• Published 3rd May 2015
  • 795 Views, 3 Comments

W.A.F.E. - DNA Hochburger



We have to go on, get stronger, because our enemies are getting stronger too. But we also have to have fun, because what´s life without fun?

  • ...
9
 3
 795

Setups

The bell rings for the last time that day to free all the kids from the claws named shool. After all other foals exited the building the CMC finally emerge.

"So what now?" asks Sweetie Belle as they leave the building.

"Well DNA said that either FREEZER or himself are going to pick me up," explains as she stands infront of the school.

Applebloom snickers. "Oh Scoots has ta be picked up."

"There´s nothing wrong with being picked up," tries the orange pegasus to defend herself.

"´Course little filly," replies her yellow friend while patting her head.

The marshmallow white unicorn filly and the light brown-orange coated colt smile at her friends antics. The ear of the female one of the two twitches as she picks up a peculiar sound. A sound that one doesn´t hear often in Ponyville. The sound of silence. She looks from her elevated position on the hill on which the school stands to Ponyville. Only problem is there are no ponies.

"Hey guys. There may be problem," starts Sweetie Belle with more than a little worry in her voice. Her three friends turn towards her, gaining her their full attention. She points to the city, "Where is everypony?"

Her friends follow her pointed hoof towards the empty streets of their home town.

"Another monster attack?" inquires Button Mash.

"Yep," answer his three filly friends in perfect unison.

"Cutie Mark Crusaders Monster Hunters?"

"Nah. Ya remember the Tree Sap monster?" replies Applebloom, making them all shudder at the notion. "We beat it. Ain´t we?"

"Yes, but at what cost?" respondes Scootaloo.

"Girls and Button, I think we have more pressing matters at hoof. Think we should run... You now from the approaching monster?" cuts the pink and purple maned filly her friends off.

Her two filly friends first look at her, then at each other before turning back to her.

"We could run..." begins Applebloom.

"... Or we could wait, see what the monster is and then decide if we should run or not," finishes Scootaloo the reply.

The white unicorn taps her chin in thought. "I guess you´re right," she turns to the brown earth pony, "What about you, Button?"

He shruggs. "Yeah sure, you guys had crazier ideas."

With that the four foals settle into one line, staring at the hollow city streets.

As they wait for something to happen Scootaloo realizes something. She leans forward to look around two of her friends at the third one. "Hey, Button?"

The colt also leans forward. "Yes, Scootaloo?"

"I just noticed what you you said earlier. What did you mean, when you said we had crazier ideas? Are you saying we are weird?" The question isn´t asked aggressive, but rather curious.

Button thinks about it for a second. "Well kinda. I mean think about it. While other fillies and colts go to play and learn in their free time, we go out and crusade for out Cutie Marks. I think we experienced more in our short lifes than some adults that are four times as old as we are. So I think you could desrcibe us as weird in some way."

His filly companions think about it quickly before nodding in agreement

When they turn back towards the place they observe, something walks towards them. It´s big, walks on two legs and has green hair and eyes.

The brown colt cocks his head. "Hey, isn´t that a human?"

"Yeah, but it ain´t DNA," confirms Applebloom.

"It´s FREEZER actually. He lives with me and DNA," clarifies the orange pegasus filly.

When the human arrives at the foals location he goes into a squat to be at least somewhat on their eyelevel.

"So you are FREEZER?" asks Sweetie Belle while looking him up and down.

"No, I´m the other human. My name is HEATER. Nice to meet," respondes FREEZER, his voice never leaving the even tone.

Button Mash also inspects the biped. "So you´re a human?"

"Yes and you are?"

"My name is Button Mash."

"Interesting name," admitts FREEZER. He turns to his target pony. "So Scoots, you ready to go and... take your little friends with you?" asks the air tamer.

"What does he mean with that Scootaloo?" inquires Sweetie Belle.

The pegasus facehoofs at forgetting something so important. "Right." She faces her friends so to better speak to them. "I asked DNA if you guys could come over and he said yes. So you wanne come to DNAs place?"

Her two filly friends look at each other exited before hopping around Scootaloo and shouting, "YES!" from the top of their lungs.

The only male pony turns to the only human male. "What´s so special where you live?"

"We live in some old castle that´s in the forest at the edge of this town. Somehow it´s special. Dunno why though," explain FREEZER, while shrugging with his shoulders, still disinterested.

The colts eyes widen a bit at that. "Wait, you mean the abandoned castle of the two royal sisters in the Everfree forest?"

"DNA used both of these terms already, so I´m gonna go with yes," answers the human while tapping his chin in thought. The three fillies walk over to the males, which causes FREEZER to adress Scootaloo, "So you ready to go?"

"Yeah, Sweetie Belle and Applebloom are exited to go..." starts Scootaloo.

I wouldn´t have guessed, thinks FREEZER sarcastically.

"... But I know that Button has to ask his mother first."

Four pairs of eyes turn to the small brown colt making him blush slighty. "Yeah my mom can be pretty protective."

The air tamer sighs while dropping his head. "Great. This is just perfect." There is a moment of silence in which FREEZER rubs his forehead with two fingers. "Ok, fine let´s go. The sooner we get going the sooner I can be back at the castle." With that he turns around and starts walking towards Ponyville. The four foals look at each other for a moment before following him.


"Isn´t it kind of empty even for a monster attack?" observes Sweetie Belle as the group continues their way through the village.

"I think that is my vault. When the ponies noticed me most of them started running like crazy."

"It still ain´t explaining why it´s so deserted. Ain´t the first time a monster attacked," states Applebloom firmly.

A dark chuckle escapes the human, while his features give space for a mischievous smile. "I may or may not started laughing maniacal, screaming that I want to enslave them. And that´s when everything went really to hell."

The kids stop looking up at the human shocked. "That was mean thing to do."

He shrugs. "They had it coming. I mean it´s extremly rude to just assume that something is evil just because someone doesn´t look like you. Just imagine you arriving in a city and everybody there things you´re a monster."

The four ponies think about it for a couple of seconds about it, while continuing along their path before nodding and admitting that he is right.

After some more walking FREEEZER suddenly stops and turns around. The four ponies notice after a couple of steps that one of their companions stopped walking. They look in the same direction as the human, but can´t see what the human seems to see.

"Hey FREEZER what happened?"

"Someone´s approaching. From the sound of it I´d say about five and they appear to be agitated," comes the ice cold voice from the human.


"When I get this monster into my hoofs, I´m gonna show it why you don´t mess with Rainbow Danger Dash," exclaims the cerulean pegasus, as she flies above her friends.

"Whoa there sugarcube, hold your horses. Let´s not jump the hay jus' yet like last time," interjects Applejack.

The flying pegasus pffs at the statement. "Oh please, that was once."

"Ya couldn´t fly fer a week," respondes the orange farm pony.

"She is right Rainbow, you know? But I can´t believe I have to delay my appointment with DNA, because of this monster. I hope it can explain itself," huffs Rarity, while trotting alongside her friends.

Twilight rolls her eyes at her at her friends antics. She turns around to look at Fluttershy, who struggles to keep up. I hope whatever monster we are going to face that she´s able to talk to it.

Suddenly a hoof finds her shoulder which makes jump. When she turns to find the culprit she finds Pinkie Pie. "Don´t worry Twilight we can deal with the monster. And when we´re done I gonna throw a victory party."

The purple unicorn looks at each of her friends absorbing their silent encouragement. "You´re right. We can do this together." She points infront of them. "It should be around that corner there."

Rainbow Dash nods. "Alright see ya slowpokes. I´m going to go ahead."

"Darn it Rainbow. Ah swear one day she gonna get seriously hurt," complains Applejack as she tries to catch up with the rest of them close behind.

When they round the corner they find something that doesn´t happen often; Rainbow Dash restrained. FREEZER has one hand around her neck and with the other he is keeping her wings pinned together. Although she tries to free herself her attempts are futile.

"Let me go!" commands the mare still struggling to escape.

"Are you going to attack me again?" asks the human.

"No! Just let me go," screams the mare frustrated. With a shrug he lets her go, but so unexpected that the rainbow maned mare falls onto the ground plot first.

Applejack chuckles before going over to her friend and helping her up. "Ah don´t wanne say Ah told ya, but Ah told ya."

The blue pegasus brushes of the bit of dirt on her coat still a bit disgruntled.

Before anyone can do something three voices pipe up simultaneous. "Applejack/Rarity/Rainbow Dash!"

The owners of the names look up to find one filly run towards them each.

"Sweetie Belle? What are you doing here?" asks the white unicorn mare.

"Ah could ask ya the same thing Applebloom."

The two fillies just point to the third filly in their little group. All eyes focus on Scootaloo.

"Squirt, you wanne tell us something?" comes the request from Rainbow Dash.

She hoofs the ground a bit before letting go a sigh and starting to explain what happened.

After some minutes of explaing, everypony who didn´t know stands there slack-jawed not knowing what to do exept Pinkie. She shakes full of energy before screaming, "BYE!" and rushing off.

"Is she usually like this?" questions FREEZER still looking where the party pony zoomed off to.

"Yeah," comes the syncronized answer from everypony.

"But more importantly," begins Rainbow Dash while turning back towards Scootaloo, "Why´d you never tell anypony about you being an orphan? We could have helped you."

"I thought you´d put me back in the orphanage," replies the orange pegasus, while letting her ears drop.

Rainbow Dash walks over to the smaller pegasus and puts a leg around her. "Listen, squirt. Nopony would have put you back there, if ya just explained yourself."

"I knew that, I was just scared is all. But I guess real friends stay loyal no matter where you come from," replies Scootaloo while smiling up at her idol.

"That´s what I wanted to hear, squirt," respondes the weather manager, while she ruffles her hair. "I'd love to stick around you guys, but there's rain scheduled for tonight and it's gonna take a while until I get the weather team together. They are probably still under their beds." And with that she flies off.

"I will be going too. Goodbye everypony," bids Fluttershy farewell. "And FREEZER," adds the timid pegasus to which he doesn´t react.

"So you wanne go to DNAs? In the middle of the Everfree?" asks Applejack with a bemused smirk.

"Yeah, Scoots invited us over," answers Applebloom, still exited over the idea to be able to go to a castle.

"That is quite the coincidence. Applejack and I were just on our way to him," informs Rarity.

Sweetie Belle raises a confused eyebrow at her bigger sister. "Why is that?"

"He asked me to make some banners for the castle," exclaims Rarity, her eyes sparkling again at the thought of her creations decorating a castle.

The larger one of the Apples chuckles. "And Ah have to pick our cart." She turns around to Twilight who stands infront of FREEZER with a writing pad and quill and feather. "Hey Twi, you gonna come too?"

The lavender mare nods absently, the cause being that most of her attention is focused on the human infront of her.

"What are you doing anyway, darling," questions the fashionista.

"FREEZER, spaced out a couple of minutes ago and I thought it would be a good time as any to look at him and take some notes on their stature," replies the libarian happily finally looking away from the air tamer.

"I wonder what he is thinking about," wonders Rarity out loud.


Meanwhile in FREEZERs head

"Yes," says a female soft voice.

"NO!" argues a male voice back.

"Yes."

"NO!"

"Yes."

"NO!"

The two voices are represented by a floating ball made out of smoke each in its respective colour.

Both balls turn to the mental image of FREEZER. "So WhAt Is YoUr DeCiSiOn!"

"AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!" screams FREEZER clutching his head. "I don't know. Maybe. Both of you have a valid point. I just can't answer you right now."

"That doesn't do it. At one point you will have to decide," states the red voice in a lot calmer manner than previously before dispersing into thin air.

"He has a point, you know? You can't stay in this inbetween for long or the rest of your life may become really bad." The blue one also vanishes, but slowly unlike the other one. But before her form she has in this mental landscape of darkness can completely fade away she says, "And if DNA is right this could be long."

The human sighs and closes his eyes. "I know."

A shaking in the real world causes him to refocus on it. He looks down to find Scootaloo at his leg. "Is everything alright FREEZER?"

"Yeah, just spaced out for a bit there. So you four ready to get going again?" inquires the human.

"Actually we are seven now," is the responds of the filly, while pointing at the three mares.

He looks first at the mature mares before pointing his fiel of vision back at the gamboge pony. "Ok. Beside that. Are you still ready to get going again?"

"Yes, I think so."

"Then lead the way."

And so the group of seven ponies and one human continue their quest to get the permission of Buttons mom that he can come over with his friends. Truly the most epic quest.


After some more walking and Twilight asking FREEZER questions the group of eight finally reaches their destination. The brown earth pony splits himself from the group and pushes open the door. "I´m home."

Hurried hoofsteps come closer until the colt is thrown of his koofs in a crushing, motherly hug. "Oh Button I was so worried about you, sweetie."

The son struggles in his mothers embrace. "Mooom let me gooooo!"

There are some chuckles which causes the cream coloured mare to look out the open door and seeing the other ponies. "Oh hello there I haven´t see you. If you are here that means the monster is gone. Right?" The last part is more directed to the three other mares.

"Well it wasn´t really a monster. It was more of a misunderstanding," clarifies Rarity.

Buttons mom cocks her head in curious confusion. "What do you mean with that?"

The fashionista turns her head to the side and waves someone over. "FREEZER, darling. Could you come over here for a second."

"Never call me darling again, ever," comes a male voice from the side, right before a bipedal figure steps into the line of sight.

If it weren't for the other ponies staying so calm despite his presence Buttons mom would probably run away.

"I'm sorry. I am just so used to calling everpony that. Anyway," she points at the cream coloured mare, "This is Love Tap and as I am sure you already guessed she is the mother of Button over there."

"Hi," greets the human her while nodding his head in her direction. Before she can respond though he turns his head towards her son. "Button can please ask her, I want to go." Must resist the urge to be unpleasant.

"Oh right," replies the colt before facing his mother. "Mom I wanted to go visit Scootaloos place. Can I go?"

That snapped her out of her shock state. She turns to the pegasus filly. "Scootaloo, you finally found a home to live in?" There is a short pause in which silence dominates over the conversation before she just nods timidly. The filly finds herself swooped up in a bear like hug. "Oh I'm just so happy for you."

Scootaloo returns the embrace after the initial jolt. "Thank you for keeping my secret."

"It was nothing," replies the only parent in the group. "So where do you live?"

She points at the biped. "I´m living with him and one other of his kind."

The mares eyes widen for just a moment before she says, "Well I think I´ll come with you and thank the other..." she pauses thinking, "What are you anyway?"

"My race is called humans and you can come if you want, I won´t stop you," returns FRERZER, his voice never leaving the even tone, but in his head it is the complete opposite.

"We are taking fire! I´m repeating: We. Are. Taking. FIRE!" screams a blue girl from behind a protective barrier with red explosions happening all around her.

"GIVE UP! YOU CANNOT WIN AGAINST MY SUPERIORTY!" comes the screaming voice from a red boy from across the battlefield.

"Never you red bastard!" screeches the girl back, as she tosses a grenade over the wall she hiding behind.

When FREEZER comes back to his senses they are all already heading to their next destination. Thank you body for having an auto pilot.

"Oh, I would never leave such a hot piece of meat alone."

FREEZER mental eyes go wide with horror at hearing the deep masculine voice with something hot breathing down his imaginary neck. "Meep"


Meanwhile below in a secret underground lair. The pink pony drops a drop of misterious liquid from a beaker into a test tube. A white cloud rises out of it. She takes a bite out licking her lips. "Better, but not good enough yet. But time doesn´t matter to me. I will let them feel safe and when the time is ripe I will strike."

Author's Note:

If anything wonders why the CMC act more mature than in the show. They are a bit older than in the show.

This chapter may be a bit later than I wanted it to be. Yeah sorry about that. This chapter was actually already finished two months ago, but I´m a slow typer.

We got some insight on what FREEZER thinks. But what are those voices? I actually want to hear your guesses.