• Published 24th Jan 2015
  • 13,853 Views, 545 Comments

The Sun of My Heart - BlueSun52



Meet Soul Writer, A sweet guy who likes to help others and has big plans for the future. Now he's coming to Canterlot High and is high over head for Sunset. Can he be able to win her heart?

  • ...
23
 545
 13,853

Chapter 15

Battle of the Couples! Part 2
Declaration of War!....And Other Stuff!

It was now the late afternoon and Soul was back at his home where he had hoped it would be a peaceful night after working hard at School. However, that was not the case. First was the announcement of the first ever Class Couples contest that would pick the top three best couples at the school. Then he and the guys were at first beginning to panic that the contest was going to go to the girls’ heads but lied to themselves that wasn’t going to be. After that, the girls are now being very competitive against one another and very territorial around their boyfriends. In Soul’s mind, he was absolutely convinced that the whole thing was going to be a hellish nightmare, of which, no man has ever witnessed.

Now in his room looking at a bunch of drawn up plans and schemes on his desk, Sunset was working and picking which plans to do in order to win the contest and hamper the others progress. Soul watched as he sat on his bed while looked at the back of Sunset with a worried look. For the first time since he met Sunset, he is now seeing what she was almost like before she became good. The only difference he could tell, was that she was doing it for someone else and wasn’t going to do anything so drastic to the others….At least that’s what he hoped.

Soul coughed in his hand as he was trying to get Sunset’s attention. “Are you sure that this is a good idea?” he asked. “I mean, they are our friends and all.”

“Soul, they may be our friends, but what they said about you was too far,” Sunset said without looking back at him. “Rarity and Rainbow Dash just plain called you a nerd and they had the nerve to say that you were not cool.”

“....But, I am a nerd,” Soul pointed out. “And why would I care what others think? I already know that I’m cool. Besides, we both know that’s not them talking. That’s just the crazy talk from getting worked up over this whole thing.”

“Maybe, but I’m not letting them get away with it,” Sunset said. She then looked over the plans she put together and a devious smile appeared on her. “Alright, I have a few plans on how to make them pay.”

“Sunny, I know that as my girlfriend, I am obligated to help you in anyway possible,” Soul began to say. “However, as your boyfriend, I have to say, you’re letting this whole thing blow out of proportion. And not in a good funny way, I mean, the ‘really really bad things are going to happen if we don’t stop now’ out of proportion.”

“Oh relax, I’m not going to make you do any of these things,” Sunset said. “I just need your opinion on some of them and I’ll do the rest. I find it easier to do things on my own then let others do it. Something I learned during my evil times.”

“....I can’t tell if I’m impress or scared.” Soul commented. “And you know very well I’m not going to do anything against my friends. What if I tell you that these are bad so you wouldn’t do them?”

“Then I know they’re good.”

“What if I say that they’re good then?”

“Then that’s also good.”

Soul let out a sigh. “There’s no way out of this, is there?” he asked in a defeated tone.

“You got that right, babe.”


Over at the Sweet Shoppe, or what others call it, Sugarcube Cafe, Pinkie was preparing her tricks and plans on how to win the contest and sabotage the others the best she could. She brought along Swift as he sat on a chair with a bored expression while he was waiting on Pinkie to finish up her plans.

“So, do you think we should hit them with water balloons? Or do I need to put a bee hive under their pillows?” Pinkie asked.

“Pinkie, this is ridiculous, even by my standards,” Swift replied. “Look, I know that the girls have said some means things about me, but I’m not bothered by it. I bet it was because of this contest that they went a little overboard and we should all just sit down together and talk this out….And if you’re ignoring that idea, I prefer we hit them with water balloons. I don’t want to any real harm to them.”

Pinkie let out a sigh. “Fine, we’ll stick with the water balloons,” she said in a disappointed tone. “Why can’t you just say yes to the ideas that involve me really hurting them?”

“Cause I love you and I don’t want you to do anything you’ll regret later,” Swift said. “Now please just listen to me and try to get everyone together. I bet some of the others would be willing to.”

“No deal,” Pinkie replied. “They made this very personal and I intended to bring down both the wrath of god and the flames of hell all upon them. MUHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!”

Swift let out a gulp as beads of sweat poured down from his forehead. Seeing Pinkie distracted from her maniacal laughing, he tiptoed his way towards the door. He was a about to be close enough to grab onto the doorknob until from out of nowhere, Pinkie sprang right in front of him, blocking his only exit.

Pinkie looked at Swift with a small devious smile. “What'cha think ya doing?” she asked in a somewhat enthusiastic voice.

“Um...Well, I was just-”

“No you’re not,” Pinkie said bluntly. She pulled out a key from her back pocket and locked the door behind her while she kept her gaze on the terrified Swift. When the door was locked, she pulled the key out of the doorknob and dropped it in between her chest. “You know, talking about backstabbing your friends in the back makes me kinda...want to have some fun~” she singly-said the last part.

Swift looked at Pinkie with a long blank look. “.......I’m scaroused.”


After dribbling a basketball on her driveway for a moment, Rainbow Dash leap up into the air and shot the ball out of her hands. The ball sprawled around the hoop over the garage until it went through the net and bounced back on the ground. She panted as she had done this drill for about twenty minutes. She was frustrated as hell while she was wondering how she and Rivet could win the contest.

It was true she had dated other guys before Rivet, but most of them were more like flings to her and even she had a real boyfriend she would mess it up or get mad about something that they did or were going to do. She hoped that Rivet and her won’t ever break up or do anything that would make the other angry with each other.

Rainbow Dash grabbed the ball from the ground and got back on her spot. She dribbled it a couple of times before taking another shot at the hoop. This time however, was the first time that it hit the edge of ring and bounced away from it. She cursed when she saw that it didn’t go through the hoop as she watch it land back on the ground. The ball landed and rolled for a moment before it bumped into a pair of feet and someone grabbed it.

Rainbow Dash gave a small smile when she saw that it was Rivet.

“Hey, Dash,” Rivet said to her. “Still angry?”

Rainbow Dash let out a sigh. “Yeah, pretty much,” she said. “That whole thing escalated very quickly.”

“You don’t have to tell me that,” Rivet said before he walked up to her with the ball in his hand. “Wanna talk about it?”

“No, what I wanna do is beat that fashioness at her own game,” Rainbow Dash said. “She thinks just because we started dating makes her the best out of us. I bet her and Clyde have problems in their relationship. Hell, they can’t seem to go about five feet without feeling sad that they were separated for a second.”

Rivet chuckled. “Yeah, they do have that kind of problem,” he said. He then looked down at Rainbow Dash who was looking away from him while she was in her own world. “Hey um, do you sometimes want that to happen between us?”

Rainbow Dash looked at Rivet with a raised brow.

“Unless of course you’re not into that kind of stuff, then I understand,” Rivet said letting out a weak smile. “I mean, like you said, you’re not into that kind of stuff.”

“....Can I ask you something you something?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Sure.”

“Do we… Do we make a good couple at all?” Rainbow Dash asked which caught Rivet off guard. “Compared to the rest of the others, they probably think that we don’t care about one another because they think we’re tough or we just like to keep to ourselves. Can people like that even have someone special in their life?”

Rivet paused for a moment as he thought about Rainbow Dash’s words.

“I think that we should just stop worrying about how others do and think and do what we do,” Rivet replied. “And I believe even people like us can have someone special. Besides, we’re already know for one thing.”

“And that is?”

Rivet then held Rainbow Dash’s hand. “Being one awesome couple,” he said before leaning forward and kissing Rainbow Dash on the lips.

The two kissed for a blissful moment until Rivet pulled away from Rainbow Dash and smiled. She too smiled and wrapped her arms around him in a gentle hug. The two stood silent together as they were enjoying each others company until Rivet spoke up.

“So, are you going to be nice and let this whole contest go?” he asked.

“Hell no.”

Rivet let out a sigh. “I know you were going to say that.”


At the home of Rarity Belle, she was changing contently as she went through various dresses and outfits. Piles and piles of clothes laid on the ground as she felt more and more insecure about her appearance. Her plan on winning the couples contest was to look not at her most fabulous self but in the most heavenly like way that not even the gods themselves cannot deny her and Clyde the title of best couple.

Clyde sat idly by with a worried expression as he watched Rarity while she changed from behind her dressing room. Even when they were going out for a long time, he had never seen her act like this. Except the one time during the Spring Fling. That was just a pure nightmare he was hoping to never experience again. He let out a shudder as he remembered the event.

Rarity came out of her dressing room once more and walked to the nearby mirror to see what she looked like. She was wearing a pure white fur coat over a white long sleeve shirt and long white skirt with black stockings. After her inspection, she let out a smile.

“Perfect in the most heavenly way,” Rarity said boldly. “Now we just need to other outfits for the rest of the week and we’re going to make a smashing victory out of this.”

“I’m glad that this whole thing is inspiring you to go to new heights with your designs and everything, but don’t you think your going too far?” Clyde asked. “Was it really worth calling some of our friends names for just a little title?”

Rarity let out a sigh. “Well, I admit that it was uncouth of me to lower myself to calling some of our friends names,” she said. “But if we’re going to win this, we going to have to do what we can and use whatever tricks we have.”

“Aren’t you at least going to apologize?”

“Oh don't worry, I will,” Rarity replied. “Just as soon as we beat them.”

Clyde let out a sigh.

“Hmm, while I’m at it, I should start on how you look,” Rarity thought out loud.

Clyde’s eyes widened with fear. “Eeehh, I just remembered that I need to head back home early so I can be ready for Coach Iron Will’s basketball training tomorrow,” he lied. “It’s going to be extra long and extra hard to do so I need plenty of rest before-”

“Oh hush, I know for a fact that Coach Iron Will isn’t having any basketball training tomorrow because he has a dentist appointment,” Rarity said earning her Clyde’s shock expression. “You’d be surprised what you learn from the janitor.”

‘Damn it!’ Clyde cursed to himself.

Rarity quickly grabbed Clyde’s arm and pulled him over to the dressing stall. Everything was going so fast for them as she was removing all of his clothes at lightning speed. Making her way into the room, Sweetie Belle walked through the open doorway.

“Hey sis, do you know where-”

Before she could finish, something hit her right in the face and everything went dark for a moment. When she removed it from her face, she turned bright red as she saw that it was Clyde’s underwear. She looked up to hear noises coming from the dressing stall and slowly back away from the room.

“Never mind,” Sweetie Belle squeaked and ran as fast as her little legs could carry her.


It was nearing the end of the day as Fluttershy was left to close the pet store for the night. She worked part-time at the store and would help keep the animals safe and healthy while from time to time, voluntarily work there for free as she deeply cared for all the animals that lived in it. As she was locking the door, she turned around and let out a small yelp when she saw someone behind her. She let out a sigh of relief when she found out it was Night.

“Oh Night, you scared me,” Fluttershy said.

Night held out his hands. “I’m sorry about that,” he said. “Guess I should have let you know I was coming by.”

“It’s okay, I didn’t mind,” Fluttershy said before walking over to Night giving him a hug. “So, what are you doing here, if you don’t mind me asking that is?”

“I just wanted to see how you’re doing,” Night replied. “What with what happened today and all.”

“Oh,” Fluttershy looked down to the ground for a moment. “Do you think we should not do anything for the contest? Because I know I don’t like gaining everyone's attention but I can’t just let the girls get away with what they said about you.”

“Look, I think it’s cool that you would stand up for me like that,” Night said. “But they are your friends. Can’t you just try to talk with them and try to clear the air?”

Fluttershy twirled her fingers. “I would like everything to be back to normal,” she said. “But I’m not sure if they would listen.”

“It doesn't hurt to try,” Night said before giving a peck on Fluttershy’s forehead. “Need me to give you a lift?”

Fluttershy smiled and nodded.

Night held Fluttershy’s hand until they walked over to his bike that he had parked on the sidewalk.

“Sorry about the ride,” Night said. “I don’t exactly have anything cool yet for us to drive in.”

“That’s okay,” Fluttershy said.

Night climbed on top of the bike with Fluttershy strapping herself around his waist. He gave her his helmet for protection and started peddling off into the star filled skies.


It was early next morning as students of Canterlot High walked into the school as they were either chatting with one another or simply made their way inside. Soul let out a yawn as he covered his mouth. He was up almost all night as Sunset was preparing him and her for the contest about what she was going to do to the other girls and what they would be doing in the next few days. Some of her ideas made him shiver with fear while other ideas he didn’t mind one bit as they greatly benefited him.

As Soul was walking, he heard a something whisper to him from a nearby bush. He walked over to it to see who was whispering to him. He yelped when he saw Swift poke his head out from the top.

“AAAH! Dude, what are you doing in a bush?” Soul asked.

“I thought it was the only I could talk to you,” Swift replied.

Soul rolled his eyes. “I’m guessing your girl told you not to hang with us too?” he asked.

“Yes, and she was very passive aggressive about it,” Swift said. “I tried to convince her to stop all this but she wouldn’t budge.”

“Same here,” Soul said. “Sunset is really determined to beat the girls in this game. I even suspect that she has reverted to her old self. I don’t know why, but I kinda find it hot.”

Swift blunk a couple of times.

“Like I said, I don’t know why,” Soul clarified. He then let out another yawn. “It was so bad, Sunset keep me up almost all night long to help her with her plans. I only was able to get a couple of hours of sleep.”

“At least that’s what happened to you,” Swift said. “Pinkie did much more worse than that.”

Soul raised a brow. “What did she do?” he asked.

“I rather not talk about it,” Swift said as his face got red. “Anyways, I wanted to tell you that the other guys are planning on having a secret meeting from the girls.”

“A secret meeting?”

“Yeah, we’re having it at-”

“There you are!”

“AAAAHH!”

The two screamed as Pinkie popped right next to Swift in bush and was staring at him with an angry expression.

“What did I tell you about talking with our friendenemies?” Pinkie asked as she kept her glare on Swift.

“N-Not to?” Swift answered, nervously.

“That’s right and what are you doing?”

“T-Talking.”

“That’s also right,” Pinkie said. “Now get moving!”

Swift yelped, jumped out of the bush and ran as he could into the building. Soul gulped as he looked back at Pinkie who was now bearing an angry glare at him. She pressed her nose against his as she leaned in closer to him.

“Now listen here, punk,” Pinkie said. “I better not see you anywhere near Swift or you’re going to regret it.”

“A-And if I do?” Soul asked, nervously.

Pinkie opened her mouth for a moment but closed it as she rubbed her chin. She was trying to think of an answer but couldn’t think of one. “I don’t know,” she replied. “But it’ll be really, really, really bad.”

“G-Got it,” Soul said.

Pinkie then beamed out a smile. “See you in class!” she said happily and disappeared into the bush.

Soul raised a brow and looked through the bush to see that Pinkie really was gone. He scratched the side of his head in confusion and shrugged it off as a Pinkie thing. He then looked at the school and let out a sigh.

“This is going to be the most hellish week in my entire life.”
















Back at the time when Pinkie had locked Swift with her in her room, she was able to get him onto the bed as she was painting his nails as he slumped down with an embarrassed look.

“This is so much fun!” Pinkie said as she applied the pink nail polish. “I used to do this with my sisters all the time. Too bad that they’re not here right now to help out, but I guess that means more for me! Right, Gummy?”

A little green alligator was in a large tank as it just blinklessly stared at the two like they weren’t there at all and was looking at something that was out of this world.

Swift let out a sigh. “You know, I was really hoping that it would have been something else entirely different,” he said to himself.

Author's Note:

Yep, this is really happening. Decided to release the arc early because it's a four parter. Enjoy:twilightsmile: