pathways

Sequel time! :D