• Published 7th Jan 2015
  • 1,364 Views, 104 Comments

Power Ponies 2: The Eternal Bond - Epicdiscord214



The world of superheroes is changing. For better or for worse? The Power Ponies are about to enter the greatest battle of their lives.

  • ...
5
 104
 1,364

The Final Item

"Master!" Serena praised. She and Melody changed into their siren forms and approached Arcanus' face.

"Well done, my little ones." Lord Arcanus said. "The plan worked out perfectly. But wait... where is your sister?"

"Unfortunately, Carol is no longer loyal to our cause, master," Serena said. "But don't worry. She won't be able to stop us."

"Of course, she can't." Arcanus said. "It's far too late for anyone to stop me."

"HEY, HORN HEAD!" Arcanus looked down and saw the Power Ponies beneath him. Zapp was angry.

"Ah, you must be the Power Ponies." Arcanus said. "So you're the ponies that defeated my Changeling army months ago. As of yet, I'm unimpressed."

"Well, you haven't seen us juggling bowling balls while drinking a glass of water." Masque spoke out.

"And the Mighty Machines too." Arcanus said. "You have no idea how meddlesome you were to my plans back in the Netherealm. And now that I'm in full power, I can shroud darkness all over Equestria forever."

"Well, actually," Timberwolf said, "Legend says you're only allowed to cover the world in darkness for 1,000 years and..."

"FOREVER!" Arcanus shouted.

"Okay!" Timberwolf said with surprised fear.

"Don't get your hopes up, Arcanus." Princess Celestia said. "The Power Ponies are the current Heroes of Harmony and they will stop you."

"These children?" Arcanus asked. "Don't make me laugh. They're nothing."

"Well, actually," Zapp said, "Saddle Rager here's a good singer and..."

"NOTHING!" Arcanus shouted.

"Whoa!" Filli-Second exclaimed. "The guy has to be right all the time, doesn't he?"

"This time, not even the Harmony Gems will stop me." Arcanus said. "This time, I will change Equestria for..."

"FOREVEEEEER!" Filli-Second shouted. "Ha! See how you like it!"

"Master," Serena said, "We have something that might interest you." She extended her hoof and revealed a pile of soot as black as midnight.

"A pile of dust?" Arcanus asked. "Serena, how does this interest me?"

"These are the remains of our late ally, Darkmatter." Serena said. "He was destroyed by the energy of the Alicorn Amulet, but I can feel the Amulet's energy still coursing through this. With that much power, you can become unstoppable."

"Interesting." Arcanus said stroking his beard. "Very well."

"NO!" the Masked Matterhorn gasped.

The heroes tried to stop Arcanus and charged at him, but Melody appeared and created a sonic scream that pushed everyone back. Arcanus opened his mouth and a black smoke escaped the dust. The mist entered Arcanus' mouth until it was all gone.

Arcanus shuddered as he began to grow, until he was at least 20 feet taller then before, a flack almost fiery mane grew over his back, eyes glowing green with purple smoke coming from the corner. His roar of power shook the very earth they stood on.

"It's too late!" Princess Celestia gasped with fear. "Arcanus merged his magic with Darkmatter's!"

"Than he must be..." Filli-Second said, "DARKANUS!"

"Time for some appetizers," Darkanus growled in excitement.

"NO!" the Masked Matterhorn shouted. "YOU ARE GOING BACK WHERE YOU BELONG! GIRLS, GET READY THE HARMONY GEMS!"

The Power Ponies held out the Harmony Gems and made them glow. They hovered in the air and a large rainbow blast bolted toward Darkanus. He saw it coming... and he caught the blast. He rolled the energy into a ball. He tossed it into his mouth and swallowed.

"Ah, the taste of failure." Darkanus said. "Now, to cripple you insignificant insects."

Darkanust fired a red blast from between his horns and it knocked the Power Ponies out of the garden, but the Harmony Gems slipped off. Darkanus raised his fist and the Harmony Gems hovered in front of him.

"STOP HIM!" the Masked Matterhorn shouted in fear. Shortly after, the Power Ponies ran and flew their best towards Darkanus.

Darkanus fired a blast and hit the Harmony Gems. All of a sudden, the Harmony Gem of Loyalty exploded. It was destroyed.

"AAAAAAHHHHHH!" Zapp shouted in pain. She fell to the ground.

"ZAPP!" the Masked Matterhorn gasped. Everyone ran toward her.

All of a sudden, the Harmony Gem of Honesty broke apart and Mistress Marevelous collapsed in pain also. The Gem of Kindness and Saddle Rager was next. The Gem of Generosity and Radiance came after. The Gem of Laughter was destroyed and Filli-Second screamed in pain. Finally, the Harmony Gem of Magic broke apart. The Masked Matterhorn fell to the ground and groaned loudly.

"Hehehehehe!" Darkanus cackled loudly. "Hahahahahaha! HAHAHAHAHAHA! HAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!" He turned toward the heroes and villains behind him. They were paralyzed with fear. "Now, as I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted..."

The heroes and villains tried to push back Darkanus, but nothing even phased him. One by one, he picked up each super-powered being and ate all their powers. Lastly, he drained the powers from the princesses.

"How does it feel," Darkanus asked, "To have all of Equestria fall under my thumb and being able to do nothing about it?"

"Don't be a fool," Princess Celestia said. "Nothing you want is worth all this destruction."

"Now, who's the fool?" Darkanus mocked. "This is necessary evil. You want to protect the world, but you won't allow it to change. You're all puppets tangled in... strings. But now, I am free. There are... no strings on me."

He turned around and saw the Power Ponies lying on the ground. The Mighty Machines were caring for them.

"I shall save you for last." Darkanus growled. "For now, I have errands to do, Canterlot is where I shall go first. You cannot stop me, do not even try, for I am darkness, and I. Am. Death."

Darkanus ran from the scene and into the populace. Everyone was horrified seeing their enemy leave.

"No." the Masked Matterhorn groaned in pain.

Shortly after, Carol walked from out of nowhere and approached the fallen crowd.

"Did we win?" she asked with plenty of annoyed eyes turned to her.

"We're too late." Hum Drum said. "Arcanus has returned and he destroyed the Harmony Gems." He held up the broken pieces in his claws. Carol was devastated when she saw them.

"So... this is what my sisters' plan ends with?" Carol asked. "If I had known..."

"It doesn't matter now, Carol." the Masked Matterhorn said sullenly. "Arcanus has returned, he absorbed the powers of Darkmatter and the Alicorn Amulet, and he destroyed the only way we can stop him. It's... over."

"Look, I may not be the smartest girl in the world," Carol said, "But I do know this: you didn't need the Harmony Gems to be a team, did you? You didn't need the Harmony Gems to change the hearts of others. You saved Sweet Apple Acres from the Pish-Posh Brothers. You saved Cloudsdale from a factory fire. You inspired other heroes to follow your friendship creed; the Under King, Slapstick, the Lone Mare, Anar D... and especially me. I've learned that respect doesn't come from power; it comes from being kind to others." She plucked a flower from the ground and presented it to Saddle Rager. "You know what I mean, right?"

Saddle Rager accepted the flower into her hoof and smiled. "I think I do."

Suddenly, the flower glowed with rainbow colors. Everyone was astonished when they saw it.

"The Flower of Kindness!" the Masked Matterhorn gasped. Everyone pulled out their items. "The set is complete!"

"But what does it mean?" the Shadow Blot asked. "What's the purpose of all these items?"

All of a sudden, the items in their hooves started to glow. They changed their shapes. When the light cleared, they looked like upgraded versions of the Harmony Gems.

"Ooooo." Filli-Second said. "Harmony Gems 2.0."

"THIS IS IT!" the Masked Matterhorn said. "All we have to do is use these against Darkanus!"

"But how do we hit him?" Timberwolf asked. "His new powers can grab the blast and throw it away."

"May I make a suggestion?"

The Doctor appeared out of nowhere.

"Doc!" Timberwolf gasped. "What are you doing here?"

"To tell you that now's the time for my suggestion I gave you the other day." the Doctor said.

"What's he talking about?" Dusk asked.

"Earlier," Timberwolf said, "He told me that when the dark storm rises, the only way to stop him is if we work as one. I have no idea what that means?"

Suddenly, Saddle Rager got an idea.

"Devastator, why don't you just grow yourself? If your powers to combine with other machines can grow your body, can you perhaps make yourself big enough to fight against Darkanus?"

"Devastate."

"He said that's never been tried before." Rodan said. "Besides, we don't know what it'll do to him."

"How about I tell you?" the Doctor explained. "There are electronic stores and automobile dealerships around the corner from here. Devastator will grow big and strong enough to fight Darkanus, but he won't be able to move. You will have to create control panels inside yourself for your friends to control your movements. There will also be an option where they can use their powers through your body. Do you understand, big one?"

Devastator looked at his friends and smiled.

"Devastate!"

"I'll take that as a yes." the Doctor said. "Good luck."

"Well, what are we waiting for?!" Zapp asked. "Let's save the day!"

"Matterhorn," Blue Comet said approaching the princess, "I... I want to wish you good luck and..."

"Don't worry." the Masked Matterhorn said. "I'll be back." She then pressed her lips to Blue Comet's.

As soon as the kiss broke off, the Power Ponies left the garden.

"This is strictly suicidal." the Sinister Sorceress said. "They're crazy."

"Maybe," Blue Comet said, "But they're heroes."

Author's Note:

I kept seeing Arcanus as the combination of Ultron and Smaug. That's why I gave him these quotes. Also, when I gave him that laugh when he destroyed the Harmony Gems, I was imagining him to sound like Mephiles the Dark.

The next chapter will feature the final battle. Prepare!