• Published 7th Jan 2015
  • 1,369 Views, 104 Comments

Power Ponies 2: The Eternal Bond - Epicdiscord214



The world of superheroes is changing. For better or for worse? The Power Ponies are about to enter the greatest battle of their lives.

  • ...
5
 104
 1,369

Unlikely Help

The Power Ponies and the Mighty Machines were comparing notes with each other on top of City Hall.

"So wait," Saddle Rager said. "Guys, if Arcanus can't escape the Netherealm, how did you six?"

"Devastate," Devastator said.

"Through the skin of our teeth," Masque said, "...If we had teeth... and skin."

"You'd be surprised what scrap metal we'd find around the Netherealm," Timberwolf said. "We salvaged as much as we could to build a generator that could bring us to Equestria and warn you about Arcanus. Of course, there's the fact that the generator could only have enough power for one trip, but we made it in one piece."

"You know," the Shadow Blot said, "For the first time in millennia, we've got nothing going on with us. There's no monster trying to eat us. There's no dark dimension we're trying to survive. There's no more threat. We... we don't have any trouble."

"FOR THE FIRST TIME IN FOREVEEEEEER," Masque shouted.

"Hey, Radiance," the Masked Matterhorn said, "Shouldn't you get ready for your dinner with Hum Drum tonight?"

"There's no hurry," Radiance said. "My beauty comes naturally, you know."

"Still," Mistress Marevelous said, "You should know how much it means to Hum Drum."

"What do you mean," Radiance asked.

"Uh, Rade," Mistress Marevelous said, "What do you think this dinner is?"

"A celebration dinner," Radiance said. "It's our way of celebrating for stopping Arcanus from returning."

The Power Poines and Mighty Machines had awkward faces.

"Uh, Radiance," Zapp said, "We're not invited. It's just you and Hum Drum."

"How come," Radiance asked.

"Because..." the Masked Matterhorn said, "...It's a... date."

The moment was silent. Suddenly, Radiance spoke.

"A date? As in, two people get together to be even closer to be each other's special some-pony?"

"Yes," the Shadow Blot said. "You see..." He stopped when he jolted up.

"Ricky, what's wrong," Timberwolf asked.

"HIT THE DIRT!"

The Shadow Blot pulled everyone to the ground. A green mist bolted over them.

"What was that," Rodan asked.

"It's heading for Power Tower," Zapp exclaimed.

The green mist hit Power Tower and it completely disappeared.

"Well, the headquarters looks okay," Dusk said.

"Let's get in," the Masked Matterhorn said. "Hum Drum's inside."


The Ponies and Machines were inside Power Tower and walked through its hallways.

"Sensors indicate... spooky," Masque said. "In fact, I'm going with, very spooky."

They entered a room and Hum Drum and the Power Pets were standing with their backs at the heroes.

"Hum Drum, are you all right," the Masked Matterhorn asked nervously. "Hum Drum?"

Suddenly, Hum Drum and the Power Pets revealed their glowing, green eyes.

"ALL HAIL ARCANUS," he shouted.

"That's spooky," Masque gasped.

"Like what you found."

The Power Ponies and the Mighty Machines looked and saw the Siren Sisters behind them.

"You again," Radiance asked. "What did you do to Hum Drum?"

"You see, we've hidden a mind-control spell inside of the superpowers of the New Heroes," Serena said. "We couldn't activate them sooner because we needed time to kill when you foolishly bring all New Heroes into Canterlot."

"You mean you're controlling every New Hero in Equestria," Dusk asked. "You're mad!"

"What about Anar D," Saddle Rage asked. "What happened to him?"

"Glad you asked," Serena said.

Suddenly, a sudden shift was felt. Everyone looked outside and saw Anar D 50 stories high. He grabbed Power Tower and lifted it from the ground.

"ANAR D," Saddle Rager shouted. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"

"Sorry, kids," Anar D said with a voice full of regret. "They took the real box."

Anar D flew into the sky with Power Tower in his hands.

"SIRENS," the Masked Matterhorn shouted. "AS PRINCESS, I ORDER YOU TO STOP AND RELEASE THE NEW HEROES!"

"Ah, but there's a new order now," Serena said, "Arcanus' order." She then stroked Hum Drum's scaled. "Besides, Hum Drum doesn't seem to mind change, don't you, boy?"

"ALL HAIL ARCANUS!"

"TAKE YOUR STINKING HANDS OFF OF HIM, YOU DARN, DIRTY SIREN," Radiance shouted.

"I got this," the Masked Matterhorn said. She fired an ice-blast from her horn towards Serena, but the human smacked it into another direction with a backhand.

"Don't bother," Serena said. "The more New Heroes that are under our spell, the stronger we are. You can't stop us and when we bring you to the rest of the original heroes and princesses, we will drain the life force out of the New Heroes and bring forth Arcanus. And when he gets here, he'll have a fresh buffet of energy we prepare for him. We just need to gather all the original heroes. And guess what... YOU'RE LAST!"

At that moment, the Siren Sisters transformed into their other forms and roared.

"Sheesh," Filli-Second said. "It's times like these that make you wish you hadn't gotten out of bed."

"MAKE FOR THE WINDOWS," Rodan shouted.

The Ponies and the Machines turned to the window and jumped out. Saddle Rager turned into her monster form and grabbed the Power Ponies while Devastator grabbed the Mighty Machines. They had a rough landing, but they made it safely on the ground.

The Siren Sisters turned back into humans and watched them land safely on the ground and growled.

"Are we going after them," Carol asked.

"But what about the Power Ponies," Melody asked. "We need all heroes destroyed."

"Don't worry, Melody," Serena said. "They'll come to us."


On the ground, the Power Ponies and Mighty Machines watched Anar D fly off with Power Tower in his lion paw. Soon, a familiar pegasus in a blue costume arrived onto the scene.

"Blue Comet," the Masked Matterhorn said.

"What happened," Blue Comet asked.

"Oh, nothing much," Masque said. "It's just the Siren Sisters mind-controlling the New Heroes and box-controlling Anar D. You know, the usual Tuesday routine."

"If the Siren Sisters are forcing the New Heroes to hunt down the originals," Radiance said, "That means we're the only ones yet to be captured."

"We've got to take the fight to the Siren Sisters," the Masked Matterhorn said.

"But how," Timberwolf said. "I don't know if you noticed, but there are three sirens with mind-controlled New Heroes ate their disposal and a draconequus they can control and we've got no one left to help us. We're six ponies, six wirewolves, and one powerless pony. That's an unlucky 13; count them."

"Are you sure there's no one left to help us," Blue Comet asked.

Everyone took a moment to think. Then, they came up with an idea that is very risky.


The jail cells were filled with many supervillain criminals. They all turned their attention to the Power Ponies when they entered.

"All right, everyone, listen up," the Masked Matterhorn declared. "Most of you here aren't stupid!"

"That'll win them over," Zapp said sarcastically.

"Some of you may know there's something wrong," Matterhorn shouted.

"We knew before you did," the Sinister Sorceress said.

"Yes, I'm sure," the Masked Matterhorn groaned. "But the point is, if we don't stop this threat soon, it won't matter if we're friends or enemies because we're all going to be dead. The only way for us to stand a chance is if we join forces... for the moment."

"Is that so," Pish, one of the Pish-Posh Brothers asked. "What do you think, brother of mine?"

"Well, I seem to recall that the Power Ponies locked us in here in the first place," Posh said.

"You're lucky it was just prison," Mistress Marevelous said.

"Look, how's about this," the Masked Matterhorn said. "I'm a princess. If you help us fight the Siren Sisters and get the New Heroes back, I will personally testify for you all in your parole hearings."

The supervillains looked at each other and instantly, they knew their answers. A few minutes later, the supervillains gathered their weapons and costumes from the evidence locker.

"Ooh, this is making my mane stand up," the Mane-iac said. "Today only, heroes and villains are putting aside their differences to fight a common threat to ponykind. Too bad that threat isn't me."

"If we live through this, Zapp," Gryphon Galore growled, "I'm pounding you into the ground."

"Well, that's too bad," Zapp said, "Because we're probably not going to live through this."

Author's Note:

Looks like a last resort to fight the Siren Sisters. Next chapter, the Doctor visits again. It's who he meets that changes everything.