• Published 7th Jan 2015
  • 1,366 Views, 104 Comments

Power Ponies 2: The Eternal Bond - Epicdiscord214



The world of superheroes is changing. For better or for worse? The Power Ponies are about to enter the greatest battle of their lives.

  • ...
5
 104
 1,366

Trust Issues

The three young ponies were in for the talk of a lifetime from their idols.

"APPLE BLOOM, HAVE YOU LOST IT," Mistress Marevelous shouted.

"WHAT IF YOU'D GOTTEN HURT, SWEETIE BELLE," Radiance shouted.

"MY FAN CLUB'S ALREADY TOO SHORT WITHOUT YOU RISKING YOUR LIFE, SCOOTALOO," Zapp shouted.

"Look, we know you're upset," Apple Bloom said.

"You think," Radiance said. "Sweetie Belle, when you told me you were invited to spend the weekend at Sweet Apple Acres, I thought you'd be playing safe games!"

"It started out that way," Sweetie Belle explained. "But then, we woke up from a night that we don't remember, and we had super powers. I can turn invisible."

"And I got plant powers," Apple Bloom said. "I can just think it, and the plants can do whatever I want."

"I got super stamina," Scootaloo said. "At first, I didn't think of any use for it, but I realized it made it easier to stay conscious after I use these super skates with rocket boosters."

"Where did you get those anyway," Zapp asked.

"Cousin Babs knows a guy," Apple Bloom said.

"Now, we're superheroes like you," Scootaloo said. She pulled out a small card. "We even have a team name: C.R.U.S.A.D.E."

"What exactly does that stand for," Saddle Rager asked.

"I don't know," Scootaloo answered. "Anything we want."

No one knew that in a bush behind them, two sets of eyes peeked out and observed them.

"Oh," a small, snarly voice said. "The big unicorn has some fine jewelry on her."

"Can we take it now, Spot," a bigger snarl said.

"Not now, Fido," the small snarl said. "Let's just watch until the right time."

"Our powers can make us just like you guys," Sweetie Belle said.

"Hate to break it to you," Hum Drum said, "But your powers came from sirens."

"The loud noise that comes from emergency vehicles," Scootaloo asked.

"Not that kind of siren," Hum Drum said palming his forehead. "I'm talking about evil magical singers. Their singing gave lots of ponies superpowers like me."

"You've got superpowers," Apple Bloom shouted. "That's so awesome!"

"What can you do," Scootaloo asked.

Hum Drum sighed. "This." He changed into his diamond form.

In the bushes, the two pairs of eyes widened.

"Forget the pony," the higher snarl said. "We must have... the dragon."

"After we deliver the dragon," the lower voice said. "Can we get ice cream?"

"Sure, sure," the high voice sighed. "We can have ice cream. Now, be quiet." The two sets of eyes moved and the figures left the bush.

"Look, C.R.U.S.A.D.E.," the Masked Matterhorn said, "We've got a situation. The Siren Sisters undoubtedly has an agenda for the New Heroes all over Equestria. That's why we're here. We've got to tell all New Heroes to head to Canterlot and..."

"CANTERLOT," Sweetie Belle shouted with glee. "You hear that, fellow members of C.R.U.S.A.D.E.?! We're going to Canterlot!"

"YAY," the other two shouted.

"We'll get packed," Scootaloo said.

Quick as a bullet, the three young heroes left the area. The Power Ponies and the Mighty Machines waited by their blimp for the kids. Mistress Marevelous was pacing with worry.

"Oh, how could I leave my little sister in the hands of the Siren Sisters," Mistress Marevelous asked. "If anything happens to her, I'll make a noose out of my rope and hang it by Serena's..."

"Calm down, cowgirl," Zapp said. "Aren't you a little too worried?"

"Zapp's got a point," Radiance said. "You seem to be a little overprotective."

"Are you kidding me," Mistress Marevelous asked. "Apple Bloom is my sister. Seedling or not, she shouldn't put her life in danger. Come on, Radiance. You worry as much as your sister's well-being as I do with mine."

"True, I don't completely approve of Sweetie Belle's hero status," Radiance said, "But since it's something she loves, I'm willing to accept it."

"Well... what about you, Zapp," Mistress Marevelous said. "Scootaloo is the closest thing you have to a sister."

"That's true," Zapp said. "But I really do enjoy how the kid's decided to follow in my hoofsteps."

"Marevelous, if you give your sister a chance, you'll learn that everything and everyone will be all right," the Masked Matterhorn said.

The cowgirl hero sighed. "You're probably right. After all, she hasn't given me any reason not to trust her."

"I wouldn't be too sure of that," Filli-Second said. "See, I've got some good news and some bad news."

"What's thebad news," Mistress Marevelous asked.

"I traveled to the shadow Zone," Filli-Second said, "You know, the in-between word where I can't be seen. Anyway, I saw C.R.U.S.A.D.E. carry a bag full of coins. I then learned from hearing other ponies that the three have been profitting off their heroics."

"WHAT," Mistress marevelous shouted in shock hoping she didn't hear what she thought she heard.

"IMPOSSIBLE," Radiance shouted as awell.

"MY LITTLE SCOOTALOO," Zapp shouted.

"Okay there," the Shadow Blot said. "Maybe the good news is bigger. Filli, what's the good news?"

"I found a nickel," Filli-Second said holding up a small coin.

"I can't believe our own sisters would do something so selfish," Mistress Marevelous said.

"What do you mean?"

C.R.U.S.A.D.E. was standing behind the group. Mistress Marevelous wasn't happy at all.

"Devastate," Devastator whispered to Dusk.

"Indeed," Dusk said. "This is awkward."

"I know about the profitting, girls," Mistress Marevelous said.

"Oh," Seedling gasped nervously. "I can explain."

"Explain what," Mistress Marevelous asked, "How you've only been protecting the town because you were paid to?! And I bet the chimera attacking was part of your ruse, wasn't it?"

"No," Nowhere Mare insisted. "That wasn't us!"

"Look," Turbo Girl said. "We didn't want to work for hire at first, but when we stopped our first crime, the citizens were asking if we wanted something in return. The temptation was too strong."

"I can't believe you'd keep the truth from me," Mistress Marevelous said. "An Apple is always honest."

"I was afraid of what you'd say if I told you," Seedling said.

"As opposed to what I'm saying now that I found out another way," Mistress Marevelous asked. "I am very angry with you kids; so angry, I can't think of a punishment harsh enough."

Suddenly, everyone felt a shift in the ground. In a blink, a large hole appeared beneath C.R.U.S.A.D.E. and the three fell down. Mistress Marevelous looked down and saw them half-conscious.

"That's good enough."

The ground shook again. Suddenly, two creatures appeared from the ground behind Hum Drum. They had uncanny dog-like appearances and raggy jackets. Their collars had diamonds on them. They grabbed Hum Drum and held on tight.

"HELP," Hum Drum cried out.

The Masked Matterhorn heard her sidekick's cry for help and turned her attention to it. She saw the dogs trying to hold onto Hum Drum completely.

"LET ME GO," Hum Drum shouted.

"NO," the little one said. "Our king would want to meet you!"

"PUT HIM DOWN," the Masked Matterhorn shouted.

"GET DOWN," the little dog shouted.

Suddenly, the dogs dived into the dirt and Hum Drum disappeared with them. The Masked Matterhorn tried to dig down, but she lost all trace of them.

"Well, this just got a lot more complicated," Masque said.

"Oh, no," she gasped. "We've... We've got to find him."

"What were those things," Radiance said. "And why would they want Hum Drum?"

"I think I've seen them in a book somewhere," the Masked Matterhorn said. "Maybe I brought it with me." She luminated her horn and a bag full of books appeared in front of her. She then levitated the books and flipped through their pages. "Let's see. Poison Joke, no. Breezies, no. AH, HA!" She held up a book with a manticore on the cover. She went through it and gasped when she saw a certain page.

"What," Mistress Marevelous asked. "What did you find?"

"I know what those things are," the Masked Matterhorn said with fear in her voice, "And I know why they want Hum Drum! And I know that if we don't find them, Hum Drum won't make it out alive."

Author's Note:

Yeah, it's the Diamond Dogs. And don't worry about the CMC; they'll make up for their mistake later on.