• Published 8th Jan 2015
  • 2,996 Views, 90 Comments

After The Song - BioQuillFiction



Ten years after their defeat The Dazzlings have returned but not in the way Sunset Shimmer and the gang expected

  • ...
11
 90
 2,996

Answers

When Twilight brought me back to the rest of the gang Rarity started picking the glass out of my hair and they all were looking at me waiting for my response. "Well you’re not going to believe this." I spoke rather sheepish.

"Did someone try and rob you!" Rainbow jumped right up to my face, Applejack pulled her back.

"No I saw someone we haven't seen in ten years."

"We?" Twilight pointed out.

"Yeah, 'WE' it was Aria." Everyone looked shocked and was still for several seconds. "She was that hooded women that Rainbow Dash signed that card for."

"What the? How did I not see it was her!?" Rainbow slammed her hand against her forehead. "It was just a... wait I remember reading what was on that card, it said happy birthday Silver Dust."

"Silver Dust?" My hand involuntarily moved itself to my chin and I started thinking. "Do you think it might be a friend of hers?"

"Friend or not we got to find her and stop whatever it is she and this Silver Dust might be up to, If they are up to something." Rainbow started preaching.

"I don't think she is up to anything, I managed to talk to her and apparently from what she told me she is alone, also she said that Sonata and Adagio left not long after their defeat but she stayed in town."

"Everyone in town knows what she and the others did why’d she stay." Fluttershy just spoke what we were all thinking. "Did she say anything else Sunset Shimmer?"

"Not much, when I asked about Rainbows autograph she kicked me into a windshield and drove off, I did see her license plate though and I know what kind of car she's driving."

"Well then let’s go look for her then." We all followed Rainbow and started our search.

One car rental and three hours later we started driving around every alley and parking lot in town looking for Aria’s car. The search was going no where and every car that looked like hers the license plates didn't match. "I knew this was going to a long search but we searched half the town already. Where is she?"

"Perhaps she got the idea to leave town."Rarity spoke from the driver’s seat.

"Maybe. Still we should look around hotels and apartments." Another hour passed before we finally found Arias car outside a half rundown apartment far down town. We all got out and looked around. "Well she said she never left town, not that she never moved around." A thought popped into my head. "Unless this is where she’s been living since ten years ago."

"Either way let’s find her." Twilight said.

We split up in groups of two, except for Rarity who stayed in the car out of fear for both her dress and safety. After a few minutes Applejack and Rainbow Dash called us over because whoever was in that room wasn't answering. When we got there (Rarity included) Rainbow Dash was banging on the door. "Aria open up we know you’re in there!" There was no response. "Open up or I will kick this door down!"

"Alright, alright!" When she opened the door Aria was wearing plain white PJ's. The inside of her apartment was rather small but very well kept. "Unless you've come to arrest me we have nothing to talk about."

"You attacked Sunset Shimmer, that's a reason to talk!"

"She tackled me to the ground!"

"Only because you..." I noticed in the small hall a little girl, no older than six or seven poking her head out. Her hair was a sparkling silver color in the exact same style as Arias and her skin was a pale grey. The little gears in my head started turning and I put two and two together. "Is Silver Dust your daughter?"

Aria turned and when she saw the little girl she walked over to her and crouched down. "Sweetie I told you to stay in the bed room."

"Mom are they The Rainbooms?" Aria turned over to us and I could tell she was swallowing her pride when she turned back to that girl. "Yes Silver, they are here for your..." She gulped "Birthday."

Rainbow was about to start ranting until Silver Dust ran up to her and was hugging her waist and squealing like fan a girl. "Uhh, Yeah kid your mom and I, er us are old..." Now Rainbow gulped. "Friends..."

* * *

We all spent the next two hours talking with Silver dust and signing some CD's and posters she had. Finally Silver fell asleep and when Aria came back from tucking her in we got down to business. Everyone decided that I should ask the questions and if anyone else had one to throw it in. "So Aria how did you..."

"What? Get pregnant."

"Not how I would have put it but yeah."

"After the battle of the bands and long after Sonata and Adagio left I had to pay rent so I did 'jobs' the only good thing that came out of them was Silver."

"Alright then what about your age? From what we found out about you three being sirens you should have not aged."

"You obviously forget you destroyed our pendants, they were the source of our magic. When you destroyed them we started aging from where we left off."

"So you started to age again, but like normal not all at once."

"Right."

"What about Sonata and Adagio? Where are they?"

"I told you I don't know. After we left that stage Adagio started losing it, she kept trying to find ways to either repair the pendants or find a way to Equestria where she knew they could be fixed, we wake up one morning and she's gone. As for Sonata she took a bus out of town a year later to Boston."

"Why Boston?"

"I don't know, she just said she wanted to start fresh. Guess moving several hundred miles from our biggest mistake counts."

"Why did you stay? Why not leave with Sonata?"

"Sonata left six years ago. That's my reason."

I understood what that meant as did the others. "I'm assuming you held a grudge against us so why let your daughter listen to our music?"

Aria looked at me, obviously not expecting that question. "At first I tried to keep her away from you, but a friend of hers showed your music to at school. At first I was mad but I didn't want to take away something from her, we have little to nothing as is. Besides it makes her happy and I'm alright with that."

"Alright then last question. Your powers came from the pendants so were you three always sirens?"

Aria looked even more surprised by this question than the last. She moved her eyes back and forth as if she was questioning herself. "Well it's a long story, if you want to hear it you better have time to spare."

I looked over to the girls and they all nodded. "We got time to kill."

Author's Note:

Next chapter is pure head cannon. :twilightsheepish: