• Published 24th Jan 2015
  • 13,788 Views, 545 Comments

The Sun of My Heart - BlueSun52



Meet Soul Writer, A sweet guy who likes to help others and has big plans for the future. Now he's coming to Canterlot High and is high over head for Sunset. Can he be able to win her heart?

  • ...
23
 545
 13,788

Chapter 1

Meeting Her

Soul let out a yawn as he was riding in his mom’s car. It was early in the morning and he and his mom were heading towards his new school. He and his family recently moved into the small town of Canterlot during the summer time because of financial issues and so his mom thought it would be best to live out in the countryside near some family members.

Soul had on a black t-shirt underneath his white, half sleeve hoodie with black pants on. He was also wearing a pair of long, black, fingerless gloves. His hair was pure white while his irises were bright blue.

The car soon stopped in front of the his new school, Canterlot High. Soul climbed out of the car and looked at the crowed of students in the courtyard. They were mingling with one another while others were heading inside. Even some of the teachers were outside hanging around as well

‘Alright, new life and new school. What can go wrong?’ Soul said to himself as he took a step.

“Um, Sweetie?”

“Yes mom?”

“You’re forgetting your bag.”

Soul stopped and looked back to see his mom holding the bag up outside of the car while she looked at him with a half lid look and a raised brow. Soul felt slightly embarrassed and went over to grab his bag.

“And don’t forget to give me a goodbye kiss.”

“Aaahh, moooom.”

“What’s wrong? Don’t you love your mom?”

“I do love you, it’s just-”

Before he could finish, his mom made a puppy eye look at him while she curled her lips. Soul gave out a defeated sigh and kissed his mom on the cheek. He could hear a few snickers behind him as well as an aw from the students passing by. His face was tint with small bit of blush on them.

“There, now that wasn’t so bad now was it?”

“A little,” Soul whispered.

His mom rolled her eyes and looked back at her son with a smile. “I’ll come to pick you up when school is over. And don’t forget to say hi to your cousins and grandma,” she said.

“I will,” Soul said. “Bye, mom.”

“Bye, sweetie. Have a good day.”

Soul’s mom stepped back into the car and drove off from out of sight. Soul let out a sigh and began to walked towards the school’s entrance. Once he was inside, Soul took a look around and saw a lot of students walking around either heading towards their class or were at their lockers getting or putting things in them. He took a few steps forward until he was suddenly hugged from behind while feeling the crushing force.

“Why hey there, cuz! Ah’m glad you were able to make it.”

Soul recognized the voice and turned his head slightly. “Hey, Applejack? Can you let go?” he wheezed.

“Oh, sorry.” Applejack let go of Soul from her hug and rubbed the back of her head. “Ah always forget that Ah’m a lot stronger than you,” she said. She had on a brown stetson hat with a white, button shirt with green coloring on the top along with a blue jean skirt. She was also wearing a pair of brown boots. She had long blonde hair and her irises were bright green along with having three white freckles on each cheek.

Soul panted a few times before finally catching his breath. “It’s okay, AJ. I’m use to it,” he said. He then looked up at the cowgirl. “So how are things up here going?”

“They’re doing good. Ah was just talking to my friends about you and thought to see if ya made it yet.”

“Well, I made it,” Soul said. “Tell you the truth, I’m feeling a nervous.”

“Why’s that?”

“I just hope I can get along with everyone here.”

“Well, Ah wouldn’t worry about that. The people here are very friendly and I’m sure they would be more than willing to be friends.”

“Okay, if you say so,” Soul said. “Hey, where’s Big Mac and-”

Before he could finish, he was tackled again from behind but this time it wasn’t as forceful as the last one or as strong as Applejack’s hug. He turned around to see his other cousin, Apple Bloom. She was wearing a green t-shirt along with blue jeans while a small pink bow. She had two pairs of boots like Applejack but had ribbons near the top and were pale orange. Her hair was crimson colored and her irises were bright orange.

“Heya, cuz! Ah’m happy to see you again!” Apple Bloom exclaimed with a bright smile.

“I’m glad to see you too, Bloom,” Soul said, patting on top of the little farmer.

“Big Mac had to come in early to help out with Ms. Cheerilee,” Applejack explained. “He volunteered to help out with sorting out books with some of the other students.”

“Oh, I see,” Soul said. “Are you here to give me the tour? I was told that someone was going to give me one.”

“Wish Ah could, cuz, but Ah’m kinda busy right now practicing with my friends.”

“Oh right, you said that you and your friends put together a band last spring.”

“Yeah and they even won the Battle of the Bands a few months back,” Apple Bloom added.

“I heard about that but it was a bit sketchy though,” Soul said. “What exactly happened?”

“Ya wouldn’t believe me even if Ah told ya,” Applejack said.

“Somehow I believe that. And the fact that you never lie is what makes it even weirder or otherwise you would make that funny look.”

“Ah don’t make a look,” Applejack retorted. Her mouth then scrunch up as she was making a pouty expression.

Soul and Apple Bloom both looked at each other and back to her with half lid looks before raising one of their brows.

“Well, Ah’m on my way. See ya later, cuz,”Applejack said as she walked away waving.

“Ah gotta go too. Later,” Applebloom said and ran off.

Soul waved back at the two before they were gone and let out a sigh. He waited patiently at the front entrance as the students were going by and watched as each student was going by. He took notice a particular couple going by. The girl that had purple, curly hair while there was a guy with black, spiky hair held some books for her as they walked by. Soul soon notice two guys down the hall as his eyes wandered around. One of them was holding onto a guitar while he was tuning it and the other guy next to him was looking at a pink hair girl before she looked in his direction and hid away from her as he tried to cover his blush.

‘Okay, that guy clearly has a crush on her,’ Soul thought as he saw the two pass.

Soul scratched the back of his white hair and let out a sigh. Just when he thought about finding his way around, he felt a couple of taps on his shoulder. He looked back to see a girl behind him. She had soft, cyan iries and a flaming hair color of both red and yellow streaks. Her outfit was a dark jacket with a dark pink shirt under it while she had an orange skirt with pale tan and dark purple streaks in it. The shirt had a little symbol of a sun with both red and yellow coloring. And her boots were black with pink flames on it.

Soul couldn’t help but blush lightly as he found her very attractive.

The girl smiled and held out her hand. “Hi, my name is Sunset Shimmer and I’m here to give you a tour of the school,” she said.

Soul smiled back and shook hand with the girl. “Nice to meet you. Name’s Soul Writer, but you can just call me Soul.”

“That’s a pretty cool name,” Sunset said. “I hope that your stay here at Canterlot is going well so far.”

“It is. Just met up with some of my cousins who are attending here.”

“Really? Anyone that I might know?”

“Maybe. Do you know Applejack, Big Mac and Apple Bloom?”

“Wait, you’re related to the Apple Family?”

“Yeah, why?”

“I’m best friends with Applejack and we’re all in the same band.”

“Really? That’s cool,” Soul said. He then had a puzzled look on him. “Wait, she said that she needed to go do some practice with you guys. How come you’re not with them?”

“They just need practice with their instruments and I only fill in for guitar from time to time and they don’t need me for any vocals right now,” Sunset explained.

“So you're the lead singer?”

“Yes I am.”

“That’s awesome.”

“I better get started with the tour, classes won’t start until in a little bit and I need to show you where to go.”

“Alright, lead the way.”

Sunset nodded and started showing the Soul around the school. She took her time telling Soul about some of the school’s history as she showed him the various rooms that he would be using. Sunset kept on going until they were nearing the music room and heard loud instruments playing.

“That’s the girls playing in there right now,” Sunset said. “Would you like to meet them?”

“Sure, I would like to,” Soul replied.

“Great,” Sunset said, opening the door to the room. “By the way, did Applejack ever tell you about any of-”

“SUNSET, LOOK OUT!”

Sunset looked to see a soccer ball heading straight towards. She froze in place and wasn’t moving. Soul quickly grabbed her by the arm and pulled her out of the way as the ball zoomed out of the room. The ball slammed against the wall and bounced a couple times on the ground before it stopped.

Sunset had her eyes closed for a moment and opened them when the fear went away. She looked up to look into Soul’s blue eyes and realized that he had his arms wrapped around her. The two blushed as their faces were inches away from each other and time stood still for them.

Soul quickly let go of Sunset and cleared his throat. “Are you okay?” he asked, concernedly.

“Y-Yeah, I am. Thanks,” Sunset replied, nervously.

“It was no problem.”

“Sunset, are you okay!?” Poking out of the music room was a girl with very light, blue skin and had six different streaks of colors in her hair. She was wearing a white t-shirt that had a symbol of a white cloud with a lightning bolt that had three shades of color on it underneath a blue jacket. She also had on a pink skirt with white streaks and a black shorts under it.

“Yeah, I’m fine, Rainbow Dash,” Sunset replied. “What happened in there?”

Rainbow Dash let out a nervous chuckle and rubbed the back of her head. “Well, you see, I was really getting into the music that we were practicing. The next thing I knew, I was so into it, I kicked the soccer ball I had with me and well, you know the rest,” she explained.

“Wait, why did you have a soccer ball with you anyway?” Soul asked.

“Duh, I’m captain of the Wonderbolts soccer team. I have to keep it with me so I can practice whenever I can,” Rainbow Dash. She then looked at Soul and squinted at him for a moment. “Hey wait, I don’t remember seeing you before.”

“That’s because he’s new,” Sunset explained. “He was the new student I was showing around.”

“Oh, that explained it,” Dash said. “Nice to meet you. Name’s Rainbow Dash, Captain of the Wonderbolts and the awesomest person you’ll ever meet alive.”

Sunset playfully rolled her eyes.

“Um, nice to meet you,” Souls said, confusedly. “Name’s Soul.”

“Oh right, you’re Applejack’s cousin. She just told us about you before we got started.”

“Hey cuz.”

“Hey Applejack.” Soul waved at Applejack as she was holding onto her guitar.

Soul looked in the room to see three other girls with them. A couple of them he recognized was the girl with the puffy, pink hair who had a bright smile on her and was waving uncontrollably as she was sitting with her drums. The other was the girl with the curly, purple hair who was holding onto a keytar. The last one in there was a timid looking one as she was hiding behind her long pink hair as she was holding onto a tambourine.

“Hello,” Soul said.

“Hiya! My name is Pinkie!”

“I’m Rarity, it’s a pleasure to meet you.”

“Hi. Um, I’m Fluttershy in case you were wondering and if you weren’t, sorry.”

“You don’t have to apologies. It’s very nice to meet you,” Soul said, earning a small blush from Fluttershy. “My name is Soul but I guess Applejack already told you that.”

“Indeed she did,” Rarity said.

“I heard that you can do Taekwondo?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Yeah, use to do it a lot a couple of years ago,” Soul replied.

“Sweet! I know some Karate skills too.” Dash then started doing some moves with her hands and legs as she was punching and kicking the air.

“Actually, Taekwondo isn’t Karate.”

“Huh?”

“Taekwondo was developed in Korea while Karate was developed in Japan. I’m not one hundred percent sure between the different styles, but I believe that Taekwondo was more built for self-defence and leg development while Karate was made for hand-to-hand combat.”

“Huh, I didn’t think there was a difference,” Rainbow Dash said.

“It’s okay, it’s a common mistake.”

Sunset looked up at the clock hanging high on the wall and saw what time it was. “ Sorry girls but we have to get moving. I still need to show Soul around before we have to head to classes,” she explained.

“Alrighty then, later cuz,” Applejack said, giving Soul another bone crushing hug.

After saying their goodbyes, Sunset and Soul were back walking down the halls again. Sunset looked back at Soul for a moment and smiled. “You really going to like here, this school is no doubt the best there is,” she said.

“I’ll take your word for it,” Soul happily said. When they were coming near a door, he noticed the numbers on it and recognized them. “The is the room I was supposed to go to for my first class.”

“Good timing too, we only have a couple of minutes until classes start,” Sunset said. “I have to go and get to my class. I’ll see you later.” Sunset waved as she departed.

Soul waved back at her. As he was grabbing onto the doorknob and was about to turn it, he looked back at Sunset for a moment as she was walking down the hallway. He thought back when he was holding onto her when he saved her from the soccer ball and thought about how her eyes were so beautiful to him. He blushed when he remembered how her body was pressed against him and that her lips were so close to his.

He shook his head violently and let out a breath of air to let out the tension in him. He looked back up to see that she was gone. A smile crept along his face.

‘I think I’m going to like here a lot more than I thought,’ he said to himself.

He opened the door and went into his first class.

Author's Note:

And thus it begins.
I want to thank Azure_Shadow, BRye MC, and CogWing for their help and support.

Edit: I changed the name of the town to Canterlot. You can thank, Awesomo3000 for that:twilightsmile: