• Published 24th Jan 2015
  • 13,789 Views, 545 Comments

The Sun of My Heart - BlueSun52



Meet Soul Writer, A sweet guy who likes to help others and has big plans for the future. Now he's coming to Canterlot High and is high over head for Sunset. Can he be able to win her heart?

  • ...
23
 545
 13,789

Chapter 20

A Special Day For A Special Guy

It was night time as the sun had gone down for a couple of hours and the sky was filled with thousands of stars. At the home of the Writer family, Soul let out a yawn as he was getting ready to go to bed and sleep for the night. His dog Toby jumped up to his usual spot on the bed and laid there waiting for his master to climb on.

After Soul brushed his teeth and went to the bathroom, he turned off the lights and patted Toby on the head before hopping in the bed. He got under the covers and was about to close his eyes until he heard a few knocks on his window.

Startled at first, Soul got up and turned on his lamp to see what could be at the window of a two story house. When he looked outside, his eyes widen and smiled to see the girl of his dreams smiling back at him. He could see that she was standing on a ladder and moved her eyes around; motioning him to let her in. He opened the window and climbing in his room was Sunset.

“What are you doing here, Sunny?” Soul asked. “Isn’t it kinda late for sneaking into your boyfriend's room?”

Sunset giggled. “Not if that boyfriend’s birthday is tomorrow,” she said before giving Soul a kiss. She then broke the kiss and hugged him. “I thought I would give you an early birthday present.”

“Oh, and what that be?” Soul asked as he never stopped looking into Sunset’s gaze.

“I thought that since we’ve been such an great couple, that I could spend the night with you in the same bed and be the first person to say happy birthday to you,” Sunset answered.

“And would we be doing anything special while we’re sharing said bed?” Soul asked as a sly smile appeared on him.

Sunset raised a finger up at Soul’s nose and bump it. “Not the kind you’re thinking of, babe” she replied.

Soul chuckled. “Yeah, I had a feeling you would say that,” he said. He leaned down to her and kiss her passionately as her cheeks slightly blushed. After a moment, the two broke their kiss and Soul looked at her. “I hope you don’t mind Toby sleeping with us,” he said. “He really does love sleeping on his spot.”

Sunset let go of Soul and leaned down to Toby as she started petting him. “Oh, how could I say no to such a sweet dog?” she said as she rubbed Toby’s head.

Soul uncovered the sheets of the bed and climbed under it. He lifted the sheets off for Sunset as she took her jacket and boots off before she climbed in with him. The two cuddled together and Soul looked deeply into Sunset’s gaze as she did the same for him. The two kissed and after that, Soul reached over to the lamp to turn it off. And the two fell asleep while they kept the other in their arms.


The Sun slowly raised over the horizon and the light peaked through the window. The light showed Soul having his arm over Sunset as her back was against him. Bits of Sunset’s hair stuck around her mouth and Soul snored lightly.

Opening the door and tiptoeing in, Dawn and Comet came into the room and saw the couple sleeping together. Dawn let out a sigh and held her hand up in front of her husband. Comet gave her a blow horn and she aimed it right at them.

Dawn pressed down on the button; making the blow horn let out a loud sound which terrified the couple as they jumped out of the bed and fell over to the other side of it. Toby, startled by the horn, jumped out of the bed and ran out the door. Soul and Sunset let out groans as their heads were ringing from the sound and the pain from falling.

Soul clutched the edge of his bed and pulled himself up as he angrily glared at his parents. Dawn and Comet had toothy smiles on them as Comet held up a cupcake.

“Happy Birthday!” the two cheered.

“Did you two have to do that!?” Soul asked.

“Yes, seeing as you have an unexpected guest come over last night,” Dawn replied. “Oh, and good morning, Sunset.”

Sunset grabbed hold of the edge of the bed and laid her head down. She then looked up at Dawn with a weak smile. “G-Good morning, Dawn,” she said. “How are you doing?”

“I’m doing well thank you,” Dawn replied.

“Here’s your birthday breakfast,” Comet said before handing his son the cupcake in his hand.

Soul grabbed the cupcake that had two numbers of it that indicated that he was eighteen.

“I have the rest of breakfast downstairs, so come down whenever you’re ready,” Dawn said before both her and Comet were leaving the room. Just as she was about to leave the room, Dawn looked back at them. “Oh, and Sunset?”

“Y-Yes?”

“As long as Soul lives here, I’m the first person that says happy birthday to him,” Dawn said before leaving the room.

Both Soul and Sunset gulped.

“How did she know that I sneaked in?” Sunset asked.

“Must be a mom thing,” Soul guessed. He then looked at the cupcake and removed the two waxed numbers on it before smiling at Sunset. “Wanna be the first to have some birthday breakfast?”

Sunset smiled back and leaned in close to Soul as she wrapped her arms around him. “I think I like to have your first birthday kiss,” she said before pressing her lips with his.

“Oh, and one more thing,” Dawn said as she popped her head back into the room which startled the couple. “Soul, if you ever talk about doing it with your girlfriend again, I’ll have you neutered.”

Soul’s color’s turned paler than usual as beads of sweat were pouring down from his forehead. “Y-Yes, ma’am,” he meekly replied. “A-And I was just joking about it.”

“I know, but you can never be too safe,” Dawn said. “Anyways, come down when you’re ready.”

Dawn left the room and the couple stood silent for a moment, before Sunset had a devious smile on her.

“So, I’ve been thinking about our relationship lately and I think we should-”

“Don’t even think about it,” Soul warned.


It was night time and most of Soul’s friends and family were celebrating his birthday at the Sweet Shoppe. The cakes had a table with various foods and sweets at the party. Everyone was either chatting or were playing the games that were set up by Pinkie.

Soul and his close friends sat around in a booth as what was left of a cake laid on top of the table.

“Oh man, that cake was so good,” Rainbow Dash said as she rubbed her belly. “Soul, Applejack, Granny Smith really knows how to make a birthday cake.”

“Well, she is the eldest one on the family and she knows all of the family’s recipes,” Applejack explained. “But Ah can’t seem take another bit of it, even though it tasted so good.”

Soul let out a small burp as he blushed slightly. “Excuse me,” he said. He then looked over to his grandmother. “Thank Granny for making the cake.”

“Aww, you’re welcome,” Granny Smith said before giving Soul a kiss on the cheek. “Anything for my grandchildren.”

Sunset sat right next to Soul as she laid her head down on his shoulder as she was feeling full from eating the cake. She then looked up at Soul. “So, how are you enjoying your birthday?” she asked.

“It’s been the best,” Soul replied. “I have all my friends, family and the girl that I love here and I can’t ask for anymore than that. Thank you all for coming.”

“No problem, man,” Rivet said.

“We wouldn’t miss this for the world,” Swift said.

“Although, can you make everything less tasteful?” Night asked. “I can’t take anymore of all this delicious food.”

“Sorry, but that’s impossible,” Granny Smith said.

“Hey, where are Rarity and Clyde?” Pinkie asked. “They were just here a moment ago.”

“I think I have a good idea where they are,” Soul said as he pointed out towards the janitor’s closet with a ‘Do Not Disturb’ sign hung on there. “Ah, memories.”

Rainbow Dash was drinking the last of her drink and slammed it down on the table when she was done. “Alright everyone, we have one last thing to do,” she said. “Soul, you're in for a treat.”

Soul raised a brow as he was confused. All the girls started to get up from the table and walked up towards the stairs. Rainbow Dash knocked on the janitor’s closet.

“Rarity, we’re getting ready for it,” she said. “Stop making love with your man and get out here.”

When the door opened, Rarity quickly buttoned up her shirt and patted her skirt down before running towards the stairs as Clyde walked out with several lipstick marks on him. He sat right next to the guys as they stared at Clyde with smug looks on them.

“Having a good night, Clyde?” Soul asked keeping his sly smile on him.

“Eh, yeah. You could say that,” Clyde replied, blushing, but grinning happily.

“So, what are the girls doing?” Swift asked.

All the guys shrugged and from out of nowhere, a large smoke screen went off. When the smoke went away, everyone’s eyes were now on the girls again. All of them were in awe as they saw them with their instruments and band outfits on.

“ARE YOU READY TO ROCK!?” Rainbow Dash yelled.

Everyone cheered and clapped at the girls for their sudden appearance and knew they were in for a treat.

Pinkie started tapping her sticks together as she counted down. “1, 2, 3!”

The girls started playing their instruments as Sunset leaned towards the microphone.

Hey!Hey!Hey!Hey!Hey!Hey!

Awesome as you wanna be!

Hey!Hey!Hey!Hey!Hey!Hey!

Awesome as you wanna be!

First I see you coming into my life.
Then you come in to the rescue.
Is there nothing you can do, you’re so good
Here you come now, you're on fire!

(Yeah!) you're awesome, take caution.
Watch out for you, you're on fire!
(Yeah!) you're awesome, take caution.
Watch out for you, you're on fire!

Hey!Hey!Hey!Hey!Hey!Hey!
Hey!Hey!Hey!Hey!Hey!Hey!

Step aside now, the birthday king is here!
It's your special day, so here is your anthem!
When it comes to being so cool, you're the ruler.
Today, you're the king of the world.

(Yeah!) you're awesome, take caution.
Watch out for you, you're on fire!
(Yeah!) you're awesome, take caution.
Watch out for you, you're on fire!

The girls finished their song and everyone cheered even louder as they clapped harder. Soul let out a loud ‘woo’ sound as he cheered for his favorite girl. The girls took a bow and Sunset walked over to Soul.

Sunset leaned down to Soul and smiled. “Happy birthday, babe,” she said before kissing him the lips with everyone letting out cheers for the lucky guy.

After sometime, the party had winded down and it was only Soul, his friends and his family that were still there. Sunset sat right next to Soul again and he had his arm wrapped around her as they chatted with everyone.

“This was the best birthday party ever,” Soul commented. “You guys are the best!”

“Anything for my cousin,” Applejack said as she wrapped her arm around Soul’s neck and started giving him a noogie.

“Hey, let go!” Soul laughed as he struggled to get out of Applejack’s grip.

“Alright everyone, I’m sorry to say but we have to close down for the night,” Mr. Cake said.

“That’s okay, we’ll head on out then,” Dawn said. “Thank you very much for hosting my son’s birthday.”

“Oh, it was no problem, Mrs. Writer,” Mrs. Cake said. “We’re happy to do so.”

Everyone headed out towards the exit as they were saying goodbye to the Cakes and Pinkie Pie, since she did live with them. As soon as they got outside, they all said their goodbyes to one another and went their separate ways with just themselves or with someone else.

Just as Soul was about to hop in the car with his parents, he felt a pair of arms wrapped around him and looked behind him to see Sunset. She smiled and gave Soul a kiss on the cheek.

“Mr. and Mrs. Writer?” Sunset asked Soul’s parents. “Do you mind if I borrow your son for a while.”

Comet smiled at Sunset. “Sure you can, just bring him back before eleven,” he said.

“Ten.” Dawn interjected.

“Oh come on, mom,” Soul begged. “It is my birthday.”

Dawn let out a sigh. “Fine, eleven,” she agreed. “Just don’t be late.”

“I won’t.”

Comet and Dawn climbed in their car and drove into the streets. Soul turned around and hugged Sunset back. The two broke their hug and climbed in her car and drove off into the star filled sky.

Later, they ended up at Sunset’s place and the two were on her couch as Soul made out with her. She blushed as Soul was the one on top of her and felt a bit nervous. But her fears went away as he gently stroked the back of her hair and held her hand. The two broke their kiss and lovingly gazed into each others eyes.

“I love you, Sunny,” Soul whispered.

“I love you too,” Sunset said back. “I”m so happy to be with you.”

“Not as happy as I am when I’m with you,” Soul said before kissing her on the lips for a moment. “So, anything you want to do before I head back home?”

“Can you stay here with me for a few more minutes?” Sunset asked. “I really don’t want you to leave.”

“I don’t want to leave you either,” Soul said. “But if my mom kills me, then how are we going to spend more time together?”

Sunset giggled. “You have a point,” she said. “But just for a few minutes?”

“Of course,” Soul replied with a smile.

Soul got on his side as he snuggled up from behind Sunset and held her with one arm. Sunset turned around to face Soul and buried her face in his neck as she let out a content sigh. The two enjoyed each other’s company for a moment before Soul spoke.

“Man, this is the best,” Soul commented. “I can’t wait to spend sometime with you during Christmas time.”

Sunset's eyes opened up and she formed a frown as memories started to wash up in her mind. Soul didn’t notice her frown and Sunset didn’t want him to see. She cleared her throat and slowly got up from her spot.

“We should probably get going,” Sunset said with a hint of sadness in her voice. “We don't want your mom to kill you, do we?” she giggled weakly and made her way towards the door.

“Is there something wrong?” Soul asked concernedly as he noticed the sadness in her voice.

“N-No, I’m fine,” Sunset replied nervously. “It’s nothing to worry about.”

“But-”

Before he could finish Sunset closed the door behind her and left Soul in her living room. Soul rubbed the back of his head as he felt something was wrong. He let out a sigh and got up.

‘Maybe I shouldn’t push it right now,’ Soul thought. ‘But if there’s something bothering her, I want to help her anyway I can.’

Soul grabbed his jacket and walked towards the door. He opened the door and closed behind him as he went to follow Sunset.

Author's Note:

That was one awesome birthday for Soul! But what is wrong with Sunset? It seems like something is a brewing over the horizon.

Get ready for: What You Mean To Me Arc!