• Published 14th Jan 2015
  • 2,743 Views, 18 Comments

The Lovenote - Blu_Ray



Five years later into the future, Soarin and Rainbow Dash have faded away from each other. Soarin decides to write his crush a love note, hoping that she'll still like him. Especially after he didn't get the chance to tell her goodbye.

  • ...
4
 18
 2,743

The Lovenote

Soarin paced his bedroom, anxiety grasping him like a deadly disease. Next week would be Valentine's, and he had nopony to share it with. One and only mare in all of Equestria came to his mind whenever he thought of the words "beauty", "love", and "perfection". That mare was Rainbow Dash. Her long, rainbow colored hair blazed through the sky like lightning when she flew. Her cyan fur matched the sky perfectly on sunny days, and her magenta eyes lit the room she was in. Anywhere and everywhere Rainbow was, Soarin wanted to be. But he couldn't. The light furred pegasus stallion had moved about five years ago to Las Pegasus, the new home of the Wonderbolts since they gained more fame. Now he was even further away from Rainbow Dash as ever.

Soarin, eager to see Rainbow Dash again, sat down in his leather desk chair. Pulling out a sheet of paper, along with some quill and ink, he began writing. As his thoughts hit the paper, he became more confident in what he thought would be a stupid idea.


Dear Rainbow Dash,

I know you probably don't remember me... we never dated or anything. I also know that you're probably reading this, and is getting ready to crumble it up and throw it away because of my first sentence. But please... I just wanted to tell you something. Something that I take to heart... something that is serious to me. I know for a fact that you loved the Wonderbolts. Well, that's me. I've been with them for quite a while now, and after flying over so many treetops and open meadows we get a lot from the aerial view. I will always remember one mare... one mare in particular that always caught my eye.

Everything seems so perfect in my life. I have money. A lot of money. I have not only nationwide fame, but now worldwide popularity. I have a huge mansion in Las Pegasus. But... it's all to myself. I get lonely, even at work. Sure, Spitfire, Fleetfoot- they're all nice mares. But, somepony else really had a place in my heart. No, somepony else really has a place in my heart.

All I seem to remember of you now after all these years of being imprisoned from what seemed like paradise is that you were always awesome. Your voice- that fun, fast, flirty voice... Rainbow Dash, please don't think I'm weird. I just... feel different around you. And after being forced away from somepony I always liked, my feelings became intense.

I might have been over dramatic, Rainbow, but this is all truly coming from my heart. Every night I still ask myself if you're really still out there. If Rainbow is single. If Rainbow still likes me. If Rainbow doesn't hate me for not saying goodbye. And... the anxieties of it all is just waiting for the right time to attack me. I love you. And if you don't, or if you've moved on... that's alright. I... might get over you.

I remember the time that Spitfire and Fleetfoot traded me in for you in the Equestrian Games Qualifications. I know why- you're an amazing flyer with lots of speed, agility, and talent. Why didn't they just keep you? I guess you didn't want to stay with them. And the time before that when you saved me when my wing broke while I was flying- that was epic. Sure, I was somewhat embarrassed being saved by a mare, but when that mare was you, why would I have been ashamed?

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I love you. I- I don't understand this constant feeling of dependence on one particular pony that I moved away from. I don't get why after a long day of work, flying through the skies of Las Pegasus with many other mare Wonderbolts, that you are always on my mind (even when I don't realize I'm thinking about you). I fail to comprehend why you, after being forced away from me five years ago, are still picture perfect in my memory. Those luminescent eyes... that beautiful fur... the way your mane and tail flew through the air... your striking cutiemark... how do I not forget someone like you?

If you still like me, write me back. If not... I might get over it, or I might not. You're a tough mare to get over. I've gone five years without seeing you in pony, and you're still in my dreams at night. Last time I wasn't able to tell you goodbye. I want to tell you that. Goodbye doesn't mean I'll never see you again. It just means I have another chance to tell you "hello".

Goodbye.

~Soarin


As the pegasus reread it, he sighed. He knew that if she was married that she'd probably just laugh, and then show her husband the letter. He would make a fool out of himself. He'd get a letter back, and be all excited. He'd open it, and then his woes would come running back to him when he reads that she hates him, or that she moved and that somepony else had wrote him back. But, if this was his one way to get in touch with her, he would give it a try. He sealed the envelope shut, and soon put it in his mailbox.




~Valentine's Day~

Soarin sat alone in his living room. His head rested on his hoof. The only thing that seemed alive was his ceiling fan, which spun slowly above him. Suddenly, a knock was heard at his door. He jumped up, and went to open it. To his surprise, a mare stood at the door. A certain cyan furred, rainbow-haired pegasus with a pie in her hoof stood on his front steps.

"Goodbye doesn't mean I'll never see you again. It just means I have another chance to tell you hello." She said, blushing.

Author's Note:

Just something weird I wrote up after a date with Vanilla Mocha. This is unedited, so don't kill me for grammar mistakes. (In other words, be nice!) I hope you enjoyed it. :rainbowwild:

Comments ( 16 )

You'd think she would have been accepted into the Wonderbolts by now...

WHOOOOOOOOOOOO DAT WUZ GOOD

5502618 bruh crackerjacks lines jacket thief

Congrats for getting on the popular list!

5502618 Remember when Dash tried out to be a Wonderbolt? (Including the episode where she tries out for the Equestria Games, like mentioned in this story?) She mainly didn't want to join because the other ponies weren't the kind of friends she wanted. Sorry if I came across as rude; I am just replying to a comment I wanted to say something about.

5503518 Thanks! (I never even knew my story was on it!)

This was cute:rainbowkiss:
Why incomplete though?

5506168 Thanks. I don't know why it said incomplete... I changed it. Thanks for letting me notice that! Heh, heh...

I. Wish. It. Were. Me.:raritycry:

By the way I'm blaming the only grammar mistake I found on Soarin. if there's any more, I'll hope they're in that letter.

:fluttershysad: It was so sweet... Kinda reminds me of a crush I had, catch is I already got over it. SoarinDash is OTP!

:twilightsmile: :rainbowkiss: :raritywink: its so cute!!!

I love the story:heart: it made me cry :rainbowkiss::fluttercry:

I think this might be the shortest story I’ll add to my favorites.

How’d you pack so much emotion in 2k words? You did a wonderful job.

Login or register to comment