• Published 8th Jan 2015
  • 2,996 Views, 90 Comments

After The Song - BioQuillFiction



Ten years after their defeat The Dazzlings have returned but not in the way Sunset Shimmer and the gang expected

  • ...
11
 90
 2,996

Memories

Magic meets science

Six years, six years ago the Rainbooms released my friends and I from the horrid curse of three magical pendants. The curse made me dumber than a rock, turned Aria into a selfish person and Adagio into the queen of all bitches. Now we're free and we can see clearly, well most of us. Adagio was obsessed with fixing them, after some time she up and left, gone without a word.

And now I left, but at least I said goodbye. I just couldn't take that town anymore, it was a constant reminder of our mistakes and I just wanted to keep it in the past. So after Aria gave birth to her daughter, Silver Dust I got on a bus and left that town with a goodbye letter telling Aria where I was going, Boston.

Not only is it as far from the town as I could think of but Boston is home to one of the greatest scientific communities in north America, Harvard University.

When the pendants curse was broken I regained my intelligence and the guilt from our past mistakes. It's wrong I know but sometimes I wish I was stupid again, being that dumb you only ever feel confused or happy never sad or guilty, at least when you're stupid and evil.

“Ms. Sonata.”

The woman in front of me broke my train of thought. “Yes.”

“Well your application seems a bit… empty, but your test results are rather fascinating.”


I’m applying for a job, at Harvard. I’m not applying to be a professor or anything, there’s no way in hell I could get that job… at least not now.

“You scored a 906, that’s an extremely high score for one who doesn’t even have a high school diploma.”

“Well Mrs. Harshwhinny I had… family troubles that prevented me from finishing school.”

“I see, but give me one good reason why we should hire you, other than your test results.”

I’m applying to be a janitor, and yes they make you take a test! To be a janitor!

“While I may not have a high school diploma I do have a desire to learn, ever since I was young I’ve always enjoyed solving puzzles and problems. Working as a janitor i might be able to learn more in my free time and eventually finish school and then gain a college diploma.”

Mrs. Harshwhinny gave me a glare that was as cold as ice. I gulped, pondering my fate.

“You’re lucky that I have a kind heart.” With a glare like that!? “You can start immediately, and I can tell from your clothes that you’re not from around here. Where do you live?”

“I uh… sorta just got on a bus and came here.”

She gave me another Ice stare. “Until you find proper housing I suppose you can live in an empty dorm in the girls hall. But you are not to interact with any of the students during class hours. Understood?”

Gulp “Crystal.”

“Good, now go down the hall and take a right, the other janitor, Discord, will help you get settled in.”

“Yes ma’am.” With that said I walked down the hall to meet my co-worker. Discord… why does that name seem familiar?”

* * *

And I thought I was as dense as stone when I was cursed. My co-worker Discord is quite possibly the most annoying person on the planet, I can’t imagine what his equestrian counterpart is like. Not one foot in the doorway into his ‘office’ and I get pie’d… nine times! Thankfully he can be serious long enough to give me a uniform (more like a tux-jumpsuit combo) and a small tour. Afterwards he left to go cause and them clean up a mess and left me to mop the chemistry classes, all eight of them. I can’t really argue, I’m still in the most prestigious school possibly on earth, I’m sure the library’s open late.

Three classrooms later I was in a room that looked like the very definition of science barfed all over this place. Formula’s written in marker and chalk blanketed the walls and some of the floor, beakers and test tubes were all crammed onto desks, all types of amphibians and reptiles with odd mutations were preserved in jars for the students to see, the ceiling had the solar system painted showing all the planets in a row, and on a desk in the center of the room was a chemistry set , the bunsen burner was on and an odd liquid was slowly moving from one beaker, through a tube and drop by drop landed in a jar where it was turning black.

This is amazing! Who teaches this class? Bet it’s fun. I walked over to the beakers to give them a close examination, there was a small pile of notes but they were way too complex for me to understand… yet. I put my personal excitement aside and started mopping, until…

BOOOOM!!!!

The sound of hundreds of fireworks erupted from outside. I jumped and while turning around I hit the chemistry set with my mop, breaking all the glass, letting the mysterious chemical go everywhere as it soaked the notes in chemicals.

Oh no, oh no, oh no, oh no! Shit! I can fix this… maybe?

Just then the sound of the doors echoed into my ears. “Is everything alright?”

I turned to see a pail red skinned man with jet black hair, and dressed in a lab coat standing at the door way.

“I uhh… I’m so…”

“You destroyed the project.”

“Sorry…”

“This is fantastic!”

… Say what? Before I could fully comprehend what he just said I found myself in a near rib breaking hug being swung around like a doll.

“Oh thank you miss, you have no idea how much good you’ve just done!”

“Uhhh. can you let me go now? Everything’s spinning clockwise.”

“Oh sorry.” He said and then put me down.

I stood there for five minutes letting things stop spinning. “Alright, things are still again. Now I ask, what?”

“What what?” He replied.

“I mean how come you aren't mad or… something that’s not happy?”

“Oh well you see I legally can’t tell you but what I will say is that it was a stupid project and I couldn't be happier that it’s gone. Again thank you miss…”

“Sonata.”

“Sonata! Thank you. Beautiful name by the way, I’m Red Atom” He shook my hand. “Pleasure to meet you.”

“... Same?” I said confused while taking my hand back. “So… what was that explosion.”

“Most likely Discord saying ‘I quit’ to the head master. Man never stays in one place for long; last year he was working in a high school in New York and some time ago he was a janitor at some place called Canterlot High.”

That’s why his name was familiar! He was a janitor back then too? Either that’s all he can ever do or that’s all he wants to do.

“Well again sorry for…”

“I said it’s alright, I’m glad you destroyed it.”

“But why?”

“Well I can’t exactly tell you…”

”ATOM!!!”

At the door a man with jet black hair and ash grey skin stood with eyes red with anger. I felt an icy chill run through my body. Not only was his appearance terrifying but whites of his eyes were green! And his pupils were cat like and blood red.

“Who is this woman! Why has she destroyed my lifes work!”

“Your life's work is madness Sombra! And guess what.” Red Atom opened one of the sides of his lab coat and revealed a wire.

“You’ve been…”

“Since day one. Oh, and this is a live feed so try and run.” Atom’s face grew a clever smile while Sombra just stood there in rage.

What felt like hours passed with the three of us standing there. Eventually two cops came up behind Sombra and cuffed him and he struggled.

“You fools! That formula could have given the user power! You’d be able to rival God himself!”

“Sure pal.” One of the cops said. “Just keep yapping and you’ll be able to plead for insanity.” With that the cops left with Sombra in custody leaving Red Atom and I alone in silence.

“Sooo.” Atom said. Breaking the silence. “You got plans for this friday?”

“Wait, what!?” I jumped. “But I, we… hu!?”

“I’ll take that as a maybe?”

“...” (Mental facepalm) “No.”

“Great! I know beautiful park/garden where we can become better acquainted.”

“... Sure.”

“Good, it’s a date then.” Before I could even respond Atom was gone with the wind. Or rather with the hallways draft.

A date… I thought. Guess T.V. was right, college is interesting.


Sonic Rainbow

Awesomeness, that’s all I am! I bet you if you look up Awesome in the dictionary a picture of me would be in there. But that’s not why I’m so hyped today, today I finally end all the tests, books, and dull school stuff and graduate! Just me and my friends gonna tour the world in our band.

To celebrate I walked down the schools track field. Gonna give the old girl one final record for future students to attempt to and fail at breaking. I’ll be sad to leave the place but touring the world just seems better in the long run.

When I got to the track something was wrong. There was this girl there her hair was styled kinda like mine but white and it ended in a ponytail that ran down her back. Her skin left a neon blue trail as she ran across the track, and she was running fast. Could she be as fast as me? Nah, don’t kid yourself Rainbow no one's faster than you… and I’m talking about myself in the third person like trixie… again.

“Hey new kid!” I yelled and she stopped, looking right at me.

“New kid? Sorry girl but I’ve been running this track since I transferred freshman year.”

“Well I’ve been running this track since freshman year started and I’ve never seen you here before.”

She scratched her head a bit. “What time is it?”

Why is she… never mind. I pulled out my phone and read the time. “5:39!”

“Oh… I came early. I thought it was 6:30.” She ran up to where I was on the bleachers. She is fast. “Names Sonic Boom, You?”

“Rainbow Dash.”

“Oh you’re that girl who set that new track record last week.”

“Yeup, graduations coming up soon and I’m gonna set a new one before I leave this place.” I spoke with awesome amounts of pride.

“Nice, I’m graduating this year too. Wanted to beat that record before I did though.”

“Ha, good luck. What’s your time so far?”

“I’m only three seconds off.”

“... What?” I felt a rush of worry go through my mind”

“Yeah I’ve got a good feeling about this next run too.”

“...” I shook my head and fell back into reality. “Well not today sister. The only one breaking my record is me, and I will race you to keep it that way.”

Sonic’s face grew a small smile that I knew read she had an idea, it’s almost the same as my pranking smile.

“Tell you what since graduation is tomorrow we race, winner will get to claim the new record and the loser runs four laps around the school an hour before the graduation ceremony.”

Shit those are some high stakes, mostly because mom, dad, and Rarity will kill me if I show up like I ran a marathon… Screw it! “Deal.” We shook on it.

She bolted down to the track field and I followed.

“Get ready to graduate stinky Boom.”

“Same to you, skittles.”

I. Hate. That. Nickname! “You are so going down!”

* * *

Ties. Tie, after tie, after tie, after tie! How on God’s green earth can anyone tie with me! Let alone thirty times!

… Hey when did it get dark. I got up from the grass and pulled out my phone. 8:50. Fuck! Mom and dad are gonna kill me! I looked around and found Sonic laying down on one of the bleachers. When I walked up to her she was hot red but she didn’t look tired. What’s her deal?

“Hey it’s late. I normally don’t do this but how about we leave it at a tie and neither of us has to run before the ceremony, okay?”

“Sure.” I helped her up and she looked even redder.

“Are you alright?”

“Yeah it’s just… That was… Do me a favor alright.”

“Uh, sure. Wha-”

I had to blink and process for several seconds before I registered how close Sonic had moved to me. She was kissing me! When she finally backed away my brain couldn’t process anything. Error, 404, error.

“Lets do this again some time, kay?”

“Sure… public park has a nice track next to the pond…”

Sonic’s face drew a wide smile. “Great! It’s a date.” She started walking off before turning her head to look back. “If you win the next race I’ll give you more than just bragging rights.” With that Sonic left.

.. Did I just get a girlfriend… YES!!!


Our Past is in the Past

Four years. It's been four years since we graduated and got this band off its feet. That first year be broke all sales records. Second year we went international, translated songs and everything! And I quit being on stage and settle for the backstage job of manager. Third year we got signed onto our first tour. This year we're officially going on an international world tour! First stop is Ottawa Canada.

I remember when I first heard of Canada, though it was the equivalent to the Crystal Empire from the old legends. Man did I feel stupid when I found out otherwise. Least now I'll finally get to see it. Heard people there are friendly, and despite my name I prefer the cold of winter. Cold never bothered me much and I like playing in the snow.

We bought our plane tickets and flew there with plenty of time to sightsee before the crew and equipment arrive. I gotta say this place is beautiful, oh and some people speak french here; who knew. Thank goodness prench and french are similar, I was able to act as a translator when needed.

We still got a week or so before the crew and equipment arrived meaning we get to sightsee. Which I now regret.

"We're lost!" Applejack yelled from the driver's seat.

"We're not lost. Just..."

"Lost." A.J. deadpanned. Causing Rarity to fold the road map and stare at her from the passenger seat.

"Alright so we're lost. Why didn't we buy a GPS? This map can't be up-to date."

"It has this year printed on the front of it."

"Does it matter? Let's just find someplace to stop and eat, I'm hungry." Rainbow said from the back next to me. She wasn't joking either I can actually hear her stomach growling.

"Look we're all just tired being in this car for three hours straight. Let's keep an eye out for an exit so we can stretch our legs and eat." I said. The others agreed, Rainbow especially.

Another hour passed by before we spotted what looked like an exit. Whatever it was I was able to see a town further down the road. I don't know about the others but I immediately regretted coming here.

“Welcome.” A purple skinned woman said as we exited our car. she was wearing an obviously homemade dress fashioned to look like those the women in the 18th century wore. “Please, what is it that brings you to our little village.”

Now I’m officially creeped out. “We just need a place to stretch and eat and we’ll be on our way.”

“Well we’re all more than happy to provide… Um, you seem familiar. By any chance is your name Sunset Shimmer?”

“Yeah.”

“I thought you looked like her, you are her! You’re all the Rainbooms! Your bands music is what we play over the towns radio and speaker systems almost daily.”

“Oh, well thanks for lis-”

“I personally love all of your work Sunset. You just seemed so happy and… perfect on stage.”

Great a fangirl. “Well I’ve been off the stage for a while, I only manage the group and help with songwriting now.”

“I know. I was so sad when you stepped down for… them to have it all. It never seemed fair to me.”

I gave a quick look to the girls. They were starting to get the creeped out expressions on their faces now.

“Well I don’t mind.”

The woman sighed. “If you say so, I’m Starlight Glimmer by the way.”

“Pleasure. I don’t mean to sound rude but is there anyplace around here where we can get something to eat?”

“Yes. It’s almost dinner time and I think I speak for the whole town when I say it would be an honor if you joined us."

Us? Does the whole town eat together or something? "Sure, when's dinner?"

"In about an hour. Please, until then take a stroll through our lovely little village. I think you'll find that everyone here values unity and friendship more than your band does."

Okaaaay... "Alright then."

We were given the grand tour by Starlight Glimmer's husband Double Diamond. While we walked he told us all about the town, how he and Starlight met and especially about their four year old son Diamond Light.

The more he told me about the town the more comfortable I felt. The others...

"I say we should leave after dinner. This place hasn't stopped giving me the creeps since we got here." Rarity said from across me as we all sat in the towns cafe and dinner.

"I hear yeah. Everyone here has been smiling non stop since we got here." Rainbow replied.

"I don't like it. Don't like it one bit. I know smiles and those smiles, they're just not right." Pinkie stated. Eyes moving in all directions as if we were being watched.

"I think the town is quite lovely." Fluttershy said, earning a questioning gaze from the group. She hid behind her hair a little.

"Look girls, we stand for individuality, peace and friendship. Not everyone expresses it the same. Some do it our way and some do it their way. We shouldn't judge just because their way is different."

They gave small nods of agreement.

"Still something about that Starlight Glimmers just tickles me funny." A.J. said.

"They've been tickling you Applejack?" Pinkie asked, earning a group facepalm.

Without warning I felt a tug at the back of my jacket. When I turned there was a young boy there, purple skinned with snow white hair. "You must be Diamond Light."

His expression changed from plane to scared. "You need to get out of here." ... What...? "Now!"

"Child is that anyway to speak to an adult?" Rarity said.

"Just go befo-"

Diamond Light was lifted into the air by his mother. "Now sweetie is that anyway to treat our honored guests?" Starlight asked.

"They won't be guests if they stay here any longer!" Diamond replied, struggling for freedom.

"Diamond I'm not going to tolerate this rudeness."

"Bite me. Monster!"

Starlight dropped Diamond and he ran off. Starlight just stood there in tears.

"S...Starlight?" Fluttershy spoke, breaking the silence.

"I don't blame him. I was a very different person until recently." She turned to us, eyes still in tears. "I'm going to go clean myself up." She left.

We all just sat there in silence. What kind of person was she that she'd justify her own son calling her a monster?

"I'm gonna check on her." I speed ran out just in time to see her enter her home.

It was far towards the back of the town. It was larger than the other homes, painted white instead of grey and was between two large trees that towered over the home. When I got to the door there was no need to knock, Double Diamond opened it.

"I take it you were worried. Come in"

Walking in almost made me feel like I time traveled. Unexpectedly it was rather modern; flat screen tv, high performance computer, state-of-the-art kitchen, and beautiful tile flooring.

I took a seat on the most comfy couch ever made.

"Your house from the outside didn't lead me to think the inside was this amazing."

"We've been re-integrating into the modern world. For years though, Starlight had us cut off so readjustment was difficult for a while."

"Why are you guy's cut off?"

"Village rules, or at least they where. Everyone here came for the same reason this town was founded, to begin again and start a new."

"Wha?"

"To make a long story short the world outside has been cruel to us. We all had hopes and dreams and even when we gave everything we had it wasn't enough. We all gave up hope of accomplishing our dreams, then Starlight found us."

"She helped you?"

"Better, she lead us to the village; whether it was one-by-one or in large groups she found us and let us restart. We made lives, families, a community."

"What about her, what did life do to her?"

"Not sure, she won't even tell me." Double shook his head. "So I take it Diamond Light made an appearance."

"Uh, yeah. He called his own mother a monster."

"Been that was for several months now. Started when Starlight began to change both herself and the village."

"Why?"

"I can't explain Diamond's attitude towards his Starlight but I do know why she started changing. About less than a year ago Diamond got sick with hypothermia."

I started feeling a little sick.

"When Starlight was told she acted as usual, calm yet worrisome, but when she saw Diamond laying in bed. It was like something broke her; she just stared at him in bed for a while then, then she started crying and sat next to him."

"Well she's his moth-"

"That's the thing though, in all the years I've known her she has never cried. Not even when she was in labor, that was just a lot of screaming. Something changed in her that day, and in Diamond. Neither will tell me why.”

“That… that doesn’t make sense. You’re Starlight’s husband and Diamonds father! Why haven't you done anything?!”

“I’ve tried. Diamond has inherited his mother's stubbornness. I could beg, plead, whatever and neither will acknowledge my attempts. All I can do is comfort Starlight when Diamond goes too far, if she doesn’t shut me out. Literally.”

“Huh?”

“Sometimes she locks the door to our bedroom when things get like this. I usually scold Diamond for this, but nothing I say gets through. Or Starlight comes out and tells me to stop.” Double Diamond started tearing up. “All I’ve ever wanted after Starlight found me was a family. This was my family, and now it’s in pieces.”

We just sat there for what felt like hours. I can in some way sympathise with him, only I was the one who broke my family; I can actually see myself in Diamond Light’s eyes. That needs to change.

As I stood up I felt ice replace my blood.

“Where is Diamond Light?”

“Huh? Around now he’s in his room. Why-”

I turned to the stairs and quickly made my way up.

Bathroom, closet, locked room (probably where Starlight is), last door. Diamonds room.

Upon opening the door I saw what must have been a tech junky's paradise. There were computers ranging from internet-day-one to ones I just saw hit store shelves a few days ago. Large boxes of spare parts littered the floor.

Even in the mass darkness that was barely illuminated by the computer screens I was still able to see Diamond Light sitting against his bed.

He looked like he was reading. Either he's somehow reading in near darkness... wait he's four, how can he read that young? Then again I started reading at the age of two.

He turned to me.

“I thought I told you to leave.”

“I’ve never been good at taking others advice. Look I just want to know why are you being such a… such a villain to your own mother?!”

“It wasn’t supposed to last this long.”

“What?”

“Our village. I may be four, but I learn quick and I’ve learned a lot in the last few months. More than I should have.”

“You’re four! What could you have possibly…”

“I learned the reason why this village was made,”

“Wasn’t this place made for…”

“It was a social experiment! A project meant for researching how people who have lost faith adapt in an accepting environment using communism style brain washing techniques!”

Diamond was breathing heavily. Fire filled his eyes.

“I don’t hate my mom for doing this, or even hiding it. I hate her because she wanted me to hurt her.”

“Wha… what?”

“When I found out yeah, I was mad, but it was only for a day or so. And they way she started changing when I got sick, I was happy, but then she started telling me to hurt her.”

“Why?”

“Because my sins run that deep.” I was surprised to see Starlight in the doorway. Her eyes were bloodshot red. “I don’t deserve happiness. Diamond’s right, this village started off as a social experiment but things… changed. I fell in love, got married and had my son.

“Old habits die hard though so because of them I was always… socially distant. At least before Diamond got sick. I never knew how I felt about my family until that day and I needed to amend the wrongs I’ve done.”

“But that still doesn’t explain why you have Diamond Light hurting you.”

“It was when I started getting better.” Diamond said. “I woke up and mom fell asleep at my bed side, again. I saw her journal was on my night stand. She taught me how to read when I was two and I didn’t wanna wake her leaving so I grabbed it and started reading.”

“When I woke up Diamond was already half way through it. He just didn’t talk to me at first and something told me that this was my punishment. When Diamond started forgiving me I told him to keep being angry at m-”

I didn’t register that I punched Starlight til I found myself standing over her with my fist clenched tight. I knelt down to her.

“You know, Double Diamond told me that you built this place so people could begin again and start a new. That may not have been the original purpose of this village but at some point along the road it did. But you haven’t been starting a new.”

“But, bu-”

I put a finger over her lips.

“Begin again and start a new.”


The Birth of a Broken Song

What’s the one thing you’re afraid of? Death? Spiders? Being alone? For me, at the time, it was never discovering my special talent and being a blank flank the rest of my life. It was, at the time, a very real thing to be afraid of especially if you’re just about to turn sixteen.

You see, my friends, Aria, Sonata and I live in Hua Village. It’s beautiful really, but it stays this way by every mare and stallion in town pulling their weight once they reach sixteen. If a pony hasn't gotten a cutie mark by that age they are placed into some of the unwanted jobs.

For stallions they would have to work in the exploration team. It’s not as exciting as it sounds. The whole purpose they serve is glorified suicide. Every month a team of ten or fifteen leave the village to find new land for settling or to trade with other villages. Less than a quarter return. The losses wouldn’t be so bad if the only entrance/exit to the village wasn’t right next to the Everfree.

For mares. like myself, we get thrown into prostitution. The rest of our lives when that happens are spent being flank for sale. And no madder what the sick fetish is, we have to do as the customer wants, or get thrown in prison for “refusal of commitment.”

That is going to be my life after today is over. I’m Adagio and I turned sixteen today. Sucks being the oldest amongst my friends but I expected to end up like this. My mom’s a brothel so since my birth ponies expected me to end up like her. I’m not going into detail about my mother's ‘profession’ but I will say that her cutie mark is sex related.

Surprised she only got pregnant with me.

“Adagio!” I looked up and saw my friend Aria flying some feet above me. Wish I was a pegasus, must be an amazing view from up there. She did a dive and landed next to me. “Happy birthday… and condolences.”

“Condolences?”

“You’re sixteen without a cutie mark, you know what I'm talking about!”

“I know, I know, but that’s not necessary. I’ve made my peace with my fate.”

Arai gave me a wide eyes stare.

“Who are you and what have you done with Adagio?”

I laughed. “I’m serious.”

“How!? After today you start working in that semin filled, sex filled hell hole!”

“You mean the place where I was conceived, born and raised?”

“YES! What happened to you?! Yesterday you were freaking out like it was the end of days. Did you put one of the pendants we found in Everfree back on? I swear those side effect they have are more than just seeing green myst and growing scales.”

“No I didn’t put one of them back on. You know Sonata has them for study back at her place. And the reason for my attitude change was a miracle.”

“What? Is your cutie mark invisible?”

“No, Daisy gave birth last night.”

“Your foalsitter and mom’s co-worker?”

“Yes. A healthy unicorn filly. They named her Lunamoon, after the banished princess.”

“Okay, now what does this have to do with your 360 spin on life?”

“Cause I got to hold her. She was so small, so pretty. I wanted one. A foal of my ow-”

I felt a well aimed punch hit the side of my head.

“Are you crazy!?” Aria yelled. “That’s your reason for changing!”

I looked back at her. “I know that after today my life will be terrible but the only thing that will make it bearable will be my own foal.”

“What about Sonata, what about me? We can-”

“You two still have time. I’m out. Just visit me, okay.”

“... There’s no talking you out of this, is there?”

“Nope.”

“I’m never gonna figure you out.”

“Don’t have to, just accept me.”

“If I didn’t we wouldn’t be talking.”

“Speaking of figuring out though, how come around Sonata or I you’re so outgoing but in public you barely say a word?”

Arai placed a hoof to her chin.

“I guess I just don’t do well with strangers.”

“Then it’s a miracle we became friends.”

Arai gave me another punch. This time to my flank.

“Careful Aria, starting tomorrow I’ll have to charge you for that.”

Her face changed to a hot pink and I burst out in laughter. I received a few more well deserved hits before I finally stopped laughing.

“Whatever.” Aria began to fly above me. “Come on, Sonata and some other ponies are throwing you a party at her place. And there's coconut cake.”

You didn’t have to tell me twice to get me moving.


* * *

It was late. Celestia’s sun was setting beyond the edge of the world and the moon began to rise from the other side of the world.

I walked home with a full stomach and the aftertaste of coconut still on my tongue. Didn’t get any presents but I never really cared about those, I just enjoyed the company.

I trotted up the porch to the brothel house, speedily making my way passed the orgy of ponies in the main room. With the conditions I grew up in I’m amazed I didn’t grow up perverted. I made it to the second floor, amazed only a few sounds of muffled screams of pleasure echoed in the hall.

Making my way further down I reached my (and my mom’s) room door. Placing an ear to it I made sure she wasn’t “providing services” as she called it. Thankfully not a sound came from the other side.

I opened the door and walked in. My mother was sleeping on the bed. Judging from her positioning and the… stains on the sheets a “client” was here recently. This is why I prefer to sleep on the floor.

I began to look out the window, to see the rest of the sun set. The colors of orange, yellow, and red merged together almost perfectly into one. You never realize how much you can enjoy the little things until you know the rest of your future’s gonna be nothing more than sex and pregnancy.

When the sunlight was finally gone I started lighting the lantern that hung on the ceiling of our room. I have to stand on a stool and my hind legs to reach it but I don’t wanna wake her up to do it. I may have taken after her in colors, but I took after my father, whoever he is, in race. I wish I was born a unicorn like her, would make life so much easier.

When doing this there’s two tricky parts to be careful about: one it to keep my balance when standing upright on two legs, and second is making sure I light this thing before the match burns my lips and teeth. I’ve mastered the first part, but the latter…

“Ouch!” I cried. Thank Celestia the damn thing lit before I got my teeth singed.

“Hu, wha?” My mother mumbled as she began to awaken.

“Afternoon mom.” I said.

“Hu? Oh, Adagio. How long was I out?”

“Guessing a while. Client was gone and you were out cold when I got here.”

“Oh…. Wait, today’s your birthday right?”

“Yes mom.”

“Oh, happy birthday.” She said with the best smile she could muster in her half asleep state.

“Aria, Sonata and a few other of the towns ponies threw me a party.”

“... Was there cake?”

“Coconut.”

“Bla, how do you like that stuff? I can’t stand it. You must take after you father, whoever he is, in that department.”

“I bet.”

“Oh, I almost forgot. I got you a present, was testing it out before you came.”

"It's not another 'toy' is it?"

"No."

I sighed in relief.

"It's the real deal this time."

"... What!?"

"Yeah, they should be getting here soon."

"They?!"

"Yeah, one's a mare."

Mom started stretching on the bed.

"B, but.... what!?"

"Don't think I don't know you eye mares as much as you eye stallions."

Meep! "I, I, I, I.... so for my birthday this time you get me a three-way!"

"Yes, and this."

Her horn began to light up and It flowed all over my body. For a while it circled my waist and then vanished.

"That should do it." Mom said.

"What was that? I don't feel anything."

"You'll be feeling something soon dear."

There was a knock at the door.


* * *


Rape. I expected at some point working as a brothel that some sick fucker would request that as role play. I didn't expect to lose my virginity to it. The bright side I should have gotten pregnant, right? Wrong, my own mother cast a spell that ended any dreams I had of having a foal of my own.

Six hours of it. Being held down by my mother's own magic as two ponies I knew raped me. When it was over I ran, I had... something close to an idea in my head, but I need my friends, and the pendants.

My friends are all I have left now. The pendants will be a quick sell, if not a reminder of our village... I had to lie to get Aria and Sonata to come with me.

Told them I saw Witch Hunters at the brothel house and that I overheard them saying that they were going to go house to house.

Sonata tried to convince me otherwise but I managed to fake paranoia to add with my real sadness. It make a believable and convincing argument.

Since it was dark we were able sneak out the front gates with ease. That and the guards were drunk and out cold.

We did take a sword each, just in case.

Leaving, we saw the Everfree and got chills. Going in there when we found the pendants, we ignored those chills, now we're listening to them. Keeping away as far as we can from the forest.

"Adagio?" Aria asked, breaking me out of my non thoughts. "You okay? You've been crying for a while now."

"Oh, It's nothing. Just... lets get to the next village and get rid of those things."

"I still say they look nice." Sonata said... and she's wearing one of the pendants.

"Sonata take that thing off! I don't want those witch hunters to find us when you grow scales." Aria barked.

"From what I gathered that only happens after prolonged wearing and after that green myst has been absorbed by them."

"Egghead."

Sonata stuck a her tongue out at Aria.

"At least I can sing on pitch. When we sang happy birthday to Adagio you sounded like a cat twisted up your vocal cords."

"Is that a challenge?" Aria asked.

"It's true Aria. Your singing sucks." I said. Slightly making me come out of my depression.

"Oh yeah." Aira dashed over to Sonata, pulling one of the pendants out and tied it around her neck. How she did that with hooves is beyond me. "Just sit and listen."

Sonata sat next to me with a satisfied smile on her face. Of course she planned this.

Aria cleared her throat and began to sing.

"Hear this lullaby.
Feel my love through song.
In the cold of night, my love through song will keep you warm tonight."

I couldn't believe my ears. Aria's singing perfectly! Her voice sounds so smooth!

"Fly little cloud, it's all that you know.
You soar and hover above the land below.
But even with the sky as your oyster you remain grounded and sad all the same."

I noticed the Pendant Aria's wearing began to glow a bit. Is the pendant making her sing so good?

"You cry and sob saying nopony loves me.
And that's when you turn dark and lose all your water, followed by cries of thunder and fits of lightning."

Her pendant glowed brighter and I found myself unable to look away.

"Calm now young on, you are not alone.
Even if the whole world hates you there is always one who will not.
Mothers don't care if you're cruel or kind.
I'll always love you.
Inside your darkness I'll be your moonlight.
Guiding you from sorrows, and evil alike."

Aria finished and Sonata and I just stared at her.

"... What?" She asked. "Something in my teeth?"


* * *


We made camp and discussed the pendants for a few hours. We ended up agreeing that it's part of the magic they have.

I kept the hypnotic effect they it had on me to myself, then it came to me. Can they be used for more than just to hypnotize somepony? Maybe...

When I knew Aria and Sonata were fast asleep I took one of the pendants out of Sonata's bag. I ran back towards our village and stopped half way.

"Now, will this work..." This isn't a good idea. I should just...

Sing, won't you?

"Who's there!"

Fear not, for I am you. Now that you wear me.

My eyes looked down to the pendant. It glowed a faint red.

Emotions are strange things, aren't we?

"Your an emotion?"

Yes. Yours. You feel sad, hateful, discussed, and vengeful. You want them to pay.

"Just my mother, and those two that raped me while she held me down."

And what will you do to them?

"... Hurt them."

How?

"... Don't know."

Maybe they should sleep on it so you can think.

I felt a smile creep onto my face, but I didn't make it.


* * *


It was strange. Walking back to Hua village. I was moving, breathing, feeling the dirt under my hooves, but for some reason it didn't feel like I was walking.

It felt like some... thing was reading my thoughts and moving for me. Yet at the same time I felt in complete control of myself.

The gates of Hua village where right in front of me, opening as I approached. Guards and village ponies alike gathered as I got closer, and my mother stood in front of all of them.

"Adagio what the hell were you doing?! Running away, it's foolish. All that's out there is death. Did Aria and Sonata go with you? If they died-"

"Hush now."

"... What?"

I felt energy surge through me, and I stopped thinking and just did.

"Hush now, quiet now it's time to lay your sleepy head.
Hush now, quiet now it's time to go to bed.

"Adagio have...you..." Thud

My mother fell to the ground, unconscious in blissful sleep.

I looked up and the ponies looked a mix of sleepy and afraid. They had every right to be.

I walked slowly, still singing the old lullaby and one after another fell to the ground in deep slumber.

Less than ten minutes had to have passed before everyone was now under the sleeping spell.

Good, now what is next, me?

"I... I."

Think, who am I?

"Aren't you me?"

Yes, but which part.

"... I've gone mad, haven't I?"

I began crying. Every sorrow I ever endured poured out of me and fell into the dirt. I finally broke.

Away with these tears. Sadness will get you nowhere, let me guide us.

"Who or what are you!"

I am you, but if you want, call me Wrath.

I screamed. Thoughts that I could only described as evil flooded my mind, I became afraid, yet also... happy.

I screamed in fits of psychotic laughter and in screams of fear. My mind feeling at war with itself.

"Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop!"

Fear not, you want it to end, just find the spark.

Spark? ...Fire!

With all my strength I ran towards the guards armory, they should have enough black powder to set the whole village aflame.

It did, I rolled one keg of black powder into every building, and one in the middle of the sleeping crowd that met me at the gate. The whole time, my head threatened to break open.

My face was soaked in salty tears, both from the pain and my emotions. I felt every negative emotion I've ever felt in my life run wild in my head. Like it was a festival of anger and sorrow, and it kept getting noisier.

But the pain that hurt worse of all where the floor of memories emerging from my mental battlefield. Not just the sad ones, the happy one too, but those became fewer with every passing second.

I didn't even realize how far along I was til I realized I was biting on a lit candle where all the powder trails met.

I... I can't do this.

Don't you want revenge?

Not like this!

And let the mare who ended your children before they began to live?

I exploded.

"Noooooo!"

I dropped the candle. The black powder ignited, and suddenly, I felt the fiery winds of hell spawn around me.

Tears ran down my cheeks like flash floods.

Then.

"Awaaaaa! Aaaaaa!"

That noise!

I ran over to my "home" and the sounds of a crying foal were ever more present.

"Lunamoon!"

I started in to get her, but one step was all I could make before the whole building collapsed in smoke and fire. All that I could hear now was the sound of burning wood.

"No... Noooooooooooo!"

My, my. What the monster we have become.


A Hard Question to Ask Another

Questions, there are a lot of them. Some simple and casual. Others can be difficult, and then there are the questions you, hopefully, only ask once.

Adagio has such a difficult question on her mind, and has had it for almost a full year.

"Sunset Shimmer, can I have one of your eggs?" Adagio said. Letting her head fall onto her desk in Canterlot High's library.

She was glad it was after hours, nobody could hear her practice.

Come on Adagio, Sunset's your friend now. She's always say we're thick as thieves, so why is this so difficult!?

Adagio looked up, scanning the lifeless library.

"Thank God I'm alone."

Over a year ago, Adagio discovered that the medicine of the human world could allow a woman who couldn't conceive a child the ability to birth one. Adagio underwent countless doctor visits and tests. All revealing some long lost answers.

As it turns out the spell her mother used on her did destroy all of Adagio's eggs, but her womb was perfectly healthy. More than capable of growing another life.

Though the doctors think she was in some kinda strange accident for all her eggs to be destroyed.

They told Adagio if she wanted to birth a child she needed to find both an egg donor and sperm donor.

The sperm donor was easy, the egg donor was the hard part. Adagio didn't care if the child looked like her or not, but that wasn't the case.

From the moment she was told she needed an egg donor, her mind went straight to Sunset Shimmer, but she was afraid of what her reaction would be.

This was part of the reason she invited Sunset to dinner with the reservations she had won over the radio.

"I should be getting home and getting ready."

Adagio quickly packed any documents she needed and left.

* * *

"Alright people, it's time to engage in, Operation News Spy." Harmony Rain said. Dressed in grey and black camouflage with her hair done into a ponytail.

"Why are we a part of this?" Techmo asked. Dressed in a similar get up with a black cap.

"If I had to guess she's gonna pay you the money to buy the school the new speaker and I'm in the photography club and she needs someone with a good camera to get front page quality photos."

"You're absolutely right Autumn, and Techmo, you'll get paid once the jobs done."

"I feel like I'm being blackmailed." Techmo said.

"Nevertheless, we will get this on camera! To La Fête de la Bête!"

"This isn't gonna end well."

* * *

La Fête de la Bête, one of, if not, the only restaurants in town that not only holds a five star rating, but also has maintained it for over a hundred years.

Reservations usually take a week to make and months to wait until the time arrives.

Which made Adagio's and Sunset's case the envy of the mid to lower class in town. Even the upper class citizens where green with envy.

"The Good morning reservations." Adagio told the waitress standing above at the door.

"Ah, we've been expecting you. You and your plus one will be at table thirteen on the second floor. And as promised with the reservations, your meals are half off."

"Thank you."

Adagio and Sunset entered the building, both dressed in slim black dresses that sparkled a little when light shines on them. Designed by Rarity of course.

Upon entering the two immediately drew attention from the people within. Some gave disapproving stares, some gave curious, and others gave very interested looks.

Sunset found it somewhat amusing. Adagio hated it. Every look a person gave her reminded her of her youth growing in in a brothel house. Some despised her for existing, some gave interested looks, and most gave her looks of pure lust. And that was just when she was five.

Adagio sighed in relief when the two made it to the second floor, where very few other people had tables. Even better was that their table was not next to any other tables with guests.

When the two sat Sunset took notice of Adagio's expression.

"Feeling uneasy?" She asked.

"Yeah, some of the looks people down there gave reminded me of when I was a foal. Rather not tap that barrel."

"It's alright, we'll just eat and enjoy the view. Hey you can see the school from here."

Adagio looked out the window and did see the school, the roof at least. She smiled and averted her eyes to the sky. Even when she was evil she loved to star gaze.

"What are they saying?" Harmony asked.

The three students took position on the roof of a building across from La Fête de la Bête, and they have a perfect view of their principal and librarian.

"Nothing of interest." Techmo replied. Holding a small device that looks as if someone mixed a small satellite antenna with a grip. "Where did you get this equipment anyway? This stuff looks military."

"Maybe her mom or dad was a spy." Midnight said. Peering at Sunset and Adagio through her camera at max zoom.

"Nah." Harmony replied. "Dads always at home working and my mom's candy maker. I doubt either of them was a spy."

Techmo and Midnight shrugged. Letting the question leave their minds.

"Still nothing of interest." Techmo said. "They're just talking about work."

"School board still giving yeah crap? Adagio asked, dining on what had to have been the best lobster she has ever eaten.

"Yeah, even though I've been running the school efficiency for the past five five years they still doubt me just because I was a pop star." Sunset answered, taking a bite of the freshest chicken salad she'd ever eaten.

"That's just messed. So actors-"

"And rapper." Sunset included.

"And rappers can be elected president but a former pop star can't be a high school principal?"

"In their eyes it seems questionable. I sometimes think they will one day come to the school and expect the students to be drunk and studying Pizzology."

The two laughed.

Come on, just ask her! Move into it! Adagio mentally yelled at herself.

"So, Sunset... you know all those doctors visits I've been going to?"

"Yeah, what about?"

"Well I've been having the doctors run... tests."

"Tests for what?"

"Tests to see If I can birth a child and they've come back mostly positive."

"That's great! So you can have a kid?"

"Yes and no. My womb is capable of growing and birthing a child but all my eggs are... destroyed. Moms spell did what it was supposed to."

"Oh, I'm so-"

"But, the doctors all said if I can find a donor for both the eggs and sperm they'll handle the rest."

"Oh! That's great news! Have you found any donors?"

"I found a sperm donor already but.. I... was... hoping... you'd be the egg donor."

Sunset froze. Her fork fell to the group and her mind went blank.

Almost simultaneously, Techmo dropped the listing device, not caring about the loud noise that slammed his eardrums.

"What? What did they say!?" Harmony shouted/asked.

Techmo took off the headphones, gave them to Harmony and left without saying a word.

"Well if he's leaving then I'm gone to." Midnight said. "From the look on his face I'm guessing we're crossing a major line of privacy."

Midnight turned her camera off and quickly followed Techmo.

Harmony just stood there in silent disbelief for a few moments.

"But, the paper!"

Meanwhile, in La Fête de la Bête, Sunset was still processing what Adagio had asked of her. Making Adagio regret asking every passing minute.

"Uhmm, Sunset?"

"... Hu... Oh! Sorry I just sorta... blanked out. Did you just ask me..."

"Yeah."

"But why me? I mean I know we're really close friends now but... how would it work?"

"Raising the kid or the egg extraction?"

"The kid!"

"Oh, well it's simple actually. You'll still be the biological mother, i'd just be the birth mother. Two moms raising a kid should be easy... right?"

That word struck Sunset right in her heart, Mother. She never actually saw or thought of herself ever being a mom.

An overwhelming happiness flooded Sunset's heart. She never realized how much she would love the idea.

"Sunset, you're crying!" Adagio spoke.

True enough, Sunset checked and tears were indeed flowing.

"I just, never realized how good that idea sounded."

"So you-"

"Yes Adagio, let's have a baby."

Adagio physically jumped out of her seat and hugged Sunset Shimmer tight. Crying tears of pure happiness.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

Without thinking Adagio kissed Sunset, who rather than being surprised had a single thought come to mind.

Fireworks.

Harmony Rain, still on top of the building across from La Fête de la Bête placed the listing device down and stayed silent for some time.

"I knew it!"

Author's Note:

And it's done. Thank you all who supported and followed through.

Comments ( 8 )

What an ending.

Wait who died...trixie?

This is gorgeous! And extremely powerful.
Dang...
If this were a movie, I'd so watch it!

Comment posted by jaroslav deleted May 28th, 2016

Janitor discord FTW

Is Harmony Bon Bon's/Sweetie Drops' Daughter?
Daughter of a candy maker and owns spy equipment, its kind of obvious.

Login or register to comment