• Published 3rd May 2015
  • 795 Views, 3 Comments

W.A.F.E. - DNA Hochburger



We have to go on, get stronger, because our enemies are getting stronger too. But we also have to have fun, because what´s life without fun?

  • ...
9
 3
 795

Castle and Secrets

"That was quite interesting," comments Twilight while trotting along the path.

The flight has been uneventful. After the rapid start the gliding part had been relaxing, when a little weird.

"I´m disappointed that it was so boring," adds Rainbow in a frustrated manner.

"Ah don´t know ´bout that. Ah´m glad nothing exited ´appened," replys Applejack.

"I´m with AJ on this one. It was nice to travel in such a relaxing way," agrees Rarity.

Fluttershy chips in too. "I have to say, it was awful odd to fly like this, but also very exiting."

"Oh come on," exclaims Rainbow, throwing her forelegs out, "Hasn´t anypony the same opinion as me?"

"Oh I think it too, Dashie. I was like soooo exited that I had the chance to fly. Sure I have flown before with balloons, but this was tooootally different. I mean we glided all the way from Canterlot to the entrance of the Everfree forest on a stone slab. Anyways when we started we shot in the air and me and Dashie were like: Uuuuuuuuh YEAH! And you guys were like: Aaaaaah HELP!," brabbles Pinkie with a huge smile.

Sometimes her friends wonder about her.

-In the front.-

"I haven´t walked this way in many years," says Celestia nostalgic.

Luna nods. "Indeed sister it feels like it has been an eternity, since we have taken this path."

"But I do have to ask," Celestia turns towards DNA, "for what are those stone pillars," pointing to the stone columns that are lined up along the side of road on a regular basis.

"Oh them?" asks DNA also pointing to them, "I thought it would be a good idea to guide everyone from and to the castle."

"Who would want to go to the castle anyway?" questions Celestia raising an eyebrow.

"Twilight and her friends for example," answers DNA, while motioning with one hand behind them, where the ponies in question are walking being sunk in their own conversation. Luna and Celestia contemplate that for a moment before agreeing that he has a point.

-All the way in the back.-

Maybe these ponies aren´t all that different from us humans. Maybe I can even become friends with them, thinks FREEZER, as he listens to the conversations going on in front of him.

Another voice speaks up in his head. NO! They are still little pink ponies. You are a MAN, you are not allowed to like them!

But they act like humans, maybe a bit friendlier, they just look different.

That doesn´t change the fact that they are PONIES!

He nods to himself. That´s right, I can´t like them, they are ponies.

-At the castle-

"Welcome to the castle of the elements!" exclaims DNA, throwing out his arms.

Rainbow whistles. "Nice."

"While I won´t describe it as Rainbow, I have to say you really did something to this place," adds Rarity.

The castle looks already a lot better. Of course it doesn´t look as good as thousands of years ago, but already better than a couple of months ago.

"Oh you are too charming. I didn´t do anything serious yet, I merely fixed some holes. But I have plans for this place," admits DNA, "Anywho I will let you guys to it, I have my own things to attend to do. We will meet in the dining room when you are finished." He starts to walk into the castle, but then turns to them again. "By the way be aware of the traps. I marked some, but I´m not sure if I found them all," and with that he leaves.

The rest of them follow him shortly after. A couple of steps before the half broken door Twililght notices something. "Wait, how are we going to find the dining room? This place is huge!"

FREEZER walks past them, hands behind his head explaining: "Don´t worry. DNA expected something like this to happen. He made preparations that all guests find their way to the most important parts of the castle, without getting lost."

"What did he do?" inquires Celestia.

"You´ll see," is all they get from FREEZER.

And boy do they see. Upon entering the first thing they notice are different coloured lines that lead to diverse parts of the palace. Next to each line stands where it is leading.

"Ok see ya later, everypony. Ah ´ave somethin´ ta do," explains Applejack already trotting away.

"Wait Applejack!" stops Twilight her, "Shouldn´t at least one of us come with you?"

Applejack turns to them. "Ah´m sorry sugarcube, but that is somethin´Ah ´ave ta do by mahself." And with that she leaves.

"Okay I will get going too then. Princess, could you please tell me where the grave of Captain Blitz is?" asks the cyan pegasus.

"Yes. It is on the west side of the building, right next to the gardens," responds Princess Luna almost to quick, earning her a suspicious glance of her sister.

"Thanks," blurts Rainbow out, before flying off.

"Wait, I will come with you Rainbow Dash," calls Fluttershy out, trying to catch up to her friend.

"And what about you Pin... Pinkie where are you?" The rest of the group looks around. No Pinkie. Twilight sighs, turning to the last of her friends. "And you Rarity?"

"I think I will stroll a bit throught the castle, looking around. I guess I am going to start with the throne room."

"When that is the case, Luna and I shall give you company," contributes Celestia.

Rarity gives a light bow. "It would be a honor, princesses."

Celestia turns to Twilight. "And what will you be doing, my young student?"

Twilight puts a hoof to her chin, "Welllll I was going to take a look at the libary," she puts the hoof back down, smiling again, "I guess I will continue with that plan."

"Are you going to be okay on your own?" questions the sun monarch.

"I´m going to be fine," replies Twilight already walking along the Libary line, that has strangely the colour of her coat, as she notices.


The room is almost completety dark, the only light coming from under the door.

Applejack hears a knock from said door. She quickly puts it away. "Who´s there?"

"It´s me. Can I come in?" The voice belongs to DNA.

"Sure pardner," the doors opens to reveal DNA leaning against the door frame, "Whatcha want?"

"I just came to give you something," states DNA simply with a dead serious voice and fitting expression. He reaches behind his back, bringing forth a small box. It´s light red in colour and the edges are encased in gold. On top is the shape of an apple, also in gold. DNA takes a large step into the room, putting the box softly onto the floor and then returns to his original position.

Applejack sneaks up on it, her whole body tense. Once close enough she takes the box and retreats with it into the far corner. She turns her back towards DNA, leaning over it protectivly. She opens it just far enough so she can take a glance in it and shuts it immidiatly after.

Applejack shoots DNA a dirty glare. "Did you look inside?" Her voice is practically dripping with venom.

"Yes I did, I had to look for who it is," respondes DNA like it´s nothing, but serious none the less.

"Did you do anything else?"

"No."

She eases up a bit,"Ah´m sorry. It´s just that Ah..." She gets stoped by DNA.

"Stop it! You don´t have to be sorry about anything. It seems I did something I shouldn´t have done and I´m sorry for that. You don´t need to explain anything either."

They are silent for a moment or two before Applejack speaks up again. "Thanks, not just for the box, but also for being so considerate."

DNA waves a hand dismissly. "Don´t mention it," he starts walking away, but stops in his track shouting something back at her before continuing.

Back in the small room a single tear rolls down her face, while a smile of unknown origin spreads across her lips. She doesn´t know from where they come from. Is she happy or she becoming crazy and letting the thing in the box take over her life? The orange mare doesn´t know, but what she knows is that she and DNA aren´t as differentas she thought in the beginning. Sure he holds secrets from them, but she is doing it too. As she thinks about this the last words of the human float through her mind. If you ever want to talk about it I´m there for you. And she knows he means it.

Author's Note:

Sorry that the chapter is this short, but I had to split up the chapter into more than one part. Still hope you liked it.

So Applejack has a secret. I hope this doesn´t get anything big later (no foreshadowing at all).

Also: SUPRISE, he lives in the old castle of the royal sisters. This has never been done before.