• Published 26th Feb 2016
  • 2,296 Views, 39 Comments

Big Brother - Cool writer

  • ...
9
 39
 2,296

Spellunking

It was the middle of the night, and Twilight was wandering the castle by horn-light. She remembered a room that Celestia had locked before she was born, and always grew sad when Twilight brought it up. She made the connection to this room, and the "dreadful months" as the princess's annual depression had been called. Twilight approached the locked room, and steeled herself. She tested the latch, and she knew she had the right room. Her magic senses told her that there was a strong ward on the door, keeping out above average unicorns, master lock-picks, though no-pony really knew how to lock-pick, there never really was the need. But, Twilight wasn't just some "above average unicorn" any more, now, she was an alicorn! Dis-enchanting the ward would be easy, foal's-play! Twilight aimed her horn at the lock, and willed it to open. The ward fought back, but was no match for Twilight's raw power and direction. The lock clicked, and the door opened.

Stepping inside, Twilight found a strange and ancient thaumitergical device... that had starswirl the bearded written all over it! Twilight had to stop herself from squealing at the device. It looked like some kind of portal, like the one in the castle of friendship, only more versatile, meaning it wasn't limited to one dimension. Twilight, not being able to help herself, began to fiddle around with it, trying to see how it works.

"Ok... so I think this needs a specific spell to activate it. If only I knew the spell..." Then, she remembered the notebook. She had already located the spell mentioned in Celestia's diary, and prepared the spell for casting. She cast then spell...

Then everything went wrong.

The device was activated. The two claw like rings protruding around a disc began to emit pulsing waves of energy into the center, where the waves fused together into an orb.

"What's going on?!?" Twilight shrieked.

Meanwhile...

Discord was sitting was sitting in his thinking tree, doing his deep thinking, when he suddenly detected an anomaly.

"Well, that's strange!" Discord exclaimed. He then pulled out a styrofoam cup, and ate the hay burger inside.


Twilight struggled, trying to cut off the flow of power to the machine. Bolts of energy began to shoot from the orb. The orb began to pulse, as if about to release something. Then, one massive bolt shot from it, forming into something she couldn't see. Twilight then fell to the ground, depleted of all her magic.