• Published 8th Jan 2015
  • 15,607 Views, 895 Comments

Kingdom Hearts: Princess Twilight Sparkle - Golden Flare



Sora needs a new training ground to prepare for his Mark of Mastery exam retake, King Mickey sends him, Donald, and Goofy to a new world for such a task, but will it be another world in danger?

  • ...
11
 895
 15,607

Princess Twilight Sparkle Part 1 - Chapter 2: Strange Occurrences

Inside the Canterlot Castle, Sora, Twilight, and the rest of the gang gathered into a hallway of stained glass windows, depicting the history of Equestria, especially one new addition; the coronation of Princess Twilight Sparkle.

"You look amazing, Darling!" Rarity said to Twilight, admiring the stained glass image of her, "They've really captured your regality."

"You can say that again." Sora added in awe.

"I suppose." Twilight replied.

"Oh, don't so modest," Rarity began, "it's everypony's dream to someday wear a crown and have their coronation ceremony preserved in stained glass for all to see!"

"I don't know if it's everypony's dream." Rainbow commented.

"It certainly ain't mine." Donald agreed.

"Most of my dreams are about frosting!" Pinkie said, licking her lips and moaning at the thought of frosting.

Everyone just stared at her in silence, until Fluttershy broke it, "We better get going, we don't wanna miss our train."

"Fluttershy's right," Applejack began, "Don't know bout y'all, but Ah still got bushels ta do ta git ready, the official celebration may be here in Canterlot, but, hoo-wee, the mayor put us in charge of one heck of a party back home!"

With that said, Twilight's spirits dampened; she was going to stay in Canterlot while her best friends, the ones who always stood by her through thick and thin, were headed back to Ponyville, their home and hers.

"Oh, don't look like that, sugarcube, you git ta be right there with the other princesses when Celestia raises the sun."

"And I'm honored, really I am, it's just that the Summer Sun Celebration is what first brought us all together, it just doesn't feel right not getting to spend such a special day with Ponyville friends." Twilight explained.

"It doesn't feel right to us, either, Darling," Rarity said, "If the mayor wasn't so desperate for our assistance, we most certainly stay here in Canterlot, and, of course, we do understand that your royal duties must come first."

"Well, that doesn't seem fair." Sora said.

"What're YOU gripin' about? You get to stay here with Twilight anyway!" Rainbow retorted.

"Friendship is just as important to me as it is to her."

Twilight smiled at him for his choice of words, but quickly frowned again from remembering the current situation.

"The Summer Sun Celebration may've brought us together, but it's somethin' much bigger that'll always keep us connected," Applejack motioned to a different stained glass and smiled, "Exhibit A!"

It showed an alicorn much bigger than Twilight at the top getting blasted by rays of light from her and her friends, but the weird thing for Sora is that in this image, Twilight doesn't have any wings, which confused him.

Didn't she have wings her whole life? Sora thought.

"Well I'll be! That's a mighty nice picture!" Jiminy complemented.

"The six of us united by the Elements of Harmony, no amount of royal duties is gonna change that. Right, everypony?"

Everyone, including Sora and his friends chimed in their agreement, except for one distracted pink pony.

"Right, Pinkie Pie?"

"Creamy, creamy frosting." Pinkie said, absent-mindedly while drooling and licking her lips.

Fluttershy rushed to her with a napkin and wiped the drool off her face, "You should take that as a 'yes'."

Everyone smiled while Sora couldn't help but chuckle a little.

* * *

The group gathered at the train station to see Twilight's Ponyville friends off, much to her reluctance.

TOOOOOOOOT!

As the train whistle screeched, it signaled that it was preparing to leave.

"We're gonna write you and give you sooo many details it'll be like you're in Ponyville with us!" Pinkie said in one breath, "Right girls?"

They all chanted, "Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye!"

"And you will be with us right after the celebration," Rarity said as she levitated a bunch of her fashion tools, "We already have an appointment on the book to discuss the royal upgrades to your loft décor."

TOOOOOOOOT!

"ALLLL ABOARD FOR PONYVILLE!" The conductor shouted.

Twilight and her friends came together into a group hug and then rushed to the train, but then Pinkie surprised Twilight with another hug before bouncing back to the train, leaving just Twilight, Spike, Sora, Donald, Goofy, and Jiminy at the station. Twilight's friends all waved goodbye for now, until they saw each other again.

Twilight sighed, "I can't help it, guys, they've only been gone a minute and I already feel like I'm missing something."

"Don't worry, Twilight, I promised I'd find you and I did, your friends promised they'd see you again and I bet they'll keep their promise just like I did." Sora said as he smiled, which Twilight found contagious.

"I have no idea how you manage to make ponies happy Sora, but you do."

"Awww!" Donald, Goofy, and Jiminy cooed.

"Blech!" Spike gagged, earning a glare from everyone.

A Pegasus mailpony appeared and handed (or hoofed) a letter to them, "For the princess."

Spike took the letter as he flew off and began to read what was inside,

Dear Twilight,
You aren't missing anything.

Your friend,
Pinkie Pie

P.S. Sora's right, you know.

"THAT'S MEEEEEE!" Pinkie screamed, making her friends giggle at her antics.

"But I am. I just know it." Twilight said. And I just hope Sora's right.

* * *

Twilight, Sora, and the others returned inside the castle into what seems to be Twilight's temporary living quarters, Sora and his friends were looking around while Spike was going over a checklist and Twilight practicing her flying a little.

"Check, check, check, check, and...check!" Spike said, "Huh, whataya know? We're way ahead of schedule! I credit your extremely competent assistant."

Twilight flew down to the floor and stumbled a little before regaining her balance, "So do I."

"The celebration isn't until the day after tomorrow, we could still fit in a quick trip to Ponyville and be back in plenty of time to finish off these last few things before the main event."

"Sounds like a plan!" Sora agreed.

Twilight sighed, "That would be nice, Spike, but what if something else came up while we were gone? What if we were delayed getting back and I wasn't able to finish everything on that list?" She began to flap her wings subconsciously as she panicked, "What if we lost the list on the way to Ponyville and couldn't remember which things we done and which things we hadn't done and then spent so much time trying to figure out what we hadn't done and had done, and then we ruin the entire celebration by not doing the one really important thing that we supposed to do!?" She slammed her head on the ceiling from her involuntary flying and fell back down, stopping her tangent.

"Uh...so that's a 'no' then?" Spike asked.

Twilight got in Spike's face, "These are the first royal duties Princess Celestia has given me, I can't risk letting her down."

"And I'm sure you won't."

Everyone turned to face the owner of the new voice; it was a tall female Alicorn, bearing large, feathery wings and an unusually long horn, the crown on her head matched her regalia around her neck and on her hooves, her mane and tail were like a translucent rainbow of blue, green, purple, and pink, her eyes were a deep violet, much similar to Twilight's, and a sun was emblazoned upon her flanks.

"Your highness!" Spike said as he and Twilight rushed before her and bowed.

"No need for that now, Princess Twilight."

"Sorry!" Twilight said.

Celestia giggled, "No need to apologize."

"Sorry!"

Sora, Donald, and Goofy looked at each other and just burst out laughing, earning the attention of the two princesses and baby dragon.

"Oh! I almost forgot! Princess, this is Sora and his friends, Sora, this is Princess Celestia."

Celestia walked over to them, "So, you are Sora."

"That's right, but forgive me for sounding rude, you act like you've heard of me."

"That's because Twilight has told me all about you and all the amazing things you've done for many others in many worlds, I am honored to officially meet you in person." With that, Celestia bowed to Sora.

"Um, thanks." Sora said as he bowed back.

"Also, I am an old friend of your king, whom I met many years ago."

That took the trio by surprise.

"May I add, I'm to believe that you've caught the eye of a certain mare," Celestia shifted her gaze to Twilight, who blushed intensely, "But I digress. I must admit that it is wonderful to actually be looking forward to the Summer Sun Celebration."

"What do you mean?" Twilight asked.

Celestia gazes out the window to see a dark blue Alicorn at an adjacent tower, "For my subjects, it has always been a celebration of my defeat of Nightmare Moon, but for me," She sighs sadly, "it was just a terrible reminder that I had to banish my own sister..."

"I guess I never really thought of it that way."

"I know how you feel, Your Majesty."

Celestia swiftly craned her neck at the owner of the sudden comment: Sora, who had his eyes focused on the floor beneath him.

"If Twilight hadn't told you already, my—"

"—Best friend, Riku, had gone through a similar experience as my sister."

Sora looked at the solar princess in shock, Celestia just continued, "Twilight has already told me. She also explained a being named, 'Xehanort', and how he had controlled your every movements from the very beginning of your journey."

Sora turned to Twilight, who smiled sheepishly, "Is there anything you haven't told her?" He shifted his attention back to Celestia, "I think they should hang out sometime, maybe they can relate to each other and find some common ground."

"Are you certain that you are not trying to have Riku court my sister?"

"Uh, I don't know what means, but yes?" At his comment, Twilight and Spike had panicked expression, which didn't go unnoticed by Sora, "What?"

Celestia giggled, "I was just teasing, Twilight, no need to get worked up."

Twilight and Spike breathed a heavy sigh of relief, but Sora was just even more confused, "Was it something I said?"

"Anyway, the Summer Sun Celebration has now become a wonderful reminder of her transformation back into Princess Luna, and our happy reunion. I am so pleased that you will be playing a role in the festivities. I know must have been difficult to see your friends returned to Ponyville without you."

"Maybe a little." Twilight lied.

"You may no longer be my student, Princess Twilight, but I hope you know that I will always be here if you need me, just as I hope you will always be there when I need you." Celestia nuzzles Twilight, who returns the affection.

"I'll always be there for Twilight, too." Sora says, "I know we've only known each other for a short time, but she's been just as good a friend to me as anyone else I've met, and if she needs me, I won't let her down."

Their tender moment was interrupted by Spike poking at Twilight, saying, "Ahem, I think this guy needs you."

The mailpony from before appeared with another letter, "Uh, um, a message for Princess Twilight."

Twilight took the letter in her magic hue and opened it—

POP!

Twilight smiled when confetti and streamers popped out of the envelope with the sound of applause coming from out of nowhere.

Heh-heh, only Pinkie Pie would send something like that. Sora thought as he smiled as well.

"A letter from Ponyville, I presume?" Celestia asked.

"Never mind," Twilight made the envelope disappear, "it's not important. Spike, where were we?"

"About to call it a night?" Spike asked with a hopeful smile.

"We should probably go over the checklist one more time."

"I knew you were gonna say that," Spike said in a disappointed tone.

"Better safe than sorry, Spike," Sora said.

"Oh! I just remembered! Your necklace!" Twilight begins to levitate the silver crown above, but Sora stops her.

"You know what? Why don't you keep it, at least until after the Summer Sun Celebration?" Sora smiled, "Think of it as a good luck charm."

"O-Okay."

"No wonder you have such deep feelings for him," Celestia whispered, making Twilight blush.

Celestia began to take her leave, "I'll leave you two alone."

"Hey! We're right here, y'know!" Donald yelled.

(stop music)

After Celestia made her into the hall, she began to occupy herself with her thoughts, Sora...I have no idea what you are capable of, but I hope you will be prepared for the dangers that will soon stand before you...please...if something happens to me...keep Twilight safe.

She was so lost in her thought that she failed to noticed the black plant poking out of the floor and creeping up behind her.

"Huh!? AHH!!"

* * *

Twilight, Sora, and the others have fell asleep while going over anything they've done; Twilight and Sora nestled together on her workdesk, Spike was asleep in his basket with Donald next to him, but with his back facing him, and Goofy was sprawled out on the bed, snoring up a storm with Jiminy inside the rim of his hat.

Twilight began to stir and noticed that she was with Sora, she blushed, but she didn't freak out like she almost did back in Canterlot High, she smiled down at him with that content little grin on his face. She rubbed the sleep out of her eyes and looked out the window to see what time it was, only to have a confused, but shocked look plastered on her face, she shook Sora awake and pointed at the sky and almost instantly adopted the same expression. They went to wake up their friends and show them what they saw.

"Spike? Spike!" Twilight whispered.

"Check, check, check, check, check, check, check..." Spike mumbled in his sleep.

"Ugh, Sora, I said you're not flying the ship..." Donald mumbled.

"Creamy, creamy frosting..." Goofy mumbled while licking his lips.

"I'm comin', Pinoke..." Jiminy mumbled while he appeared to be sleep-running in place.

"Spike!" Twilight said louder.

"Guys, wake up!" Sora called.

Spike grunted as he leaned into a sitting position in his basket while Donald put his fingers together and pushed them upwards, cracking his knuckles, Goofy sat up and scratched the bottom of his nose with a single finger, and Jiminy was taken by surprise by the sudden movement of Goofy and instantly woke up, all while Twilight and Sora had equal looks of worry.

"What time is it?" Spike asked.

"It's the middle of the night, but it could be morning, that's just it, I can't tell!" Twilight said.

"Me neither!" Sora added.

Everyone gathered to the window and saw a scary sight: both the sun and the moon were in the sky, causing it to split into both day and night.

"That's...mighty unusual," Jiminy commented.

"You said it," Donald agreed.

"Whoa. That is weird," Spike said.

"C'mon, everypony, we have to find out what's going on," Twilight said.

* * *

Everypony in Canterlot gathered into the castle gardens after seeing the abnormal sight, not doing anything to hide their fear.

"What do you think it means?" An orange maned, yellow coated Unicorn asked.

It was at that moment that Twilight and the gang came outside and saw the mass of worried ponies.

"Princess Twilight will know!" A two-toned blue maned, magenta coated Unicorn called.

All of the Canterlot ponies rushed up to them and bombarded Twilight with questions, which the newly-crowned princess couldn't even answer herself.

"I'm-I'm sure it's just...well, there's certainly a logical exp-"

"Your Highness!" A gray Unicorn Guard in gold armor interrupted, "You must come with us!"

Twilight, Spike, Sora, Donald, Goofy, and Jiminy followed the Unicorn Guards into castle and they shut the double doors, leaving the crowd even more distraught than before.

"It's Princess Luna and Princess Celestia..." The first guard said.

"They're gone!" The second guard exclaimed.

The princess and her friends gasped in shock.

To Be Continued...

Author's Note:

It's time for Jiminy's Journal!

Equestria

New!

Princess Celestia

Ruler of Equestria and Twilight's former mentor; they appear to be close friends now, agreeing to be there if they need each other. Her sister is Princess Luna, whom she had "banished" a long time ago due to her once being evil, but later purified by Twilight and her friends.
Not much else is known about her...


Princess Luna

Co-ruler of Equestria and Raiser of the Moon; she and her sister, Princess Celestia rule Equestria together. At one point in time, she became evil and nearly took over Equestria while taking on a new persona, "Nightmare Moon", until she was "banished" by Princess Celestia. She was later purified and turned back into Princess Luna.
Not much else is known about her...